Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

el sid

I meant with Pedro, who do you see dropping out? Willian?

No chance. I think Oscar. Well he was never a guaranteed but I can see Willian competing with Oscar for the no.10.

Pedro-Willian-Hazard. That is how I see it.

Considering Oscar is injured for Sunday (I think) I would not be surprised to see Pedro go straight in the line up.

But yeah, there will be a lot interchanging. Hazard will go in to the no.10 and they will swap around a lot.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No chance. I think Oscar. Well he was never a guaranteed but I can see Willian competing with Oscar for the no.10.

Pedro-Willian-Hazard. That is how I see it.

Considering Oscar is injured for Sunday (I think) I would not be surprised to see Pedro go straight in the line up.

But yeah, there will be a lot interchanging. Hazard will go in to the no.10 and they will swap around a lot.

Hazard on the right? He loves to cut inside from the left so I think it'd be odd seeing him RW. Though I think Pedro also likes to cut inside so perhaps they'll be rotated.

Such an uninspiring signing. I dream of a strong player who can play alongside Matic and creative too. Fabregas just doesnt cut it. Just stick him as AM.

Now that i said that wonder why don't we put Oscar there and Fab ahead. We insist on trying the opposite which doesnt work.

Hazard on the right? He loves to cut inside from the left so I think it'd be odd seeing him RW. Though I think Pedro also likes to cut inside so perhaps they'll be rotated.

I put Hazard on the left :D Just the way you read it I guess but that is meant to be with Pedro as RW and Hazard as LW.

Such an uninspiring signing. I dream of a strong player who can play alongside Matic and creative too. Fabregas just doesnt cut it. Just stick him as AM.

Now that i said that wonder why don't we put Oscar there and Fab ahead. We insist on trying the opposite which doesnt work.

I've always found it weird that we haven't tried Oscar-Matic central with Cesc ahead, Oscar's pressing and work rate could be great in there, and while he needs to work on his discipline, I think it'd be worth a shot. I remember when he first signed a lot of people were saying that the club saw his future role a lot deeper, yet he's never really been played there.

I don't understand why you signed Cuadrado in the first place. :confused:

I think to stop Liverpool or someone else signing him. They'll probably end up near enough getting their money back on him anyway

Guardian podcast were discussing this Terry/Mourinho rumour that they're not talking, apparently. Anyone hear anything similar from elsewhere. As they said it's all 'tell Terry to do this' via other players

Find that odd but if Mourinho doesn't think you're useful it wouldn't surprise me. They always seemed top buds though. Weird if that true but not read about it anywhere, was surprised when mentioned on their podcast as though it's a thing people have heard about

I prefer the pace and skill from Willan at no 10. atm... Unless, Oscar gets his mojo back and gains some consistency.

Though Willian definately could use a crash course in finishing.

Same. Right now, I hope and think Mourinho will persist with Willian in the no.10 with Hazard and Pedro out wide. Much more of a threat on the counter.

Another in the Willian fan club.

I still think Oscar has a lot to offer, both this season and long term, but for now I'm in the group that view Willian as the better option.

What are the thoughts on Oscar dropping back? I've seen in mentioned in here, but I haven't seen any real discussion on it.

Fabregas looks shaky defensively, it's not a secret and it leaves us more and more vulnerable the better the teams we play against. He's also easy to close down and if his ability to dictate from deep is cut off, he doesn't offer as much. Oscar isn't a like for like and won't offer the same level of passing threat from deep, but he'll offer some as well as more energy and protection alongside Matic. Matic has looked a bit off the boil, like most of the team, but perhaps it's because he's being left with too much to do alongside Fabregas. Maybe I'm missing something, but it's surely worth a try playing Oscar deeper.

Not sure where that leaves Fabregas though. He doesn't seem to be able to influence a game in the central AM role. He's such a good player, you want to squeeze him in somewhere. 433 with Matic, Oscar, Fabreagas would be an option, but then you'd be leaving Willian out from the front 3.

Depends on what you want from the player alongside Matic. If its more defensive solidity, Oscar isnt gonna provide that. His strenght is running and closing down, which will create massive holes. No problem at no 10, big problem deeper. You cant use Oscar as a disciplined holding player. Fabregas is better for that, as he runs less... Against teams we should beat easily, we shouldnt need a second discplined defensive player. One holding player should be good enough. Against stronger teams, play either Ramires or Mikel there.

We'd be crazy to offer 40M though.

Not sure what to think of the Pogba rumours. Would be very excited if he joined of course, regardless of the fee. Interesting also that only we are being linked. Seems that if ever there's a chance to sign him, now would be the moment? Surely next season, plenty of other clubs would be linked with him again.

edit:

lol, found this picture on 9gag :D

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aXXP6R6_700b.jpg

You're being linked to Michael Hector for £4m. 23 year old centre back, currently being kept out of the Reading side by Paul McShane and Anton Ferdinand. Can play right back, can play in midfield.

He's strong and quick, quite good in the ground tackle, confident on the ball, and home grown, but he's never going to be a Chelsea player. His concentration is poor, he gives away silly fouls and misreads passes, as well as sometimes overplaying things. Maybe you'll make a small profit, because £4m is good value, but I really don't understand this one. I tipped him as a future Reading first teamer when he was 17 and struggling to get in the U18 side (xsmug) but the flaws in his game mean that he's a lower PL player at best. Nowhere near as good as Adrian Mariappa.

If you want a Reading centre back, you should go for Tom McIntyre.

So you've sent Reading two players on loan and neither of them are likely to play...

I was annoyed when you sent us two players who were no better than what we had who just blocked the progress of our own players, but Hector and particularly Piazon are going to be really pushed for starting opportunities.S

I am amazed that you signed Hector :lol:

Piazon'll start 15+ times.

Quite probably. We suddenly have lots of competition for places. Sa and Vydra surely both have to start, so we're gonna play 4-4-2 a lot, which means Piazon is basically one of six wingers competing for two places, even ignoring Fosu, Stacey, and Semedo.

If we do try the 4-2-3-1 we used in pre-season, Piazon's chances look better, but we've got a hell of a lot of central midfielders and several of them will want the AM spot. That also means Vydra on his own up front.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be wanting Piazon to get a loan like Bamford and start 35+ times, not 15+.

If we'd have got Brown in at the start of the window then he'd probably be looking at 30+ starts. Baker could have been very interesting. But now we've signed two central midfielders, two wingers, and two strikers, and it's hard to see how Piazon fits in with that.

Just was mentioning the fact that him and Hector are the same age and we have a buy black clause. Bruma is better as well.

Racist.

Zouma v Hector is the really scary comparison. Three years younger, French international, 30 appearances for Chelsea.

Archived