Sydney666's Napoli Wonder Tactic (4-2-3-1)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy Crap. I know I shouldn't post here because it is a tactic only thread, but it has since become my only source of communication for my FM related stuff....

I have bad news.

My pc died....

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: Memory Management: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000041790, 0xfffffa80095993a0, 0x000000000000ffff, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 080115-10982-01.

I was in the middle of a match when it happened. Every time I try to load ANY save game FM2015 crashes.

My pc is also constantly blue screening.

Dammit. :(

RAM sticks replaced (I had backup RAM) and FM2015 started and backup games loaded (I keep backups).

All is now well. Only lost a few days in game, but didn't lose any matches.

All okay now... touch wood. :D :D

Back to tactics talk. :)

Do you get much luck from corners?

Seem to keep hitting the first man, and rarely score from them :(

I sure do. Battipaglia, my DC scored 10 goals last season and 7 of them were off corners and set pieces. Then probably 4 or 5 other players got a goal here and there. Usually my corners either go to the near post for my DC to try and score, or they hit it far to my AMC whom is all alone outside the box. He then either shoots, dribbles into the box and passes or shoots, or he passes again out wide to the corner taker. What this does is it disrupts the opposition defenders and gives us space to score when the ball is whipped into the box again.

My corner taker is Hamsik and he has 16 for corner taking. His set pieces and crossing aren't the best, but he seems to always do the job.

Try to do some attacking set pieces training before matches, especially if you are scouting the opposition and it tells you it's their major weakness.

Hope this helps! :)

Just a little update from me as we head into the final stages of the second season...

Summer Transfers

Sold Bakary Sako to Aston Villa for a massive £12mil with the majority going straight into our transfer kitty thanks to our good finances. I have also released several of last seasons players

Blue = Loan Red = Transfer

Memphis Depay - Left Winger - As mentioned earlier, this was to be my marquee signing, something which I was determined to do since the end of the season. To my surprise it was really easy to prize him away from PSV and most of the money will be paid on a monthly basis over 48 months, something which I hope to not do too often, but in this case was necessary! He is by far my best player and top goalscorer of the season so far. Overall cost came in at £27mil

Daniele Capelli - Centre Back - This player came out of last seasons budget and has cost the club just a mere £140k! Unfortunately he has failed to impress and will be sold on for a profit once he finds a new club.

Younes Kaboul - Centre Back - I wanted a strong defender with leadership skills, so I scoured the transfer list and found Kaboul up for sale, costing just £2.4mil! He came in and did exactly what I was expecting, but was very unfortunate to pick up a season ending injury with Knee Tendonitis and will most definitely miss the rest of the season.

James Wilson - Striker - I searched high and wide, found strikers who could potentially lead our front line, but in the end there was only one player willing to join and that was James Wilson on a loan deal. He was far from my first choice because he didn't fit certain criteria, but I knew he was a decent player with a possible big future ahead, so I was happy to pay the £170k per month that Manchester United were asking for. He struggled a lot with Manchester United, but his struggles also continued for a further 10 games before finally scoring against Manchester City and then smashing 5 past Everton in the following game! He has since played fairly well and scored a further 4 goals.

Matthias Ginter - Centre Back - This was a no brainer as he is a brilliant centre back with a big future ahead if he develops well. He has played well considering our squad is far from the best in the league and has helped us reach the heights that we have reached so far this season. Costing us £3.4mil!

Marco Van Ginkel - Centre Midfielder - I was shocked to find him transfer listed in all honesty as he is a top talent with scope for improvement. He has been an absolute monster in the league this season and a steal at just £3.5mil!

Thorgan Hazard - Centre Attacking Midfielder - Another shocking transfer listed player and I snapped him up as soon as I saw him! Another steal at just £5mil and provides the team with both goals and assists.

Nicolai Boilesen - Left Back - I went in search of a left back due to our lack of options in that position with just 1 player. Unfortunately I'm disappointed with the impact Boilesen has had since joining for £6mil, but hopefully he can improve in the near future.

Unfortunately money doesn't last forever and without the sale of Bakary Sako, I doubt we would have done as well as we have this season so far.

January Transfers

After signing a new contract (yet again) and renewing our aims for the season, the board gave me a further £11mil for investment in the squad. I had no intentions of spending much further this season however, but I knew I needed to add a bit of depth in case of an injury crisis!

Granit Xhaka - Defensive Midfielder / Centre Midfielder - I really felt Xhaka could add a bit of steal to our midfield area, but unfortunately he has been a disgrace so far in his 4 appearances. At £275k per month, I think Arsenal are laughing all the way to bank! :(

Miroslav Klose - Striker - I felt that James Wilson needed a bit of competition and I was hoping that Klose could possibly become our number 1 striker, but he has struggled so far in his 6 appearances, although his last appearance in the FA Cup could be an indication of things are on the up with 2 brilliant assists to put Depay through on goal, fingers crossed!

Premier League Action

It has been a dream season so far as we have been competitive throughout and come away with some massive results against big teams this season. We have also had the downers as expected with the worst defeat coming at he hands of Tottenham Hotspur in a 5 - 0 thrashing! Our best performances actually came straight after the Spurs match with an insane performance against Manchester City, running away 4 - 2 winners and arguably could have been a higher scoreline, then following that up with a 5 - 0 victory over Everton. Here are the current standings...

Competitions_%20%20Competitions-3_zpsszsvwsgi.png

Looks like you're doing well, but I am a tad worried about the 44 goals against.

Do you have a CB, playing as stopper with good heading and anticipation? I guess when you're building a team, especially with a low budget it won't be easy to find players that are needed for the tactic to win trophies, but at least you are doing well. 7th place with a newly promoted side with a low budget is no mean feat, especially in a league where money flows like water and everyone snaps up super stars.

With my first season as Napoli, I conceded 27 goals in 38 matches, but I had Dante at centre back (I had gotten him only for 8 or 9 million euro) and while I lost 4 matches, everyone else in Serie A struggled. 2nd place Juventus ended up losing about 9 matches and I won by a 14 or so point margin. I have noticed that in the EPL, hardly anyone in the top 4 lose more than 4 or 5 games, so I have been pretty lucky playing in quite an inferior league.

However as the years have past in my game, Serie A has become nearly as competitive as the EPL and while my side is a lot stronger than season one, the teams in my top 4 or 5 are getting stronger. Juventus and Inter have some massively strong sides and I can see them knocking me off my peddle-stool soon. Inter were undefeated until they met me and I put 4 goals past them and they also had a player sent off early on as well as 2 injuries. They went on to lose a CL game after that, and 3 more matches in Serie A. So I believe i sent them into a crisis. I will be playing Juventus soon and if I can beat them (they lost 2 matches in a row as well now), I can probably run away with the title yet again.

