[FM15] The Hart Chronicles - Volume I: Paul Hart's Alphabet Career

PaulHartman71

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

V-Watch

02e9d8f89f608a4f26d5686ef80bcb6d.png

For the first time in a while there were actually no 'V' jobs available. Valencia did poor but they sacked their old manager in the middle of the season so it looks like they're giving the new guy some time. Neuer and Villarreal didn't do that well this season but he's still stable. Valladolid's new manager keeps his job despite a pretty uninspiring season.

Kabongo-Watch

e97011c401aba58783f2b33d4f3f5c48.png

A decent year for Kabongo's Brighton as they finish 10th. He had another decent cup run as they reached Wembley again, this time going out to his old Fulham side in the Semi Final.

48cf264b25a1759330198e483e2f8d38.png

The shameless nepotism continues! I was delighted to find a Staff Profile when I clicked on Adam's profile the day after his retirement to have one last sad look at his retired screen. Adam decided against retiring from football for good, probably because he knew he could still make £2K a week for being pretty inept at his job. He's decided to become a scout and to be honest he's as good a scout as he was a player. He does have pretty decent Adaptability and Determination though. Also tbf thanks to his wide array of experience all across Europe thanks to me he does actually bring a fair amount of Scouting Knowledge to the table, so there's always that.

Well done winning the Champions League.

Thanks Nobby!

Good thing that Adam is following your coaching career for the first time!:) What's the progress of other biggest "T" and "U" clubs and nations?

Tottenham got relegated last season which was great news especially as Arsenal got promoted. Ukraine have qualified for this summer's World Cup, so have Uruguay, we will actually face Uruguay in our group.

The shameless nepotism continues! I was delighted to find a Staff Profile when I clicked on Adam's profile the day after his retirement to have one last sad look at his retired screen. Adam decided against retiring from football for good, probably because he knew he could still make £2K a week for being pretty inept at his job. He's decided to become a scout and to be honest he's as good a scout as he was a player. He does have pretty decent Adaptability and Determination though. Also tbf thanks to his wide array of experience all across Europe thanks to me he does actually bring a fair amount of Scouting Knowledge to the table, so there's always that.

That may be the worst scout I have ever seen....I think I would do better than him. You have to sign a player he recommends, it could be amazing :)

On a side note, maybe keep checking the youth ranks for a new Hart, you never know.

That may be the worst scout I have ever seen....I think I would do better than him. You have to sign a player he recommends, it could be amazing :)

On a side note, maybe keep checking the youth ranks for a new Hart, you never know.

Judging by our pre-season friendlies, our Chief Scout who I have sorting out all the scouting assignments has actually stuck him doing the pre-match reports on opposition teams. I don't think that's a great idea :D

I'll definitely keep a look out but not sure what the odds of having two sons in one game are...probably not that likely :(

World Cup

40da67f6ac801b02362d0dd5a7c36875.png

We had a really though group, Group F definitely was the Group of Death. We managed a decent point against Uruguay - but in the context of the group that needed to be a win really, it was always going to be an uphill struggle to get a win out of Holland or Portugal. We struggled against Portugal and they beat us 3-1 in the end. We needed to beat Holland to go through - we came close to scoring a few times, Jack Johnson had a great chance but he couldn't take it.

0b23a5b4033108dbf40151af0c780224.png

That meant we went out sadly. I wasn't sacked for my performance, they seemed quite happy with me, but I felt disappointed and almost like I deserved to go - I expected to be sacked so them not sacking me in a way made me feel they were kind of unambitious maybe. I don't know - I felt like it was time to end my time as USA manager. This effectively means I've now retired from international management.

Season 32 (U)SA

England ultimately won the World Cup, which also saw Graeme Paterson end up as Golden Boot winner. What a ****ing season he had! :D

History

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                Division          Position      Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Arsenal             Premier League    2nd           League Cup winners 
2015/16    Arsenal             Premier League    1st           Champions
2016/17    Borussia Dortmund   Bundesliga        3rd           German Cup & Europa League winners
2017/18    Borussia Dortmund   Bundesliga        2nd           Euro Super Cup & German Super Cup winners
2017       Cameroon            N/A               N/A           Confederations Cup runners up 
2018       Cameroon            N/A               N/A           N/A
2019       Cameroon            N/A               N/A           African Cup of Nations winners 
2018/19    Dinamo Moscow       Russian PL        2nd           Russian Cup winners
2019/20    Everton             Premier League    2nd           N/A
2020/21    Everton             Premier League    7th           League Cup winners & Champions League runners up
2020       France              N/A               N/A           N/A
2021       France              N/A               N/A           European Nations League winner
2022       France              N/A               N/A           World Cup winner
2021/22    Getafe              La Liga           5th           Qualified for Europa League
2022/23    Getafe              La Liga           9th           Europa League semi finalists 
2022       Holland             N/A               N/A           N/A
2023       Holland             N/A               N/A           N/A
2024       Holland             N/A               N/A           European Championship runners up
2023/24    Ipswich Town        Championship      1st           Promoted as Champions  
2024/25    Ipswich Town        Premier League    13th          N/A
2025/26    Ipswich Town        Premier League    4th           N/A
2026/27    Ipswich Town        Premier League    4th           N/A
2027/28    Ipswich Town        Premier League    1st           Premier League & FA Cup winners
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2028/29    Juventus            Serie A           1st           Serie A, Italian Cup & Super Cup winners 
2029/30    Juventus            Serie A           1st           Serie A, Champions League, Italian Cup & Super Cup winners
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030/31    Kuban               Russian PL        6th           Qualified for Europa League
2031/32    Kuban               Russian PL        7th           Left in November
2031/32    Liverpool           Premier League    6th           Joined in November. FA Cup winners.
2032/33    Liverpool           Premier League    2nd           Europa League & Community Shield winners
2033/34    Man United          Premier League    1st           Premier League, League Cup & Community Shield winners
2034/35    NAC Breda           Eredivisie        3rd           Qualified for Europa League
2035/36    NAC Breda           Eredivisie        7th           Left in December
2035/36    Olympiakos          Greek SL          3rd           Joined in December. Greek Cup winners & Qualified for CL.
2036/37    Porto               Portuguese PL     1st           Portuguese PL & League Cup
2037/38    Porto               Portuguese PL     1st           Portuguese PL, FA Cup & Super Cup
2038/39    Porto               Portuguese PL     4th           Super Cup winners. Left in April. 
2038/39    Q.P.R.              Premier League    19th          Relegated
2039/40    Q.P.R.              Championship      2nd           Promoted 
2040/41    Rangers             Scottish PL       3rd           Scottish Cup & League Cup winners
2041/42    Rangers             Scottish PL       1st           Scottish PL winners 
2040       Spain               N/A               N/A           N/A 
2041       Spain               N/A               N/A           N/A
2042       Spain               N/A               N/A           World Cup quarter finalists. Sacked. 
2042/43    Toulouse            Ligue 1           4th           Qualified for Champions League
2043/44    Toulouse            Ligue 1           5th           Europa League semi finalists 
2044/45    Toulouse            Ligue 1           3rd           Europa League winners
2045/46    Toulouse            Ligue 1           3rd           Champions League & European Super Cup winners
2042       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           N/A
2043       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           Gold Cup runners up
2044       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           N/A 
2045       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           Gold Cup winners
2046       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           World Cup Group Stage
2043       U.S.A. Under 23s    N/A               N/A           Copa America Group Stage
2044       U.S.A. Under 23s    N/A               N/A           Olympic Games runners-up

