Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good win and performance last night, would have been even better if not for Hernandez. :mad:

Herrera is class, moreso as a no.10

Don't think Januzaj will be starting for any while, not done much in his starts this season.

What a pass from Basti. :applause:

Rooney!!! Boy did he need those goals, should send him on a run now, hopefully.

Its awesome to once again have two very good, compotent full backs, new Nev and Evra? Most likely in time.

I was really impressed with Shaw yesterday. Its hard to play with someone like Depay in front of you since overlapping wont do you any good when someone cuts inside and always keeps te ball. So it was a good choice to defend higher up and just hand over the ball to midfielders or Depay.

Oh my, I missed that. Brilliant! At what point in match?

A steward chased after a fan that got on the pitch (from what I read), didn't handle the wet surface too well.... :lol:

At the end there was an announcement that the United fans had to leave to catch the last train.

"We're Man United, we do what we want"

Just brilliant :D

Shaw is going to be the best left back in the world I am sure. He is a tremendous defender, doesn't get beat every often at all and then on top of that has an absolutely great engine with technical ability. If he watches his fitness he will only get better. He may even become an attacking player like Bale did.

Herrera has to play as a 10. He's just a very good, intelligent player with the right attributes for the role. He will get 10+goals there and as many assists given a starting place. Im not as convinced by him in a 2 man deep midfield.

makes so much difference having a pair of full-backs as good as shaw (20) and darmian (25) who both have great room for improvement at those ages. as for herrera, surely only a matter of time before van gaal realises playing him in front of schweinsteiger and schneiderlin is our most effective midfield. he's so good at running from slightly deeper INTO that 10 role/area and then taking risks, as opposed to januzaj who stands too far forward with his back to goal too much, and then takes too long to decide what to do/gets knocked over anyway. he needs to be playing out wide and running at people from that space outside to be most effective. unfortunately for him memphis has that role secured now.

The only way the group could be any more favourable would be Lyon for travel reasons and probably Gent instead of Wolfsburg, although neither are very good. Sod sending the team all the way to Kazakhstan, Israel or Belarus from pot 4 though, glad we dodged that one.

Moscow away before City at home.

Is this from when we played 3-4-3 against Wolfsburg and Owen got a hat trick?

It is, I was there that game. Mad that the game this year will be on exactly the same date.

Draw could have been both a lot worse and a lot easier.

All are teams that are capable of getting something if they bring their best, but on the other hand we should expect to beat them all and win the group.

Pot 1. We got PSV where as we could have got Barcelona or Bayern which would have been utterly horrible, PSG wouldn't have been ideal. Couldn't have been much better than PSV, Benfica and Zenit probably not much better so can't argue with our Pot 1 opponent.

Pot 3. Moscow not the best for the trip but looking at the 8 options in that group there isn't much to choose between them at first glance. Happy to avoid Lyon, Roma and Sevilla.

Pot 4. One of the tougher teams we could have had, would probably have wanted them least though their far worse options in terms of travel in that pot.

That all said, we should really win the group, and to not qualify at all would be unforgivable.

Arsenal's draw is easy, so I expect them to make hard work of it. I think both City and United will struggle; I don't think your group is anywhere near as easy as some of you seem to believe. Chelsea will be fine.

Arsenal draw is not easy. Bayern for a start are a class above but what you have to remember is Arsenal play Bayern 3rd and 4th game. They lose those 2 and suddenly they may be behind Olympiakos who they then have to travel to in gameweek 5. Going to Greece is not easy. Just look at Olympiakos last season. Beat Atletico and Juve at home IIRC and have beaten Arsenal not too long ago as well.

Be a shame to see Evans go, one of our best players for 2/3 seasons in a row before the past couple but seems to be one of those anomalies where a player can thrive under one manager/strategy and completely fall apart under another.

I'd say £6m with potential to rise to £8m for a defender who has played 17/14 league games in the past 2 seasons - and has in fact over the past 7 full seasons played 17, 18, 13, 29, 23, 17, 14; so only once really hit what you'd like to see as a minimum for a starting CB - is pretty good.

Will always be a player I remember fondly.

plus his overall appearance record isn't that bad, before van gaal he'd averaged 30 games a season in all comps since 2008. he was also our best defender from like 2011-2013. will be a good signing for west brom once he gets playing again and regains confidence.

We (Celtic) are apparently signing Tyler Blackett from you on loan. I assume he's crap.

He's not crap, but I don't think he has enough in his game for a career in United either. A bit odd if he is shipped out too, when Evans appears to be leaving. Blackett can play both CB and LB, and it's always nice to have versatile backup players.

Getting into that hectic period now, and I expect more incoming and outgoing in United. Some are bound to go on loan, and I do wonder what happens to McNair, Pereira and Wilson. All are near the first team, but not quite there yet.

Archived