Sports Interactive Community
PaulHartman71

[FM15] The Hart Chronicles - Volume I: Paul Hart's Alphabet Career

Congratulations to ExeChris, Wavelberry, andychar, Koetzer, SounessTash, glennuk, nie jem frytek and Orikoru who all correctly guessed Toulouse. I'm not sure if 8 is a record, think it my well be a joint record, but still a lot of people made a lot of money!

The top of the table makes for quite interesting reading. apchivers has been a mainstay at the top for months, he shockingly dropped down to 3rd place after 'S' and now he has unthinkably fallen as low as 8th! SounessTash and Koetzer were joint at the top of the table, they both guessed correctly this time again but SounessTash taking a slightly bigger risk paid off as he's shot to 1st place, now £7.50 ahead of Koetzer. glennuk took a big risk too and that risk too him all the way from 8th to 3rd place. Wavelberry was another riser as he's now up to 4th place.

ExeChris made a decent rise from near the bottom of the table to a more mid-table position, whilst andychar has put himself into a far more healthy situation now he has a whole fiver. Orikoru also made some steady progress up the table after correctly guessing I wouldn't dare manage Tottenham. Finally it was a good win for nie jem frytek who is now on just under £30, though still quite far behind Nobby in the bankrupt table.

Speaking of bankrupt, Maw74 went bankrupt after attempting to bet £100, instead only betting the £1.40 he had left. Since he is now bankrupt he will at least be able to bet high amounts to challenge Nobby and nie jem frytek in the bankrupt league. tastaiwan fell down the table a little thanks to guessing wrong and others below guessing right, whilst jim owen has too seen better days in the table. Bitner's cautious bet prevents him from falling too far down the table. Last but by no means least (unless you're talking about who has the least money) was the ever unlucky LeedsUnitedFan2 who risked it all trying to make a big profit - he instead doubled his debts and now sits at £-48.00.

BET-PH71:

Rules:

• Every poster starts this thread with £10 to spend on BET-PH71.
  • You can only make one bet in each round.
  • You can use this money to bet on each different BET-PH71 when I move to a new club.
  • You can bet as much or as little as you like on each one.
  • If you select the winning club then you get the profit/winnings added to your overall total.
  • Once you go bust that's it - you're out!

BET-PH71:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Username       Bets Made      Bets Won     Bets Lost     Balance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SounessTash        6              4            2         £67.50
Koetzer            5              4            1         £60.00
glennuk            3              2            1         £48.80
Wavelberry        11              4            7         £38.00
Sven.              1              1            0         £28.00
deltablue          8              5            3         £25.00
jim owen           4              2            2         £21.00
apchivers         14              6            8         £20.00
Orikoru            5              3            2         £14.00
tastaiwan          2              1            1         £11.00
DB08               4              1            3         £11.00
sherwinriga        6              2            4         £10.00
ExeChris           9              3            6          £9.00
GDH38              1              0            1          £8.00
MDH2001            1              0            1          £8.00
ManUTactician247   2              0            2          £7.00
Bitner             6              1            5          £6.00
DodgeeD            6              1            5          £5.00
Lenzar             3              0            3          £5.00
Cougar2010         3              0            3          £5.00
grindline          1              0            1          £5.00
Hairyflump         1              0            1          £5.00
andychar           5              2            3          £5.00
Maaka              4              1            3          £4.00
RobAlridge4810     1              0            1          £1.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nobby_McDonald     4              1            3        £155.83 (BANKRUPT) 
nie jem frytek     5              3            2         £29.99 (BANKRUPT)
Maw74             12              4            8          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
Mr Adam            1              0            1          £0.00 (BANKRUPT) 
RSJ                1              0            1          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
Northernpilgrim    2              2            0          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
dllu               2              0            2          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
nomorezen          2              0            2          £0.00 (BANKRUPT) 
Kalemlyco          7              0            7          £0.00 (BANKRUPT)
LeedsUnitedFan2   12              1           11        £-48.00 (BANKRUPT)

Not too much to say really...

