Sports Interactive Community
Harryseaess

Manchester United Thread 2015/16

I hope he texts Perez next week, "So fancy doing a deal on Bale now?"

Yeah you have to give Ed some credit there, he sure knows how to wind up Real.
That has to be the biggest "Up yours" that we could have sent to Madrid :thup:

Err, he (and United) agreed to sell DDG. Then Real f***ed up. If Real hadn't pulled out or messed it up, DDG would be a Real Madrid player now. Fantastic that DDG has signed a new contract, but I don't see how this is sticking it to Madrid or Perez or whatever. We're simply doing the sensible thing after they messed up.

Hope he plays against Liverpool. No better way to re-introduce him to the team, and then we hopefully school Liverpool.

DDG has to start v Liverpool, his head must be in the right place if he's signed a contract so no excuse there. Let's play him and let's smash the horrible *****.

I think the collapsed transfer had fault on both sides. Real thinking we would cave like everybody usually does when they come calling. United were resigned to losing him & so didn't really care if it was in the window or the coming summer. The pitiful fee was irrelevant. Real realised too late we were standing our ground & when they finally made an offer we found acceptable it was too late.

The new contract for DdG is merely a consequence of his circumstances. He needs to play, he wants to play & it's definitely in his interests to play. He wanted to play for Madrid but he never pushed for it or said anything in public. I don't think he had a problem with signing a new contract.

The whole saga is bad for Madrid because they tried lowballing us & by association they've shown DdG they didn't want to pay the going rate for him.

Would be especially funny if the whole thing was Edurne's doing and he's secretly delighted he isn't being torn away from Juan and Ander, his true loves.

Would be especially funny if the whole thing was Edurne's doing and he's secretly delighted he isn't being torn away from Juan and Ander, his true loves.

CONzaf4VAAIg2zM.jpg

Err, he (and United) agreed to sell DDG. Then Real f***ed up. If Real hadn't pulled out or messed it up, DDG would be a Real Madrid player now. Fantastic that DDG has signed a new contract, but I don't see how this is sticking it to Madrid or Perez or whatever. We're simply doing the sensible thing after they messed up.

Hope he plays against Liverpool. No better way to re-introduce him to the team, and then we hopefully school Liverpool.

Think you have to acknowledge that Utd did refuse to deal with Madrid until they came up with something half decent, which they refused to do until basically too late, then we refused to trade until we got a keeper in exchange and that all contributed to the ****-up. If it was all a big troll then absolutely brilliant play to Ed. if not then have a pat on the back for standing up to Real.

The Euros aside, which clearly will have played a part in it, could well be that part of the reason behind the prompt signing of the contract is that Mendes is narked off with Real Madrid over the whole thing and the deal going tits up?

God, I hope it was this and not something scummy like we forced him to sign a contract or we wouldn't play him. As for Real, well if there is a minimum release of £35m then they can't be too hard done by. They'll be buying a world class Spanish keeper for the same money we paid for an unproven teenager and transfer fees are only going up these days.

Wonder when Madrid will come back for him. Assuming they are going to pay x million release clause whatever happens they could conceivably come back in January.

The release could be date specific. So it doesn't activate until after the CL final in may but goes up if they haven't activated it by pre season start date and then up again by the start of the season. Incentives for madrid or whoever to get it done early.

Thats what I would do anyway.

I hope he texts Perez next week, "So fancy doing a deal on Bale now?"

Well this is where the whole idea that this was some masterplan to put Madrid in their place falls down, or I certainly hope so. We're going to be wanting to deal with them again sooner or later, daft to wreck a relationship over one deal.

https://twitter.com/Edurnity/status/642327013953511424

Overdid his celebrating. Guess it's Martial, Wilson or Fellaini to play up front then.

Overdid his celebrating. Guess it's Martial, Wilson or Fellaini to play up front then.

He's at Derby on loan, looks like the big man is going to be upfront :(, lack of strikers already biting us in the backside.

Isn't Wilson on loan atm?

