Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should we really get carried away by this? :confused: It's Club Brugge, and according to the Norwegian commentator they are missing like 9 first team players as well. Not sure if they are all actually first choice players, but he's mentioned it in both legs.

It's great to watch, but they are a complete mess now. Helps that our players finally are making runs off the ball though. And not just one at a time either.

Should we really get carried away by this? :confused: It's Club Brugge, and according to the Norwegian commentator they are missing like 9 first team players as well. Not sure if they are all actually first choice players, but he's mentioned it in both legs.

It's great to watch, but they are a complete mess now. Helps that our players finally are making runs off the ball though. And not just one at a time either.

I don't think anyone is getting carried away :) It's just a friendly the way Brugge are playing.

Maybe excited is a better term than carried away. Guess I'm cautiously excited to. If we do anything similar attacking wise against Swansea I'll consider getting excited. Still think we need another attacker or two. And a central defender, but I guess that's not happening.

I don't know what to say :D

Regardless of how determined you are to be wrong, we could play for another 3 days solid and Brugge wouldn't have score 3.

Hernandez with another Chica special.

I was right. First half wasn't very good. Stepped it up second half.

I saw the press conference, and he definitely meant up front as 9/10. Even made a joke about it, sort of.

Don't disagree with him either. As he implied, we have better options in CM now, and Fellaini is more useful to us up front than in central midfield.

Really hope DDG will stay, but can't shake the feeling that we're not playing him because he's gone, and if we did in the CL qualifiers he'd be CL-tied if we go through (think that's how it works).

As good as our transfer business has been so far (it really has been good), this would mean losing the only world class players in the team in the same window in DDG and di Maria.

Two steps forward and two back?

Playing against Brugge wouldn't have cup-tied De Gea.

Playing against Brugge wouldn't have cup-tied De Gea.

From what I read way back, players who played in the qualifier for teams that got through, would be cup tied, but not if they played for teams that didn't get through. Sounds a bit bonkers. but I wouldn't put it past the schmucks in charge.

What I read could be wrong ofc.

Well, that was a lot of fun to watch.

- Question for LVG: Do we look more attacking with Januzaj or Herrera in the 10? Really? Really????

- It might not be Chelsea, but the rumors of Rooney's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

- Memphis is an interesting balance of sublime and car wreck.

- Luke Shaw was indominatable.

- I like Daly Blind, but I want to appreciate him for his versatility, not as one of our back two starters.

- The pass to Herrera was just one little glimpse of Schweinsteiger's class. What a pleasure to watch him today. Please stay healthy.

- Romero didn't have to do much, but he did it well again.

- Chicha may have been using the wrong studs....or feet...

- Whatever group we end up in isn't going to be happy.

- Romero didn't have to do much, but he did it well again.

City centre pub for the Spurs game, standing at the bar. A genius was spouting off about this 'unknown' goalie and how much he didn't rate him. First question to him was "ever seen him play?", the reply was "don't need to mate, sh!te". "You don't watch World Cup finals then?", "Nah, so fuking what? What's your problem?"

I take issue with the maxim that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

A lot of good teams in Pot 2, I think it's the better place to be.

3 'weak' (OMG how can you say they're weak!!!) teams in the top pot you can draw compared to Chelsea, for instance, Valencia, Leverkusen and Porto the 'weakest' they can draw from pot 2.

Prefer PSV, Benfica or Zenit really, wouldn't you?

Good performance last night v a poor Brugge team. As much as I dislike him I'm glad Rooney got a few goals, can only be good for his confidence, one for him for Swansea and then his season could really kick start.

That ball from Basti :applause::hammer:

Hopefully we get a good draw today. One of the weaker teams from Pot 1 would be nice.

Was a great game to watch, and the attack is starting to look like it has hints of our previous fluid moves in it, but we let that poor Brugge team get far too close to scoring IMO. A bit of complacency maybe, will need to be careful about that.

Archived