4ec8b20ba40e1bea05e402aa3db36b97.png

The Toulouse manager expressed interest in the higher profile (and probably paid) Lens job which I noticed in my inbox. I'd kind forgot to keep track of 'T's to be honest so it came as a welcome surprise. Toulouse just about stayed up in Ligue 1 which was good. I suppose I got quite lucky that their manager fancied a change as it doesn't seem he would've been sacked unless relegated.

be68a6d7ae6892de684ec92c16c0b98b.png

That guy took charge of Lens and so I applied for the Toulouse job and I was successful...

8b53ca33155b017d42decb66c9f451ef.png

Apart from being France manager I haven't managed in France before in this save, not intentionally at all as I was actively searching out the PSG and Monaco jobs and would've happily taken pretty much any club from Ligue 1. I always enjoy the French league and very often my long term save games starting at an unplayable team and working my way up with that team are based in France with small French teams. I think it will depend heavily on 'U' teams - really doesn't seem to be that much of interest club-wise, primarily lower league French sides, as well as Ura and Ufa of the Russian Premier League - not hugely appealing especially since I'll have to go back to Russia for Zenit anyway.

The interesting thing about 'U' is the international jobs. Ukraine aren't particularly interesting to me as I've managed European sides before, but both the U.S.A and Uruguay are very interesting prospects as it would give me an opportunity to manage in North or South America. I'd say watch this space after the World Cup as I may take the job if either of the manager's of each of those teams get the chop.

I wouldn't mind spending a long time at Toulouse to try and get them to the point of winning Ligue 1, which would probably take at least 3 or 4 seasons, if not more, so I could always wait for either 'U' nation as there will be other international tournaments that their manager's can fail in and get sacked from.

Planning to only be at the top of the betting ring once - and when it matters most :)

As for U - what about Udinese?

I'm happy to be back up to £5. I want to at least make my money last to Z (even though I was a late comer). Good luck in France!

Planning to only be at the top of the betting ring once - and when it matters most :)

As for U - what about Udinese?

Yeah that's not a bad shout actually. I don't recall seeing them last night so either I missed them or they've been relegated below Serie B and are no longer playable which would be some story.

World Cup Warm-Up

192360660e0645e1bdda9e00cb15b4e5.png

The World Cup is in Germany this year so this gave me the perfect excuse to set up a friendly with my old side Borussia Dortmund. They finished 5th in the Bundesliga last season so they're a decent side, although I'm assuming most of their better international players would've already been with their World Cup squads so this wasn't a full strength side by any stretch. A decent 3-1 win though.

I then opted for a bit of semi-scouting as I picked friendlies with two possible 'U' sides in Uruguay and the USA. We beat Uruguay quite comfortably but unfortunately could only get a draw with the USA - perhaps a sign that USA are the better side and I should go there? ;)

World Cup Group Stage

ea25cd14c5b3b27993f685f674427b03.png

Well we absolutely smashed it! We thrashed every one of our (admittedly quite easy) group in absolute style, scoring 5 goals twice and 4 goals once. The team is looking really up for the World Cup and I have high hopes for them now. I don't want to get too carried away before we play a good side though.

f9d39c74a304562b66eeb7f914d03df3.png

The draw has been made for the Second Round and we have an interesting tie in France. Not only am I about to start my first season managing in the French league, but I of course previously won the World Cup with France (now 20 years ago :eek:). We'll have to see how we fair against tougher opposition in France as they'll by no means be an easy team to play.

World Cup Second Round

d270da7dcf8a37822fd32a5ad90d57a9.png

Well maybe I didn't have much to worry about after all? :D We smashed France 4-0 and to be honest we could have had 5 or 6. I'm not sure what happened defensively for them but they were awful. This is a huge win for us and should give us even more confidence going into our Quarter Final against Brazil. I don't want to get too carried away but it's looking very good!