Trophy Cabinet

World Cup                  x1 - 2022 (France)
Olympic Games Silver Medal x1 - 2044 (U.S.A. Under 23's)
African Cup of Nations     x1 - 2019 (Cameroon)
North American Gold Cup    x1 - 2045 (U.S.A.)
European Nations League    x1 - 2021 (France)

Champions League    x2 - 2029/30 (Juventus), 2045/46 (Toulouse)
Europa League       x3 - 2016/17 (Borussia Dortmund), 2032/33 (Liverpool), 2044/45 (Toulouse) 
European Super Cup  x2 - 2017/18 (Borussia Dortmund), 2045/46 (Toulouse) 

Premier League    x3 - 2015/16 (Arsenal), 2027/28 (Ipswich), 2033/34 (Man United)
FA Cup            x2 - 2027/28 (Ipswich), 2031/32 (Liverpool) 
League Cup        x3 - 2014/15 (Arsenal), 2020/21 (Everton), 2033/34 (Man United)
Community Shield  x2 - 2032/33 (Liverpool), 2033/34 (Man United)   
Championship      x1 - 2023/24 (Ipswich) 

German Cup        x1 - 2016/17 (Borussia Dortmund)
German Super Cup  x1 - 2017/18 (Borussia Dortmund)

Greek Cup   x1 - 2035/36 (Olympiakos)

Serie A           x2 - 2028/29, 2029/30 (Juventus)
Italian Cup       x2 - 2028/29, 2029/30 (Juventus)
Italian Super Cup x2 - 2028/29, 2029/30 (Juventus) 

Portuguese PL          x2 - 2036/37, 2037/38 (Porto)
Portuguese Cup         x1 - 2037/38 (Porto)
Portuguese League Cup  x1 - 3036/37 (Porto)
Portuguese Super Cup   x2 - 2037/38 (Porto), 2038/39 (Porto)

Russian Cup x1 - 2018/19 (Dinamo Moscow)

Scottish PL         x1 - 2041/42 (Rangers)
Scottish Cup        x1 - 2040/41 (Rangers)
Scottish League Cup x1 - 2040/41 (Rangers)

July/August Transfers

16248ec3979cbc4dcdefcdc5445d90b6.png

I imagined that winning the Champions League might lead to a lot of players popping up on big clubs' radar. I also hoped that winning it meant that we might keep them, but we couldn't. Graeme Paterson went for big money to join European giants Roma for £35M - he won't be lighting up the Serie A much this season though as in early-pre season he sadly broke his leg, feel quite bad for him tbf. Timo Gottel also left for bigger things and money as he joins Manchester City for £25M - a big loss, just as big a loss as Paterson as he was a great keeper. Ettore Tonelli also wanted out once big sides came in for him - the one who offered the most was Schalke, so naturally I sold him to the highest bidder. Joseph Boateng left it right to the last day of the deadline to decide he wanted out - he left for Zenit. Moussa Mendy was sold in March but the transfer only went through in July. Leandre Hernandez was not someone I hugely wanted to sell, but his contract was up in a year and he refused to renew - so he had to go.

55d4fb0d992b9fd1afd959c1b290b738.png

We lost a lot of players this summer, which meant we had to replace them. Dylan Bigot and Mohamed Yildrim are both young CBs signed to help our defence be stronger - Bigot is the better of the two. Ivan Beketov and Pedro Abreu are both new right wingers, Abreu looks the better player of the two, but Beketov has potential to become as good. Antonin Robin joins to give competition for places at left wing. Guilaume Bresson is our new goalkeeper signed from Metz, he's not as good as Gottel was but he is still reasonably good. Finally, Donovan Constancia was signed as an out and out replacement for departing LB Joseph Boateng.

Obviously not including agent fees, new contracts, 10% sell on fees that went to the player or percent profit fees that went to old clubs etc we made a £37M profit from transfer fees this summer. Not bad tbf.

August

243744b78fa3efff94eb8ec1e930544b.png

This was actually sort of like the PH71 Euro Super Cup Super Cup as it was a match between the two teams that I've won the Super Cup with. A very resounding 5-2 victory sees us win the Super Cup against Dortmund, with Samir Amri getting a hat-trick.

12bc85cf97101c84ed13daa0bb7e4407.png

7d31f9165a0e465e617cd575a523b99f.png

We got off to a terrible start as we lost 2-0 to Lille. We recovered from that lost by the end of the month, but we started the season much slower than I would've liked. The highlight of the month was an impressive 4-1 victory against Lyon.

351d2f20f61506d7bf68c0bd62fe3575.png

September

a003e1466ee182234d66363ff046bc82.png

I was really pleased when we got drawn with my old side Rangers. I enjoyed my return to the Ibrox, especially so as we won 2-0 without too much trouble.

72d78204cd9c8e7c4e8ff4f439fac495.png

A pretty good group thanks to our 1st seeding, but Barcelona are of course a threat to be taken seriously. It will be hard to top the group but fingers crossed we can do it.

ec62c629d4d6d70e04e32ae9f72ac2b1.png

It was a better month than August, we went completely unbeaten and rose up the table a bit, but if we want to challenge PSG and Monaco for the title we really need to start turning some of these home draws into wins.

75e58ba5c0eb8b556cd6cfc080c01ca0.png

October

6d53265b8c4b5491f40738d35416daca.png

A nice win over Krasnoadar and then a very exciting game at the Nou Camp, which saw Justin Nabab pop up with a dramatic late equaliser to secure a possibly vital point.

6888bb6786869298a1d4ce9ab9bdbb56.png

We currently sit above Barcelona (presumably on away goals)

052cbb66da3b8d27f73b3e910c530da9.png

A horrendous loss to CS Serdan Ardennes, whilst it did come after a mid-week game in Barcelona, we really can't be losing these kind of games. We did do well against Stade Rennais and Lens though.

fe63502fc0a2ad5a23adbc7ea9294243.png

We're 4th and 9 points behind PSG. Monaco in 2nd are 4 points ahead of us at the moment.

November

89bc283dd154db3a75c801faf7afdb83.png

Another great set of results saw a solid point against Barcelona at home, as well as a 3-0 routing of Rangers.

9c2da2a4497182ef67fbc857e193624d.png

It is pretty simple - if we beat Krasnador, we top the table and hopefully get a favourable draw in the 1st Knockout Round.

