[FM15] The Hart Chronicles - Volume I: Paul Hart's Alphabet Career

PaulHartman71

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February

b922fc08a26b2cfb9245abce18b326c0.png

A highly dramatic couple of matches with my old side. We were 1-0 down at Old Trafford - so I was over the moon with our two late away goals that put us 2-1 up and in an incredible position. What happened next - not so much. We conceded a penalty almost straight after scoring which put it back to 2-2. In absolutely incredible scenes the home side then snatched a last gasp winner - an absolutely sickening way to lose out.

I was really worried going into the home leg even with 2 away goals, as the previous game had been full of goals and United were a real hand-full. Thankfully we managed to keep them quiet, with Paul Diallo's 7th minute strike putting us through.

c8afa9ba034cba141b3038a188dcd03c.png

A mixed month. We lost for the time in absolutely ages, with Bayern putting 4 past us in what was a really shocking performance at their place. We followed that up with a goalless draw at Schalke - and for a moment I thought our title bid was going to come crumbling down. Luckily we bounced back to put 6 past someone for the 2nd time of the month - with Darmstadt falling victim, much like RB Leipzig did at the start of the month.

26980445d8499a9341c3d276e28aaca1.png

Despite losing to Bayern we still lead them by 12 points with 11 games to go. Let's hope we can retain the title and get that goal scoring record!

March

7ae33de634e7caed9fe6dfb63501f9da.png

The month started off poorly with an out of character defeat to Frankfurt, but we got back on track with an incredible 5-0 victory over Dortmund, which saw Talajic score all 5. We also beat Koln and Paderborn to round off the month positively.

2017c8f93d6001bdb9cfb7ef50e2d08a.png

We're now 9 points ahead of Bayern with just 7 games to go.

April

f317fcb3b5bd57e9efda76206fb86902.png

Yeah this didn't go well :D Not sure what it is about Bayern that means they sometimes can randomly thump us when they fancy it. What makes it worse is that they had 10 men for 70 minutes ffs!

1a074f5acd2d5d7e2500ec3490b8d9a8.png

We slipped up at Hoffenheim, but apart from that a decent month - not many goals by our standards, though we weren't helped by Talajic being injured all month.

3db244517416b42bd8df3701f3451ec0.png

The win against Mainz was significant though as it confirmed us as having retained the Bundesliga with 3 games to spare. Impressive stuff.

184ef0696a258b3ecd42f9e996ecf1ab.png

We didn't look very impressive at all in Spain, with Sevilla winning without too much trouble and having not scored any away goals I was quite worried going into the home leg. We scored in the 1st minute and I thought we might go on to win big - but it seemed there wasn't too many more goals left in the match and it went to extra-time. Unbeknownst to me there certainly was plenty more goals left in the game - as Sevilla had a defender sent off in what was more or less the last kick of normal time, which meant they went into the extra 30 with 1 less man. This was bad news for them as we grabbed 3 goals in extra-time to make it 4-0 on the night which must've been quite embarrassing for them. Great for us though as it put us into the Semi Final.

May

78450a5301ed8d5ef38e4e367e8d452d.png

A decent enough end to the season considering these were ultimately meaningless matches. A bit annoying to lose to Freiburg on the last day though, especially since they ended up relegated.

c838cbef47286323704d7acba26b1475.png

We ended up 10 points ahead of Bayern, but we missed out on leveling their goals scored record by just 2 goals in the end :(

b5d9d62acae20df40a72eb387a3d39d6.png

We won the first game 2-1 in Montpellier and I was really pleased, with 2 away goals I thought we were in a great position and could very well go through. Montpellier were resilient though and got two away goals of their own in the 2nd leg - unfortunately we just couldn't score, we had late chances to take it to extra-time but we just couldn't take them. The Champions League eludes me at Wolfsburg once more...

It's the end of the season which means it's betting time once again!