World Cup Quarter Final

674fe626c269a4aa6cc8e7b4200dccb9.png

This match was probably one of the biggest roller-coasters of stress in my entire save game so far. The first half was a real slug fest, most of the action was in the middle of the pitch, neither us or Brazil particularly looked like scoring at any point. I wasn't too happy with our performance as we didn't look near our best going forward, Mikel Arteta bollocked them at half-time, and this appeared to pay off as we scored a well worked goal just 1 minute into the second half. I thought we would go on and win comfortably after this but Brazil had other ideas. They were all over us for ages but thanks to last ditch tackles and some poor misses they couldn't score, that was until we gave away a stupid penalty in the 70th minute, which Brazil of course scored from. By this point a lot of our players were very tired, especially the defensive ones, and due to some injuries we didn't have a replacement DM or CB I could bring on for the guys who were already out on there feet.

We somehow dragged it to extra-time despite Brazil being all over us. I really have no idea how we even made it to the penalty shoot-out. Brazil dominated pretty much for 30 minutes of extra-time. I have no idea how they didn't score, a few good saves and tackles were made, but they should have had 3 or 4, their finishing on a few of the shots was shocking though and there were several times I thought they'd scored but they hadn't. In the 115th minute, Nicolas Pons put in an absolutely unbelievable cross straight into the middle of the box, where Adolfo Prieto was unmarked, he had 5 goals in the tournament already, surely he would get his 6th and put us through, but no, he blew an absolutely golden chance and hit it straight at the keeper. I couldn't believe it.

Then there was the penalty shoot-out. Brazil's first taker smashed his penalty against the bar, instantly putting us in prime position. Oriol Gomez, my trusted captain, ex-United player, comfortably smashed his penalty home to put us 1-0 up. Brazil then scored their next penalty and so did we. So after 2 penalties each it was 2-1. Arruda then stepped up for Brazil and he missed. Tomas' penalty could have made it 3-1 and put us into a fantastic position but he hit the post. Brazil's next taker stepped up and scored, making it 2-2, then we had Prieto step up, he missed his chance earlier but he didn't miss the chance to make it 3-2 after 4 penalties each. It was Brazil's last penalty and they had to score to stay in the World Cup - of course they scored it. We then had Villagra step up, if he scored, we won and were through. Surely he would score it? He smashed it against the bar instead, which took it to sudden death.

It was 3-3 after 5 penalties. I thought surely the shoot-out couldn't last long as there had already been 4 really poor penalties from the first 10. But somehow at this point both us and them started putting in world class penalty after world class penalty. Everyone was scoring their penalties. Even the full backs and the Goalkeepers scored (admittedly our Goalkeeper put in an utterly **** penalty, no idea how it somehow went in). Brazil obviously went first so I spent all of their penalties praying they'd miss one but they just weren't missing. So I spent about 10 penalties watching and praying that we'd score and we thankfully did for a while until it got all the way back to Prieto. The 15th round of the shoot-out and Prieto had to score, he looked to place it in the bottom right hand corner but their keeper ****ing saved it to knock us out. Gutting. Absolutely gutting.

It's a real shame to have been eliminated at the Quarter Final stage as I really believed this team could go on and win the thing. Getting eliminated at the Quarter Finals with Spain is real failure as well. I don't appear to be getting sacked but I think most F.A's usually leave it until the World Cup is finished before sacking a manager so I could well get the sack for the first time in my illustrious career.

Germany have just retained the World Cup, in Germany, which has now taken them above Brazil as having won the most ever World Cups :D

b406f234433506606d162512aa6f7b86.png

And so for the first time in my illustrious career... I have been sacked.

I can't say I blame them tbf I think we got a bit unlucky with a few injuries but we should have definitely at least reached the Semi Finals. The Quarter Finals are a huge failure for Spain so as much as I did want to make amends and go and win the Euros (a competition I'm yet to win and now looks very likely I never will win) I can't really blame them or be too bitter to them for sacking me. Replacing me with Diego Costa though ffs :D

Season 28 (S)pain

We had a very good tournament up to the Quarter Final. Of course we had a very easy group but we were absolutely dominating and even smashed France 4-0 in the Second Round. Brazil were a very hard team to break down though and whilst they couldn't beat us in normal or extra-time, they did manage it on penalties (after about 15 rounds of them).

