Sports Interactive Community
Harryseaess

Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Yeah, they'd hate having a better one in their side for a relatively small fee right enough.

They will now get him for free in the summer. De Gea is not going to be a decider in their success this season.

They get him for free in 11 months and then have both him AND Navas rather than one or the other. Makes sense.....no!

Madrid made their first official bid 11hrs before the window closed...

They had months to sort it out. They want the player, they have to make an offer.

Was that what happened or Madrid just messed up? The sky guy thinks they got cold feet with 2 very good keepers in their ranks and the fans not really wanting the deal to happen.

I am sure it'll all come out soon and maybe Madrid sandbagged it, for now, who knows. For what was a straightforward deal a couple of months ago looks a bit rubbish the way it's not-happened and United lose out financially and in terms of 'face' which is what they seemed to be saving by this not being bullied by Madrid

It is sky sources though ...

There's obviously two sides but United are the club that wanted a record fee for a keeper for him or they won't sell .. then Ramos as well ...

I actually back Woodward and LvG on that bit, they may have ballsed up a bit but I like the grit they showed and eventually they will become better at this negotiating lark. They almost got him for a lot more than the £11m Real were offering all summer till Madrid did some computer foul ups....deliberately or not, no one is sure.

I don't see an issue with things from DDG's side at the moment. Let him go away on international duty, then get him back, sit him down and say that you know he wanted to leave, and he would have had Real not done whatever it is they did to screw it up. Then tell him that he'll be number 1 if he gets his head down and gives them one last great season, and he can go in the summer if he still feels that way. He'll want to be playing football given the Euros are coming up, so I'd like to think he's a decent enough guy who isn't completely thick.

Seems the most sensible course of action, so of course it won't happen.

Madrid made their first official bit 11hrs before the window closed...

They had months to sort it out. They want the player, they have to make an offer.

I don't believe anyone can be so naive that there was no interest until 11 hours ago ... this has all been done via agents and 3rd parties all summer and probably before. If United accepted the price floated around a couple of months back I am sure the deal would have happened

This is how deals are done now, especially high profile and it's probably Mendes as the go-between, as usual

It is sky sources though ...

The same source that had called it all through including all the terms of the deal and got it spot on. Yes we ridicule the fella but he was on the ball.

United's fault they didn't bid earlier though

/razzler

The papers are reporting that Valdes has made up with van Gaal after the Facebook change. What are we going to do? Rotate him with DDG?

If United accepted the price floated around a couple of months back I am sure the deal would have happened

So we should have taken £11m, I would rather he goes on a free.

Champions League tweet re: DDG has been deleted. Curious.

The one thing I thought was funny is that tweet, it said he would be 100% at Man Utd, of course the chances of him going anywhere else are of course zero, he could in theory still move to a club in England..... or indeed Celtic :p

I actually back Woodward and LvG on that bit, they may have ballsed up a bit but I like the grit they showed and eventually they will become better at this negotiating lark. They almost got him for a lot more than the £11m Real were offering all summer till Madrid did some computer foul ups....deliberately or not, no one is sure.

I think the grit was fine up until the last minute panic to make the deal happen. That's where it looks weak as ****

They said 11m and you said 36m ... I am sure a deal could have been but you didn't want to blink ... then last night of deadline you go blinking away like mad men!

This really. Real knew all along what we wanted and only bid right near the end. It wasn't what we were holding out for but it was a good fee plus a replacement player. Couldn't knock that. De Gea will sort himself out and start the Liverpool game or the one after.

I think the grit was fine up until the last minute panic to make the deal happen. That's where it looks weak as ****

They said 11m and you said 36m ... I am sure a deal could have been but you didn't want to blink ... then last night of deadline you go blinking away like mad men!

Because they put a good deal on the table. What's the problem with blinking when you finally get something good?

So we should have taken £11m, I would rather he goes on a free.

It's a little something called negotiating. Jeez

At that time the club rejected it (obviously) but set their price super high ... telling me there's no middle ground? Of course there is but neither was budging. Fine, DDG stays ... then United blink at the last minute in a game of chicken

Be interesting to see what comes out

Because they put a good deal on the table. What's the problem with blinking when you finally get something good?

Because he wouldn't be sold for less than a record fee.

