Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

el sid

4-1 Spurs this weekend, and if Jose's still in charge by the knockout rounds it'd be hilarious to see the damage Barcelona do to this Chelsea side :D

Where do you stand on the Mourinho in or out situation? Relationships ruined and time to leave or still the guy and some players need to buck up their ideas?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Mainly aimed at Phillip but anyone can answer, where do your reserves/development squad play and can fans attend? Looking at heading through for the Celtic game on Friday

It's at Aldershot and it'll be open to the public yeah, usually £3 adults, £1 concessions.

• Administrators
You know any reason why Baker was a sub? Surprised at that.

From what I've read (no idea if Bosz confirmed this) it was a mix of wanting Nakamba's aggression for the derby as well as wanting Yeini in the side for experience as Kashia was injured. Can see the logic to a degree although they were definitely poorer for his absence.

What's a striker supposed to do? Score goals. I wouldn't mind so much if he could actually find the net. Remy / Falcao should be starting instead of him.
Right, so this is where I don't really get where you're coming across. So you deem a potential solution to our **** season one where we sell a world class striker (and one of our best players and reasons why we won the league last year) after only a season and a bit at the club, yet are more than willing to give the manager time as you want us to promote 'stability'?

Mentioning Falcao is just the epitome of clutching at straws as a) he's woeful; b) there's no evidence in the past two years to suggest that he'll return anywhere close to his Atletico form and c) he shouldn't have been brought into the club anyways for the first to reasons. I agree that Remy should be playing much more than he has done this season, as he's a very useful player to have at this level and played well last season but him not featuring is down to who exactly?

Final point. It's clear that Diego Costa is under performing, in relation to his ability and form shown in the past two years, and if he were the only player to do so, you might've had more legitimacy with your point (even in that scenario, selling him would be ridiculous). However, looking at the team, who has performed well or at their level this season? Outside of Willian and Begovic, I think it's not out of the question to say that practically every other member of the starting XI - or players who have featured enough - are not performing to the level that's expected of them or have shown previously (obviously, there are also varying levels of under performance in this team).

Right, so this is where I don't really get where you're coming across. So you deem a potential solution to our **** season one where we sell a world class striker (and one of our best players and reasons why we won the league last year) after only a season and a bit at the club, yet are more than willing to give the manager time as you want us to promote 'stability'?

Mentioning Falcao is just the epitome of clutching at straws as a) he's woeful; b) there's no evidence in the past two years to suggest that he'll return anywhere close to his Atletico form and c) he shouldn't have been brought into the club anyways for the first to reasons. I agree that Remy should be playing much more than he has done this season, as he's a very useful player to have at this level and played well last season but him not featuring is down to who exactly?

Final point. It's clear that Diego Costa is under performing, in relation to his ability and form shown in the past two years, and if he were the only player to do so, you might've had more legitimacy with your point (even in that scenario, selling him would be ridiculous). However, looking at the team, who has performed well or at their level this season? Outside of Willian and Begovic, I think it's not out of the question to say that practically every other member of the starting XI - or players who have featured enough - are not performing to the level that's expected of them or have shown previously (obviously, there are also varying levels of under performance in this team).

The only one mentioning selling Costa is you, so not sure exactly what your entire post is based on? :D

Remy should stop getting injured when we could use him.

Have you not been paying attention to some of our recent games? We create the chances which a world class striker should score, I don't know how many times I've seen Diego Costa no where close to the 6 yard box which is where the ball is has been passed / crossed to frequently. Our problem isn't so much creating the chances at this time, it's finishing them off. The team looked more threatening yesterday than they have done the entire season and funny enough Diego Costa was off the pitch.

Diego Costa has been worse this season than Torres was for us and we all knew that Torres leaving us was for the best. Falcao hasn't been played frequently enough for me to say he isn't good enough for Chelsea. From what I've seen of him when he comes on he gets himself into more dangerous positions than Diego Costa has done all season.

Have you not been paying attention to some of our recent games? We create the chances which a world class striker should score, I don't know how many times I've seen Diego Costa no where close to the 6 yard box which is where the ball is has been passed / crossed to frequently. Our problem isn't so much creating the chances at this time, it's finishing them off. The team looked more threatening yesterday than they have done the entire season and funny enough Diego Costa was off the pitch.

Diego Costa has been worse this season than Torres was for us and we all knew that Torres leaving us was for the best. Falcao hasn't been played frequently enough for me to say he isn't good enough for Chelsea. From what I've seen of him when he comes on he gets himself into more dangerous positions than Diego Costa has done all season.

I know you love Falcao and didn't want us to sign Costa in the first place, so I think that's clearly clouding your judgement but easy with the hyperbole. The Torres comparison is embarrassing and I don't get why you're trying to polish the turd named Falcao. He's had a rough start to the season, but thus far so have other strikers who performed strongly last season - eg. Kane's only started to score again recently, Aguero ditto (though, his tally is mainly down to that Newcastle game) - so it's pretty early to be writing Costa off for the season and putting him in the same ball park as Torres.

Would you advocate selling Hazard, Fabregas, Matic and other world class players who haven't performed this season? I don't think so.

I know you love Falcao and didn't want us to sign Costa in the first place, so I think that's clearly clouding your judgement but easy with the hyperbole. The Torres comparison is embarrassing and I don't get why you're trying to polish the turd named Falcao. He's had a rough start to the season, but thus far so have other strikers who performed strongly last season - eg. Kane's only started to score again recently, Aguero ditto (though, his tally is mainly down to that Newcastle game) - so it's pretty early to be writing Costa off for the season and putting him in the same ball park as Torres.

