Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ST - Rooney/Martial/Wilson

AML - Memphis/Young

AMC - Pereira and Herrera?

AMR - Mata

Then add in Lingard, and it that really all we have at the minute? I mean, I'm all for Pereira getting more minutes, but that is a ridiculously thin attack.

It's all just so... odd? I mean, surely we don't have 8 players lined up to sign before the deadline? :D
Haha, we're the kings of baffling transfers...especially when it comes to foreign strikers...I've seen this all before, you're all heading for disaster with these deals ;)

Adnan going on loan makes perfect sense. He's not good enough. Having him here won't change that.

This. Hopefully he'll get better playing regularly, if he does that is.

Maybe we're going to see a change of system...when Bale arrives..:thup:

Thin and ridiculously short on quality.

Ah yeah I forgot about Fellaini, surely we have to going for Mane again in the next 24 hours?

Happy with £29 million and Navas for De Gea. Navas is very good, not De Gea levels, but not far behind.

I'll be pretty peeved off if DDG goes, whether we get £20m or £40m for him. Last season we had two genuine world class players in the squad, and by tomorrow evening both could be gone. It weakens the squad even if di Maria was poor (for his standards) last season.

Januzaj loaned out baffles me, it really does. Hopefully we have more than just Martial more or less tied up, cause the squad looks thin now. Injuries to Memphis and Rooney and our attack is totally fecked. Smalling goes down and that's our defence out too. Would be perfect timing with some lengthy injuries on international duty :nervous:

Hopefully we have more deals in the works though. It's hard to believe we'd send out so many guys without proper plans in place.

It could mean more chances for Wilson and maybe Pereira, but they're not ready to be starters too often (yet).

Ah yeah I forgot about Fellaini, surely we have to going for Mane again in the next 24 hours?

The amount of times Koeman has said no one else is leaving., there's no way that's happening.

Hopefully we have more deals in the works though. It's hard to believe we'd send out so many guys without proper plans in place.

Even if there are plans in place, confirming players are leaving without already signing players is crazy. Plans fall through.

Podolski - under 2 million;

Pedro - 21 million;

Cech - 10 million;

Deulofeu - 4 million;

Adama Traore - 7 million;

Anthony Martial - 36 million :O :O

I think it is madness, he is undoubtedly a very bright player but he has 4 goals in 12 games for France U-21s, scored only 11 goals in a less competitive league last season. People are saying that he is worth this money because he got the better of Bellerin (who is also a 'rookie' in professional football terms and was even more inexperienced last year).

Podolski is a world cup winner, Pedro is a CL, WC and Euro winner, Cech has been a fantastic goalkeeper since 2004.

I would place him in the same bracket as Deulofeu and Traore in terms of experience and reputation (has shown quality but still plenty of room to develop) and look at the prices both have gone for...

Maybe they should send James Wilson on loan to France for him to grab a few goals and then sell him for a similar price...

What is the difference in quality between Martial, Hernandez, Wilson?

Podolski is terrible and you didn't really have a chance with Cech

ST - Rooney/Martial/Wilson

AML - Memphis/Young

AMC - Pereira and Herrera?

AMR - Mata

Then add in Lingard, and it that really all we have at the minute? I mean, I'm all for Pereira getting more minutes, but that is a ridiculously thin attack.

That is really quite weak. I didn't realise it was quite that bad.

Journalists are quoting 40m Euros + Navas but its not confirmed.

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't actually 40m Euros for DDG and we pay them 50m for Navas... just to round off this whole shoddy month.

I'd take that offer with or without Navas to be fair. Great price!

What a bizarre thing to say.
Dropping our new signing when he needs as many minutes as possible in a new league. Great idea.

He needs his striker making runs. Not only to create that pass, but the space for him too. Someone mentioned how many more crosses Young had than Depay. Well yeah, it's easier to cross when you have Fellaini in there.

I'm not saying sell him or anything drastic like that, just bench him for one game. He's been ****ing awful. Being a new signing should have nothing to do with it. One game on the bench isn't going to prevent him reaching the potential he has, but he doesn't warrant being in the team when he keeps playing so awfully. Give Young a start, seeing as he had one of his best seasons last year (admittedly not saying much).