BET-PH71:

Rules:

• Every poster starts this thread with £10 to spend on BET-PH71.
  • You can only make one bet in each round.
  • You can use this money to bet on each different BET-PH71 when I move to a new club.
  • You can bet as much or as little as you like on each one.
  • If you select the winning club then you get the profit/winnings added to your overall total.
  • Once you go bust that's it - you're out!

BET-PH71:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Username       Bets Made      Bets Won     Bets Lost     Balance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Koetzer           10              9            1        £264.00
SounessTash       11              6            5        £100.00
Wavelberry        12              5            7         £59.00
deltablue         11              7            4         £50.00
glennuk            4              2            2         £43.00
jim owen           6              3            3         £38.00
Dev'o              1              1            0         £34.00
DB08               6              3            3         £32.00
Lenzar             4              1            3         £20.00
ExeChris          13              5            8         £17.00
DodgeeD            9              3            6         £15.00
tastaiwan          4              2            2         £14.00
andychar          10              5            5         £13.00
sherwinriga        8              3            5         £12.00
Orikoru            6              3            3         £11.00
Sven.              2              1            1          £8.00
GDH38              1              0            1          £8.00
MDH2001            1              0            1          £8.00
ManUTactician247   2              0            2          £7.00
apchivers         16              6           10          £5.00
Bitner             7              1            6          £5.00
Cougar2010         3              0            3          £5.00
grindline          1              0            1          £5.00
Hairyflump         1              0            1          £5.00
Maaka              4              1            3          £4.00
RobAlridge4810     1              0            1          £1.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LeedsUnitedFan2   15              2           13        £656.00 (BANKRUPT)
Nobby_McDonald     4              1            3        £100.01 (BANKRUPT) 
nie jem frytek     9              4            5         £46.00 (BANKRUPT)
Maw74             14              5            9          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
BONGOinCONGO       1              0            1          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
Mr Adam            1              0            1          £0.00 (BANKRUPT) 
RSJ                1              0            1          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
Northernpilgrim    2              2            0          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
dllu               2              0            2          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
nomorezen          2              0            2          £0.00 (BANKRUPT) 
Kalemlyco          7              0            7          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)

Xanthi - 3/1

Still at Wolfsburg - 3/1

I'm not sure my total is right, dont think my losing bet from last time has come off. On phone so cant check back right now easily.

Anyway i'll go all in with whatever i have on Xanthi.

Yeah my bad. You're on £100 now so I can take your bet as £100 if you like?

Congratulations to goktugerce and ExeChris who both correctly guessed I would still be at Wolfsburg!

goktugerce got off to a winning start, whilst SounessTash crashed and burned massively after impressing in recent rounds.

BET-PH71:

Rules:

• Every poster starts this thread with £10 to spend on BET-PH71.
  • You can only make one bet in each round.
  • You can use this money to bet on each different BET-PH71 when I move to a new club.
  • You can bet as much or as little as you like on each one.
  • If you select the winning club then you get the profit/winnings added to your overall total.
  • Once you go bust that's it - you're out!

BET-PH71:

Username       Bets Made      Bets Won     Bets Lost     Balance
Koetzer           10              9            1        £264.00
deltablue         11              7            4         £50.00
Wavelberry        13              5            8         £47.00
glennuk            4              2            2         £43.00
jim owen           6              3            3         £38.00
goktugerce         1              1            0         £35.00
Dev'o              1              1            0         £34.00
DB08               6              3            3         £32.00
ExeChris          14              6            8         £26.00
Lenzar             4              1            3         £20.00
tastaiwan          4              2            2         £14.00
andychar          10              5            5         £13.00
Orikoru            6              3            3         £11.00
sherwinriga        9              3            6         £10.00
Sven.              2              1            1          £8.00
GDH38              1              0            1          £8.00
MDH2001            1              0            1          £8.00
ManUTactician247   2              0            2          £7.00
DodgeeD           10              3            7          £5.00
apchivers         16              6           10          £5.00
Bitner             7              1            6          £5.00
Cougar2010         3              0            3          £5.00
grindline          1              0            1          £5.00
Hairyflump         1              0            1          £5.00
Maaka              4              1            3          £4.00
RobAlridge4810     1              0            1          £1.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LeedsUnitedFan2   15              2           13        £656.00 (BANKRUPT)
Nobby_McDonald     4              1            3        £100.01 (BANKRUPT) 
nie jem frytek     9              4            5         £46.00 (BANKRUPT)
SounessTash       12              6            6          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
Maw74             14              5            9          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
BONGOinCONGO       1              0            1          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
Mr Adam            1              0            1          £0.00 (BANKRUPT) 
RSJ                1              0            1          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
Northernpilgrim    2              2            0          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
dllu               2              0            2          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
nomorezen          2              0            2          £0.00 (BANKRUPT) 
Kalemlyco          7              0            7          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)

