Manchester United Thread 2015/16

No, I know that, that's why I'm wondering whether Kante would be a good signing for us, ie do we need him as much as we need someone who does what Pogba does.

I guess if anything Kante would be comparable to what Schneiderlin does for us. I like Schneiderlin and think he will get much better, like Carrick did, and wonder if Kante is enough of an upgrade to warrant getting him.

Suppose if you assume we get rid of Fellaini and Schweinsteiger - or the latter is constantly out injured or only used as a rare backup - then we'd have Kante, Schneiderlin, Herrera and Carrick as our options for the middle 2, with Herrera also capable of playing more advanced, which wouldn't be a bad group to rotate between as the situation saw fit.

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk about Kante, but more about Matic, considering the success he had with Makelele at chelsea

Like many, I'm a huge fan of Kante, but we know there will be a huge bidding war, especially as he continues to play well throughout the tournament. Matic is an excellent player, and will probably cost a fair chunk less, with less competition.

You might be right actually. £20m. Ignore me, we should activate and take our chances.

It may be same as Vardy's? As in for CL teams only

WTF?

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tickets-And-Hospitality/Tickets-And-Hospitality-News/2015/Jul/Away-Games.aspx

For instance:

If an away match ticket is transferred or found in the possession of another supporter, the Club will discontinue your ability to apply for away games. If a ticket is resold to another supporter your Season Ticket will be cancelled without refund, and you will be banned from buying tickets and attending matches for a period of three years.

Mata actually seemed like he could possibly be one of the proper actors in that, if you didn't know who he was. Smalling really made me think of Moss from The I.T. Crowd. Just an awful shower overall, though. :D

Our seasons fixtures don't look too bad at first glance.

Couple of double headers immediately jump out there as being very big weeks in the season. Liverpool and Chelsea both away on Oct 15th and 22nd respectively, then Arsenal and Spurs both away again on May 6th and 13th as the third and second to last matches of the season. Obviously fixtures will get moved around to different times and days, and some moved due to fixture congestion, but those are the major points of the season as they currently stand.

Our last three games are:

Arsenal away

Spurs away

Palace home

Not great.

Spurs might have won the title by that time. I hope we win, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see Spurs step up to the next level to win.

Spurs might have won the title by that time. I hope we win, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see Spurs step up to the next level to win.

:lol: Spurs aren't winning the league ffs

Spurs came third because City, Chelsea and us played worse than them. All 3 won't next year.

Whilst I don't necessarily think Spurs will win the league, I think posting ':lol: Spurs aren't winning the league ffs' weeks after Leicester won the league is a little foolish :D

Whilst I don't necessarily think Spurs will win the league, I think posting ':lol: Spurs aren't winning the league ffs' weeks after Leicester won the league is a little foolish :D

Nah, just a one off. It ain't happening gain. Back to the status quo

Nah, just a one off. It ain't happening gain. Back to the status quo

What exactly is the status quo these days??

As I think there will be at least six or maybe seven teams going for the Champions League places (ourselves, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, and West Ham).

I have no idea what Leicester will do, but that will depend on if they can keep their magic triangle of Vardy, Marhez and Kante, if not, they I think they might struggle.

Who misses out for the three automatic and one qualifying place for the Champions League places is really, really hard to say.

People can say what they will about the quality of the PL the last 5 years or so, but it's certainly a more interesting league to follow than the 1-team leagues in Italy and Germany.

The ticketing system at United is a joke. Releasing all the tickets today. Had to wait 2 hours in the queue to access the website but managed to get stretford end tickets for Southampton and Leicester matches before I got cut off. Now back in the 2 hour queue to try and get a few more tickets.

Who misses out for the three automatic and one qualifying place for the Champions League places is really, really hard to say.

Couldn't disagree more. Us, City, Arsenal and Chelsea will be top 4. Status quo

Couldn't disagree more. Us, City, Arsenal and Chelsea will be top 4. Status quo

No Spurs, or Liverpool??

I could see it being as you say, but then again, I could see a case for quite a few teams being in the top four.

No Spurs, or Liverpool??

Nope. Spurs were only there because 3 other teams were poor and now have CL football to play too. And Liverpool got less points under Klopp than we did with LVG over the same period. They will have some decent performances over the year but will fall short.

Both will need 2 teams to under perform, and I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea or Arsenal missed out but think its unlikely.

Why you clicking my name boy.

Dunno, might have been a misclick ages ago *shrug*

Whatever happens next season, I hope we genuinely take a stride forward. These last three seasons have not been bundles of fun :| Actually a bit odd to think it's "only" been 3 years since we won the league. It feels like a decade ago. Spoilt much? :D

Lets make a list of thread titles we don't want :D

The Manchester United Thread 16/17...

Now with added Jose :cool:

LVG Gone - MourINho

Adiós Juan

InDepaydence day

Mike Smalling's Fan Club

King Eric II

Full blown heavybassX mode there :D