6d56aaf23a7586f80f79d7f2bbf77761.png

We had a good first 11 for the tournament with great squad players like Nicolas Pons, Joseba Larringa to come off the bench as well. We were without Mohamed Saidi who did very well in qualifying and was a real loss but we should have done better despite not having him. Oriol Gomez who I knew from my time at United was a vital part of the team as well as my hand picked captain.

45d5283c2b77f4f0d1c51c7ff0088846.png

It says a lot about how good we were that despite getting eliminated in the Quarter Final stage, Luis and Adolfo Prieto still ended up as 1st and 2nd in the Best Player award category.

History

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                Division          Position      Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Arsenal             Premier League    2nd           League Cup winners 
2015/16    Arsenal             Premier League    1st           Champions
2016/17    Borussia Dortmund   Bundesliga        3rd           German Cup & Europa League winners
2017/18    Borussia Dortmund   Bundesliga        2nd           Euro Super Cup & German Super Cup winners
2017       Cameroon            N/A               N/A           Confederations Cup runners up 
2018       Cameroon            N/A               N/A           N/A
2019       Cameroon            N/A               N/A           African Cup of Nations winners 
2018/19    Dinamo Moscow       Russian PL        2nd           Russian Cup winners
2019/20    Everton             Premier League    2nd           N/A
2020/21    Everton             Premier League    7th           League Cup winners & Champions League runners up
2020       France              N/A               N/A           N/A
2021       France              N/A               N/A           European Nations League winner
2022       France              N/A               N/A           World Cup winner
2021/22    Getafe              La Liga           5th           Qualified for Europa League
2022/23    Getafe              La Liga           9th           Europa League semi finalists 
2022       Holland             N/A               N/A           N/A
2023       Holland             N/A               N/A           N/A
2024       Holland             N/A               N/A           European Championship runners up
2023/24    Ipswich Town        Championship      1st           Promoted as Champions  
2024/25    Ipswich Town        Premier League    13th          N/A
2025/26    Ipswich Town        Premier League    4th           N/A
2026/27    Ipswich Town        Premier League    4th           N/A
2027/28    Ipswich Town        Premier League    1st           Premier League & FA Cup winners
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2028/29    Juventus            Serie A           1st           Serie A, Italian Cup & Super Cup winners 
2029/30    Juventus            Serie A           1st           Serie A, Champions League, Italian Cup & Super Cup winners
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030/31    Kuban               Russian PL        6th           Qualified for Europa League
2031/32    Kuban               Russian PL        7th           Left in November
2031/32    Liverpool           Premier League    6th           Joined in November. FA Cup winners.
2032/33    Liverpool           Premier League    2nd           Europa League & Community Shield winners
2033/34    Man United          Premier League    1st           Premier League, League Cup & Community Shield winners
2034/35    NAC Breda           Eredivisie        3rd           Qualified for Europa League
2035/36    NAC Breda           Eredivisie        7th           Left in December
2035/36    Olympiakos          Greek SL          3rd           Joined in December. Greek Cup winners & Qualified for CL.
2036/37    Porto               Portuguese PL     1st           Portuguese PL & League Cup
2037/38    Porto               Portuguese PL     1st           Portuguese PL, FA Cup & Super Cup
2038/39    Porto               Portuguese PL     4th           Super Cup winners. Left in April. 
2038/39    Q.P.R.              Premier League    19th          Relegated
2039/40    Q.P.R.              Championship      2nd           Promoted 
2040/41    Rangers             Scottish PL       3rd           Scottish Cup and League Cup winners
2041/42    Rangers             Scottish PL       1st           Scottish PL winners 
2040       Spain               N/A               N/A           N/A 
2041       Spain               N/A               N/A           N/A
2042       Spain               N/A               N/A           World Cup quarter finalists. Sacked. 

