Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Competitions. No wins in our last 5. Lost 3, Won 3, Drawn 8 in our last 14.

No fight, awful football that causes us more problems then it does the opposition. I just think football has passed Van Gaal by. It was a nice appointment but i have the same feeling with him that i had with Moyes at the end, no clue what he is doing and no idea how to fix it.

What players do you refer to as dumped?

Chicha

RVP

Rafael

Evans

Evra

For starters. Not even saying keep them. But we all saw how thin the side was in some spots like striker and we didn't get any players. Seems like LVG wanted to give youth a chance. That is all nice and good but not 6 or 7 19 year olds. That is crazy. And now we are exposed with these injuries and look like...Bournemouth.

And, I understood the need to get Wilson playing time, but now we are playing Nick Powell more often than we played Wilson? How does that make sense?

Would swap 3 of the back 4 for Rafael, Evans and Blackett any day. And I'd keep Paddy, not Blind.

You can guarantee that if those 3 were still at the club, Rafael and Evans would be injured too so it wouldn't have made a difference.

JJ beat me to it

All Competitions. No wins in our last 5. Lost 3, Won 3, Drawn 8 in our last 14.

No fight, awful football that causes us more problems then it does the opposition. I just think football has passed Van Gaal by. It was a nice appointment but i have the same feeling with him that i had with Moyes at the end, no clue what he is doing and no idea how to fix it.

Sad but pretty much where this is heading.

Great quote, The last two where out and out striker's not a winger come striker.

Don't need an out and out striker as a third choice. Wilson wasn't even getting a chance so no point having Chicha sat on the bench as well. Actually Chicha didn't want to sit on the bench anymore so that point's moot.

Chicha

RVP

Rafael

Evans

Evra

For starters. Not even saying keep them. But we all saw how thin the side was in some spots like striker and we didn't get any players. Seems like LVG wanted to give youth a chance. That is all nice and good but not 6 or 7 19 year olds. That is crazy. And now we are exposed with these injuries and look like...Bournemouth.

And, I understood the need to get Wilson playing time, but now we are playing Nick Powell more often than we played Wilson? How does that make sense?

RVP is past it. We wouldnt have signed Martial or Darmian without letting Chicha and Raf go. Evans is god awful whenever he is fit. Rojo, Jones, Smalling and McNair all better than him. It would have been great to keep Evra around

Great quote, The last two where out and out striker's not a winger come striker.

But to be fair it's not a striker that's the biggest problem no leg's in midfield, no back up on wing's or full back.

Striker only thrive on service. And what it is worth I think that Martial has the making unless we stump it to be a great striker.

But to be fair it's not a striker that's the biggest problem no leg's in midfield, no back up on wing's or full back.

Striker only thrive on service. And what it is worth I think that Martial has the making unless we stump it to be a great striker.

Except we do have back up fullbacks but they're injured as well. Strikers only thrive on service? Need to explain that to the Rooney haters....

Don't need an out and out striker as a third choice. Wilson wasn't even getting a chance so no point having Chicha sat on the bench as well. Actually Chicha didn't want to sit on the bench anymore so that point's moot.

So how is the the out and out striker then, The one to throw on if you need a goal and decide to play a second striker to run in behind and be energetic

RVP is past it. We wouldnt have signed Martial or Darmian without letting Chicha and Raf go. Evans is god awful whenever he is fit. Rojo, Jones, Smalling and McNair all better than him. It would have been great to keep Evra around

Right. I agree. Maybe I am not being clear. We needed 2 or 3 low level signings of experienced players to make sure that we didn't get so thin when the injury bug hit. I could not understand it at the beginning of the season and it is biting us in the ass now.

We might be fine with 2 or 3 of Martial, Memphis, Powell, Borthwick, Perreira, Lingard, Varela, McNair and Tuanzebe in our side but having all 9? Just insanity.

Except we do have back up fullbacks but they're injured as well. Strikers only thrive on service? Need to explain that to the Rooney haters....

Sorry meant good one's! my bad. Losing Shaw was massive I get that but the right back was a problem.

So how is the the out and out striker then, The one to throw on if you need a goal and decide to play a second striker to run in behind and be energetic

At the start of the season, Rooney was first choice followed by Martial. He changed that to Martial up front with Rooney supporting when Rooney was misfiring. Rarely have we needed someone like Chicha to come on and when we have, Wilson should've been the one coming on. As you say the problem is service to the strikers.