Here is the league table : As you can see, I don't have any top scorers this year. Mainly because I rotate heavily and also that goals come from basically anywhere - so there have been 16 (sixteen!) individual scorers already and it's only 17 games in. This is another bonus of the tactic, because of overlapping runs, because of players running at defences creating space and havoc, you can have anyone scoring on any given day. A few seasons back, when I finished undefeated EVERY player except Gaspar scored a goal. Even my goalie, Sepe scored a goal from the spot :D. Gaspar took a penalty on the last day and missed it. :D :D

2rrlx08.jpg

4zzwpv.jpg

Also I was contacted by someone who I think was also the same guy who posted on my STEAM Workshop mod comments page as "just a standard tactic". He complained that all I did was use a standard tactic that came with the game and posted it up and "got lucky". I am guessing he also has a tactic uploaded and that he is probably jealous.

I never claimed that I am a tactical genius or that I am doing anything out of the ordinary. The game no longer has the "old style" tactical option available that I used to always use. That is the sliders and complete control over every little detail. The new dummy proof tactics system does allow people to get their ideas onto paper easier than before and thus creates a game that is less likely to frustrate the gamer through slight tactic errors that result in strings of lots of defeats as before.

My tactic is not a standard tactic as people are making it out to be. There are people with crazy formations and lots of odd instructions that result in great results and kudos to them if they release a tactic that probably finds holes in the games code. It is however a simple tactic, which works and as stated before - that is only half of the things required to win. People need to know how to man manage in FM2015, know how to train up PPM's and know what to do when the team is not winning. Most matches I play, I probably would have not won if I played just on key highlights or played instant result. This tactic is not an easy way to victory, which is why I showed people what I do over the course of a season and why I have a lot of written detail. I wanted to explain how things are done at my club and it is a shame that people can't be bothered reading a few paragraphs, let alone walls of texts as I supply. :D :D :D

I am not about that. I want a familiar tactic that works with the players I have at my disposal and when I first took over Napoli the 4-2-3-1 was the only real option I had and that is how the tactic was born. I want to play possession football, but I hate it when players sit still and everyone involved is static. That is why I wanted players to also run at the defence, but another reason behind that reasoning was because my team ranked first in pace and in dribbling - so I took advantage of it and designed my tactic to do just that. I also had one of the strongest and bravest players in the league as well as high work rate. That is why I have my guys getting stuck in and closing down often. I think it is rare to find a possession based tactic, which also has players taking advantage of their players speed - despite the passing play being of low pace.

People also think that my tactic is a standard tactic with wingers running up the pitch and crossing it in for a target man. It makes me laugh because I don't play with width, passing it to wingers who cross it in to an English style target man hoofing it in. I play with a very narrow style and the "wide" tactic actually fools people. My players do overlapping runs, which include my fullbacks and then cutting inside, creates a lot of numerical advantages against the opposition. Most of my games, if not all are won because I flood the midfield and create overlapping runs which take defenders with them. This creates a ton of space up front and lots of numerical advantages in the midfield. Then my players run into that space and goals come from most of these opportunities created. I also have my AMC and ST shooting on sight, and I noticed this gives my AML and AMR chances off rebounds and a lot of goals come from easy tap ins. Not to mention the low crosses that take advantage of my players with quick acceleration. If the tactic were utilizing a big target man, then I would have high floating crosses to give my big man time to head it in. Most people don't even understand this part of the game and don't even understand the point behind low crosses and high crosses - which is why I am explaining it here. :)

Also most of you only see the "base" tactic which I use. However you do not see the work that goes into my 2nd and 3rd tactics I use my 4-4-2 and my 4-3-3 which I use depending on the result, as well as the tiny little changes I make to individual players, to suit their weaknesses and their strengths. If someone were to use, say Pogba in this tactic without giving him specific individual changes to suit his playing style, they won't get the best out of him. I won't publish my 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 because I want people to think for themselves and use my advice of which I posted on the main page. Secondly, if I post the 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 people will get confused, especially if they use that all season round and don't get expected results. As stated those tactics I only use for 15-25 minutes at most and to counter either certain teams, or for specific situations and thus it is not intended to use them for long periods or long string of matches.

If that is standard, then I put my hand up and agree. But I believe otherwise. It took me about 3 or 4 hours to think of the tactic and assign individual players needs. I also watch most matches in FULL or comprehensive and I only put it down to "key" or "extended" once I have the result secured.

Over the years, as players retired, some sold etc - I kept this winning formula and decided to buy players to fit my tactic, and it has served me well. Then after 7 seasons I decided to publish the tactic and it wasn't for fame or glory or for money. I noticed that a simple formation and a tactic is sometimes the best approach to the game and creating fancy tactics with strange formations is probably not playing the game as intended.

I could probably create a tactic that is lopsided that could cause the engine to struggle and then win every match by 10-0.

I am not about that, I want my team to play realistic football and I think my wonder tactic does just that, which is why I am so happy with it. Also the fact that my tactic and ideas helped relight the flame in peoples heart, to start a new game - even if it is just one person makes me feel all the pages I wrote and the simple tactic I posted up is all worth while.

:D

Guys n Gals, If you are using the STEAM Workshop version and if the tactic works for you, please rate it - so I can gather how well it performs for you all. If you aren't using the STEAM one, still rate it for me on my workshop page please! I don't get anything for it, but it's nice to know if it's working well. If it's not doing well, then rate it down. LOL :D

:D

Cheers!

Tony.

@mikenevo

This is how my season is going so far;

20b1zwp.jpg

I thought I had Juventus soon, but I forgot I already played them and beat them 2-0. I guess that is why they aren't doing so great recently, but they did bounce back with a 4-0 win against Juve Stabia. Inter lost again would you believe, against 6th placed Perugia who have also been a tough away trip for me over the last few seasons.

So far the tactic is doing okay, especially since I made some alterations on individual instructions to help implement some new faces. I signed Balotelli for 3 million Euro (bargain I think!) and the 30 year old striker scored on debut against Chievo, which I won 2-0 at home.

Money wise, the club is having huge financial issues! :( We are over 100 million Euros in debt and I am pretty close to not passing the Champions League regulations. My main issue has been buying nearly every player over 48 month transfers, and going into transfer debt. I think spending 80 million on El Shaarawy was a huge mistake, and I will never drink 4-5 beers around transfer windows again! :D He has however been a good player for me and hasn't had too many injuries yet. He has 7 goals in 14 games, not bad for an AML.

I think it is also because of the wages Messi and Ronaldo rake in, which is around 300 million Euros over 5 seasons. Not to mention Pogba, Gabbiadini, Marquinhos, Insigne and Hamsik earning a combined 104 million a season, roughly 500 million over 5 season.

So I have been forced to sell one of my best defenders, Alessio Romagnoli. I got 3 offers for him from Man City, PSG and Arsenal. Arsenal offered 49 million which I declined as I wanted about 55 for him and they wouldn't negotiate. Then PSG came in with a 52 mil offer, and I managed to haggle up to 62 million and accepted. Then a final bid came from Man City, and I haggled from 49 to 73 million Euros, which is about 50 million pounds!! :D

I have also put in a few offers for some transfer listed players who are well below their true value. I don't want to sign them to be part of my long term plans. I aim to play them off the bench and on cup games and sell them when their reputations increase again. All the offers I have made, have reached contract negotiations but I am not sure if they are willing to sign on yet as other clubs are also trying to pinch them off me. I am sure I could make a profit on them, including agent fees.

6.2 million Euro for James Wilson who plays for Arsenal. His value is 12.5 million, which is what Arsenal paid to grab him off Man United two seasons ago.