Trophy Cabinet

World Cup               x1 - 2022 (France)
African Cup of Nations  x1 - 2019 (Cameroon)
European Nations League x1 - 2021 (France)

Champions League    x1 - 2029/30 (Juventus)
Europa League       x2 - 2016/17 (Borussia Dortmund), 2032/33 (Liverpool) 
European Super Cup  x1 - 2017/18 (Borussia Dortmund)

Premier League    x3 - 2015/16 (Arsenal), 2027/28 (Ipswich), 2033/34 (Man United)
FA Cup            x2 - 2027/28 (Ipswich), 2031/32 (Liverpool) 
League Cup        x3 - 2014/15 (Arsenal), 2020/21 (Everton), 2033/34 (Man United)
Community Shield  x2 - 2032/33 (Liverpool), 2033/34 (Man United)   
Championship      x1 - 2023/24 (Ipswich) 

German Cup        x1 - 2016/17 (Borussia Dortmund)
German Super Cup  x1 - 2017/18 (Borussia Dortmund)

Greek Cup   x1 - 2035/36 (Olympiakos)

Serie A           x2 - 2028/29, 2029/30 (Juventus)
Italian Cup       x2 - 2028/29, 2029/30 (Juventus)
Italian Super Cup x2 - 2028/29, 2029/30 (Juventus) 

Portuguese PL          x2 - 2036/37, 2037/38 (Porto)
Portuguese Cup         x1 - 2037/38 (Porto)
Portuguese League Cup  x1 - 3036/37 (Porto)
Portuguese Super Cup   x2 - 2037/38 (Porto), 2038/39 (Porto)

Russian Cup x1 - 2018/19 (Dinamo Moscow)

Scottish PL         x1 - 2041/42 (Rangers)
Scottish Cup        x1 - 2040/41 (Rangers)
Scottish League Cup x1 - 2040/41 (Rangers)

They say every cloud has a silver lining - and in this case, it does. I might have been sacked by Spain :( but this has meant that I can tick off 'U' earlier than I might have expected. I took over from another unlucky manager who got sacked at the World Cup.

BET-PH71:

Rules:

• You can use this money to bet on each different BET-PH71 when I move to a new club.
  • If you select the winning club then you get the profit/winnings added to your overall total.

BET-PH71:

SounessTash        6              4            2         £67.50
Koetzer            5              4            1         £60.00
glennuk            3              2            1         £48.80
jim owen           4              2            2         £21.00
apchivers         14              6            8         £20.00
Orikoru            5              3            2         £14.00
tastaiwan          2              1            1         £11.00
DB08               4              1            3         £11.00
sherwinriga        6              2            4         £10.00
ExeChris           9              3            6          £9.00
andychar           5              2            3          £5.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nie jem frytek     5              3            2         £29.99 (BANKRUPT)
LeedsUnitedFan2   12              1           11        £-48.00 (BANKRUPT)

Uruguay - 3/1

USA - 3/1

Ukraine - 3/1

I seem to remember you saying Ukraine got to a final in a previous tournament, so going out in the quarters here could have seen their manager "unluckily" sacked. I'm sticking £3 on them.

Aren't you supposed to start with a country/club whose name starts with 'T' though?

Congratulations to andychar, tastaiwan, Koetzer, DB08 & sherwinriga who all correctly guessed the U.S.A!

andychar has made a considerable rise up the table and he now sits just behind tastaiwan who also made a bit of a rise up the table. Koetzer's win sees him flying high at the top of the table, especially since SounessTash and glennuk both made incorrect guesses. DB08 moves up the 7th place thanks to his 2nd correct guess, whilst sherwinriga's conservative bets appear to be paying up as he slowly makes his way to the top of the table.