Just like last year I stayed at Wolfsburg this summer not out of choice, but due to the Xanthi job just not being available. I seem to have stumbled on 'X' at a bad time as Xanthi's new manager seems to have ushered in a golden age at the club, especially since they just won the Greek Premier League with a 17 point gap ffs :D :D

Season 43 (W)olfsburg

Champions League (Lost in Semi Final to Montpellier)

864a55554bfd885546f04fc38134e204.png

We dominated the Bundesliga a lot more than we did last season and of course retained it, but in terms of trophies it is definitely not as good as last year since we missed out on the German Cup. I was annoyed we lost to Bayern and in the way we did - but they always seem to have a smashing of us in them for some reason. I was pleased with the Champions League run - although obviously very frustrating to not make the final again. The one silver lining of another year will be another crack at the Champions League. I was pleased to win the German Super Cup of course, but it's not a trophy I live for.

Squad pt 1,pt 2

GK - Miguel Garcia was a new signing this year and the Argentine adapted to European football with ease. A good season from the keeper that helped us on our way to another title.

DR - Kai Reese was shifted out to full back this season since he lost his place in the middle. He did well and generally got the nod over the younger Marc Yannick Broker, who still played occasionally.

DL - Ahmet Guler was another new signing and the 25 year old German was a fantastic addition to the squad and our defence.

DC - Viktor Budai got a new partner in the Sam Lawrence, with the 30 year old Englishman striking up quite the partnership with Budai - Lawrence lead the line but Budai still put in a pretty solid season.

DM - Julian Clement was absolutely excellent yet again at DM and he truly is one of our best players.

MC - Nozomo Matsuura was a new signing and he had big shoes to fill in the departing Vincenzo Vardel. He wasn't quite as impressive as his predecessor was last season, but he still did well in CM and was a good player to have in the team.

AMR - Wolf Bruneel wasn't cheap at £42M, but I don't think anyone could accuse us of overpaying for the lad. The 26 year old Belgian had a fantastic season with 26 assists and 15 goals in 34 games - he did miss a few through injury, but he wasn't hugely injury prone.

AML - Lucas Fabozzi had another decent season at LW, with 6 assists and 11 goals. I think this summer he will go though - he's 32 now and seems to want to leave Germany, so a leave will probably be the best move for all parties.

CAM - Paul Diallo cost a lot at £36M for a 30 year old - but I have no regrets in paying that as he's a fine player. He's a real dominant CAM and whilst he may only be at the top level for another year or two - whilst he's still at this level he is sometimes unplayable.

ST - Ivan Talajic somehow found a way to top last season. He stayed fit for more of the season and ended it this time with 40 goals and 21 assists in 43 games - he's the best striker I've ever managed that isn't called Paterne Kabongo. I'm really hoping we can hang onto him next season and get even more out of him.