317367feb1f6eb274340b38ff8ca27ab.png

A great month in the league too, we didn't dominate any of our games but we just about did enough to win 1-0 in all 3. I thought especially against AS Saint Ettiene and Montpellier that the winner would never come, but these are the games we may have drawn 0-0 in previous years, so we appear to be making some progress at least.

d0107e0ea681d23e458a0860b3c2a28e.png

This puts us just 6 points behind PSG and 5 behind Monaco. We're right up there and in the mix!

December

26466e0e800bdc244e345de37ff7c250.png

We faced the Japanese side Antlers in the Semi Final. They weren't too good really and we beat them without too many worries, with David Mexes securing a hat-trick. The final was a far trickier affair as we faced legendary Argentine side Boca Juniors. We went ahead thanks to a penalty in the 20th minute and after that it was a very tight game - it looked like it could go either way, but it was the hero of the Semi Final, David Mexes, who popped up with our 2nd goal which secured us the Club World Cup. I was delighted to win as it's the first time I've won the trophy.

8fd20e22ac6ffe352843a40f33a6bc16.png

A 3-0 win against Ligue 2 side Havre - not much to say really other than than they really gave us no trouble, despite us only having been in Japan for the Club World Cup a few days prior.

0a8008e9bf8e84e07b325defebc2ae40.png

We got lucky in Krasnador. Very lucky. An own goal in the 88th minute saw us secure victory, and with it, top spot in the group.

efdf40d77013253bdee074ad55e01efd.png

Although tbf I think we might have topped the group even if we had just drawn the match.

12f7dcf209510ea1001ac3bf972b4817.png

Due to the Club World Cup we only had 2 league games this month. An unforgivable loss away to Red Star, which we slightly redeemed with a win against Stade Malherbe Caen, but we came ever so close to only drawing, with Samir Amri grabbing an all important winner in the 87th minute.

2dee5ebc769feffe8801cd5ddf76bffa.png

We've fallen behind but we do have two games in hand.

January

Transfers Out:

28ad345dcaf4b59c06a33def2e4069b4.png

962c17d47c06dd6ff61aaf185209960a.png

A few outgoing transfers. Resmond was signed last year to be first choice RB but he's been displaced by one of our own Academy players. He's been unhappy with no first team football so he's left for £10M to Sampdoria, more than doubled our money on him so not bad. Renaldo Bonalair was leaving on a BOSMAN at the end of the season anyway, we offered Newcastle £165K to take him now and they have.

Transfers In:

1b4b7460e0fc1909f9b80555dfb1c0a0.png

Shawn Godelman was signed as a replacement for Resmond, he will be new back-up RB. The other two signings were not players we neccesarily needed, but rather players that were too good to turn down for what they were being offered out at. I checked the transfer list on deadline day as I had a spare £10M kicking around and saw both of these very talented guys on there. Carsten Olrich is a very talented CAM who has been surplus to requirements at Bayern for 3 and half years, it looks like he finally had enough and demanded a transfer. Olrich was a player I was especially keen to get as at the time Juventus were circling around our first choice CAM Anthony Hagan and it looked like he might well leave - they didn't offer enough for him in the end though. I was delighted to be able to sign the 25 year old German though and hopefully we can get his career back on track, he will provide great competition for Hagan. Tristan Van Lieshout is another prime example of a big club wasting talented young players. The 21 year old has barely been used at PSG for years, with various loan moves or spells on the bench. It looks like he finally had enough and wanted out - we were more than willing to take him, he's probably as good the other CBs we have apart from Dylan Bigot, who Van Lieshout has actually played with for Belgian at international level.

Samri Amri has been a big part of our success this season, but unfortunately for January and some of February we will be without his services, as he will be hoping to win the African Nations for Algeria after signing up to play for them earlier in the season. This is potentially a big blow and our young back-up strikers will have a lot to live up to in replacing him. Hopefully between Campion and Lambrese they can do it.

January

2420cab2dddfa09da4d3e7c9dcfeea72.png

Dwayne Lambese put in a fantastic performance, they might have been a Ligue 2 side, but it was great to win 2-1 against Tours and progress in the French Cup.

cab18c94164c9fff6f15acdb3a9d8400.png

We also progressed in the Coupe de la Ligue thanks to a 2-1 victory at AS Saint Ettiene.

84cafff5f286c2fde65b5835060e393e.png

It was a busy month in the league. We got off to a magnificent start, it was a tight game in Monaco, but Yacine Campion popped up late on to score his first goal of the season. What a time to get it as it proved us winners against Monaco. We followed that up with a poor display in Nantes that saw us struggle to score. We held strong against PSG at home and I was happy enough to get a 1-1 draw out of that game. I was less content with a 1-1 draw against Metz, Beketov's 75th minute equaliser put us back in the match but unfortunately we couldn't crack on to get all 3 points. We did then win two games on the bounce. First it was a 3-0 win at Lyon with an impressive performance from Antonio Bobin. Then finally we beat Bastia thanks to an absolute last gasp winner from DM Justin Nabab to secure a crucial 3 points.

a0a5c1f7ab54fcc8f68bf525934f96ed.png

Due to droppings points elsewhere we're still 2 points behind Monaco despite being them, whilst PSG now sit 11 points ahead of us.

Kabongo-Watch

13ce0cad526cdb3193627543a4520971.png

70fd2493865cf2a201d4105916c3fefe.png

Some big Kabongo news as he's left Brighton after a relatively successful 2 and a half year spell, he will join Fulham, the side where he spent his last few years as a player. Fulham are actually below Brighton in the Premier League table as a result of a 6 match losing streak that saw previous manager, Edinson Cavani, lose his job. Fulham are undoubtedly a bigger club in the grand scheme of things though, so this is definitely progression for Kabongo. Next stop - Man United!

February

b8c65f1b6427fa911be76dbdee9a84e5.png

A hugely tense game as we traveled to Paris in the Coupe de la Ligue. It ended 2-2 in normal time, with a late PSG equaliser dragging us to extra-time. We took the lead through Kamal Celik just before half-time in extra-time, but they equalised again to drag it to penalties. They missed their 4th penalty, in an otherwise perfect set of 10 penalties, which ultimately saw young striker Dwayne Lambese slot home to see us through to the final. Big.

78155648b29d34677f141a3fb957c946.png

We went through in one cup and out in the other. The PSG result didn't help in the sense that this game came just 2 days after the extra-time and penalties, so a lot of our players were understandably knackered. The last thing they needed was more extra-time and it happened, during which Monaco took advantage of our tired legs to get a winner and knock us out.

af0e1c4c0c674ac6bffd5dc9c8a4188b.png

A good month in the league with 12 points from 12. We could well have only drawn the first 3 games as we only scored winners in the 80th minute or later. I'm hoping this is a sign that we're finally becoming a clinical team capable of finishing the lesser sides off.

8e75652fec6c8d22e90de767642c2d40.png

We're 8 points behind PSG and 2 behind Monaco. If we can keep our good form up who knows what could happen.