Orikoru almost deserved extra bonus cash for remembering Ukraine's previous tournament success, but unfortunately for him, ExeChris and glennuk - their manager avoided the chop, as did the Uruguay manager which was bad news for jim owen, nie jem frytek and SounessTash. It was incredibly bad news for LeedsUnitedFan2 who plunges further into debt, there are now rumours in the pipeline that he might actually be Peter Ridsdale.

BET-PH71:

Rules:

BET-PH71:

Koetzer            6              5            1         £84.00
SounessTash        7              4            3         £60.00
glennuk            4              2            2         £43.00
DB08               5              2            3         £23.00
tastaiwan          3              2            1         £17.00
andychar           6              3            3         £14.00
jim owen           5              2            3         £11.00
Orikoru            6              3            3         £11.00
apchivers         15              6            9         £10.00
sherwinriga        7              3            4         £13.00
ExeChris          10              3            7          £7.00
nie jem frytek     6              3            3         £29.00 (BANKRUPT)
LeedsUnitedFan2   13              1           12        £-96.00 (BANKRUPT)

9a4f7be02faf72318ded1eba89743de3.png

I went for the U.S job and thankfully they wanted to take me on.

5a900b4193693a02d5dbca7c34611861.png

Dale Moreno, my Goalkeeper from Rangers, was immediately appointed captain - onwards and upwards!

July

a32b6312ab2ca645791bf25f0941386c.png

I wasn't given much of a budget to work with at Toulouse when I joined. My main signings were experienced left winger Recep Ilidiz, 30 year left back Locksley Nabab, Adam and young Australian DM/MC Daniel Schwarzer on a free transfer. Our best player is 21 year old French striker Luigi Fiorillo who came through the Academy here at Toulouse. I think him staying fit will be vital in our bid to avoid relegation and more. The team is generally okay. I think there's enough here for us to avoid relegation which is the immediate target, I'm not sure we have the depth in quality to do a whole lot more than that, though there are the foundations for a good side here as there are bucket loads of young players in the youth teams who have the potential to be Ligue 1 players, they're just not there yet.

August

6a3c47485b4e1504a77f6011e64a146b.png

Not the worst start to the season I suppose. The first match of the season was a really frustrating though. Luigi Fiorillo's first half brace put us 2-0 up away from home in our first match - I was buzzing at half-time. At full-time when we'd managed to ship 3 goals and blow it completely - not so much. I thought we did better in our next two matches as we drew 1-1 home and away at Stade Rennais and Lyon which wasn't too bad. Luigi Fiorillo then scored a very nice second half goal to give us a 1-0 home win against Valenciennes which was also our first win of the season. We then lost 1-0 to Montpellier which was really frustrating as we could have equalised numerous times in the second half.

Luigi Fiorillo has certainly shown his worth to the team so far - unfortunately he will miss pretty much all of September due to an injury picked up in the Montpellier game :(

b42679004715f7281db0f07e4a8d317e.png

Early days yet.

4642eae90c33cf7237d1a5458ed7c067.png

Sad news as Paterne Kabongo, the best player that I've ever managed, will retire at the end of the season. Kabongo is 40 in January yet he still finds himself playing Premier League football for Fulham, who took him on last season for just £160K from United. Kabongo ended his Man United career with 622 goals in 882 games. I'll work out his career total when he retires at the end of the season but I'm pretty sure once I add everything up he'll have come very close to 1,000 goals in his career which is absolutely fantastic.

882409ae78a274f41217f746ba4c83eb.png

Even at 39 he's still got it :D Worth noting as well that this match winning performance has helped put his Fulham side top of the league. That's not a fluke either as his 10 league goals helped Fulham to finish 2nd last season. It would be some way for him to go out if he helped Fulham win the league. He's also still playing at Champions League level as Fulham are obviously in the Group Stages of that, though he's only featured as a sub so far.