History

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                Division          Position      Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Arsenal             Premier League    2nd           League Cup winners 
2015/16    Arsenal             Premier League    1st           Premier League winners
2016/17    Borussia Dortmund   Bundesliga        3rd           German Cup & Europa League winners
2017/18    Borussia Dortmund   Bundesliga        2nd           Euro Super Cup & German Super Cup winners
2017       Cameroon            N/A               N/A           Confederations Cup runners up 
2018       Cameroon            N/A               N/A           N/A
2019       Cameroon            N/A               N/A           African Cup of Nations winners 
2018/19    Dinamo Moscow       Russian PL        2nd           Russian Cup winners
2019/20    Everton             Premier League    2nd           N/A
2020/21    Everton             Premier League    7th           League Cup winners & Champions League runners up
2020       France              N/A               N/A           N/A
2021       France              N/A               N/A           European Nations League winner
2022       France              N/A               N/A           World Cup winner
2021/22    Getafe              La Liga           5th           Qualified for Europa League
2022/23    Getafe              La Liga           9th           Europa League semi finalists 
2022       Holland             N/A               N/A           N/A
2023       Holland             N/A               N/A           N/A
2024       Holland             N/A               N/A           European Championship runners up
2023/24    Ipswich Town        Championship      1st           Promoted as Champions  
2024/25    Ipswich Town        Premier League    13th          N/A
2025/26    Ipswich Town        Premier League    4th           N/A
2026/27    Ipswich Town        Premier League    4th           N/A
2027/28    Ipswich Town        Premier League    1st           Premier League & FA Cup winners
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2028/29    Juventus            Serie A           1st           Serie A, Italian Cup & Super Cup winners 
2029/30    Juventus            Serie A           1st           Serie A, Champions League, Italian Cup & Super Cup winners
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030/31    Kuban               Russian PL        6th           Qualified for Europa League
2031/32    Kuban               Russian PL        7th           Left in November
2031/32    Liverpool           Premier League    6th           Joined in November. FA Cup winners.
2032/33    Liverpool           Premier League    2nd           Europa League & Community Shield winners
2033/34    Man United          Premier League    1st           Premier League, League Cup & Community Shield winners
2034/35    NAC Breda           Eredivisie        3rd           Qualified for Europa League
2035/36    NAC Breda           Eredivisie        7th           Left in December
2035/36    Olympiakos          Greek SL          3rd           Joined in December. Greek Cup winners & Qualified for CL.
2036/37    Porto               Portuguese PL     1st           Portuguese PL & League Cup
2037/38    Porto               Portuguese PL     1st           Portuguese PL, FA Cup & Super Cup
2038/39    Porto               Portuguese PL     4th           Super Cup winners. Left in April. 
2038/39    Q.P.R.              Premier League    19th          Relegated
2039/40    Q.P.R.              Championship      2nd           Promoted 
2040/41    Rangers             Scottish PL       3rd           Scottish Cup & League Cup winners
2041/42    Rangers             Scottish PL       1st           Scottish PL winners 
2040       Spain               N/A               N/A           N/A 
2041       Spain               N/A               N/A           N/A
2042       Spain               N/A               N/A           World Cup quarter finalists. Sacked. 
2042/43    Toulouse            Ligue 1           4th           Qualified for Champions League
2043/44    Toulouse            Ligue 1           5th           Europa League semi finalists 
2044/45    Toulouse            Ligue 1           3rd           Europa League winners
2045/46    Toulouse            Ligue 1           3rd           Champions League & European Super Cup winners
2046/47    Toulouse            Ligue 1           3rd           World Club Cup, European Super Cup and Coupe de la Ligue winners
2047/48    Toulouse            Ligue 1           1st           Ligue 1 & Coupe de la Ligue winners
2042       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           N/A
2043       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           Gold Cup runners up
2044       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           N/A 
2045       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           Gold Cup winners
2046       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           World Cup Group Stage
2043       U.S.A. Under 23s    N/A               N/A           Copa America Group Stage
2044       U.S.A. Under 23s    N/A               N/A           Olympic Games runners-up
2048/49    Villarreal          La Liga           6th           Spanish Cup runners-up
2049/50    Villarreal          La Liga           3rd           Europa League winners
2050/51    Villarreal          La Liga           3rd           Spanish Cup runners up
2051/52    Villarreal          La Liga           3rd           Spanish Super Cup winners
2052/53    Villarreal          La Liga           1st           La Liga winners
2053/54    Villarreal          La Liga           2nd           Spanish Cup winners
2054/55    Wolfsburg           Bundesliga        2nd           German Super Cup winners
2055/56    Wolfsburg           Bundesliga        1st           Bundesliga & German Cup winners
2056/57    Wolfsburg           Bundesliga        1st           Bundesliga & German Super Cup winners