March

7736f8c6353f7873950947f59dc8591f.png

Benfica put up a hell of a fight in Portugal and despite a brace from Pedro Abreu, a man who spent his youth career in Benfica, we could not do enough to beat them as we lost 4-3. We did of course manage to come away with 3 away goals which still put us in a reasonably positive position going into the home tie. Benfica caused far less problems at our place and a Samir Amri brace and goals from Boucaud and Anthony Hagan helped us go through quite comfortably in the end. We'll face Juventus in the Quarter Final - a difficult tie and an emotional one for me as Juventus are the only other team I've won the Champions League with.

63ca151fe16683e8dab4d62f6cf2508c.png

An alright month, a nice win against Nice and a decent away win against Stade Rennais, but we really should have beaten Lens and CS Serdan Ardennes.

137e723e745304dfdf514f3be525a959.png

To put those two draws into perspective, if we'd won those games then we'd not only be 2nd but just 4 points off of PSG. We're still only 8 points off PSG, but we've still got to play PSG, Monaco and Metz - our final league position basically depends on those games. If we win all of them then we could be looking at something really special - if we lose a few of them, or even all of them, then not so much.

April

c8b31fcebc6d6a7d0c4394e1851bd4b9.png

A massive win as we win our first French trophy under my rule - the Coupe de la Ligue. Monaco just weren't that good on the day and we fully deserved to win.

95bb7cddd797b961a6f6e82cca98423c.png

We won't be retaining the Champions League though, as my old side Juventus knocked us out. We got a good win the home leg, but Juventus got an away goal which obviously game them a bit of help going into their home leg. They defended very very well and completely kept us out after taking a 1-0 lead, we had to go for it to try and score and as a result of this they scored a second. Admittedly the second didn't change much and we could've still dragged it to extra-time had we equalised, but we couldn't.

b88da272466574fc8d6f05a97344eb82.png

What a load of ****. We were terrible at Montpellier and AS Saint Ettiene and fully deserved to lose those games, but we've not dropped 10 points in 4 games we shouldn't have which has ****ed our season. We did beat Red Star 3-1 but the damage was done.

977c08edb65c5db727b1728c790f15b5.png

9 points behind Monaco and 14 behind PSG. Even if we win our remaining games we have no chance at even 2nd place really. We need to make sure we don't lose to Metz as they could challenge us for 3rd now.

May

d1de37385f0265ad06eefcbbd6cd7f5c.png

The month started off really great as we beat Metz 4-1 at their place to pretty much wrap up 3rd place. I went into the Monaco match with a lot of hope and expectation, especially as we beat them quite comfortably in the Coupe de la Ligue final. Despite being at home we were completely outclassed by Monaco, who beat us 2-1 without us putting up much fight, save for a late Beketov goal. We went into the PSG game pretty down as our season was basically over and we had nothing to play for, but I found out PSG would win the title if they beat us. This game me some motivation to try and stop them winning but they were better than us and deserved their 1-0 win and subsequent celebrations. I put out a second string side against Lille just to shake it up and see what some younger players could do as we had nothing to play for really, we got a point out of it thanks to a nice goal from Dwayne Lambese.

5258dd328d1de66026bb4b90b0eda98e.png

Ultimately a pretty sad end to our league season. In March we were just 8 points behind PSG and 3 behind Monaco with a game against them both, by the end of May we were 20 points behind PSG and 13 behind Monaco. Unacceptable really and I think if we're to challenge next season, then big changes need to happen this summer.

Season 33 (T)oulouse

1c611c8b52098d81b7e6d4c09680623f.png

I'm pleased that we managed to win 3 trophies this season - especially the World Club Cup and the Coupe de la Ligue as they're two trophies I haven't before. I'm not too annoyed about our French Cup loss or failing to retain the Champions League - we did about as good as I could expect in those competitions. But I'm annoyed at how poorly we ended up doing in the league - we've not really made any progress there and a team that managed to win the Champions League last season should really not be finishing 20 points behind PSG. Whilst we did lose to Monaco and PSG, our biggest problem is dropping points against the lesser teams. We need to improve on that next season.

Squad pt 1, pt 2

GK - Guillaime Bresson had big shoes to fill in replacing Timo Gottel. He wasn't quite as good as his predecessor but I have no real complaints about him - his performance against PSG in the Coupe de la Ligue Semi Final was a particular highlight. One of his saves reminded me of David Seaman against Sheffield in the FA Cup - Matrix-esque.

DR - Jean-Pierre Gerard emerged as first choice right back after years as a young prospect that couldn't get a look in. He stepped up to the plate and did very well. Here's hoping we can hold onto him for the considerable future.

DL - Joseph Boateng left in the summer and was replaced by Donovan Constancia - the Dutchman had a decent season at LB.

DC - Dylan Bigot was the clear first choice name on the team-sheet, with the Belgian putting in world class performances throughout the season to the extent he's got a whole host of big sides interested in him. Melvin Bertrand and Mohammed Yildirim were the other two guys who were rotated throughout most the season. Tristan Van Lieshout, signed in January, will be first choice going forward. Fingers crossed we hang onto Bigot and the two Belgians form a partnership to be reckoned with.

DM - Justin Nabab did even better this season in his second year as first choice DM. He's got PSG and Monaco interested in him, but I don't plan on selling him to either of them.

MC - Prospero Boucaud continued as first at CM and our captain, he had a pretty good season and was integral to our campaign.

AMR - Ettore Tonelli was hard to replace. Pedro Abreu did a decent job, but he was plagued by injury and only ended up starting 33 games - the other times it was the Russian, Ivan Beketov, who played and whilst he wasn't as good he was okay. I'm not that keen on either though, with neither quite living up to Ettore Tonelli's standards. Tonelli himself is for some reason not getting played at Schalke and he looks unhappy, if I can somehow get him back in the summer I will.

AML - David Mexes was first choice left winger again this season. He was okay, not much more than that. I think too press on and really challenge for the league we will probably have to get someone a bit better in.

CAM - Anthony Hagan was first choice CAM for the full season. He's injury prone much like Pedro Abreu though. Hagan wasn't even thaaat good when he did play, certainly not living up to his stats and potential. He's actually attracting interest from the two Manchester clubs, if either of them will cough up decent money for him I may well let him go back to England and get someone new in.

ST - Graeme Paterson was always going to be difficult to replace. I think Samir Amri did a decent job, ending the season with 22 goals and 16 assists from 42 games - he of course missed January and a bit of February due to the African Nations. He's a good player but I'm not sure he's a player that you win the league with - I'll see how we do with him in a full season next year, as there will be no African Nations.