Has Wilson actually been loaned yet? LvG seemed to say so at the fan event but today it sounded like it was still a proposal. Derby have seemingly made their interest public but I don't think anything's been confirmed.

Has Wilson actually been loaned yet? LvG seemed to say so at the fan event but today it sounded like it was still a proposal. Derby have seemingly made their interest public but I don't think anything's been confirmed.

He hasnt officially gone.

No one at United has commented on his injury, and given that the game is late afternoon, he will have plenty of time for a late fitness test tomorrow. Bit wierd that MEN are already ruling him out despite not being able to confirm it.

If Wilson hasn't officially gone yet then United may still name him in the matchday squad tomorrow.

He's at Derby on loan, looks like the big man is going to be upfront :(, lack of strikers already biting us in the backside.

game hasn't even kicked off yet :D

I mean it's not like Rooney was doing anything other than missing chances at the moment anyway, I'd fancy Fellaini to put away some of the ones Rooney has missed recently.

Razzler...... Oh Razzler.

Are you there Razzy boy? Woodward must have given De Gea the interest payments on our debt to make him sign a new deal.

Haha, can't have a season of unease over status with DDG in goal. I'll wait for the inevitable leak of the release clause ;)

Mendes has played a blinder if DDG does leave in the summer after all

Haha, can't have a season of unease over status with DDG in goal. I'll wait for the inevitable leak of the release clause ;)

Mendes has played a blinder if DDG does leave in the summer after all

As everyone kinda hinted would happen but you were to busy with the "United have dropped a major bollock" line.

We get decent money for him and we have the best of the goalkeeping options open to us for this crucial season...... Seems standing our ground worked eh R-Man?

And someone saying he should've just not bothered showing up like Di Maria would be better...

Yea that was Sid.....placed the little runt on ignore and calm has been restored.

Yea that was Sid.....placed the little runt on ignore and calm has been restored.

What happens when you place someone on ignore? Do their posts not show or something?

What happens when you place someone on ignore? Do their posts not show or something?

Not unless they're quoted, people are pretty good at not quoting Sid now though.

Januzaj getting the last 30 minutes for Dortmund today. Hopefully he gets a good amount of matches there. Still find it a bit bonkers he was loaned out, leaving us so thin, but I hope it will prove a good move for him, and he can come back next season a better player.

It's not Januzaj's position where we are thin on numbers. He's the one player I understand being allowed to leave the club for any length of time.

The youth player record is still intact. McNair on the bench:

De Gea; Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw; Carrick, Schweinsteiger; Mata, Herrera, Memphis; Fellaini.

Subs: Romero, McNair, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Valencia, Young, Martial.

Fellaini starts up top, I imagine he'll offer a bit more than Rooney has done so far.

Surprised its Carrick and Schweinsteiger, but I guess thats how we will go in big matches. More experience in there than we've had in a long time.

Fellaini will have a field day with Lovern and Skrtel in the air. Just hope we don't flight it into him every opportunity we get. He could do to them what Gomis done to us last game.

Any word on whats wrong with Rooney?

Surprised its Carrick and Schweinsteiger, but I guess thats how we will go in big matches. More experience in there than we've had in a long time.

Fellaini will have a field day with Lovern and Skrtel in the air. Just hope we don't flight it into him every opportunity we get. He could do to them what Gomis done to us last game.

Any word on whats wrong with Rooney?

Felt something in training, but notserious is all thats being said. Being wrapped in cotton wool for PSV

Hamstring for Rooney I've read.

Surprised to see Carrick start the game after pulling out of the England squad earlier this week.

I can imagine squad number purists going insane with our squads this season :D

Today we have: 1, 7, 8, 12, 16, 17, 21, 23, 27, 31 and 36 starting with 5, 9, 18, 20, 25, 28 and 33 on the bench!

2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 11 nowhere to be seen

Is this really happening? I find myself checking stuff online during a Manchester United - Liverpool match...

[video=youtube;qjp1Zrvn8VQ]