6.5 million Euro for Divock Origi who plays for Barcelona. His value is 18.5 million and only two seasons ago, Barcelona paid 23 mil for him to get him from Tottenham.

4.8 mil for Liam Moore who plays for Man City. His value is 9 million and only two seasons ago Man City paid 18 million to purchase him from Sunderland.

400k for Gyrano Kerk from Club Brugge. His value is 4.6 million and his stats are quite good too. They paid 2.7 million for him 4 years ago from NEC.

My goal is to make 20 million profit off them in 12 to 18 months time.

Also if the 70ish million sale of Romagnoli goes through and I make 20 million from these sales, I will come out of debt. At the end of the year I am probably going to sell Hulk, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Sequiera and Marquinhos, even for 1 Euro each, as selling them will free nearly 100 million Euros a season. I have about 5 or 6 decent youngsters, actually potential World class from 15 to 21 year olds out on loan. It is time to release my fear of playing too many youngsters and dump them all into the deep end. Well it's not really a fear, as I do play a lot of young guys. I just am too attached to a lot of players who are 33 and up, and then I couldn't resist buying Messi and Ronaldo when they were unhappy.

Transition periods can be a completea b*tch!! :D:D:D It is also a lot of fun to think about when I am in bed about to sleep, and I am trying to work out who to sell, and how to balance the side and keep winning trophies. I guess I have become the Sir Alex Ferguson of Napoli. :o

I also hear rumours that the game eventually cracks tactics, and it hasn't happened yet - and I doubt the AI cracks tactics. So until it keeps working, I will keep doing the business side of things and keeping my group happy.

Sorry for the multiple posts. I am bored. :(

I have found my replacement for Romagnoli. Scouts said he is a very promising defender and his attributes are quite good. Only down side is his low concentration, strength and bravery. I don't mind however as he is going to be my 4th center-back in the pecking order. He is going to cost me 7.5 million over 48 months and commands low wages. (1.5 mil / season). He also doesn't have an agent so I save a lot of money there. :D

The other important factor here is that he is not going to complain much with a squad status of backup - or here I hope.

mljsrp.jpg

I know this is a tactic thread, and I have said it before(:o), but I mentioned that this tactic is only 50% of how to be successful and win trophies. :)

The other half is buying and selling players for profit to keep funds rolling in, man managing your squad to ensure they are always with VERY GOOD or SUPERB morale for matches, or do not play them. And finally of course, buying good players that fit in the details I provided on the first post of this thread.

I am now going through a transition phase where most of my greats over the years are over 33 years of age, some great signings over the last 3 years are in their mid 30's and the rest are just entering 30 mixed with youngsters. This is the first time I am going through this massive transition and signing new players to fit the tactic isn't so easy, especially with my club now struggling for funds. So I have to be frugal on the transfer market or sell one of my key players - and in the end I have done both.

[update - January Window Opens]

Well, I have signed Ludek Lukas, James Wilson, Divock Origi and Liam Moore for an outlay of about 25 million Euro. Ludek takes the spot of Romagnoli as the backup center-back and won't be sold. James Wilson and Liam Moore are more than adequate as squad players for the time being, but they will be sold for profit - hopefully. I also brought in young 22 year old midfielder Alessio Donnarumma. I paid 4.9 million over 48 months for this player, whom has been one of the best midfielders for Atalanta this year and on the fringes of the Italian National team, yet uncapped. He is another guy I plan to sell for a profit. Fans are really upset I purchased him from rivals Atalanta, but SI need to understand that in Italy, we don't see it bad signing players from rivals. It is actually usually the other way, we are happy they defunct from our rivals to join us! :D

Since I purchased players for positions I already have filled - I have decided to loan out the youngsters who were in the squad and replaced them with the guys I just signed. I loaned out 3 of my youngsters, each one for 2.8 million. So I have already paid 8 or so million for the amount I invested...smart idea yeh? :p

So that means I have invested around 30 million of the 70 million I gained from Romagnoli. As stated, this is key to running a club and take risks to gain rewards. This is how I have managed to buy players like Pogba for over 100 million Euro or outlay 45 million for Ronaldo and Messi. Sure it's not realistic that these guys would join in real life, but in the game world anything is possible and that is why it's so much fun. :)

I have made some sales - regretfully....

I have sold, and I am sad to see him go; Guilherme Siqueira has gone to Shakhtar for 4 million Euro. He has been a fantastic servant over 6 years and always my go to left back, especially in big matches. 119 games and 9 goals for Napoli. He got upset with me after I did not select him for my World Club Cup squad and has been angry and complaining ever since. It hurts to see him go, but he was 34, on big wages and as stated he was complaining a lot. It is important to always sell unhappy players because not only will they perform below par, they will slowly annoy other players and your team morale will plummet.

Hulk is also departing. Stoke decided to grab the 35 year old for 2 million Euros.

Romagnoli has joined Man City for 70 million Euros, about 50 million pounds. Amazingly, it is the 9th Napoli player to move to Man City and sometimes when I see their formation I kind of laugh because most of my reserves and squad players are starting there. I guess that is the reason why they are without silverware over the last 7 years, and are sitting in the Europa League positions. If I were to ever leave Napoli, I think I would enjoy going to Man City as I know most of the players abilities. :D

So that's my update and probably my last post for the night. Sorry I was just bored and decided to show what I do behind the scenes and show a good tactic is about 50% of the job. :D

I have a pretty poor defensive line up to be fair, I've still got Steffen Hagen playing at right back and Scott Golbourne rotates with Nicolai Boilesen at left back. I have a decent central defender in Matthias Ginter, but he's far from his potential yet and far from being world class. I often use Danny Batth in the other spot because Younnes Kaboul got injured as stated in the previous update. So you can see that my players aren't of any real quality, so we obviously struggle in that department.

In other areas, you could say I don't have a great central midfield pairing, especially when Marco Van Ginkel isn't playing. Overall though, I couldn't have wanted more than what we've managed to achieve so far and we are almost definitely going to finish in a Europa League spot, with an outside (but very bleak) chance of making the Champions League.

At the moment we just don't have the financial power to buy who we want and I have had to sacrifice a lot of my aims when it comes to buying players for the good of the team and it's future. Once we are in a good position, I will be buying players based on certain criteria.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ignore the haters, they're either jealous or have nothing better to do...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you got a bit carried away with your spending haha! I will hopefully not fall into the trap of buying players over 48 months too often, because it's amazing how it can start to build up. Results wise though you can't really complain as you're doing really well! It's funny when you see ex player not getting games for the big clubs, because you know yourself that they were stupid to go their in the first place haha!

