Sports Interactive Community
el sid

Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

Conte's (or more accurately, the transfer committee) certainly got a lot of work to do before next year. Could be one of our busiest summers for ages.

GK - fully expect all the Courtois rumours to be wrong, but will probably need new back up as Begovic likely to be looking for first team chances elsewhere.

CB - Terry off, Cahill and Ivanovic shouldn't be first team players, Zouma still learning and coming off a bad injury so lots of work to do here.

FB - Azpi should stay at right back but need cover as Ivanovic is not an option, Baba probably too defensively naive for the big games so need a starter here. Ake?

CM - If Matic is really done we need a new CDM as Mikel doesn't do enough to screen, Fabregas can be amazing but been a passenger most of the season.

AM - Hazard may be going, and if not needs to buck up, Willian obviously golden, not convinced by Pedro, also not sure RLC has the skill needed to play this far forward. Always liked him more further back.

S- Remy and Pato probably not around next year, if Costa can play rather than all the dicking around then he's worth keeping but will need cover and Traore as third probably.

Was so jealous watching De Bruyne today, how I wish we'd have given him a chance.

Why do you expect this?

The whole defense needs overhaul, probably the whole team. And i am not sure why the way the team has been playing like this. Maybe the attack and defense coaching needs to be changed as we don't look productive in either since soo long. It just doesnt work.

So u19's retain the UEFA Youth League. Caught some of it but not all of it due to work. Every time I watch our youth team Kasey Palmer is the stand out player. Rolfe ,or anyone else who has seen more of the youth team this season, do you think he has what it takes to make the step up?

I also have been impressed by Tomori. He goes more under the radar but he always impresses me when I see him. One of the fastest CB I have seen at this level. Composed and looks a real talent along with JCS.

I want to see Rolfe's opinion on Palmer too because imo he is a real talent but I still don't think he is better than Musonda or Boga. Next season will be interesting as you assume he will go out on loan. Abraham too.

Todd kane has ruptured is cruciate ligament in his left knee in a match against Pec Zwolle :(

That's a shame. Hasn't he been playing really well? Can't say I've watched him, but from the occasional reports I've read, he's been quite well received.

There were several reports that he would be in our first team next season as well.

Youth team playing in semi finals of FAYC this evening. No Abraham which makes me wonder if he will be involved with first team tomorrow.

Edit: injured.

Haha, Hiddink though, "look at me, I played ALL the youth". What a shambles

Fabregas really is magic sometimes.

I did particularly enjoy the chants of "You better beat ****ing Tottenham" from our lot :thup:

The memories. I remember going 2-0 down and just sitting in anguish then Ramires scored and that probably was the longest half of football in my match. And then Torres scored... :cool:

I remember going 2-0 down and texting my friend "Don't worry, we got this". Was feeling weirdly confident that day

I was living in Washington DC, so watching it on my laptop trying to be sneaky at work. I just about held it together with Ramires' goal. Then Torres scored and I pretty well lost my ****

Just checking out how some of our loan players are doing, seen that van Ginkel has 6 goals in 9 league games for PSV.

It was a shame he got injured when he did at us.

Is there any truth in the Solanke looking £50k a week rumours? Seems absolutely crazy if true.

Like anything it's been massively overblown, taken out of context and been deliberately put out there by one of the parties (not sure which) for leverage.

We set a dangerous precedent tbh with all the wages we set our youngsters. Chalobah is on at least £30k p/w and has not even made an appearance for the first team. Absolutely crazy that. RLC has features for the first team infrequently this season and we give him a contract worth £40k p/w with some people saying it might be up to 60,000. I think Brown is on at least £20,000 p/w too which is way too much.

So Solanke will use that to his leverage. Truth is the agent has probably advised him to ask for an unrealistic amount in the hope that we will give him at least half of that. For instance imo, Solanke should not even be getting more than £15,000 p/w but with us we like to reward them too young too early. So I think the agent has said because you have asked for a big amount, Chelsea will have no choice but to give you at least £30,000, whereas if Solanke asked for £30,000, we probably might give him less. All about leverage if you ask me.

50k a week for Solanke :D

God I wish I was a young footballer at Chelsea right now

Even if he gets half of that, still quite ridiculous tbh. I actually rate Abraham a bit higher than him as well.

Youth team looking very solid tonight. Tomori scarily athletic.

Not fit to lace Matt Miazga's boots though obviously

Another FA Youth Cup, well done everyone :)

But more Falcaos, Patos and Pedros for the first team next season please :thup:

Pedro is fine tbh. We just wasted time on the likes of Pato and Falcao who are beyond useless. It is a shame because you see the likes of Iwobi playing for Arsenal on merit and flourishing because he is playing with top players. He is not better than Musonda who I wish was integrated into the first team. As said earlier, I rate Abraham more than Solanke and with them being same age category does it really matter if we lose Solanke? I think he will sign a new contract tbh anyway.

Pedro is 'fine' but I'd expect more than that for £19m; I like him but I'm not really sure he adds that much/more than an academy player (Musonda especially springs to mind given how he's done at Betis) would.

Pedro is fine. His direct attacking play is much needed. Actually most of the attack needs to go direct instead of holding up and wasting time.

Can't defend at all. no team cohesion. unless something like an overhaul happens its gonna stay like this next season.

Best goal of the season from Hazard imo.

Best goal of the season from Hazard imo.

He didn't score many others to compare it with. ;)

Yeah I know, it was a tough choice in the end. But Im sticking with this one.

Season (almost) redeemed. Denied Tottenham CL football in 2012 by winning it. Denied them the title this season by bagging it for Ranieri.

Redemption? :D

Thanks to the lads for finally turning up for a half of football

Amazing what Hazard can do when he's neither overweight nor injured

Season (almost) redeemed. Denied Tottenham CL football in 2012 by winning it. Denied them the title this season by bagging it for Ranieri.

Leicester won it on their own, your lot just won a local derby...if you think you handed them the title you are as deluded as our manager:D

or perhaps the plan was all along to lose 11 games and be the worst defence made of a title ever????

Interesting stat: We've won 5 home games all season, and they are against the bottom 4 and Arsenal :D

I am sure Leicester would be ok home to Everton next week so you've not quite won it for them or anything. I did enjoy a bit of niggle last night though

Why on earth did Hazard not start btw?

I would like to see Leicester continue their form for the next two matches and close the season out in style.

Because Hiddink isn't very good.

I am sure Leicester would be ok home to Everton next week so you've not quite won it for them or anything. I did enjoy a bit of niggle last night though

He said he still wants to be careful with him and said after Bournemouth game he is still not 100% match fit. But he still should have started.

Redemption for just speeding up what was inevitable :D

I expect he's back in the starting XI now though?

Yep, defo should be for Sunderland.

Team today is so thoroughly uninspiring. Mikel/Matic partnership. Sigh.

Big fan of Hiddink's 'we have to play a strong side to respect the competition' as if our U14s wouldn't have put more of a shift in that this shower.

Well that's a pretty terrible way for Terry's career to probably end at the club. Sooner this season is over the better, almost nothing we can look back on with any pride or fondness this year