Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

I'd rather have Giggs in charge than LVG

Haha, Giggs

Get Ole Solkjaer back, he's bound to be a great manager cause you like him

I'll say with a degree of confidence that I don't think Giggs will ever get the United job, as in be appointed United manager not filling in for a few games like before (he was great then, wasn't he)

United are now on this cycle that all the mega clubs are on of bringing a manager in to get results and being shipped out in 2-4 years depending on the level of that success. Giggs is not gonna fit into that

Can kiss 'youth coming through' goodbye as well

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously? That's not hate at all!

Hope you do well in Europe but the Giggs for Manager love is stupid (I realise it's Sid). He has done nothing to really demonstrate he'd be any kind of good manager and these days United will not be the place for him to get his training wheels

With the money being chucked around and inevitable revolving door of managers on the horizon no manager will care about youth. It'll be like Chelsea, no path to the first team, the odd one may appear and disappear but that can't be the empthasis

Why do we need to spend 40 mill odd on Kane when there is a ex striker of ours who has no club in Berbatov :p Surely gotta be better than Rooney currently, wou;ld actually stay as the lone striker, albeit more from lazyness to move but still.

LvG's tactics are weird. We went for it in the first 20 minutes, then had a load of boring football until the last 20 minutes when we went for it again. If we don't get an early goal he just tries to shut up shop and nick a 1-0, it's quite baffling. Has he always been like that?

We were unlucky not to win on Saturday though, Rooney's goal should have stood, Hernandez should have scored and Smalling was unlucky. Would have been 2 or 3-0 on another day.

I like playing Januzaj and think he can be a good player for us but we would have won that game easily if we had Pedro on the wing instead of him. It makes it even weirder to think that we didn't go all out to get him, especially when we were so close to making a deal.

On the Giggs comments, he must be embarrassed to be associated with this football at the moment, wouldn't surprise me if he left at the end of the season.

LvG's tactics are weird. We went for it in the first 20 minutes, then had a load of boring football until the last 20 minutes when we went for it again.

There are more than 2 teams in a football match. Newcastle adapted and then got tired at the end. We "went for it" because those were the periods when Newcastle played badly.

No it shouldn't have.

Howard Webb in his little truck proved it was the correct decision.

Really? What did he say that proves it's the correct decision? All I've seen is a picture showing him in line with the defender.

There are more than 2 teams in a football match. Newcastle adapted and then got tired at the end. We "went for it" because those were the periods when Newcastle played badly.

More than 2 teams in a football match?! Our football completely changed, it must have come from the manager. I like LvG but the team needs to start performing as they should.

Then you must have been very selective, because even his agent basically said we dicked around for too long and blew it.

Damnit Ed. Put it in the hole and start pumping :(

Since the City game last season we've only scored 5 League goals.

5 league goals in 9 games really isn't very good, is it?

5 league goals in 5 months is dire tbh.

We blatently changed formation when Carrick came on. That's why we played better. The worrying thing is we looked far from sharp when we were dominating in the last 20 minutes of the game with lots of missed passes and players losing the ball. I will withhold ultimate judgement on LvG until 10 games in and his style of football might suit European football but I'm starting to think the guy is senile.

Reading the comments on here (mine included), this quote is quite apt:

"Louis van Gaal has been a very good coach in many clubs but his style is very difficult. He is very tough, people don't like him, but he wins. And one day you don't win - and when you don't win, everybody that is angry with you will come back to you and try to kill you." Ferran Soriano, LVG's vice president at Barcelona

We blatently changed formation when Carrick came on. That's why we played better. The worrying thing is we looked far from sharp when we were dominating in the last 20 minutes of the game with lots of missed passes and players losing the ball. I will withhold ultimate judgement on LvG until 10 games in and his style of football might suit European football but I'm starting to think the guy is senile.

we didn't change formation at all, it was still the same 4-2-3-1. personnel is the main reason we played better: carrick actually passed forward instead of sideways, and hernandez actually got involved and made some runs, creating a bit more space for memphis and mata around him. 9 times out of 10 hernandez puts that chance he had into the back of the net.

£140m!? like ****. If you're willing to pay that for Neymar, you might as well stick another 60 on it and give Barca something to think about with Messi.

Hell, I'm pretty sure that money would definitely get Bale and probably get you Ronaldo back.

What a farce this club has become :lol:

What does a buyout clause do then? If you match it the club still doesn't have to sell?

EDIT: Is it the player that has to pay the buyout clause, not the buying club?

Spanish buyout clauses only apply to other Spanish teams.

Though, obviously, often times Spanish clubs will sell to foreign clubs if the buyout is matched anyway. But they don't have to.

Spanish buyout clauses only apply to other Spanish teams.

Though, obviously, often times Spanish clubs will sell to foreign clubs if the buyout is matched anyway. But they don't have to.

Pretty sure the buyout clauses don't even apply for Spanish teams like they are applied in FM.

For foreign teams, they might as well not exist. The player has to pay the clause, which means the team would give the player the money with a whole hell of a lot on top to cover taxes on the payment.

The clause is most often a sign of how high the club values a player, pretty sure there were reports of Ronaldo demanding a higher clause than Messi had to show he was the most valuable player in the world :D

So again, the buyout clause means absolutely nothing when it comes to us wanting a player.

What does a buyout clause do then? If you match it the club still doesn't have to sell?

EDIT: Is it the player that has to pay the buyout clause, not the buying club?

Not sure if its world wide but with Spanish players, they are the ones that effectively have to pay the buyout clause with heavy tax added on top.

it's like this:

technically spanish clubs have to accept if the buyout is met, though wording in contracts can differ. between two spanish clubs it's normally a very straightforward process. between spanish and foreign clubs the selling club technically has to accept the offer, but they don't have to sell for that amount if they want to be difficult or are reluctant to let the player go (see: almost all athletic bilbao deals). then if the player insists on leaving still, he can buy out his own contract, depositing the money himself with the spanish authorities. that's where an extremely complex tax situation arises, and the amount of tax that needs paying varies and involves all kinds of assessments from accountants and lawyers. so ultimately it can cost the foreign club a fair bit more than the stated buyout fee once all that's been sorted out. however if you've got really good lawyers, like bayern munich have, you can find ways of getting around it as i believe they did regarding javi martinez. it's a long, drawn-out, messy process though, so that's where good relations are important (see: chelsea and atletico's relationship making it easier for all involved).

in pedro's case:

his buyout clause was met, but that's not really the important part ultimately. his clause was reduced to €30m on agreement between pedro and barcelona after pedro said he wanted to leave to get regular football. luis enrique allowed it, barcelona were happy with it. chelsea paid €27m + €3m variables with no tax implications necessary.

£140m!? like ****. If you're willing to pay that for Neymar, you might as well stick another 60 on it and give Barca something to think about with Messi.

On a tangent slightly, but do you think Barcelona would be tempted to accept a £200m bid for Messi?

I guess much would depend on his willingness (or not) to leave, but surely he is the closest thing to a priceless player, even if an unbelievable amount like £200m+ was offered.

On a tangent slightly, but do you think Barcelona would be tempted to accept a £200m bid for Messi?

I guess much would depend on his willingness (or not) to leave, but surely he is the closest thing to a priceless player, even if an unbelievable amount like £200m+ was offered.

Quite frankly they'd be stupid to sell at any price unless they are going bankrupt.

Haven't a clue, but a suitcase with £200m in it in front of the money men will definitely make them think.

Money doesn't seem to be an issue for Utd, might as well up it to £300m. Go crazy.

Archived