History

2014/15    Arsenal             Premier League    2nd           League Cup winners 
2015/16    Arsenal             Premier League    1st           Champions
2016/17    Borussia Dortmund   Bundesliga        3rd           German Cup & Europa League winners
2017/18    Borussia Dortmund   Bundesliga        2nd           Euro Super Cup & German Super Cup winners
2017       Cameroon            N/A               N/A           Confederations Cup runners up 
2019       Cameroon            N/A               N/A           African Cup of Nations winners 
2018/19    Dinamo Moscow       Russian PL        2nd           Russian Cup winners
2020/21    Everton             Premier League    7th           League Cup winners & Champions League runners up
2021       France              N/A               N/A           European Nations League winner
2021/22    Getafe              La Liga           5th           Qualified for Europa League
2022/23    Getafe              La Liga           9th           Europa League semi finalists 
2024       Holland             N/A               N/A           European Championship runners up
2023/24    Ipswich Town        Championship      1st           Promoted as Champions  
2027/28    Ipswich Town        Premier League    1st           Premier League & FA Cup winners
2028/29    Juventus            Serie A           1st           Serie A, Italian Cup & Super Cup winners 
2029/30    Juventus            Serie A           1st           Serie A, Champions League, Italian Cup & Super Cup winners
2030/31    Kuban               Russian PL        6th           Qualified for Europa League
2031/32    Liverpool           Premier League    6th           Joined in November. FA Cup winners.
2032/33    Liverpool           Premier League    2nd           Europa League & Community Shield winners
2033/34    Man United          Premier League    1st           Premier League, League Cup & Community Shield winners
2034/35    NAC Breda           Eredivisie        3rd           Qualified for Europa League
2035/36    Olympiakos          Greek SL          3rd           Joined in December. Greek Cup winners & Qualified for CL.
2036/37    Porto               Portuguese PL     1st           Portuguese PL & League Cup
2037/38    Porto               Portuguese PL     1st           Portuguese PL, FA Cup & Super Cup
2038/39    Porto               Portuguese PL     4th           Super Cup winners. Left in April. 
2040/41    Rangers             Scottish PL       3rd           Scottish Cup & League Cup winners
2041/42    Rangers             Scottish PL       1st           Scottish PL winners 
2042       Spain               N/A               N/A           World Cup quarter finalists. Sacked. 
2042/43    Toulouse            Ligue 1           4th           Qualified for Champions League
2043/44    Toulouse            Ligue 1           5th           Europa League semi finalists 
2044/45    Toulouse            Ligue 1           3rd           Europa League winners
2045/46    Toulouse            Ligue 1           3rd           Champions League & European Super Cup winners
2046/47    Toulouse            Ligue 1           3rd           World Club Cup, European Super Cup and Coupe de la Ligue winners
2043       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           Gold Cup runners up
2046       U.S.A.              N/A               N/A           World Cup Group Stage
2043       U.S.A. Under 23s    N/A               N/A           Copa America Group Stage
2044       U.S.A. Under 23s    N/A               N/A           Olympic Games runners-up

Trophy Cabinet

Europa League       x3 - 2016/17 (Borussia Dortmund), 2032/33 (Liverpool), 2044/45 (Toulouse) 
European Super Cup  x3 - 2017/18 (Borussia Dortmund), 2045/46, 2046/47 (Toulouse) 
World Club Cup      x1 - 2046/47 (Toulouse)

Premier League    x3 - 2015/16 (Arsenal), 2027/28 (Ipswich), 2033/34 (Man United)
League Cup        x3 - 2014/15 (Arsenal), 2020/21 (Everton), 2033/34 (Man United)

Coupe de la Ligue x1 - 2046/47 (Toulouse)

V-Watch

e5ba286fca1917e552ec3022380bb397.png

Valencia returned to the Champions League and finally seem to have found a decent manager in Tin Jedvaj. Valladolid had a poor season and sacked Georgey Schennikov. Manuel Neuer keeps his job at Villarreal despite stagnating a bit.

Kabongo-Watch

987771bcf45bdf343b832b44cb0a1f16.png

Kabongo jumped ship from Brighton to join his old club Fulham mid-season. Fulham started the season in the Europa League, but due to Cavani's poor showings they definitely won't be in it next season. Kabongo's old club, Brighton, will be, and you could argue a big reason as to why that happened was Kabongo himself. I hope he at least got a pay rise at Fulham as it looks like he may have made a bad career choice, unless he can turn things around at Fulham of course.

It also looks like things are finally working out for Arsenal at least, as they finish as high as 12th place :cool:

Summer Transfers

7b903b403851749a411f781f7c0d74de.png

It's been a hectic summer. We made £181M in transfer fees and spent £164M.

The biggest departure money-wise was Anthony Hagan - he left for my old side Man United for £35M. I was pleased to get that much for him as despite having big potential, he never really lived up to it for me. Pedro Abreu, the injury prone RW left to join his old side Benfica for £28.5M - I was surprised they had that much money to offer us but I wasn't gonna turn it down as I managed to find a suitable replacement anyway. Ivan Beketov, the other RW, also left for £8M to join Barcelona - he was desperate to leave for them and I was happy enough to let him go. Samir Amri left for Chelsea for £28M - he wasn't someone I particularly planned to sell, but they gave us a big money offer and I found a replacement who I thought was better than him so I was happy for him to go.

Dylan Bigot left for Juventus for £28M, he's a very good CB and it's sad to see him go but he wanted to go so I couldn't really keep him. Donovan Constancia left for £22.5M, he was a decent LB but we definitely had to cash in at that price which I thought was silly money for him really. Antonin Robin the LW left for Valencia for £13M, he wasn't particularly amazing and I had a replacement lined up. Jean-Pierre Gerard was not someone I wanted to sell, especially to PSG, but he was desperate to go and was turning half the dressing room against me - so off he went. I also let go Bruno Boutin and Yacine Campion, two youth players who I have tried my best to mould into first-team players, but ultimately weren't quite good enough.

ce8eb2223d92eab16ec37ddb1b1fb129.png

We spent £25M to get back Ettore Tonelli after just one season - for some reason he was unwanted at Schalke, which is great as he'll be a real talent for us this season. Patrick Smirnov, a highly rated German striker joins us for £22.5M, whilst we also brought back Stefan Maletic. Maletic was our main striker a few years back, he's fallen out of favour at Chelsea so we took him - he'll be great competition for both striker and left wing since Chelsea seem to have retrained him to be a winger. Torsten Gartner is a highly rated German CB who will hopefully boost our defence. Luca Anghileri is a promising looking LW who will compete with Maletic for first choice. Bilal Korkmaz is a versatile young German midfielder who can play at CM or CAM, he will be great competition for Boucard and Olbrich. Francis Pierre is a young RW who will provide backup to Tonelli. Sergey Makeev is a Russian CB who will provide competition for defensive poistions. Nial Millar is an English DM/CM who will compete with Justin Nabab for first choice. Geoffrey Lemaire is a young French RB who will be our new first choice. Frederic Monnot will play on the opposite side, we signed the young French LB from PSV. Finally, Caspar Richter is a versatile German DM/CM who will also provide competition for our midfielders.

