Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least when we confirm Di Maria has gone that may offset it a little, horrible, unprofessional little **** that he is.

I find stuff like this a bit embarrassing really.

Scholes refused to play for us in a League Cup game against Arsenal back in 2001, and Rojo went on strike to force through a move to us last year. Can't turn around and moan when a player behaves a bit poorly considering what we have, perhaps reluctantly, accepted before.

We can't moan about people diving against us, our players dive

Diving, cheating and refereeing mistakes are encouraged by FIFA. Otherwise video replays would have been introduced a long time ago.

They want talking point after the matches.

I said accepted in the original post, not happy. Bit of a difference.

I for one had no idea, nor do I particularly care. It's a bit ridiculous to claim you have to be up in arms about how we signed a player to be miffed at how Di Maria left though, not that I'm surprised...

Diving, cheating and refereeing mistakes are encouraged by FIFA. Otherwise video replays would have been introduced a long time ago.

They want talking point after the matches.

Irrelevant to the point being made

Yes I know. The point being made is to not be like Steven Gerard and complain about others diving when you are the worst diver yourself.

However my point is that no point blaming them for diving as they are encouraged to do so. It's like you won't blame someone for scoring a goal as it is encouraged.

That's the issue though. He's not a backup & hasn't ever been at United.

Well I'm pretty sure we didn't spend £14m on a rightback and sold another to still have Antonio Valencia has rightback, we we might both get our wish next season. What he has been is irrelevant as long as he isn't come saturday.

And Tom ffs :D

Yes I know. The point being made is to not be like Steven Gerard and complain about others diving when you are the worst diver yourself.

However my point is that no point blaming them for diving as they are encouraged to do so. It's like you won't blame someone for scoring a goal as it is encouraged.

A point that's wholly irrelevant. I'd also say not quite right either but I don't really care

Well I'm pretty sure we didn't spend £14m on a rightback and sold another to still have Antonio Valencia has rightback. What he has been is irrelevant.

Then why a few weeks ago while on tour did LVG say Darmian is the back up?

Then why a few weeks ago while on tour did LVG say Darmian is the back up?

He said we needed two players for every position and that Darmian is the second, because McNair is not a right back. Considering how much he has played so far, he's likely to start and if he takes his pre season start in, it will be hard for Valencia to dislodge him.

He said we needed two players for every position and that Darmian is the second, because McNair is not a right back. Considering how much he has played so far, he's likely to start and if he takes his pre season start in, it will be hard for Valencia to dislodge him.

Fair enough.

I find stuff like this a bit embarrassing really.

Scholes refused to play for us in a League Cup game against Arsenal back in 2001, and Rojo went on strike to force through a move to us last year. Can't turn around and moan when a player behaves a bit poorly considering what we have, perhaps reluctantly, accepted before.

I didn't realise I had said I had accepted something similar being done before by numerous players? I am talking about the Di Maria situation, and didn't know I had to then justify my comment by commenting on every other player who has ever done something similar?

Fwiw I don't like Rooney at all for twice dicking around to get himself a much better, and thoroughly undeserved better contract.

Been at home watching premier league years on sky. What a great season 02/03 was, brings back great memories. RVN was devastating. Wish we could have someone like him nowadays.

Don't know why the fuss about arsenal 03/04. Decent side, nothing special.

He said he was brought in as second position behind Valencia. I don't think he meant as backup, but rather to have 2 people in that position.

Or maybe he meant Valencia is going back in to a winger position.

Never said they weren't good, they were good. They just weren't of the standard like say United of 99 or 08 or Barca of 09 or 11. It's just the arsenal fan pundits on sky (merson, henry, Nicholas) go on about them as if they were of that standard.

this was the arsenal side with Pires, that dived in the box to salvage a point at the best team in the south coast? ;) (portsmouth)

Can't knock him for that, he had to do it to maintain unbeaten record. However this so called amazing team only won 1 trophy that year. It's not like they won a PL/CL double or the treble.

Yeah exactly, and those were great sides. Same with our 2009 side. You don't get 90 points in the league without being a great team ffs :D

They were very good but a level below the 99 and 08 united sides. Never denied they were a good side.

So being slightly worse than the two greatest sides in the Premier League is just "very good" is it? Give over you clown.

No they were much worse. They were slightly worse than the Chelsea of 2005 an 2006 as well has united in 2001. However they are talked about as if they were the best which is a bit silly even for the biased arsenal panel.

Archived