Trophy Cabinet

World Cup                  x1 - 2022 (France)
Olympic Games Silver Medal x1 - 2044 (U.S.A. Under 23's)
African Cup of Nations     x1 - 2019 (Cameroon)
North American Gold Cup    x1 - 2045 (U.S.A.)
European Nations League    x1 - 2021 (France)

Champions League    x2 - 2029/30 (Juventus), 2045/46 (Toulouse)
Europa League       x4 - 2016/17 (Borussia Dortmund), 2032/33 (Liverpool), 2044/45 (Toulouse), 2049/50 (Villarreal)
European Super Cup  x3 - 2017/18 (Borussia Dortmund), 2045/46, 2046/47 (Toulouse) 
World Club Cup      x1 - 2046/47 (Toulouse)

Premier League    x3 - 2015/16 (Arsenal), 2027/28 (Ipswich), 2033/34 (Man United)
FA Cup            x2 - 2027/28 (Ipswich), 2031/32 (Liverpool) 
League Cup        x3 - 2014/15 (Arsenal), 2020/21 (Everton), 2033/34 (Man United)
Community Shield  x2 - 2032/33 (Liverpool), 2033/34 (Man United)   
Championship      x1 - 2023/24 (Ipswich) 

La Liga            x1 - 2052/53 (Villarreal) 
Spanish Cup        x1 - 2053/54 (Villarreal)
Spanish Super Cup  x1 - 2051/52 (Villarreal)

Ligue 1           x1 - 2047/48 (Toulouse)
Coupe de la Ligue x2 - 2046/47, 2047/48 (Toulouse)

Bundesliga        x2 - 2055/56, 2056/57 (Wolfsburg)
German Cup        x2 - 2016/17 (Borussia Dortmund), 2055/56 (Wolfsburg)
German Super Cup  x3 - 2017/18 (Borussia Dortmund), 2054/55, 2056/57 (Wolfsburg) 

Greek Cup   x1 - 2035/36 (Olympiakos)

Serie A           x2 - 2028/29, 2029/30 (Juventus)
Italian Cup       x2 - 2028/29, 2029/30 (Juventus)
Italian Super Cup x2 - 2028/29, 2029/30 (Juventus) 

Portuguese PL          x2 - 2036/37, 2037/38 (Porto)
Portuguese Cup         x1 - 2037/38 (Porto)
Portuguese League Cup  x1 - 3036/37 (Porto)
Portuguese Super Cup   x2 - 2037/38 (Porto), 2038/39 (Porto)

Russian Cup x1 - 2018/19 (Dinamo Moscow)

Scottish PL         x1 - 2041/42 (Rangers)
Scottish Cup        x1 - 2040/41 (Rangers)
Scottish League Cup x1 - 2040/41 (Rangers)

Kabongo-Watch

Kabongo sadly went all season without getting a new job. He doesn't appear to have got one in the summer either - he's still trying though, as I offered him a coaching role again but he turned it down stating he wants his next role to be a manager. You can't knock the guy's persistence!

Summer Transfers

59ad228c5939ea6424fd1f3ba874f526.png

There were no real high profile departures, with just Fabozzi the LW starter leaving for Marseille. We also lost backup RB - Rainer GroB, to Bayern, and backup GK, Guilluame Bresson to Paris.

7e31601cbee4c4054fdd0c05e6c4431a.png

We spent some money this summer. Maurice Gutzeit is a 27 year old LW/ST who I actually sold 3 years ago for £40M to Krasnodar. For some reason they wanted rid of him so I was more than happy to take the guy back, especially just for £25M. I also signed another LW in 23 year old Brazilian, Vinicius. A back-up CAM/MC was also signed in 23 year old Spanish lad - Matias Gonzalez. I also signed another LW in 27 year old Colombian, Andres Huerta - I didn't really intend to sign this many left sided midfielders tbf, I just got drunk and forgot I'd signed Vinicius. I signed a new backup LB in Hugo Pereira and a new backup GK in Dirk HoBmang.