August

acd6e12da2dd93853e23ff448c771ecc.png

We had to go through the Playoff round to qualify for the Group Stage. Despite being top seeds we still got a tough draw in Valencia, who I could well end up managing as my 'V' club. We had no real trouble in Valencia, as we grabbed 4 away goals which put us into a fantastic position in the home leg. Valencia were 2-0 up for much of the home leg, which wasn't enough to see them through, they required another goal which meant they went forward, we caught them on the break and that meant it was curtains for them really.

a58e24da0508b2bd84a4e8943b082cc4.png

Aside from a slight blip at Lyon it's been a great start to the season. We've looked great going forward, despite Smirnov being injured for a few more weeks we have not been lacking in goals, thanks partially to Ettorre Tonelli and Stefen Maletic who have slotted back in like they never left.

027350cd86ecef6575d7eba6067db84b.png

We've started 2 points better than PSG or Monaco despite our loss, which is quite good.

September

c9fea8aa2690acfee9567d71e74be6f0.png

A difficult opening game against Schalke who we knocked out in the Quarter Final a few years back when we won the tournament. A 1-1 draw not a terrible result though.

11775993b3985b861c7e23eccd9b5f37.png

It looks an open group so far. You wouldn't expect Ross County to really be up to all that much, but Lazio are a decent 3rd seed side who be looking to qualify at ours or Schalke's expense.

388b2624994b47993d07b07863c71e97.png

An absolutely fantastic month in the league. We won every game, but of course the highlight was the 5-2 against PSG. A massive win with Luca Anghileri having an absolute field day down the left hand side. This win really felt like a massive statement of intent and signified that we're now good enough to compete with Monaco and PSG - it should be a great season ahead!

7b6f0f084f5faad84d9416448b496985.png

We are top of the league! :brock:

October

70183cadd667ecfbf5cf180bec2c54b7.png

Lazio proved a tough test in Italy, despite our Italian winger giving us the lead, we could not keep it and had to settle for a draw. We then went to Ross County, which actually was a big match as they went into that match top of the table having just pulled off a surprise win against Schalke. We managed to beat them 1-0 though, which put us top of the table.

e970cb4ca20cf4932b80e6e95d76a320.png

It is a very tight group especially when you consider Schalke are a top side and could come back with a vengeance to avoid being knocked out. It should be interesting, that's for sure.

5fb7612b22b332b97b525ecf98a5ee13.png

Another perfect month in the league. The Montpellier match saw Patrick Smirnov come off the bench to make his Ligue 1 debut, his first ever goal for the club was a massive one as it launched a fantastic comeback that climaxed in an 88th minute Stefan Maletic winner to steal all 3 points against all the odds.

b3e355e9c025527d4b3e63c7a5c52fda.png

We've now won 11 out of 12 which is absolutely amazing. We're 7 points ahead of 2nd place PSG and in a great position going forward. There's a long way to go yet but we're in red hot form and certainly in the league we feel unstoppable at the moment.

b3f6f279e0b8514ca1b860760a090ea0.png

Some sad news as it seems Kabongo's decision to leave a seemingly stable job at Brighton, for his under-performing old side Fulham, was perhaps misguided. He's been sacked as a result of poor form and being unable to improve on their mid-table mediocrity. Fingers crossed that he can take a short break and get a good job at another Premier League side soon.

November

eae77533d7a88802cd929dd3b786e3b9.png

We beat Ross County quite comfortably at home, with Smirnov grabbing a brace. The Schalke game was very difficult as they defended quite deep - I wasn't overly happy with a draw but in the context of the match I was content to take it. However, we got a free-kick in the 93rd minute and in true David Beckham against Greece fashion, centre back Torsten Gartner absolutely smashed it home to give us the win and put us through. Absolute scenes.

1f44bf74005180f979028a458aa2f8f6.png

We have a final match with Lazio to decide who will top the group, but if we avoid defeat we will do it.

5e5bb8e31ef0d1bdf3a0314493eed672.png

Another strong month in the league. It looked like we would never take the lead against Marseille but Tonelli tapped home in the 79th minute after a great ball from Maletic. AC Ajaccio were brushed aside comfortably after a hard fought victory at Stade Malherbe Caen. We recorded our first draw of the league season in a tricky away game at Monaco. Smirnov actually gave us the lead early on and I thought we'd continue our incredible winning record, but the man that I sold to Monaco all those moons ago, Marcelao popped up and scored against us like he has so consistently over the years to snatch a point. Not a bad result from one of our trickiest games of the season on paper.

0afb0543cc6e03316c27b699685e0b25.png

We're 8 points clear of PSG, with FC Sochaux right up there too, and Monaco now 10 points behind us.

ef434e7678b066975012d98fe0c41bbc.png

Kabongo has returned to management after a month and a bit of unemployment. He's taken a bit of a step down to join Middlesbrough, who he spent 5 seasons with in his early career (not sure why it says 24 years?).

f285058398fe48ac533e8ec15bfa08e7.png

Middlesbrough are currently 15th in the Championship - let's hope that Kabongo can help them return to the Premier League after a 5 year absence.

December

d2a0b89a0c20d4c3ff18dec10f874f6f.png

We beat Bastia to get through in the Coupe de la Ligue - they really didn't put up much of a fight.

2238b2db653cad6f85cfa953feda646b.png

We only needed to avoid defeat against Lazio to top the group and we did. I would've liked to have won but I can't complain too much really.

41615d730205f7cba9a5af7afec271d4.png

Topped the group and did it unbeaten, not too bad really. I'll be returning to Old Trafford as we've drawn Man United once again.

2ba70bdf845026db92d927ad4d020578.png

Not too bad a month really :D We're having no troubles at all beating the smaller teams this season, which is great to see, long may it continue.

05f3fdc3f21b90011cf0676fccd1f74a.png

We're 9 points ahead of Monaco with a game in hand, with PSG 12 points behind. There's also Sochaux who are 8 points behind but we have 2 games in hand and the other guys have a game in hand on them. I'm expecting Sochaux to fade away at some point but we shall see.

January

Transfers Out

c872f05872f9385fd574fa5611238a77.png

I didn't really want to sell our GK, but Bresson was very keen to go and he was far from irreplaceable so I cashed in. Wolfsburg were the highest bidder, so off he went.

Transfers In

767c58506d7c4374b2ddb67ce3a42e78.png

Benjamin Radojewski comes in to replace Bresson as first choice GK. He's roughly the same level as Bresson despite only costing £5M. I'm not sure why he was so cheap, but I can't complain. The 28 year old German is a good experienced GK, it seems mental that he's only played for Germany 1 time, but I suppose with the likes of Timo Gottel ahead of him perhaps it's not that surprising. Frank Mohammed was a complete luxury signing - well not really a luxury signing as he's a fantastic DM/CM who instantly becomes our best midfielder, but I wouldn't usually spend such a big amount of money when there wasn't really a need to bring in a new midfielder. But we're top of the table and this will probably be my last season if we win the league and a 'V' club becomes available in the summer, so I thought **** it - he's my van Persie.

78f104f73c0bcbdeddedd5db940cf391.png

We started 2048 terribly. I wouldn't blame our new GK for this loss as he wasn't noticeably bad, but we did put in a terrible display and fully deserved to get knocked out of the French Cup at the first hurdle.