I think you could have wrung a better deal out of them before 5 to midnight, don't you? No one thought he was ever going for 11m, I doubt Madrid did either

United's fault they didn't bid earlier though

/razzler

Yeah, that is what happens with these deals. Execs sitting by the phone waiting for it to ring

It's a little something called negotiating. Jeez

At that time the club rejected it (obviously) but set their price super high ... telling me there's no middle ground? Of course there is but neither was budging. Fine, DDG stays ... then United blink at the last minute in a game of chicken

Be interesting to see what comes out

But only one club should be negotiating. Alrighty :thup:

I don't believe anyone can be so naive that there was no interest until 11 hours ago ... this has all been done via agents and 3rd parties all summer and probably before. If United accepted the price floated around a couple of months back I am sure the deal would have happened

This is how deals are done now, especially high profile and it's probably Mendes as the go-between, as usual

There was interest, but until they make a bid, there's nothing to accept ffs :D

"This is how deals are done" = bollocks, vast majority of clubs receive offers before the final day.

ADM interview...

In an interview with French newspaper L’Equipe today he has accused Louis van Gaal of having “no philosophy”, which makes it “difficult to adapt to his system.”

“Everyone does what he wants,” Di Maria said. “I started very well with him, and then we had some clashes.

“Things did not go well and I was changed position. It is the coach who decided that, and in the end I found myself on the bench."

There was interest, but until they make a bid, there's nothing to accept ffs :D

"This is how deals are done" = bollocks, vast majority of clubs receive offers before the final day.

I am sure there was plenty going on in the background to make this deal happen or sort a price out. It's not like nothing and then a bid comes in. The bid is the last thing and with someone like Mendes involved I reckon everything is agreed and that's why the bid is then 'official'.

If you guys all think that was handled well then cool

ADM interview...

In an interview with French newspaper L’Equipe today he has accused Louis van Gaal of having “no philosophy”, which makes it “difficult to adapt to his system.”

“Everyone does what he wants,” Di Maria said. “I started very well with him, and then we had some clashes.

“Things did not go well and I was changed position. It is the coach who decided that, and in the end I found myself on the bench."

Di Maria is a fantastic player as he proved at Madrid and will also show at PSG. LVG is the donkey that plays an awful system that doesn't allow creative players to express themselves.

Close to just putting Razzler on ignore tbh. He doesn't half talk some rubbish. Look to the left and there his name is after a 'strange' post, time and again.

Actually glad DDG is staying, although we'll likely get nothing for him now. As long as LVG does the sensible thing and plays him, we're better off with him in the team than anybody else not named Neuer.

So then, 5 hours till we all spit our dummy?

The transfer window started so brightly with some solid purchases, so I really hope it will end in similar fashion. Squad looks paper thin now, even factoring in youth players.

If I was DDG now, and wanted to go to Real as much as he probably did, I'd be pretty P'ed off at Real, and perhaps asking some questions about how much they really wanted me. They knew 3 months ago what was required, and fecked about for 3 months. Not like they've spent a boatload of cash this summer either.

Awww didums, did I say bad things about United :(

That in itself isn't an issue. Have you seen this thread? :D

Awww didums, did I say bad things about United :(

Probably more that you are talking bollocks than saying anything about United fwiw

Yes, yes. I am sure Woodwood was sitting next his phone all summer wondering if Madrid would ever call

As long as you fans think this was handled well then that's all that matters.

Razzler don't shift tact, they wanted him and did not make a decent offer until yesterday. Even the £11m offer was not concrete

They finally came at last minute while telling the whole world it can't be done in time and guess what.....it was not

If I was DDG now, and wanted to go to Real as much as he probably did, I'd be pretty P'ed off at Real, and perhaps asking some questions about how much they really wanted me. They knew 3 months ago what was required, and fecked about for 3 months. Not like they've spent a boatload of cash this summer either.

Hopefully that is the case, but he knows he will get a huge signing on fee instead.

I mean if united sack LVG, I wouldn't be too surprised if de gea signed a new contract know he is not managed by a *****.

Can't believe they didn't make a call until yesterday. Tumbleweed in Woodwood's office, no contact with the club or agents or anything just tick, tick of the clock until finally they made a bid!

I've said for a while that Madrid were not really bothered wether they signed him now or next year, otherwise they would have bid before the last few hours of the transfer window.

Looking at Real's statement they are saying it was Uniteds fault, which they obviously would do.

Not really, they sent us signed contracts at 11.32 after which we had to check them and get them to Navas in under 28 mins after which we had to then upload them which we did by 11.59

The only bad thing for us was the wait between their initial offer and our acceptance but that is because we were busy with other deals as all the sources have mentioned. Madrid coming late in the day means we prioritise purchases over sales which is fine by me.

I am always ready to pile on Woody and Co but I still can't fault them.

Can't believe they didn't make a call until yesterday. Tumbleweed in Woodwood's office, no contact with the club or agents or anything just tick, tick of the clock until finally they made a bid!

I know it's terrible. We are the selling club who actually don't want to sell, we were never going to chase after them.

Looking at Real's statement they are saying it was Uniteds fault, which they obviously would do.