It got lost so Dion, you agree with taking off Fellaini for Powell? Yes or no answer if you can manage it.

If you somehow can't work it out from my post that explicitly stated that I didn't think we'd win the game with Fellaini on the pitch and so needed to change things then I'll spell it out for you. Yes.

I don't think either change wins us the match, not being able to defend corners is a bit of a big deal in that respect but if something isn't working you lose nothing from changing it up. I have lots of things I disagree with LvG on today, not trying to keep going with a strategy that hadn't worked from the 25th minute isn't one of them.

End of the first half we looked like we could go on to win, second half we weren't even close.

Yes, this. They came back on after half time and it was like LVG had told them to start playing ****** football again.

Right. I agree. Maybe I am not being clear. We needed 2 or 3 low level signings of experienced players to make sure that we didn't get so thin when the injury bug hit. I could not understand it at the beginning of the season and it is biting us in the ass now.

We might be fine with 2 or 3 of Martial, Memphis, Powell, Borthwick, Perreira, Lingard, Varela, McNair and Tuanzebe in our side but having all 9? Just insanity.

I agree. I've been saying for about 5 years that we should have more center backs. At the very least we should have signed a back up left back in the summer and not relying on playing Rojo or Blind there

Borthwick Jackson was a horror show :D how is anyone thinking his performance was defensible?

He passed the ball straight to the opposition half the time, lost the chase for the ball the rest of the time, didn't know what he was doing or where he was supposed to be and was generally absolutely terrible.

He was basically their 12th man on the left.

Bit extreme but, yeh, he doesn't look any good.

If you somehow can't work it out from my post that explicitly stated that I didn't think we'd win the game with Fellaini on the pitch and so needed to change things then I'll spell it out for you. Yes.

I don't think either change wins us the match, not being able to defend corners is a bit of a big deal in that respect but if something isn't working you lose nothing from changing it up. I have lots of things I disagree with LvG on today, not trying to keep going with a strategy that hadn't worked from the 25th minute isn't one of them.

Just had to get your top bantz in :D

Also, Powell on for Fellaini was the wrong decision. There's no debate about it. You're wrong.

At the start of the season, Rooney was first choice followed by Martial. He changed that to Martial up front with Rooney supporting when Rooney was misfiring. Rarely have we needed someone like Chicha to come on and when we have, Wilson should've been the one coming on. As you say the problem is service to the strikers.

So again, Rooney failed because he is not an out and out striker, False 9 yes. Martial was signed initially as back up but we had no option but to play him and even Van Gaal said he was surprised without much experience and Wilson hardly played or made the bench.

I agree. I've been saying for about 5 years that we should have more center backs. At the very least we should have signed a back up left back in the summer and not relying on playing Rojo or Blind there

Exactly. I am all for blooding youth, but you can't try to blood in the entire reserves team and expect it to work. And, by not holding onto or signing a few experienced players we are now in a very bad spot.

I agree. Why would we need a proven goalscorer when we need a goal. We need a Nick Powell.

Just had to get your top bantz in :D

Also, Powell on for Fellaini was the wrong decision. There's no debate about it. You're wrong.

You're obsessed with "bantz". You're being silly, me treating you based on that isn't "bantz". Keeping Fellaini on was the wrong decision, however much you state otherwise, we wouldn't have won the game doing that either. Sometimes no decision you make will get the required result, sticking with one you know wont work is silly.

LVG has ruined anything we had with stupid substitutions again, its one thing he has done consistently badly since the very start of his managerial reign. I'm all for young players playing but what Ashley Young is still doing sat on the bench here I do not know, why Fellaini went off much the same.

CBJ has done quite well I think, not sure why comments have come up about him. Looks better than Varela and is much younger.

I thought Borthwick-Jackson looked good as well. Neat and tidy.

Am i the crazy one here? :D

Do you agree on the Powell on for Fellaini change? Just for the sake of change? Fellaini is a threat with the long balls and bringing Powell on takes that advantage away(as we saw with them having all the ball and us not getting out), and from what i can see now and at the time, Powell offering 0 advantage coming on and makes us even worse?

Am i being "silly"?

Borthwick-Jackson was neat and tidy in passing to Bournemouth high up the pitch with the United team deep in the opposition half to initiate Bournemouth's counterattacks, yes.

He was also quite competent and skilled at running out of position or leaving Bournemouth players complete free reign to bring the ball down our left and cross or cut in unhindered.

So in a sense, he had a good performance, yes. He was just wearing the wrong shirt.

Archived