Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

How anyone can say Schneiderlin is average is beyond me.

Remember when Lovren looked a world beater at Southampton & he now looks like a train wreck at Liverpool? Almost like he's missing a certain someone who used to be there breaking up play & protecting him.

Agree but we haven't seen that player yet as he is still bedding in.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is an absolutely shocking set of defenders for a Champions League club.

It's not really that bad, Shaw/Smalling/Darmian and a proper 2nd CB is good(I'd pick Rojo, I guess), though depth is weak as **** there.

Probably did miss picking up one more proper quality CB this summer.

I know that bit. But Valdes and Varela aren't so it could have gone for either? 4 GKs does sound a bit much though

Having 4 keepers is overkill and the 3rd keeper being HG is pretty common. Unlikely to be used ever so it could just be a youngster. Chelsea have Jamal Blackman for the same purposes

It's not really that bad, Shaw/Smalling/Darmian and a proper 2nd CB is good(I'd pick Rojo, I guess), though depth is weak as **** there.

Probably did miss picking up one more proper quality CB this summer.

Not that bad? Compare it to:

Man City: Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kolarov, Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis, Otamendi

Real Madrid: Varane, Ramos, Pepe, Carvajal, Danilo, Arbeloa, Nacho, Marcelo and Abner.

Chelsea: Branislav Ivanovic, Kurt Zouma, Baba Rahman, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Cesar Azpilicueta

Bayern: Medhi Benatia, Rafinha, Jan Kirchhoff, Jérôme Boateng, Juan Bernat, Philipp Lahm, David Alaba, Holger Badstube

and it really is quite bad. Only two of them have Champions League experience.

No wonder Chelsea are ****ing up. That's as bad as ours. If not worse.

"He loves staying in and being with his family. It doesn't look like he'll be raising hell once he moves to Manchester."

He told France Football magazine: "After training, I like to come home and find my wife. I am very homely."

He's not seen how easy girls are here with footballers...

The rumoured clauses (take with a pinch of salt of course).

€ 30 million up front, followed by four payments of € 5 million each year in July.

€5 million each time Martial is the top scorer in the Premier League, to a maximum of € 15 million.

Another € 5 million will be due if Martial wins Golden Boy.

The final € 10m will be paid if Martial won the Balon D'or career in Manchester.

No where near as bad as it first sounds (if true), basically if he turns into the best player in the world, then we pay a fee more worthy of the best player in the world.

Apparently in France the Clauses are a bit different

10m € for scoring 25 goals in all competitions (not in one season obviously)

10m € for reaching 25 caps for France (before June 19)

10m € for the Ballon

Not that bad? Compare it to:

Man City: Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kolarov, Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis, Otamendi

Real Madrid: Varane, Ramos, Pepe, Carvajal, Danilo, Arbeloa, Nacho, Marcelo and Abner.

Chelsea: Branislav Ivanovic, Kurt Zouma, Baba Rahman, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Cesar Azpilicueta

Bayern: Medhi Benatia, Rafinha, Jan Kirchhoff, Jérôme Boateng, Juan Bernat, Philipp Lahm, David Alaba, Holger Badstube

and it really is quite bad. Only two of them have Champions League experience.

Fair except Chelsea. The names may look better, but the display has been anything but stellar for them. No better than us to this point.

As for the others, well...we had all summer to sign Otamendi. And, we still need a CB.

I've read Danny Welbeck fears his career might be over with this knee injury, hope its not the case but wish we had never sold him. He offered us exactly what we have been missing, I think if he had kept the momentum he had gained under Moyes then he would have done better than he has at Arsenal. One of my favourite players.

I was heartbroken when I heard about his knee. Arsenal is only club with worse physios than ours.

van Gaal worse than we expected or Moyes better than we thought?

Crude averaging can mask important data though.

Little of each. LvG underwhelming, Moyes a tad better than given credit for. LvG got away with far more, especially early on, off the back of reputation, and "we'll he's fixing what Moyes done". There were plenty of fans(and seemingly players) on Moyes back from the off.

That said, in the end Moyes just wasn't good enough, and didn't have the aggressive/arrogant personality needed to lead a club at this level. LvG needs to improve though.

What is your starting back 4 with everyone fit now? And how does it differ from what you think it should be?

Shaw---Blind---Smalling---Darmian, so far.

Though Jones is injured and Rojo is something(unfit, I think), I reckon he'll stick with Blind. I'd personally prefer Rojo in there instead of him.

What that LVG vs Moyes table doesn't show you is that we were embarrassed against City, Chelsea and Liverpool under Moyes.

The most important stat is LVG 4th - Moyes 7th. Nothing else matters. Moyes wouldn't have finishd 4th last season.

And Moyes has nothing to do with if LVG is underperformiong this season

Hate to burst your anti-Moyes bubble but The points total Moyes got was good enough for fourth last year. That's ignoring LvG being allowed to spend the GDP of a small African country.

Oh, we wouldn't have had the DdG saga either & would have had a better chance of keeping AdM.

Moyes wouldn't have got enough points to get forth last year. he was getting worse, not better.

And ADM wouldn't have signed in the first place.

Don't see what DDG has to do it anything, unless you believe LVG actually pulled a contract offer :rolleyes:

Hate to burst your anti-Moyes bubble but The points total Moyes got was good enough for fourth last year. That's ignoring LvG being allowed to spend the GDP of a small African country.

Oh, we wouldn't have had the DdG saga either & would have had a better chance of keeping AdM.

I'm not particularly pro-LvG or anti-Moyes but that's completely and utterly irrelevant unless Moyes was actually managing the team last year

Wilson apparently going on loan to a Championship club, surely we could have found a Premier League club for him?

If goes to Derby I will not understand that. He will not be a guaranteed starter as they already have Martin who is their no.1 and Bent who is rotation/back up. Wilson needs to go to a team where he will start every week.

I don't really want Giggs as manager, not yet anyway. We need a top class manager that's going to win things after LvG leaves. Guardiola is the man, if he goes City we'll get left behind. We might as well try to get him in, let him stay for a few years and win things whilst Giggs manages another club, then we hire him.

Archived