Haha :D Yes I will not drink and buy....:o WILL NOT DRINK AND BUY! :o

Yes results wise I am doing fantastic, even though I was worried at the start of the season where I was drawing or winning by fluke last minute goals. I was mainly worried because Inter and Juventus were keeping up with my fantastic start. However Inter has still kept on losing after we thrashed them, I think they have lost 7 in a row (yes SEVEN!) and have fallen down to 8th position. I honestly think their manager, Luciano Spaletti will get sacked if that keeps up, but his job is still set to "stable". He should use my tactic! Haha :D :D

Juventus has lost 3 games this season, and just lost their last match. They are still 2nd but are a staggering 13 points behind me already. Is it game over? Maybe...I think I am too good to let 13 points slip - but I am not one to hoot my own horn! :o

The new signings are doing okay. Only a few have played, Donnarumma, Wilson and Origi. Donnarumma and Wilson played the last 20 minutes of their games and Origi has had 1 start and 1 off the bench and has 2 assists. He does miss a lot of glaring opportunities, even an open goal. :o

Since I sold Higuain, my ST position has been a revolving door. Lacazette has been the primary striker, rotating around with Cristiano Ronaldo (who is too slow now to play wing) and Vincent Aboubakar (who has missed 5 matches because of the African Nations Cup). I now have Balotelli, Origi, Wilson, Messi and Carlos Saenz(a promising newgen) fighting for that position. Most of them can play AML, AMC and AMR - so everyone is getting some game time. However I don't see a future for Saenz, even though he was Bologna's best striker (31 goals in 51 matches in Serie A). I am not sure why, because he has fantastic attributes. Wilson I only purchased to sell off in 12-18 months and Balotelli, Ronaldo and Messi are all ageing.

Speaking of ageing players. Hamsik is 34, arguably my best player Insigne is 30, and about 12 players are 30. It is worrying! :p At least I am not one of those players that gets bored when the game is full of newgens. I enjoy it when real faces slowly disappear and computer men take over. :D

Who knows what the future holds for my club, but one thing is certain - I was looking for a new challenge and this is quite challenging and an entertaining task to undertake. :)

MAREK HAMSIK - 426 Matches 109 Goals

34 year old Marek Hamsik has just broken Napoli's all time scoring record. The 92 year old record of 108 goals by Atilla Sallustro back in 1928 has been finally broken. It took a special goal to break the record. A 30 yard strike that went into the top right hand corner. :D

Brilliant player and I hope he can keep up his performances, despite his attributes declining rapidly. He used to score about 10-15 goals a season, but the last few seasons it has become 5 or 6 a season. I think his scoring record for a play-maker is quite amazing, even in real life.

I just used the option to extend his contract by one more year and he has two years left now on his contract. As long as I keep on winning, that deep lying play-maker role will always be his. It is the one position that I find I rotate the least... :D

:D :D Forza Marek! :D :D

28mgv4p.jpg

Well here is an update of how my recent matches have gone. I had a tough derby match with AC Milan. I was 1-0 down and scored 2 late goals to win the match. It was record breaking man Marek Hamsik who scored a volley just outside the box. The powerful rocket went right into the right hand top corner - and my crowd literally exploded flares and all. :D

My next match is against Juventus who are in 2nd place 16 points behind me. A classic 6 pointer, this match will more than likely seal the title for me if I win. I am worried however, as I have had a few losses at Juventus Stadium over the last few seasons. Every season, at least 1 of my losses, apart from the year I went undefeated, was a loss against Juventus away.

I will update right after the match with the score. :D :D

zo8g9s.jpg

Oh man Juventus has such a good side and I am surprised they are so many points behind me. It is well beyond me at how they managed to lose matches against smaller sides. It was a tough match, and I could have and should have won it because I had the most clear cut chances. I hit the post once and the bar once and Allione missed a one on one chance. Juventus could have won it also, but they skied most of their shots. As stated it was a tough match as expected, where shots on target were close (4 for Juventus and 6 for me), even though I had more shots in total and the possession was only slightly in my favor.

32zus2a.jpg

I breathed a sigh of relief after the match because I am still undefeated and still have a large gap between myself and Juventus.

Things are going well and the tactic is still going strong, even with a number of new faces joining - and the tactic familiarity not completely fluid at the moment. After nearly 8 years, it hasn't been "cracked" and therefore I doubt the AI ever does it, even though many people think otherwise. I am one of those people who think that it does not. :)

vzagsj.jpg

nlc4r9.jpg

Ross Smith, who has 14 goals so far in Serie A, is actually my 19 year old Scottish Wonderkid out on loan at Torino. I am thinking of making him my starting striker next year, but my failing wonderkid, Carlos Saenz who has been doing poorly all season is finally starting to score. He got a double against Sassuolo and now has 9 goals in 23 games. So it is a bit of a conundrum, I just can't figure out who to play in my front line, and the news article is just about right saying so. :D

I hope to get Marek Hamsik at some point, but I don't know if it will ever happen. I might have to look at Lorenzo Insigne as well going by how well he's doing for you! I've noticed Jeronimo Rulli has ended up at Juventus in your game, a top class goalkeeper who will be one of my targets for next season as a possible marquee signing!

In other news, Everton are in real danger of being relegated and I may well end up raiding Goodison Park for their players!

Tim Howard - Much better goalkeeper than what I've got, so if Rulli won't join, Howard may well be my go to keeper.

John Stones - Might be worth a look at!

John Heitinga - May well be 33 years old, but he's still a good defender and better than what I currently have, would play well next to Ginter.

Leighton Baines - A must buy for certain, he's a class left back!

Seamus Coleman - Another must buy, because he's far better than anything I've got.

James McCarthy - He's the sort of player in need to partner Marco Van Ginkel in central midfield.

Ross Barkley - Definitely worth a look at!

Romelu Lukaku - Could he be the answer to my striking problems???

Yes, Stones, Barkley and Lukaku are all World Class players in my game. :D Rulli is also a World Class keeper at Juventus, and I do enjoy putting one past him here and there. :D

Sepe is still Italy's number one keeper in my game, which is kind of surprising as he was average, with potential and out on loan when I first started out (and recalled him to be a backup keeper). He was 22 years old and I signed Juan Pablo Carizzo as my starter, but after injuries to he and Andujar, he ended up playing all season long. He improved dramatically, and after all these years, he is now 29 but still not World Class. Even now he is rated as 2 stars I think and a Leading player for Serie A teams. He always performs rather well and has only made a few major errors in 7 seasons. He has gone on to make 209 appearances for me and only conceded 89 goals. :D

Well I nearly have 2000 subscribers on STEAM so thanks to everyone. I think my tactic is only a fraction of what I think I have really offered here and those are hints and tips to how to run the club successfully, beer binge buying aside and just day to day tasks that compliment the tactic. I hope it has helped at least some people understand how the game works. I don't claim to know everything myself either, so feedback is really good so I know if my ideas work for others or if I have fluked it all! :D

I just am close to clinching Serie A with 7 matches to go and I am still undefeated in all competitions. It looks like my home match against Roma (massive derby here) will be the title decider - so what a great day that would be to win it. I still have Inter away which will probably be my first loss as I have lost there a couple of times and I also have them in the Champions League 1/4 finals. If I get through I could well get Barcelona or Chelsea, which is a fear as both have knocked me out at the semi-final before. Anyway I need to focus on getting past Inter, but I am confident of beating them at home at least.

At the end of the season I am going to sell most of my first team as the club is 180 million in debt and I need to get the wages down. Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gabbiadini, Aboubakar and El Shaarawy will most certainly be sold. I am trying to get 200 million Euros from the sale of these players and free up 90 million a year in wages a season as well.