September

76af9cd220ab31ed170934c82e596e51.png

I'm not really one for meaningless international friendlies (which probably quite endears me to the club managers of the international sides I manage) but this one was pre-arranged so there was no getting out of it. It was a decent chance to play around with the squad and also to catch a bit of sun - a nice few days in Australia, can't really complain to be fair. Although I'm gonna be spending a lot of time in America, as well as the South of France for Toulouse, so I'm a bit spoiled for choice for weather and scenery at the moment - certainly beats Glasgow :D

We beat Australia 3-1 quite comfortably in the end which was a nice way to start my tenure as the American boss. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! :brock:

September

f3ace485de36935a0e4f96b4427a0fb7.png

A pretty poor month really. Lens was a really frustrating game, we were 2-0 down in the first half but then in the second half we mounted a big comeback with 2 goals in 2 minutes and it looked great - but then Lens scored again soon after to kill us off. We went 1-0 up early against CS Sedan Ardennes too but they came from behind to beat us. We did at least comfortably win 3-0 at home to Stade Malherbe Caen which seemingly came out of nowhere, especially as we then followed that up by losing 2-0 to Sochaux.

5db2991d4767e023f52c37ca20cc1572.png

28876e6d2374e883e242d381d2358669.png

Yeah so it looks like I will actually get the chance to manage a side in Copa America! Admittedly it will only be our U23 side so we'll most likely get dicked against anyone half decent, but it will still be cool to actually have a go in a tournament I otherwise wouldn't have got a chance to play in :cool:

I'm not sure how it will work actually as I'm pretty sure there's a small amount of overlap between the Copa America and the Gold Cup. So in theory I would have to be hopping on plane back and forth from Peru and the U.S to somehow keep managing both sides :D

October

c70c8fd78122810fc5513546b75be44f.png

We comfortably beat Ligue 2 side En Avant de Guingamp 3-0 to progress in the Coupe de la Ligue.

ca2b950a0c0859fd637a9f56fb2407c9.png

Elsewhere it was a first unbeaten month of the season for us. The first two games of the month it was a relief to pick up a point - we came from behind at Metz with two goals in quick succession in the last 10 minutes including an absolute screamer from Prospero Boucaud. We also managed a late equaliser against Bastia which was made more special by the fact it came from 17 year old Dwayne Lambrese who was making his full debut and had only been on the pitch for a few minutes. The Marseille game though was a shambolic result and it was gutting to only get a point. Luigi Fiorilla scored his 2nd goal to put us 3-0 up on the hour mark, away from home, a fantastic result and it would've been an amazing 3 points yet we somehow managed to blow it. We very nearly gave up a 4th goal which would've seen Marseille win too - I think I might have rage resigned if that had happened :D

90e5af0f4fbc1f9d9838865f21fc3a0e.png

Despite picking up 3 points this month it's still not looking too pretty down there

November

003709bd43efc0f145bb8a020e97f3a2.png

A weird month. As expected we lost against the two giants Monaco and PSG. But we managed to start the month well with a 3-1 win against ESTAC Troyes who really, despite scoring a goal, didn't put up much fight at all. AS Saint Ettiene were quite the opposite. We were 2-0 up at half time against them but early in the second half they managed to turn this round to a 3-2 lead against us. It seemed like another massive kick in the teeth so I went all out attack to try and scramble a point from the game. I got just that in the 81st minute when substitute Johnatan Romana popped up with an equaliser. I'm at a point with this team where attack is genuinely the best form of defence, there's no point trying to defend for a point as a lot of the time we're hopeless at defending, so I kept going for it in the hope we might snatch another somehow, we did just that in the 93rd minute thanks to a counter-attack that saw Luigi Fiorillo get in, round their keeper and tap it in to score a heroic 93rd minute winner to get a huge 3 points away from home. This might be the turnaround in fortune we've been crying out for!

5dd3801246ccff8fefa5b7bb6b8036db.png

We're down in 17th but that huge win sees us 4 points off 18th, we're also close behind a fair amount of clubs and could rise up the table with a good run of results.

Typical, you wait ages for Bet-PH71 and two come along in a week I was out of action ;)