Conflicts with practically everything seen so far. Either they really wanted him (despite the ridiculously late offer), fecked up and tries to blame United, or they sabotaged it so they can get him for nothing next summer, and is trying to put the blame for that on United.

But we shall see I guess. So far it looks like United have done their bit, though.

Hopefully DDG will knuckle down and be happy to be here once the dust settles.

Any hot women in Manchester? :D

I know it's terrible. We are the selling club who actually don't want to sell, we were never going to chase after them.

I think it's sort of win-win for them but you really think this kind of deal is reliant upon official bids? You got Mendes running around and who knows what word Madrid were getting from United about 'not selling' through the summer, probably, as you say, you didn't want to sell

If you're adamant about not selling there won't be a bid. Somehow there's been some movement on this final day and it's a mess. Obviously it was a stand off over price but United haven't looked strong in a 'we didn't want to sell DDG and we didn't' instead they look like they were holding for a price, agreed a late deal and then it all messed up

Don't look like you held off Madrid. Doesn't look like you really want to keep DDG either

If this is a case of delayed documents then it's even more ridiculous. That's saying to DDG 'we got a decent deal and you can leave' and then messing it up

This last minute stuff is almost Spurs-esque tbh

Or it could have been a case of Real Madrid were happy to pay the fee but Man Utd delayed things as they looked for a keeper. In the end realised they couldn't get anyone with Lloris and Jasper being priced large so went back to Real very late and said throw in Navas and you can have him which meant another round of negotiations with Man Utd making a mess of things Herrera 2.0.

Can't see this giving Man Utd a good name for themselves in Spain again.

I am sure both sides will blame each other and the fans narrative is that DDG should be annoyed with Madrid

Even with stuff being so last minute the fact these documents were such a mess is still ridiculous

They had 3 months to sign him, they waited until the last day hoping we'd budge on the price.

This one we got right by not bending over to the mighty Perez.

I'm sure once the dust settles and all the details come out it will clearly show that Pardew was to blame.

There also appears to be some classic negotiations malarky of changing contracts at the last minute and hoping the other side doesn't notice or accepts it due to the looming deadline.

Why are you being so obtuse?

No-one's saying there was no communication, but there was no official bid until the 11th hour.

Without an official bid, the paperwork cannot be completed.

They put themselves in this position by not sorting out the official stuff sooner.

I, like a few others in here, suspect they did it on purpose.

The best line from their statement is:

Manchester United did not open any channel of negotiation for ... De Gea until yesterday morning.

Despite the difficulties involved in completing an operation of this nature on the last day of registration, Madrid agreed to open those conversations.

It's like we were forcing them to take him, poor guys. Was so nice of them to try and accommodate us.

There's talk in some places that Perez panicked with selling Navas after the fans have been so critical of his presidency lately, so scuppered the deal intentionally at the last minute.

Wouldn't be surprised if that were true to be honest.

It's typical Madrid tactics to continually lowball a team to get them to reluctantly go along with things. United in the past have done that, gone along with it and have been shafted on the prices of players. They refused to budge here and everything has fallen apart because of how little time Madrid have provided to allow the deals to be complete. Whether that was Madrid's intention or whether it was just because of United making them sing to their tune, I don't see why United should be getting blamed for the breakdown of this transfer.

Seeing as United accepted the bid, unless Madrid made an equal/higher bid earlier in the window that United rejected, that can't have really done anything wrong.

Why are you being so obtuse?

No-one's saying there was no communication, but there was no official bid until the 11th hour.

Without an official bid, the paperwork cannot be completed.

They put themselves in this position by not sorting out the official stuff sooner.

I, like a few others in here, suspect they did it on purpose.

I am not focusing purely on paperwork. The paperwork situation is a mess (Madrid claim it's United's fault, I am sure United are about to claim it's not) but prior to the final day an agreement could have been made but United had to be willing to negotiate otherwise there won't be any bids. They were adamant DDG wouldn't leave

A deal could have been done anytime during the summer. For a deal to be done United had to show willing to sell. Madrid claim United only opened negotiations on that final day, hence the bid/agreement

There will be an official agreement when United agreed to sell, they're not gonna lob bids in all summer. That's what the communication is for, bringing both to the table and finding an agreement without constant bid and rejections

If this is the price United would have been happy with they should have working towards it prior to the final day. "There was no bid" is rubbish. If there is willing then it'll happen and Mendes is there too. There's nothing official for a reason cause the club didn't want to sell

In the end they decide at last minute they will sell and it sounds like that part of the agreement was quick but it's the paperwork that screwed up. Whoever is responsible for that is up in the air

This is the agent that you were all terrified you were going to be forced to buy Falcao if DDG signed a new deal yet he can't make a deal happen during the summer?

I guess Madrid not really wanting to do it is one for the football conspiracies