Kabongo's managerial career is going exactly the way I reckon Tim Sherwood's will with the level of delusion that he can still make it similar as well.

It would be pretty hilarious if Kabongo took over a League 1/2 side and suddenly turned them into a Premier League team or something. I don't think it will happen though :D

July

c6bbc9a23a5257440c6c4ca39676262c.png

A pretty disappointing game and not the best start to the season with a defeat to Bayern. We went ahead early but they came back and went 3-1 up. Bloemen's 84th minute strike put us back in it, but we didn't have enough for Bayern in the end. I'm not hugely upset to lose out on the Super Cup but it's never nice to lose - we did deserve to lose on the day though.

August

fc0791e2cf8c4e517a3b5f7f621830c3.png

A great start to the German Cup. We made it rain on Rain :brock: :brock:

3c47d2905a2d6e8552b82b7e68318d27.png

For the 2nd time in a row we were given Bayern Munich at home on the first day of the season. Thankfully for the 2nd time in a row we made sure we beat them - it was a tough game, but two of our new signings popped up with late goals to secure the win. We also beat Hamburg comfortably away from home, before annoyingly dropping points at Osnabruck.

49e20c3464ea825cb84a261e478831ef.png

September

f08f04032f30e396469b198e36425349.png

We got Shakhtar in the Champions League again. They gave us their best shot but it wasn't quite good enough as we just about did enough to get the win.

a16424c02c0bf95e65124ff21fe4bca5.png

I was kind of annoyed we were still only a 2nd seed which meant we drew Monaco in our group who are one of the better sides around. I was pretty amused to draw Xanthi though - fingers crossed if we smash them enough their manager will get the sack :D

0a8501fa58e64bd8424a18fdecd83680.png

Not much to say here other than a fantastic month of results, with Ivan Talajic and Maurice Gutzeit both putting in very pleasing performances.

45caa542ccaae8ab9eb5019dee356863.png

We're only 3 points ahead of Hoffenheim who have had a good start - they must've done pretty well to have only scored 1 less than us!

82aad38f78031323cfe4c5d9bf8d8962.png

Kabongo is back and he's joined Bolton!

Bolton finished 7th in League 1 last season, which was a considerable over-achievement for them since they've spent the last 20 years yo-yo-ing up and down from L1 and L2. They've started this season terribly however and are currently 22nd - which left them in desperate need of a new manager to save them. Apparently that man is Kabongo. Bolton are a sleeping giant, so in that respect they're a great fit for a man who has under-achieved in management compared to his playing career. Could this be the start of something special for Kabongo's managerial career? Possibly. But there's every chance he's sacked before Christmas :D

October

5e50253b1975364b2d34b8493531436c.png

A good 3-0 win sees us through in the German Cup.

82d2c6ab870eacac2af023d927e7646d.png

We managed two good away wins, with the 3-2 at Monaco potentially being crucial in our bid to top the group.

e7e6020d0ef850d6f1ae7e5364e46d6e.png

We have the hardest game on paper out the way - so it's ours to lose now.

62f9dac1ec7c9777eb34296f72b64245.png

A very positive month in the Bundesliga, we struggled against Mainz, but certainly didn't struggle against Dortmund or a hopeless Frankfurt :D

df0c50ab6e66ab0595fd1aa52168cf2c.png

We are top of the league, with surprise package Hamburg just 4 points behind. Bayern are the real threat though and are 5 behind.

Is the game entirely regen populated by 2056? Or do we have folk like Rashford in management? :D

It is primarily regens now but there are several guys still around and managing, including the likes of: Memphis Depay, Kostos Manolas, Lucas Digne, Viktor Fischer, Emre Can, Nathaniel Chalobah, Luke Shaw and Amir Natkho. Jermaine Pennant and Ashley Young are still about as scouts, as is a now very elderly Danny Karbassiyoon.