7d56f86b309ca505cb3f4a130f781a91.png

We went through in the Coupe de la Ligue, although only just and it looked like we might never score at one point.

502cd87dc330b4d32aa841823b2a7016.png

We suffered two consecutive defeats in all competitions for the first time in the season, as Lyon yet again beat us. They're the only side who have managed it in the league and I'm really not sure why they're so special. We bounced back to barely scrape past bottom side Bordeaux away from home, but we've got back on form against, admittedly 19th place, Bastia, with a smashing 6-0 win.

56ec70d460a6f8f711fc92b50ab9df36.png

We're 7 points clear of Monaco with 2 games in hand, although one of these games in hand is against PSG, and is also our very next match. We're reaching the business end of the season where we will truly see whether we are good enough to win the league, hopefully we are.

362662fb21c388dbd824a374ec19461a.png

A bit of a blow as Smirnov's knock in the Bastia game turns out to be a knee injury that will keep him out for up to 7 weeks. We coped without him for the first 7 weeks or so of the season, let's hope we can do so again now.

2aae6e76ef8a008c1d1205c9175356ce.png

In an absolutely massive **** up I managed to forget to add our new Goalkeeper to our CL squad. This not only means we will have to use our backup choice in CL games, but also really pissed off Radojewski. I did get the option to tell him it was nothing more than an admin mistake, but he was understandably still quite pissed off :D

February

1254628520820da6b9ea834619c58195.png

We struggled for goals against Lens and the match ended up going to extra-time which was really annoying as we could do without an extra half hour, especially with the injuries we've got at the moment. We managed to win on penalties though and have the chance to retain the trophy against Nantes.

ac66900b917950a5370273ac5065bcaa.png

I was a bit skeptical about using our back-up keeper who has barely featured during his tenure at the club, but he went and put in a MOTM performance against United at Old Trafford - I bet Radojewski was gutted! I didn't expect to get an away goal out of this as we didn't threaten much, but then Maletic managed to break through and get taken down to win a penalty, which captain Prospero Boucaud calmly converted to give us a huge away goal.

a8f54fe0bdadfadd9beb4a100c50a79f.png

We started the month off quite badly as we lost to PSG - it was not a bad loss like many of our losses over the years to them have been, we put up a good fight but they scored a great goal late on and we couldn't get an equaliser. Our next 3 matches saw us win our games quite comfortably - I was especially pleased we managed to beat Sochaux away from home so comfortably as they've been good this season .The last couple of games against Lille and Nice have been a real struggle - it didn't look like we'd ever score against Lille and we barely hung on at home to Nice.

03399922bcb21900308a44b8dc073b4a.png

9 games to go and we're 11 points clear. We're in a great position, but we definitely feel like we've been hanging on a bit in the last two games. We still have Monaco to play, but overall our run in isn't too bad - although we do have the Champions League and Coupe de la Ligue matches to consider. Smirnov will miss another 2 weeks but he will be back again soon which will be a boost.

March

af6eadfaca3eac6453432966808605d7.png

I was pretty surprised just how comfortably we managed to beat United tbf. Anthony Hagan didn't put in a great performance on his return to Toulouse, neither did Oriol Gomez, my old CAM who is still playing for United regularly at the age of 38! But a lot of our players put in good performances that saw us reach the Quarter Final, where we will face Real Madrid. No pressure!

d28708457098ca3fd6c2ee0da834dc6f.png

It's been another month of slow and difficult victories, but victories they still are. The Montpellier and Lille match were nearly identical as there was just a minute seperating the time we scored our first goal in each game. Marseille was a bit more comfortable, as despite a late consolation they never looked like getting back in the game.

65f45302e06a31e31c0dbc152e598429.png

11 points clear with 6 games to go. We're so close to the elusive title!

3f5fa006abb9779b2c330130ccd7d4c9.png

Oh I see how it is. Sack me and now they're gonna come and use my facilities?! Tbf I hold no grudge against the Spanish for sacking me anyway as we should've done better than we did. But still :D

I think I've genuinely just played the most dramatic two leg affair throughout my entire career in this save. Just mental stuff. Absolutely insane.

April

1414c05a81ae6a41030bb14d6dce0245.png

We retained the Coupe de la Ligue after beating Nantes 3-1 - Smirnov's brace secured the win.

b4d280fb526776bb0db9cc6c084d353e.png

A really fantastic set of performances. Smirnov grabbed 4 against Real Madrid in a real demonstration of our power, despite this though Real Madrid did get 3 away goals which could have potentially cost us. Smirnov opened the scoring in the away leg though and Madrid had no answer, so we were through to the Semi Final!

We got my old side Juventus yet again, the same side who unfortunately knocked us out of last season. What would happen this year?...

7e0c1fbd532f3292da0a21486dcf508b.png

A terrible performance. I can't really blame the back-up goalkeeper as it was a team effort and we defended terribly as a team. I think it was a combination of Juve having a really good day and us having a really bad day. We really should have scored at least two goals though as in the second half especially, where they only scored once, we did really threaten them and had good chances. To add injury to insult, Smirnov did his knee again which put him out not just for the second leg but for the rest of the season. On top of that we had failed to secure an away goal and a 4-0 loss, so we were pretty much out, right? Right?

707cbfbc773842818c74249943812b80.png

In an unbelievable turnaround of events we actually managed to pull off the 4-0 victory at home to take the match to extra-time. It was the polar opposite of the reverse fixture, we were on fire and Juventus just couldn't handle us. It ended up going to penalties and it was absolutely gutting to lose out on penalties after one of the most dramatic matches I've ever managed in.

6fa471d5a8ffb41eaa0d27ffe2edf84f.png

We slipped up twice this month - once in an absolutely mental game at Ajaccio, who themselves are fighting for their lives down at the bottom of the table. Despite putting 4 past them we couldn't get all 3 points and had to settle for a draw. We then lost 1-0 at home to Monaco. Have we bottled it? Have PSG got back in it?!

f8197c0ce922f08da2d87fcca7549047.png

Nope. PSG picked a fantastic time to drop points as the team who have beaten us twice this season, Lyon, picked up a massive win against PSG that meant by drawing with Ajaccio we actually gained a point on them :D By the time Monaco beat us the damage was pretty much done. Unless we lose all 3 of our remaining matches then we are champions!

May

5aaffa110415051e0cceef2809dbf82e.png

We won our final 3 games which meant we won the league on our own terms, which included a fantastic late winner in our final game of the season against LEMANS which could well be my final ever Toulouse game.

f3129db27a954b1de48c21dc14be2ad8.png

Toulouse are champions for the first time in their history \o/

Season 34 (T)oulouse

eaffb860db9f008997c2acd202383d25.png

A fantastic season really. I wasn't sure if we'd be able to win the league this season after the poor end to last season, but it seems like our buy low and young and sell high strategy finally paid off, as we finally had the money and reputation to bring in top quality players that could win us the league. We did it in fantastic fashion tbf and I was really pleased with how strong we were in the league from the get go. I was pleased to retain the Coupe de la Ligue of course - a bit disappointing to go out of the French Cup early but didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I was pleased with our Champions League run too, albeit a bit gutted in the way we went out, but still a memorable run.