I won't be buying anyone this year, apart from the Brazilian youngsters I purchased 2-3 seasons ago and are finally turning 18 and thus allowed to move abroad. My new signings will come from my youth team, where I have 30 players out on loan and I will pick the best of the bunch to take the places of the old heads that are going.

On a good note, 21 year old Colombian star, Carlos Saenz who had a bad start at the club is finally firing on all cylinders. I signed him from Bologna last year where he had scored 21 goals in Serie A. He had 31 goals in 59 matches for Bologna and was one of Serie A's best marksman. He has 11 goals in 19 Serie A games this season for me, and 16 goals in 35 goals in all competitions. He has 12 goals in the last 12 matches, which is quite good. :D

Ross Smith has 19 goals in Serie A this season and is the 3rd highest scorer in Serie A. The 18 year old Scotsman, on loan to Torino has impressed me with his performances (I tend to watch all the goals in 3D) and will probably be in the squad next season.

Fernadao, my 18 year old Brazilian striker on loan to Tottenham is also doing very well. He has managed to work his way into the starting lineup in London. He only has 11 goals in all competitions, but he took a while to settle and has been not only scoring, but setting up goals, making spaces for others and setting up a few too. He also has a high average rating and that is pleasing.

Lastly, one player I had on loan is Raffaele Ajazzone. The 19 year old future World Class centre midfielder was signed from Cesena when he was 16 for 5 million Euros and his stats are out of this world. He has an excellent rating in twenty of his key attributes and is a 4 star player already! The only downside is that he can't mark or tackle, so he will be a pure deep lying midfielder and his finishing is only 11. I think he will be the heir to Hamsik. He is playing his trade at Southamption in the EPL and is rating 7.28. Not bad for a teenager in the best league in the World.

I see a good future for the club, but I won't panic if we don't win Serie A or the Champions League next season. It is time to cash in on players that are reaching the end of their careers, despite me being really attached to them. I love players like Aboubakar, and the fans love him too. Same goes with Gabbiadini, but they are both 29 and both command 50+ market value.

My next post might be tomorrow when the cups and Serie A are decided and I may post some pics :)

Well I nearly have 2000 subscribers on STEAM so thanks to everyone. I think my tactic is only a fraction of what I think I have really offered here and those are hints and tips to how to run the club successfully, beer binge buying aside and just day to day tasks that compliment the tactic. I hope it has helped at least some people understand how the game works. I don't claim to know everything myself either, so feedback is really good so I know if my ideas work for others or if I have fluked it all! :D

I just am close to clinching Serie A with 7 matches to go and I am still undefeated in all competitions. It looks like my home match against Roma (massive derby here) will be the title decider - so what a great day that would be to win it. I still have Inter away which will probably be my first loss as I have lost there a couple of times and I also have them in the Champions League 1/4 finals. If I get through I could well get Barcelona or Chelsea, which is a fear as both have knocked me out at the semi-final before. Anyway I need to focus on getting past Inter, but I am confident of beating them at home at least.

At the end of the season I am going to sell most of my first team as the club is 180 million in debt and I need to get the wages down. Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gabbiadini, Aboubakar and El Shaarawy will most certainly be sold. I am trying to get 200 million Euros from the sale of these players and free up 90 million a year in wages a season as well.

I won't be buying anyone this year, apart from the Brazilian youngsters I purchased 2-3 seasons ago and are finally turning 18 and thus allowed to move abroad. My new signings will come from my youth team, where I have 30 players out on loan and I will pick the best of the bunch to take the places of the old heads that are going.

On a good note, 21 year old Colombian star, Carlos Saenz who had a bad start at the club is finally firing on all cylinders. I signed him from Bologna last year where he had scored 21 goals in Serie A. He had 31 goals in 59 matches for Bologna and was one of Serie A's best marksman. He has 11 goals in 19 Serie A games this season for me, and 16 goals in 35 goals in all competitions. He has 12 goals in the last 12 matches, which is quite good. :D

Ross Smith has 19 goals in Serie A this season and is the 3rd highest scorer in Serie A. The 18 year old Scotsman, on loan to Torino has impressed me with his performances (I tend to watch all the goals in 3D) and will probably be in the squad next season.

Fernadao, my 18 year old Brazilian striker on loan to Tottenham is also doing very well. He has managed to work his way into the starting lineup in London. He only has 11 goals in all competitions, but he took a while to settle and has been not only scoring, but setting up goals, making spaces for others and setting up a few too. He also has a high average rating and that is pleasing.

Lastly, one player I had on loan is Raffaele Ajazzone. The 19 year old future World Class centre midfielder was signed from Cesena when he was 16 for 5 million Euros and his stats are out of this world. He has an excellent rating in twenty of his key attributes and is a 4 star player already! The only downside is that he can't mark or tackle, so he will be a pure deep lying midfielder and his finishing is only 11. I think he will be the heir to Hamsik. He is playing his trade at Southamption in the EPL and is rating 7.28. Not bad for a teenager in the best league in the World.

I see a good future for the club, but I won't panic if we don't win Serie A or the Champions League next season. It is time to cash in on players that are reaching the end of their careers, despite me being really attached to them. I love players like Aboubakar, and the fans love him too. Same goes with Gabbiadini, but they are both 29 and both command 50+ market value.

My next post might be tomorrow when the cups and Serie A are decided and I may post some pics :)

That's an amazing amount of subscribers! Well done :)

I think it's probably a good idea to keep away from the transfer market for this season, especially with the financial issues you've mentioned in recent times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Wolves front, we just finished our second season and what a season it has been! We had an appalling Capital One Cup run, losing to West Brom in the 3rd round, but on the FA Cup front we came so close to the dream, but fell at the Semi-Finals against Manchester City, but managing to beat Premier League winners Chelsea in the quarters!

On the Premier League front, we were going from strength to strength and late on it looked like we might even do the impossible by breaking the top 4! Here's how it ended...

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages-2_zpsns5eumvc.png

We lost on the final day of the season to Swansea unfortunately, otherwise we could have finished 5th, a position which we had kept out of the grasp of City's hands for over a month and a half :( However, 6th place is by far, more than I could have ever expected, especially considering some of the players (our defense) that we had in the team.

This tactic is working really well for my Marseille side in the FIFA World League ( http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/430113-FM15-FIFA-World-League-(28-divisions!) ) mod.

I took over a relegated Marseille and there was no way I could keep morale as high as you suggest. But I tried, hehe. Strong signings working well in this tactic were Gabriel Barbosa, Adli Rami, Ntep, Moussa Sissoko (DLP).

A gold star for not using a corner cheat too. I seem to score some thumping headers from my central defenders though which is great!

The biggest problems I have with this tactic is when the opposition team goes mental at the end of games trying to score. I simply have a hard time stopping them. Also my players fatigue during games playing this tactic, but I guess the hard work they put in is one of the reasons it is working well.

All in all, very strong tactic!

