Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

el sid

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Interestingly they've both scored 18 club goals since the start of the 2013-14 season, Welbeck in ten more appearances (I really can't be ****ed to work out the minutes played) but almost certainly fewer as a centre forward.

Are we really discussing Falcao vs Welbeck though ffs? Is this what it's come to? :D

Interestingly they've both scored 18 club goals since the start of the 2013-14 season, Welbeck in ten more appearances (I really can't be ****ed to work out the minutes played) but almost certainly fewer as a centre forward.

Are we really discussing Falcao vs Welbeck though ffs? Is this what it's come to? :D

Seems like a plausible subject considering Falcao's ability now! :)

Of all the players you could have included :lol:
People actually think Welbeck is valued :D

Yeah a player valued and played regularly by SAF, Wenger and Hodgson really isn't valued. Welbeck is being used to prove a point

When played consistently through the middle he has scored goals, yes. He's not an elite goalscorer, but he has so much more to his game that makes up for that. I'd much rather have him in my side than Falcao, anyway.

This.

Welbeck was mostly out wide last season. Or central with Alexis behind so was a bit irrelevant other than to make space for Alexis

Get Christensen in our defence for next season. **** Stones. I mean I would love him here but Everton will play hardball. Back to Christensen, heard he was excellent against Bayern today and is getting better every game he plays. Fantastic :thup:

Agree with this. Why spend £30M+ on someone when we have Christensen who helped shut out Bayern?

Agree with this. Why spend £30M+ on someone when we have Christensen who helped shut out Bayern?

Because the manager is pathologically incapable of giving a genuine chance to players under the age of 23 that he hasn't spent £10+m on. Absolutely no point having any hope for youth players while he s in charge.

I'm from the Bournemouth area, my dad supports them and I've been going to Dean Court a few times a season since I was about 10 so I have a pretty big soft spot for them and always wish them the best but I'm very much a Chelsea fan and wanted a battering tonight. I am much more happy for them than I ever am for another team who beats us though.

If we had an excellent striker, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in right now. Put Aguero in our side and we'd be near the top 4 if not pushing for the title.
Brilliant :D Especially considering the strange criticism of De Bruyne, given that he's been one of City's stand out players this season and has been better/more influential by a mile than Aguero.

Brilliant :D Especially considering the strange criticism of De Bruyne, given that he's been one of City's stand out players this season and has been better/more influential by a mile than Aguero.

Well he didn't do much yesterday. I wasn't commenting on his performances throughout the season because yesterday was the first time I got a chance to watch him.

• Administrators

Not all chances are good chances though. Now you don't have to put a lot of stock in stuff like xG but I do find it a little bit more worthy of consideration than just pure 'chances created' because it at least tries to look at the quality of them and how often they should turn into a goal, and, well.

CVkEADDWwAArZIK.jpg:large

(ignore the plotting on the left, it doesn't relate to Chelsea, just using this as the most recent table I can find offhand)

Ranking 15/20 doesn't sound quite as nice does it? Also, JUST LOOK at the xG against numbers :D :D

Own goal and Willian. Corner turned!

Well considering how well Costa played tonight, it was certainly encouraging. Without a doubt that was probably one of his best performances all season. I wonder if the result would have been the same had Fabregas been playing.

Archived