November

7de1acc2819cc10d6350310ded6a1dc9.png

Another good win against Xanthi, but we lost to Shakhtar after being ahead, which could prove costly.

f727958553353fc7cf710ec18e3adf59.png

It all comes down to our final game with Monaco. We top the group as long as we don't lose - which may be easier said than done.

92b5733ea253f50902b20e461699cc64.png

I'm not too happy with that loss to Hertha, especially since it was at home - can't complain with the other results though.

d74b5a507d3e9606c3e90e406e0f6750.png

4 points clear now. The chance of an undefeated title gone though /o\

December

3438522cc2482387bed1f11a536686f1.png

I would've liked a bigger victory margin against Halle, but we won so I can't complain that much.

ede6aa1d93d0e55d64bff9b4f428f8be.png

An absolutely massive victory against Monaco which sees us top the group quite comfortably in the end. I've misplaced the screenshot of it but we topped it by 5 points I think.

447a4508d596e04f67192855039a4791.png

We very nearly dropped points at Gladbach - if you'll pardon the pun, I was very glad when Vinicius popped up with his late equaliser. There was also good victories against Schalke and Kaiserslatuern, but we did end up dropping points to a Koln side who just wouldn't accept defeat.

9b097ba4af72c19285c225861c08e816.png

The slight setback against Koln means we fail to increase our 4 point lead on Bayern.

dd72e14108136eba9cde10bc4f0b2633.png

So in some pretty cool news - Ivan Talajic has now joined Paterne Kabongo as being a player to have won the World Player of the Year whilst under my management. When you look at the stats and how well he's played he does certainly deserve it. I didn't expect him to win it though so it came as a bit of surprise.

8a314024ab0fe67754ea43902f788625.png

Wolf Bruneel managed to make the Team of the Year too which is great for him and us.

February

bb8ffed4dba4a6a762e067eab3bcc5bd.png

Dortmund weren't easy opponents and made us work for it, but we've made it to the Semi Final.

c5e77ffc93f0211bbc1b7f6bee8d9a92.png

Galatasaray gave us absolutely no problems and barring an absolute horror show, with 4 away goals in the bag there's no way back for the Turks.

db00e3683dc79dbc4ddda24f9bbf4a4d.png

A pretty disappointing month - including an absolutely horrific 5-1 loss to Hoffenheim. I have no idea what happened there. We managed to avoid dropping points to Stuttgart thanks to a late winner from Ken Bloemen, which could prove really invaluable as the season goes on.

0becbe6aa37e68399d872bddeb612b88.png

Those two losses have really cost us as Bayern have capitalised and are now just 1 point behind us. We still have to play Bayern of course so that really is going to be a big 6 pointer.

Beautiful leading against Bayern, but that way, Wolfsburg would wound up beating Bayern in the end. You're awesome that making the 2500th coaching appearance would be good as well. For Kabongo, this curse was worse enough for him to retire to the bottom league soon. I think who will be the new manager of Bolton this time? Keep up the good work and beat the Dortmund on that day.

March

91617d9729c29b7f6b1ce43debdd3359.png

Safe to say we won this quite comfortably. Did feel quite bad for them when we'd had 3 penalties within 18 minutes, but we did deserve all 3 of them tbf. I was kinda hoping we'd hit double figures after being 5-0 up at half-time, but we did at least win 10-0 on aggregate :cool:

0615bf455649d56e218b3c260b58e26d.png

It was a great month up until a terrible loss at Paderborn. I wasn't content at 0-0 so pushed hard for a winner against them, but this backfired when Paderborn knocked in a 75th minute goal which turned out to be a winner. I checked the live league table at the time to see if Bayern were winning and of course they were, which meant Bayern went 2 points ahead of us in table...