I'm really looking forward to my second season in the Premier League! I've managed to improve the squad a lot whilst also making a massive profit in my transfer dealings! Unfortunately this season will see Marco Van Ginkel depart from the club to go onto greater things at Juventus, but the £3.5mil bargain doesn't leave with any hard feelings on either side, especially when we're getting £34mil + bonuses (adding up to £39mil) for him! This has allowed me to fund some very nice transfers and allow me a January transfer budget should we need it :)

On top of that, we've just had good news as the stadium capacity will be increased to 35,382 by the end of the season!

This tactic is working really well for my Marseille side in the FIFA World League ( http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/430113-FM15-FIFA-World-League-(28-divisions!) ) mod.

I took over a relegated Marseille and there was no way I could keep morale as high as you suggest. But I tried, hehe. Strong signings working well in this tactic were Gabriel Barbosa, Adli Rami, Ntep, Moussa Sissoko (DLP).

A gold star for not using a corner cheat too. I seem to score some thumping headers from my central defenders though which is great!

The biggest problems I have with this tactic is when the opposition team goes mental at the end of games trying to score. I simply have a hard time stopping them. Also my players fatigue during games playing this tactic, but I guess the hard work they put in is one of the reasons it is working well.

All in all, very strong tactic!

Hi,

Thanks! Yes I try to not use any cheats. There is no point exploiting game engine to win. When I used to play FM Live, the FM mmo which sadly failed - I was ranked 6th on my server out of about 2000 players and I did so in my first season and I was one of the few that didn't use the 4-6-0 tactic cheat, or the corner exploits where defenders would score 50+ goals a season. :D As stated, I have tried to create a simple tactic that was functional and played realistic football. My centreback Battapaglia scored 10 goals last season (and not all from corners) and this year he has bagged 6 with one a long range thump off a throw in that came his way. It is fun to watch all players getting involved without any tactic exploits - or at least none that I am aware of! :D

Yes late in games you need to adjust accordingly (I mentioned this in posts above) by using shouts or changes in pace. I slow the game down and play contain with waste time, or I use my 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 formations which are more defensive orientated. It is also important to make changes to the midfielders if they are getting tired.

Most of my players have 15+ for stamina and now that a lot of them are ageing, their stamina attributes ares going down to 11-13 and I am having the need to substitute my older players more often which can be frustrating.

I'm really looking forward to my second season in the Premier League! I've managed to improve the squad a lot whilst also making a massive profit in my transfer dealings! Unfortunately this season will see Marco Van Ginkel depart from the club to go onto greater things at Juventus, but the £3.5mil bargain doesn't leave with any hard feelings on either side, especially when we're getting £34mil + bonuses (adding up to £39mil) for him! This has allowed me to fund some very nice transfers and allow me a January transfer budget should we need it :)

On top of that, we've just had good news as the stadium capacity will be increased to 35,382 by the end of the season!

That is exactly what I did over the seasons to make money. Unfortunately not many of my signings have given me much of a profit over the last couple of seasons, mainly because everyone is ageing and I am not inclined to sell the players I am attached to. However I am expecting 200 million Euros from my sales this year and will bring in my loanees to the starting squad.

Good luck everyone.

:)

Sorry for the back to back posts, but I want to update my financial issues with Napoli.

LONG POST COMING

My financial problems are because I had a few too many beers one Friday night, and spent 400+ million Euros on 15 or so players.

My most stupid signings were Balotelli for 3 million, El Shaarawy for 80+ million, 49 million for Aboubakar (I love this guy, but he's 29), 30 million for a 34 year old Messi, 7 million for Divock Origi, 6.5 for James Wilson, 5 million for Liam Moore, 5 million for Josh Brillante (I eventually sold him in January for 6.5), Alessio Donnarumma for 5 million (he's only played 1 game, but he is only 23), 8 million for Tresor Kalala (a 16 year old 5 star youth player - but I think he might not become good) and finally 43 million for Carlos Saenz. (He has scored 18 goals this season). I have nicknamed him Mr Offside - I swear at least 15 goals were offside this season. If he had just stayed onside he would have scored 30+.

Re : Balotelli

This news might come as a shock, but Balotelli threatened me saying that he basically knew a lot of people in high places and if I did not play him more often he would start a mutiny. I got so upset at the comment which I had never seen before and decided to put him into the under 20's as punishment. He then complained about being there, and threatened me again.

He then began complaining to team mates and some players became upset and actually backed me saying "Does not believe Balotelli should be in the first team".

I got fed up and tried to mutually terminate his contract, which was not so bad and quite lucky seeing he only had a 1 year deal after he recently had signed a new contract because I wanted to remove some of his match bonuses. :D

So he complained about me trying to terminate his contract and I told him the reason behind it was because the club have financial problems and I cannot pay his wages anymore or something to that note.

He agreed to the termination after saying that if the club needed it so badly, then that would affect his decision. He agreed to a 5.8 million Euro termination, and amazingly the board did not complain! :D :D :D I guess it was better to spend nearly 6 to terminate than pay 10 million to see it out.

On a high note, I have made some GREAT signings.

Agustine Allione, 26 year old Argentine was player of the year in his League for Boca Juniors, one of my feeder clubs. I paid only 6.5 million for him and while he has not played many games - he scored 7 goals and 6 assists in 17 games. He is now rated as "world class player" and is valued at 30+ million Euros. He scored a double last match, and it's his 5th goal in the last 5 games. He is super quick, has great technical attributes, and most of his mentals are 13-14, with super high flair and off the ball. I might actually make him a starter next year - he always performs well.

I also spent 11 million on a newgen called Wilco Hol, a dutch teenager and 11 million euro also on a Brazilian called Fernandao.

They both had good attributes, but nothing superb, though both are wonderkids. I loaned BOTH of them to the English Premier League. Wilco went to Cardiff and Fernandao to Tottenham. Wilco has scored 15 goals and 13 assists and Fernandao has grabbed 12 goals and 6 assists. Wilco has been awarded the EPL young player of the year and now has a "World class player" tag and his attributes have improved slightly. Fernandaos attributes on the other hand have sky rocketed. Nearly every attribute has hit 15+ and he too is now a "World class player". Wilco is now worth 27 million and Fernandao is worth 14.25 million Euros. So I can see a big future for them, and either profit for me or 2 great future first team players! :D

Ludek Lucas, my Czech Republic centre defender is now worth 18,25 million, which is wonderful seeing I paid 7 for him. He has also played only 7 games, but all of them rated 7.2 and higher.

So the future looks bright for my club. I think I will get out of debt during the off-season and I will rejuvenate my squad quite easily. While we won't be as strong as this season, I think I will mount another Serie A season challenge.

Juventus has so far only lost 4 matches this year and I remain undefeated with one more game to go.

On a good note, I smashed Chelsea 4-0 in the Champions League at Naples after I had a 2-2 draw in London. I had also beaten Inter in the quarter final, also 4-0 at Naples after a 2-1 win in Milan. So I am doing well in the CL! :D

I will be posting pictures of the club final position, and results of my cup finals. As stated, I am in the Champions League final vs German club Schalke who finished 2nd in the Bundesliga, 5 points behind Bayern Munich. They did win the Bundesliga a few seasons back and are quite a good side. They have a number of good players throughout the spine of the club and some of them are on my wish list for next year - if finances allow. :p :o

Wish me luck! :D :D

Serie A is over - Undefeated...again!