The point I was clearly making is he has been awful in the PL so far, not sure anyone can actually dispute that, and being a sub for one game could focus him a bit more, but certainly isn't going to prevent him developing on the whole.

I'm not saying sell him or anything drastic like that, just bench him for one game. He's been ****ing awful. Being a new signing should have nothing to do with it. One game on the bench isn't going to prevent him reaching the potential he has, but he doesn't warrant being in the team when he keeps playing so awfully. Give Young a start, seeing as he had one of his best seasons last year (admittedly not saying much).

The point I was clearly making is he has been awful in the PL so far, not sure anyone can actually dispute that, and being a sub for one game could focus him a bit more, but certainly isn't going to prevent him developing on the whole.

There's a difference between dropping him because he's not good enough to be in the team (arguable but meh) and dropping him as some kind of negative renforcement as if he's a dog that doesn't know ****ing in the living room is bad unless you rub his nose in it. He's a 21 year old man, I think he knows when he's been playing badly or not.

The worst thing about Martial is that if he turns out ace, Mendes will be orchestrating a move to Madrid in similar circumstances as DDG.

At this rate, we might make a profit this transfer window.....where was that £150m pot we were planning to spend. ;)

Been busy all day with no access to online/tv.

Come online and stick Sky Sports News on and seems a whole load of stuff is going on.

Evans confirmed to WBA - Said it yesterday or day before, sad to see him go, will be a cult legend for me. Love the guy, but clearly was not in LVG's thoughts so glad to see him get a move to a club where he will, you'd expect, play regularly.

Januzaj loaned to Dortmund - Not sure why the general consensus of this move is bafflement, he has been truly awful for 18 months and I've said numerous times he needs a move to a club where he will play regularly, and deserve to play regularly. Not sure a team of Dortmund's level is the right move, he MUST play regularly and I'm not convinced that will happen at Dortmund. A lower club would probably have made more sense, but let's see.

de Gea expected to move to Real Madrid - It was always coming, never expected to keep him for the season, was just inevitable. Such a huge loss, and really feel we need to replace him as Romero does not look close to being at his level. This will really hurt us.

Lindegaard to move to WBA subject to medical - Not much to say, surplus to requirements.

Hernandez confirmed to Leverkusen - Clearly wasn't rated by LVG. Not good enough to lead the line permanently but a very good option to have in the squad and off the bench. Even more so considering our options.

Wilson to go out on loan, looks like WBA - A little surprised by this given the move of Hernandez. Leaves us with Rooney as our only recognised striker, with Fellaini being used there and possibly signing this Martial fella...

Martial in from Monaco? - Whilst it certainly doesn't mean he isn't good enough for us, I've never heard of him, which is somewhat worrying. Even more so for the reported price, and when you then look at some of the names who have moved clubs and their fees (Pedro as one example).

So, um... everyone's leaving and we're possibly signing one player who a lot of people haven't heard of and doesn't appear to have exactly set Ligue 1 alight. Has to be at least one other name coming in, right, or is that wishful thinking?

Valdes to leave?

Navas in?

Can't say I'm in love with this transfer window atm :D

There's a difference between dropping him because he's not good enough to be in the team (arguable but meh) and dropping him as some kind of negative renforcement as if he's a dog that doesn't know ****ing in the living room is bad unless you rub his nose in it. He's a 21 year old man, I think he knows when he's been playing badly or not.

I'm saying he should be dropped because he's been horrendous. Being a new signing shouldn't necessarily prevent that.

I'm saying he should be dropped because he's been horrendous. Being a new signing shouldn't necessarily prevent that.

Well what you actually said was "needs a game on the bench otherwise he'll begin to think that what he's producing is more than acceptable."

Which is completely ********.

yeah. the weird part is why dortmund where he's not guaranteed games? at least he's in good hands with thomas tuchel i suppose.

Exactly this, unless we've got assurances from Tuchel that he'll get a reasonable amount of game time then that is a terrible loan move. It just really doesn't make any sense given how thin our attacking options are.

Archived