064f7e42981d8856b81152ad85003dfe.png

Couldn't believe it when I saw we were still 1st at full-time! If we end up winning the league I think the boys at Hamburg deserve a couple of bottles of champagne sent their way :D :D

c223f1fe6519d35917a101231b11141d.png

Thanks to a very timely comeback from Hamburg we are still top of the table with 6 games to go. We do have distractions in the Champions League and German Cup - Bayern are out of the Cup but luckily they're also still in the CL so will get fatigued too.

April

25c40bdd96938375480df511c7116e2b.png

A pretty easy Semi Final compared to what we possibly could have encountered. We're in the final which is the main thing really.

96f8e779a366b94d4cf3090476a32b81.png

A far from easy tie and you're never pleased to draw Real Madrid in any competition. During the week we played Real Madrid though? Possibly one of the better times to have met them, as this happened just 2 days before the first leg -

a9060d1209acd4ee03a0bfbc958a3215.png

We played both games against a side with no manager - so in some ways it was kind of disappointing to only win 2-1 on aggregate :D

a02f19dd2212bb8546bff94c82bc50dc.png

Another decent month, but we were again lucky that the draw against Schalke didn't cost us greater. Bayern drew with Gruether Furth earlier in the month which means...

a6444cb144e1960e130dea2e582bbb10.png

We stay ahead of them by 1 point. We face 14th place Koln at home and 18th place already relegated Kaiserslautern away. Bayern have 5th place Hoffenheim away and 10th place Stuttgart at home. We certainly have the better set of fixtures, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself just yet.

May

46ae8826b7d3d74e202215f850f948d4.png

Two pretty resounding victories to secure yet another Bundesliga trophy!

bd7117a362cad8cc74210c88f496f3a9.png

It was really close though and I was absolutely stoked to see Hamburg get a Champions League spot - they deserve it as without their comeback against Bayern we wouldn't have been champions.

65637f7f5389726aaddf6286ca938f7b.png

Man City are a tough side so this was never gonna be an easy set of matches. We did perform very well in the home leg though, with a 3-1 win giving us a huge advantage going into the leg in Manchester - they did of course have an away goal. We were 2-0 up at half-time in the 2nd leg, just like we were in the 1st leg, but City come from behind to go 3-2 ahead on the night. They did need to 5-2 due to the away goals we'd scored so we were never really in too much danger.

It seems only fitting that for the Champions League final we've drawn none other than our domestic rivals - Bayern Munich. My record in Champions League finals is 2 wins (1 each with Juventus and Toulouse) and 2 losses (1 each with Everton and Villarreal). This final will decide whether my record has more wins or losses. Fingers crossed for a win. It will take place on relative home soil for me as it will be Wembley.

42f87c062d66bddefc64bc44486d7ec7.png

Unfortunately we didn't get a win in the German Cup. We were uncharacteristically poor on the day - I'm not sure if it was nerves or we just had an off day but we were poor and Hertha deserved their win. Gutzeit got a late goal but it was far too late to comeback into the game at that point.

Hmm. Well tbf I was expecting the re-change of layout to have fucked over the coding a lot more than it actually has. Not so keen on how it has made the spacing between text and image really bunched up, but at least the screenies are still all on show! 

Oh I spoke too soon. The ones on the first few pages displayed are working so maybe the rest will come in time  :D

12 minutes ago, nie jem frytek said:

I guess there are also entire posts that are missing...

Dortmund is the team you manage in 1st post.

Yeah from what I read of a thread explaining the changes it seems like at first only posts from within the last 365 days have been transferred across, with the rest to follow at a later date. I think I'll wait until the forums have sorted themselves out a bit more before posting anymore immediate updates in-case it messes them up :D

2 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Yeah from what I read of a thread explaining the changes it seems like at first only posts from within the last 365 days have been transferred across, with the rest to follow at a later date. I think I'll wait until the forums have sorted themselves out a bit more before posting anymore immediate updates in-case it messes them up :D

It all seems to be working nicely now :)

35 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

It all seems to be working nicely now :)

Ah so it is. I've also noticed the coding on the Career History is actually an improvement as rather than having to scroll down the code bit for half of it, it now just shows all of it on the screen which is much nicer :cool: 

Archived