144ct9s.jpg

What a way to finish the season with a 7-0 drubbing of sister club and derby rivals Juve Stabia. Cristiano Ronaldo, possibly his last match at the San Paolo came on and scored a hattrick after coming on as a second half substitute. Messi also scored a double and he will certainly leave the club at the end of the season.

Here is the final Serie A table! Solid proof that this tactic works! :D

I guess that while my team is solidly built and I have some old but legendary players, my main rivals Inter and Juventus are also very inconsistent which also allows me to win the League quite easily each season. I sometimes do not understand how such squads, which I find very difficult to beat sometimes, especially Juventus seem to lose matches against smaller clubs - basically gifting me the title irrelevant if I am a powerhouse that has gone undefeated the second time in the last 7 years. Next year I will sell most of my current squad and use all my loaned out youngsters. This will probably give me a far greater challenge and people will no longer message me and say this tactic only works because I have Messi and Ronaldo and that any tactic would win with them. People also don't realise that it's only 1 season that I have messi and Ronaldo's 3rd season and I had won lots of cups, titles and a world cup without them. :D :D

11a9w7c.jpg

My next post will show the last two matches of the season. TIM Cup final vs Inter and then the Champions League Final against Schalke. Finally I will post a pic of all the player season statistics.

So far I have 19 individual scorers and 10 of those players have scored double digits (10 goals or more). Quite an amazing season and shows that smart rotation keeps everyone fit, happy and above all keeps performances consistent because all players are in optimal shape. :)

Once again wish me luck. :p:D

This is an important post about an award my club has received.

I have won the Serie A Fair Play Award. :D

People say that this tactic is too rough and results in many yellow and red cards.

I honestly don't see many cards, even though I have had 2 red cards this year. One to Pogba and the other to Aurier.

2015_08_06_00003.jpg

Serie A Fair Play Award

Another exciting news article from the media is the latest Italy squad. Two of my loaned out players have been picked for Italy.

23 year old Gennaro Tuttino and 19 year old Raffaele Ajazzone. Ajazzone has some really amazing stats and he has a big future. Only issue is that he only has 11 finishing. Wilco Hol is also set to make his debut for the Netherlands.

15s4fnb.jpg

5d5myh.jpg

2isd281.jpg

35atd79.jpg

292p7di.jpg

I think after this season I may start a "story" thread, because I do find it quite enjoyable sharing my experiences on this forum with this great community. :)

:D :D :DTIM CUP FINAL:D :D :D

Nothing much needs to be said, the pics say a thousand words. (Which for me is a good thing! lol :D )

r01g6d.jpg

2cpcn7l.jpg

Financially it hurts with 2 million euros of bonuses paid out. 1.2 million went to Messi alone. :o

:D :D :DCHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL:D :D :D

Once again nothing much needs to be said, the pics say a thousand words!

I won every trophy available using this tactic and this year I have not lost a single game in all competitions, only drawing a handful of games.

Mind boggling really. I read a news report a few months back that I had done well with the players at my disposal.

I honestly feel that with this tactic, if you have fast players with high stamina and work rate with at least 15 passing you will probably go really well. Especially if you have defenders with good heading, strength and anticipation. I think you could easily build a bargain squad with just these stats and you would do amazingly well. My best player over the 8 seasons has been Insigne - even though he isn't world class. I think he only has 10 finishing, yet he has scored 109 Serie A goals and probably 150 in all competitions during the last 7 or 8 seasons.

Another overachiever is Koulibaly. With only 11 marking, 11 positioning and 10 concentration you would expect him to not do well, but he has been a revelation. :D

m97l1x.jpg

eponyc.jpg

Below are all my players season stats. As you can see everyone gets play time (mostly) and the squad rotates a lot.

I had 18 different scorers, with 10 players in double digets. 2 players broke the 20 goal mark.

Basically any one in my team can score, from any position - a testament to my players and of course the tactic. :D :D :D

2v3hls2.jpg

I think I will move my future dealings with the club to a new thread, in the story forums.

I will still answer questions here obviously.

When that new thread is made, I will post the link here.

:)

Maybe if I contact a moderator, they can grab this thread and then duplicate it, rename it and then I can use it as the basis of my story. I just have no idea if it is possible and I will try to get a hold of a moderator to help me.

Will keep everyone posted. :)

I have contacted SI to see if a moderator can take the bulk of this thread and copy it over to the story forums, so hopefully we can continue our "game stories" using this tactic. :D:p

The main tactic stuff will just remain here.

Meanwhile,

My England team has gone into the Nations League Division A final.

We beat Spain 2-0 away - and we totally dominated despite the match statistics showing otherwise. We defended well and had most of the clear cut chances. Spain hardly threatened with weak shots or others blazed over the top. Spain had most of the possession, which was expected since they are the masters of the game I am trying to teach. It hasn't been easy to teach English players a slow paced possession game but after a few shakey losses and draws I am proud of the lads.

I am also proud of the 29 year old Jack Wilshere whom I selected for the first team. He has had a string of horror injuries so his physical stats aren't good, but he has good dribbling and fantastic mental stats. He left Arsenal on a free and Brentford picked him up. What's amazing is that Brentford are in the Championship, so I am proud he has quickly become accustomed to the jump in quality. He is only worth a couple of million Euros and has low wages, so I am thinking of buying him for my Napoli squad.

2e5krih.jpg

:o :o :o****Project "Get Out of Debt"****:o :o :o

Napoli currently has a 140 million Euro Debt and it is time to sell some key players and fill up the coffers.

Current Club Financial Status "Okay" and the goal is to get it back to "secure".

Players listed for sale (Purchase details and club career stats shown)

Serge Aurier (11 million / season wage) signed from Man City for 35 million Euros (24 games 0 goals, 3 Assists)

Divock Origi (13 million / season wage) signed from Barcelona for 6.5 million Euros (15 games 1 goal, 1 assist)

Donnarumma (2 million / season wage )signed from Atalanta for 4.5 million Euros (4 games 0 goals 0 assists)

Cristiano Ronaldo (30 million / season wage) signed from Real Madrid for 15 million Euros (134 games 99 goals, 50 assists)

El Shaarawy (13 million / season wage) signed from Stoke for 80 million Euros (33 games 12 goals, 8 assists)

James Wilson (2 million / season wage) signed from Arsenal for 6.25 million (4 games 0 goals 0 assists)

Lionel Messi (28 million / season wage) signed from Barcelona for 30 million Euros (45 games, 22 goals 27 assists)

Vincent Aboubaker (9 million / season wage) signed from Chelsea for 49 million Euros (99 games 40 goals 16 assists)

Liam Moore (2 million / season wage) signed from Man City for 4.9 million Euros (3 games 0 goals 0 assists)

Total "invested" : 231.15 million Euros.

Total Wage : 110 million Euros per season.

I am not expecting to make a profit here at all, but I want to reduce the wage bill and make at least 190-210 million euros.

If I sell each player for their value and clear up the wages they have, it will basically be a 350 million swing from debt to being financially sound.

