Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

The club has turned into a joke in the transfer market. It is fair for other fans to laugh at us.

It all started in the last year or so with Fergie. Letting a £70m midfielder in Pogba leave for free and refusing to play him in favour of Cleverley, park, Rafael in central midfield. Refusing to sign Hazard for a measly £35m. After Fergie left, the problems just just escalated.

City to be fair to them have been excellent in the transfer market in recent years, they might have money from their sugar daddy but at least they spend it wisely. Ageuro, Silva, Toure all for relatively cheap. All players United could have easily signed at the time without breaking the bank.

Mangala. Negredo. Jovetic. Sinclair. Javi Garcia. Lescott. Even Dzeko and Milner, to some degree. They've definitely thrown some bad money away.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
City have been dreadful in the transfer market.

Aguero was our last great signing tbh (until arguably this summer), all 3 of us wanted Hazard. I can't remember if some of us pulled out due to agent fees or whether he just chose Chelsea.

Mangala. Negredo. Jovetic. Sinclair. Javi Garcia. Lescott. Even Dzeko and Milner, to some degree. They've definitely thrown some bad money away.

Dzeko and Milner, are you joking? Without them they will have 0 league titles opposed to two. Unfortunately they got their money back in full for Negredo. The others have been poor but the good signings far outweigh them bad ones. Aguero, Toure and Silva they signed all for half the price of their true value. Three players all united fans were crying out to sign at the time.

Thing is the City signings are not genius signings. Like Silva and Aguero, we all know how good they were and they were a snip at the prices paid for them but City simply got the job done quickly without much messing about, that's the difference really.

Right now is joke levels that I have never seen before. Paint it how you want, it is.

Joke levels and we're still in the Champions League. As humorous as the off the field stuff is, and this probably beats out the two Spaniards of the Apocalypse Herrera nonsense for amusement value, still no getting around it.

Dzeko and Milner, are you joking? Without them they will have 0 league titles opposed to two. Unfortunately they got their money back in full for Negredo. The others have been poor but the good signings far outweigh them bad ones. Aguero, Toure and Silva they signed all for half the price of their true value. Three players all united fans were crying out to sign at the time.
They paid over £50m for Dzeko and Milner, and will recoup less than £10m, so it's in that sense that they were bad deals to some extent. Of course they made a contribution, but that contribution could have been achieved on a much smaller budget.

I totally agree about Aguero, Toure and Silva - three top notch signings.

more likely using a mac :p And Moyes wouldn't have pulled De Gea's contract negotiations....but he would have relied on Fellani unlike LVG .... oh wait, he did that too.

Moyes wouldn't deliberately destroy the club so obviously he wouldn't pull out of De Gea's contract offer, he was just a crap manager. If that is true and LVG did that, then there really is no hope for him. However, that can't possibly be true even for LVG's standards.

They paid over £50m for Dzeko and Milner, and will recoup less than £10m, so it's in that sense that they were bad deals to some extent. Of course they made a contribution, but that contribution could have been achieved on a much smaller budget.

I totally agree about Aguero, Toure and Silva - three top notch signings.

Dzeko has scored countless of important goals for city. Milner contributed a lot. These were two good signings, not even close to bad. I absolutely wish they didn't sign them, especially Dzeko. They got 4-5 years service from both.

It's like we buy RVN for £19m and sold him for £10m, does that make him a bad signing? You can't ignore the service they provided.

Hasn't this non-transfer royally messed up both clubs? Man Utd miss out on a wedge of cash and have a player who they might not trust 100% to remain focused, Real miss out on their main transfer target and one that would have appeased the fans whilt seeming to be slightly behind Barca based on last season.

You lot will all be much happier with Sid on ignore.

I'm surprised people actually engage him in conversation in here. He's obviously posting for reactions.

Aside from the ddg saga, who are you boys signing tomorrow then?

Difficult to predict what LvG will do. He's just spent a huge wedge of cash on a relatively unknown player in Martial, and I'm not sure he wants to make the same mistake as he did last year of signing a proven, top quality striker like...Falcao. Can see him going in for a moderately established player who's not quite at the top level, along the lines of Lukaku or somebody like that (but not Lukaku).

Ok. Ok. I am catching up here. Busy day at work!!!!
Sorry, I don't know why I did that. :D

I mean, you're only an hour behind on the news, it's not like you're rushing into the room out of breath and hurriedly announcing that they just shot JFK. ;)

I'm surprised people actually engage him in conversation in here. He's obviously posting for reactions.

Aside from the ddg saga, who are you boys signing tomorrow then?

Jon Walters handed in a transfer request didn't he?

Joey Barton signed for Burnley so no luck there...

Giggs is in line for a return to a player/assistant role to add some experience...

Bebe and Ali Dia are still available from what I can gather!

Sorry, I don't know why I did that. :D

I mean, you're only an hour behind on the news, it's not like you're rushing into the room out of breath and hurriedly announcing that they just shot JFK. ;)

Wait, he's been shot?

I would hazard a guess that it's because you are just that type of person, really
I am, undeniably. It's funny how people are very unwilling to admit to their faults, but I'm definitely that guy. I don't necessarily like that side of me, but it's always there, lurking just beneath the surface, like an uncontrollable ****. :D

Anyway, I think Man U still have big business to complete tomorrow, and I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see them splash out on a £40m forward, but I'd bet on a steady hand in the £20m-£25m range.

I am, undeniably. It's funny how people are very unwilling to admit to their faults, but I'm definitely that guy. I don't necessarily like that side of me, but it's always there, lurking just beneath the surface, like an uncontrollable ****. :D

Embrace it, join the dark side!

(we may or may not have cookies)

Rooney

Di Maria Mata Depay

Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger

Shaw Jones Smalling Darmain

De Gea

To be fair, I would say that LVG only let one of his strongest team go willingly and that was Di Maria.

De Gea was outside his control though it could have been handled better.

I don't think the issue at centre back is grave as people think, United have a solid record defensively but the creativity and fluidity upfront is lacking...

I don't know how you go about addressing that but if they want to challenge for the title something needs to change in their attacking structure, maybe Marital will give them the pace they need?

Archived