Squad pt 1, pt 2

GK - Guillaime Bresson did pretty well until he left in January. Benjamin Radojewski came in and was fine, not quite as good as Bresson or Gottel were in previous years, but he did enough to keep us in the hunt for the title. There was of course that **** up in the CL registration though which has left him with a massive resentment against me :D

DR - Geoffrey Lemaire was an absolute steal for £10M from Montpellier. He slotted in like he'd been playing for us his whole career and is a very talented player.

DL - Sergey Makeev is not the ultimate left back, but the versatile Russian did reasonably well for us this season. Frederic Monnot did pretty well when given the chance to play LB too.

DC - Tristan van Lieshout and Torsten Gartner are a fantastic pair of CB's and no doubt a huge part of the reason why we won the league.

DM - Nial Millar was a great buy for £11M from Man United and was a rock at DM this year.

MC - Casper Richter dislodged Boucaud for first choice and it is really mental that he only cost us £4M. Frank Mohammed was signed in January of course, not for £4M, for £30M, and he was fully worth the price putting in loads of great performances. Boucaud didn't feature hugely but he was a great rotation player and scored a fair few important goals throughout the season.

AMR - Ettore Tonelli came back with a vengeance after barely getting game time at Schalke. He was one of few ever presents and did great, with 23 assists and 22 goals in 54 games.

AML - Stefan Maletic was our first choice AML when Smirnov was fit to play striker. Maletic did great and ended the season with 12 assists and 30 goals, although a fair few of those goals came at ST. Luca Anghileri did well at AML when Maletic was at ST.

CAM - Carsten Olbrich was fantastic in his first full season for the club, he ended it with 21 assists and 14 goals in 44 games - he was central to our attacks and arguably our best player.

ST - Patrick Smirnov played here when he was fit, which tbf wasn't hugely often. He only ended up starting 24 games, but he did score 27 goals and was only 3 goals away from equaling Maletic as top scorer.

History

2015/16    Arsenal             Premier League    1st           Premier League winners
2046/47    Toulouse            Ligue 1           3rd           World Club Cup, European Super Cup and Coupe de la Ligue winners
2047/48    Toulouse            Ligue 1           1st           Ligue 1 & Coupe de la Ligue winners

Trophy Cabinet

European Super Cup  x3 - 2017/18 (Borussia Dortmund), 2045/46, 2046/47 (Toulouse) 
World Club Cup      x1 - 2046/47 (Toulouse)

Ligue 1           x1 - 2047/48 (Toulouse)
Coupe de la Ligue x2 - 2046/47, 2047/48 (Toulouse)

Kabongo-Watch

Kabongo was sacked by Fulham quite early in the season after failing to improve on their average mid-table form of last season, however it would seem he didn't actually do that bad a job in keeping them in 13th place, as his replacement, Andy King, got them relegated.

Paterne himself took a drop down to the Championship to take another one of his former clubs, Middlesbrough, who sat in the lower mid table of the Championship. Could he transform their season and get them promoted back to the Premier League?

7958a2f2262b100ea3ecce5828e14564.png

Nope. They ended up in 16th place, which is 8 places worse than their finish last season. They were in a bit of a pickle when he took over though, so maybe with a full season and some signing over the summer he can get them back on track next season.

Now the moment you've all been waiting for...

It's been 6 years in-game time since the last BET-PH71. 6 weeks in real life time. But finally...finally we're gonna get a V club now, right? Right?

Well I believe it was jim owen who said when the V managers kept getting sacked that when we wanted the job we wouldn't get it. And he may well have been right...

V-Watch

a7eb471878074f94ff8a0f6ad2756503.png

Valencia didn't have an amazing season by their standards, but a 5th place finish was enough for Tin Jedvaj to keep his job for now. Manuel Neuer got Villarreal back up to 6th and into Europe so he kept his job, whilst Valladolid, managed by regen, Aitor Palacios, finished higher this season than have in the previous 13 years - so safe to say he's well in a job for now too.

So it seems I might have another season at Toulouse, unless anything crazy happens over the summer with any of those managers taking another job, or hopefully they'll get sacked early in the next season.

e21c26c623201fab51db8e95a543b0cb.png

If only they'd all sack their managers as often as Real Madrid. I must genuinely be in at least double figures for the amount of times I've been offered this job now :D

Well that didn't take long. I just spent about 15 minutes sorting out some scouting to try and work out what positions I could improve on my already championship winning team, including actually completing a future transfer for a £25M new German DM who looks very impressive. The manager merry go-round quickly commenced though as by rejecting the Real Madrid job I set off a chain of events that led to one of the V-jobs becoming vacant.

Well guys... you know the drill by now!

BET-PH71:

Rules:

• Every poster starts this thread with £10 to spend on BET-PH71.
  • You can only make one bet in each round.
  • You can use this money to bet on each different BET-PH71 when I move to a new club.
  • You can bet as much or as little as you like on each one.
  • If you select the winning club then you get the profit/winnings added to your overall total.
  • Once you go bust that's it - you're out!

BET-PH71:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Username       Bets Made      Bets Won     Bets Lost     Balance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Koetzer            6              5            1         £84.00
SounessTash        7              4            3         £60.00
glennuk            4              2            2         £43.00
Wavelberry        11              4            7         £38.00
Sven.              1              1            0         £28.00
deltablue          8              5            3         £25.00
DB08               5              2            3         £23.00
tastaiwan          3              2            1         £17.00
andychar           6              3            3         £14.00
jim owen           5              2            3         £11.00
Orikoru            6              3            3         £11.00
apchivers         15              6            9         £10.00
sherwinriga        7              3            4         £13.00
GDH38              1              0            1          £8.00
MDH2001            1              0            1          £8.00
ExeChris          10              3            7          £7.00
ManUTactician247   2              0            2          £7.00
Bitner             6              1            5          £6.00
DodgeeD            6              1            5          £5.00
Lenzar             3              0            3          £5.00
Cougar2010         3              0            3          £5.00
grindline          1              0            1          £5.00
Hairyflump         1              0            1          £5.00
Maaka              4              1            3          £4.00
RobAlridge4810     1              0            1          £1.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nobby_McDonald     4              1            3        £155.83 (BANKRUPT) 
nie jem frytek     6              3            3         £29.00 (BANKRUPT)
Maw74             12              4            8          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
Mr Adam            1              0            1          £0.00 (BANKRUPT) 
RSJ                1              0            1          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
Northernpilgrim    2              2            0          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
dllu               2              0            2          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
nomorezen          2              0            2          £0.00 (BANKRUPT) 
Kalemlyco          7              0            7          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
LeedsUnitedFan2   13              1           12        £-96.00 (BANKRUPT)

a901a82c59bb040ab6bcb09a74c26d7a.png

Valencia - 3/1

Valladolid - 3/1

Villarreal - 3-1

Archived