I will post when all of those players will be sold, and they WILL be sold. The fans won't be happy because Ronaldo, Aboubakar and Messi are club icons but the money I will make will create new icons. :D :D

While it isn't a huge reputable cup, we did well to win it. Jack Wilshere has revived his career after eons of injuries and despite being only a Championship player, he is a champion and a winner! :)

As always I used the "wonder" tactic for this match. I played contain for the final 15 minutes, and did not revert to my 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 backup tactics.

oaaih5.jpg

:DA tiny update - sort of. :D

I haven't signed anyone yet, but I have sold 8 key players, of which 5 could be considered starters in last seasons first team. I will post the sales of these players - which will surprise many - when the transfer deadline is up. All I can say is that my club is officially out of debt and I have 100 million Euro a season free in my wage budget, meaning I could easily sign 5 World Class players if I want to. However I will be either eying bargains or primarily focusing on promoting players from my U20 and U18 squads. In actual effect, nine (9) youth players are now in the preliminary squad of about 26 players - and I will need to drop 3 or 4 of them by the end of pre-season. Amazingly checking through the squad and my U20 and U18's, I have 7 Wonderkids! :D

The average age of my squad has also dramatically dropped from 28 to 24 and I only have a handful of players over 30. Only one player is over 31, which is Hamsik. He is about to turn 34 years of age, but is still a fantastic player. Thankfully in my tactic the DLP doesn't have to run much or be quick - so if Hamsik wan't to play until he is 40, as long as his passing, first touch and technique remain around 14-15 I don't see why I would need to replace him. The day he retires, in game and in real life will be a sad moment for all Napoli fans.

Here is how Hamsik is looking.

2dum4ur.jpg

I am trying to also loan out 19 players, each for 250k per month loan fees. If I can loan out everyone with that fee, I will make about 45 to 50 million Euros by the end of this season. Loaning out these young players is great because they get first team football, they usually play in Serie A and B so they learn the language and culture and they improve their current ability levels and reputations. The loan fees also usually pay off the price I paid to buy most of these players after 2 or 3 seasons. :D

There is only one guy I am trying to sign, someone who used to torment people in Serie A for Palermo and Roma before he left for Chelsea. His name is Dybala and I am sure many of you may know him. He has scored 90 goals in 237 Serie A matches. The strike rate - roughly estimated about 0.4 off the top of my head is quite good, especially when he has played many games out wide. He reminds me a little of Cavani before he went to Napoli (in real life). Chelsea signed him from Roma for roughly 28 million Euro and he has played 31 matches in two seasons in all competitions scoring 16 goals. Chelsea have such an awesome squad that he has been hardly used in two seasons, especially in league matches. It is funny though, considering Chelsea has won nothing and finished 5th in the Premier League last season. I have no idea how Mourinho still has a job there - crazy stuff.

Anyway here is a pic of Dybala. He won't be cheap despite being unsettled (partly thanks to me) and I had to settle for a 23 million Euro offer. I think it's a bargain despite it seeming like a solid amount of cash to outlay.

vep27s.jpg

As stated previously, this thread/post will become my FM career game story.

I know I am posting a hell of a lot of info, but I am extremely bored and feeling a bit depressed (well very depressed) due to my illness and all the damn pain I feel. Posting regularly and just playing FM and posting up pics and sort of talking to myself by typing here, is in a way some sort of mental counseling. :) Even if no one is reading or people think this is information overload, with walls of texts - I don't really care and will just keep going. As long as it keeps me having fun and interested in the game, it is completely worth it! :D :D

I just want to quickly show a picture of one of my youth players. Ante Coric, who is a very decent prospect and 24 years of age. I signed him 6 seasons ago, as a promising 17 - so to be 18 year old. He played 6 matches at the end of the season back in 2015 due to injuries to Insigne and Hulk. He did well and I decided to keep him on, but sent him out on loan. As you can see I got him on a free transfer but sending him out on loan has made me a decent amount. I have profited nearly 17 million Euros from just loaning him out and he is only worth 4.3 million. I don't see him as being part of my first team, I think mainly because he goes missing in big games and is pretty inconsistent. He has also missed 13 months of football over the last 5 years due to numerous injuries, mainly to his knee and hamstring. As you can see he rarely plays well while out on loan, and I have a number of players in the same boat as Coric. I just keep loaning them out to make a profit - and that is why I "farm" about 25 players and loan them out each year until they are too old or until they complain about going out on loan again - feeling that they are "too good to be loaned out".

I just wanted to show what I do here, and I am pretty sure that a lot of players don't take advantage of something that even real life clubs too. Milan in real life have loads of players out on loan, for the exact same reason - profit and development.

Another way to make money is to play all pre-season games at home and try to get as many high profile clubs to play you. If you are a weak club, the money is worth it but the down side is that you might lose and morale will drop. So just before the season starts, play 2-3 friendlies against really weak teams that you are certain to thrash. A couple of 5-0 + victories and you will get morale up to superb again. The same thing can be done during the season if morale is low. It's a bit of a cheat I guess...but not really. :D

I hope this post helps! :)

2ihpj5z.jpg

DONE DEAL

23 Million Euro Signing from Chelsea

I really hope he settles in and becomes that frightening striker he was for Roma. I guess he joins the long line of strikers that have failed at Chelsea over the last couple of decades. Last season I signed Aboubakar from Chelsea in a similar manner, but sadly Aboubakar just wasn't the same player when he got back - he just wasn't the striker that I had sold previously. I hope Dybala won't end up the same way. I think players with low strength and bravery just don't do well in the EPL, but they do better in more technical leagues like Spain and Italy.

dcuff9.jpg

Second signing

I will let the pictures do most of the talking. :o Victor Ibanez will cerainly be going on loan for this season to help him develop. He has scored 20 goals in all competitions in each of the last two seasons (40 goals) and last year he won the young player of the year award in La Liga. He is on low wages, and he is a 3.5 star player which is already quite good compared to others in the squad. If some of my wonderkids do not work out, next season I will probably bring Ibanez in.

ofy0wm.jpg

2rqnj95.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
After that I was fired and went to Bayern Munich, won everything in 2 seasons! So probably is a tactic for world class teams/players ;)

Still looking for a smaller team to test it again

It works for small teams as well, as long as you give it time and build a team around the tactic.

• 1 month later...
I got sacked using this tactic with Liverpool on FM16 beta, albeit on a holiday game. Not saying it is the tactics though, but I loved this tactic so much on FM15 and now I am worried it is not gonna work the same on FM16. More testing needed for me.

I won the Championship with Leeds in FM16 beta using this. Currently 14th in the Premier Legue after 12 games.

I loved this tactic in FM15 and while it still works for me in FM16 it doesn't seem as great as it was. Maybe though once I get some good players for my Leeds team It may still be as successful as it was on FM15.

I got sacked using this tactic with Liverpool on FM16 beta, albeit on a holiday game. Not saying it is the tactics though, but I loved this tactic so much on FM15 and now I am worried it is not gonna work the same on FM16. More testing needed for me.

You can't test a tactic by going on holiday haha!

I just started a Reading save on the FM16 Beta. I haven't finished the first match yet but I am 3-0 up after 8 (!) minutes against Birmingham away. Blimey!

Edit: And 6-0 up after 35 mins! I won that game 7-1 so can't wait to see the rest of what this tactic can do!

Archived