Would you advocate selling Hazard, Fabregas, Matic and other world class players who haven't performed this season? I don't think so.

Jesus Christ, Falcao isn't even that bad, he is just going through a rough patch and this is once again just bad man management by Mourinho.

Jesus Christ, Falcao isn't even that bad, he is just going through a rough patch and this is once again just bad man management by Mourinho.

Says a lot when his parent club who are lying midtable in an awful league are refusing to take him back

Aguero has been injured quite a bit and has scored 7 league goals in 9 games.

Kane has played 13 and scored in 8.

Costa... 12 and 3.

It doesn't matter who Costa is playing he isn't scoring.

Falcao has played 348 minutes this season. For every 348 minutes he scores a goal.

Costa has played 1,426 minutes this season. For every 357 minutes he scores a goal.

Falcao has a better minutes to goal ratio than Costa and the majority of his minutes have came when he has been brought on as a sub. This figures are according to transfermarkt.co.uk, not sure how accurate it is.

As a matter of fact, I would advocate selling the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and Matic. Why should we keep **** players for the sake of keeping them when we could sell them and get a replacement which would do a better job? All three of them have started to play better recently though and so it'd be better keeping them, whereas Costa is still ****. If he doesn't improve by January, I don't see any reason why the club shouldn't be looking for an alternative.

As a matter of fact, I would advocate selling the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and Matic. Why should we keep **** players for the sake of keeping them when we could sell them and get a replacement which would do a better job?

So on the basis of that I assume you think Mourinho should have been sacked by now?

Fabregas has started to play better recently?

People are arguing Falcao isn't awful? He was overrated when he was good tbh. A poacher and a lot of penalty goals not saying he wasn't great though. He is clearly done there is nothing in his game which suggests he could become great again. Anyway he needs a striker partner to get the best out of him generally.

I am taking Costa's form for club and country as a win for my he isn't that great viewpoint.

So Chelsea have submitted an application to build a new 60,000 seater where Stamford Bridge is? So I'm guessing they'll be knocking SB down and playing somewhere else for a few years while that happens. The question is, what's gonna happen with the Chelsea Football Club name, cos iirc the owners of Stamford Bridge own the rights to the club name?

• Administrators

They'll be formally requesting CPO's permission to move forward with the plans, I can't recall whether it would involve a buyout but regardless I expect CPO to still exist in some entity long-term.

They'll vote yes too, although there's a slightly cynical view that the club are keeping JM in a job in part to keep CPO (who are as influential and outspoken as any Chelsea fan group tbh) happy.

Aguero has been injured quite a bit and has scored 7 league goals in 9 games.

Kane has played 13 and scored in 8.

Costa... 12 and 3.

It doesn't matter who Costa is playing he isn't scoring.

Falcao has played 348 minutes this season. For every 348 minutes he scores a goal.

Costa has played 1,426 minutes this season. For every 357 minutes he scores a goal.

Falcao has a better minutes to goal ratio than Costa and the majority of his minutes have came when he has been brought on as a sub. This figures are according to transfermarkt.co.uk, not sure how accurate it is.

As a matter of fact, I would advocate selling the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and Matic. Why should we keep **** players for the sake of keeping them when we could sell them and get a replacement which would do a better job? All three of them have started to play better recently though and so it'd be better keeping them, whereas Costa is still ****. If he doesn't improve by January, I don't see any reason why the club shouldn't be looking for an alternative.

For someone who's been promoting the need for stability, how would that course of action (i.e. selling players at the first chance possible as soon as their form dips) establish that? Also, just to entertain that outlandish idea for a minute, you are aware that we would pretty much have to buy a whole new starting XI if we were basing things on form and how feasible do you think it would be to even find replacements who would be improvements (this is a multi-layered principle) on players like Costa, Fabregas, Hazard, Matic etc?

Oh and this:

So on the basis of that I assume you think Mourinho should have been sacked by now?
Fabregas has started to play better recently?

People are arguing Falcao isn't awful? He was overrated when he was good tbh. A poacher and a lot of penalty goals not saying he wasn't great though. He is clearly done there is nothing in his game which suggests he could become great again. Anyway he needs a striker partner to get the best out of him generally.

I am taking Costa's form for club and country as a win for my he isn't that great viewpoint.

Pretty much my view on Falcao. Even at his best he was a limited one trick pony (albeit with a very good trick).

Pretty much my view on Falcao. Even at his best he was a limited one trick pony (albeit with a very good trick).

Yeah, his trick being able to score goals. People don't forget how to score goals, he wasn't effectively used at United, what striker is used effectively for them? He hasn't had the chance here to shine and at Monaco he struggled due to injuries. He tore defences apart while playing for Porto and Athletico Madrid.

He scored four goals against basically the same team which won us the Champions League, the same team which shut out Bayern Munich and stopped them from scoring:

Yeah, his trick being able to score goals. People don't forget how to score goals, he wasn't effectively used at United, what striker is used effectively for them? He hasn't had the chance here to shine and at Monaco he struggled due to injuries. He tore defences apart while playing for Porto and Athletico Madrid.

He scored four goals against basically the same team which won us the Champions League, the same team which shut out Bayern Munich and stopped them from scoring:

You know there is more to a striker than goals right? It's why Benzema, Welbeck etc are valued over Bent, Gomez etc

Archived