Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah but rooney was a clear-cut exceptional talent with two full seasons behind him at the top level as a 16/17 or so year old. he was also a senior international at this time. kane's had a bunch of mediocre lower league loan spells and one full legit season at spurs.

Yeah Rooney had just beasted the Euros when we signed him, and was clearly much more than just a finisher. Kane's in the Marcus Stewart/James Beattie/Andy Johnson bracket until he shows last season wasn't a one off.

People are taking about money as if it was their own money LOL. I don't really care about price, it is all about who we sign for me. If we get Kane, I'll be happy (as well as a defender obviously)

Well where do you think the money comes from lol? That aside, the price tag of a player can inhibit the player, the manager and future/alternative transfers.

People are taking about money as if it was their own money LOL. I don't really care about price, it is all about who we sign for me. If we get Kane, I'll be happy (as well as a defender obviously)

So you do not care about the club in the long term, just the present. People care about price because the money has to come from somewhere and if we spend stupidly, then you will need a new club to follow with your comments :)

So you do not care about the club in the long term, just the present. People care about price because the money has to come from somewhere and if we spend stupidly, then you will need a new club to follow with your comments :)

It's the troll.

£40m is a very high price for Kane, I'm fairly sure he has good ability but I think even with another good season behind him he won't get more expensive than that. What worries me is I've seen him a few times for England youth sides and he's looked a little bit like he cracks under pressure. But when he's comfortable he's got all the tools required to be a very good striker.

Can't see us signing him. Pedro will improve us and then I think we should be a bit patient and look for the next big attacking prospect rather than ***** our money on gambles. Unless Ronaldo, Bale etc come available.

United aren't interested in whether he is available, they will just keep chasing that dream anyway...

I clearly are about the club long term. Not willing to pay an extra few million for Hazard worked out well, eh? Not willing to even pay £25k a week for pogba worked out well?

We are talking about small money with huge gains. Pay £35m or £40m doesn't matter too much as long we get the player. Missing out on CL, that costs the club huge in money and reputation.

I clearly are about the club long term. Not willing to pay an extra few million for Hazard worked out well, eh? Not willing to even pay £25k a week for pogba worked out well?

We are talking about small money with huge gains. Pay £35m or £40m doesn't matter too much as long we get the player. Missing out on CL, that costs the club huge in money and reputation.

We paid big for Di Maria and Falcao. That worked out great......Fellaini?

Troll or not, a human brain must exist behind your antics. At some point you must want to discuss something a bit logically while parking your internet persona.

Unnecessarily overpaying and needing to pay a few extra million is completely different. Fellaini had a release clause of £23m but we missed the deadline and paid an extra £4.5m. Not willing to pay an extra £5m for Hazard, now that was necessary.

Falcao we all know was a gamble. We overpaid for Di Maria. But these two signings are not as close to being as bad as what we lost in Hazard and Pogba.

If Johnstone's performances mean that we don't have to buy a new keeper than I will be very happy.

I have a feeling De Gea has stuck a deal with Madrid to be signed on a free contract at the end of the season. This way it saves Madrid a lot of money and he gets a big signing on fee. Otherwise there would be no reason to not hand in a transfer request.

De Gea is treating the club pretty badly. It would be much better if he went AWOL like Di Maria. At least Di Maria didn't care about money, took the fines and forced a move through and united can move on and find a replacement.

What on earth?

Your not actually suggesting a player acting completely unprofessionally to force a move through is better for the club than one training properly & not kicking up a fuss at all?

Edit: replying to Sid, forgot how to quote posts on my phone.

So you would rather a player drag a transfer out in order to get extra money and confusing the club than a player just forcing through a transfer and giving the club plenty of time to find a replacement?

What Di Maria did looked very bad but it is better for the club than what De Gea is doing.

He has to be a troll. Right? It's difficult to believe a human being can be this stupid since our transition from sea or cave life.

Most United fans want this De Gea transfer saga to be sorted one way or another. De Gea is the one not allowing this to happen by not signing contract nor handing in a transfer request. Di Maria is a **** but at least he made it easy for the club to sort out and move on.

Sid, other than ri916 you are without a doubt the thickest poster on these forums, which is some going. If you're just a troll playing a part then that is just as high a level of sadness. In summary, you are either incredibly thick or pathetically sad. I'm going for a strong mixture of both.

Anyway, not a bad draw at all in the CL. Probably the best draw we could have hoped for, except maybe for Rapid Wien.

Word is LvG will go with Johnstone as Romero is short of minutes. Hope he does well if so, big fan.

I was hoping that would happen. Would love to see Johnstone stake a claim to remain with the first team and get some minutes in the Prem rather than go out on loan again.

He's well within his rights to run his contract down if he wants (see Milner last year). As long as he gives his all while he's contracted you shouldn't blame him

Not ideal, but it's the club's problem (which they need to resolve by selling or accepting he may leave on a free) not his

So you would rather a player drag a transfer out in order to get extra money and confusing the club than a player just forcing through a transfer and giving the club plenty of time to find a replacement?

What Di Maria did looked very bad but it is better for the club than what De Gea is doing.

De Gea isn't the one dragging it out though. It's between the two clubs to sort a deal, and we appear to be playing hard ball.

Archived