Sports Interactive Community
Harryseaess

Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Be very surprised if he starts ahead of Rooney/Kane/Vardy unless does something extraordinary before the tournament starts. Even Owen wasn't a starter in 1998 initially.

Well no and I don't expect him to. But there's every chance of an injury in the build up after the squad has been finalised. Also with a major cup competition, you come off the bench and make an impact, you're likely start the next game.

I'm so happy for him, and also for us fans. He's an amazing prospect taking every chance thrown his way, all credit to the lad.

If we get Zlatan, that'd be a great for Rashfords development IMO. Maximum of 2 years of Zlatan at a good level, probably only a 12-18 months as a starter. Rashford could stay around the first team, train with a world class striker, and could easily be looking at being a permanent starter by the time he's 21.

If Memphis can sort his head out and have a good year next year, we've a great attacking "unit" as a prospect.

he wont start but should go

Sturridge isn't even training madness to take him

Probably miffed he didn't just stay at Atletico tbf.

Madrid is fresh enough to sting.

Would prefer a right winger, but if Mourinho is happy with the current options (maybe he has ideas about Depay or Mata) then can hardly argue.

So you might be getting 3 players in. Maybe.

Not too surprised. A lot of people have been saying we have quite a few good players that LvG was never capable of getting the best out of' date=' or his stubborn tactics were more important than players individual talents. We probably only need 3 key players to be a great side.

no zlatan :(

I'm not bothered. He was more of a vanity signing imo.

Yeah, a summer of multiple awesome signings would be great, but with Mourinho in charge I'll be happy with 2-3 that we must get in specific places. We do have several players who really should have done better last season, and they deserve a chance under the new manager and can show that it was down to LVG that they struggled. Depay would be the obvious one, and I'd also like to think that Herrera, Schneiderlin and even Darmian will flourish under Mourinho. His first season tends to be an assessment year anyway.

Also not fussed on Zlatan. As Red says it would be one of those luxury signings that we don't necessarily need. Would be delighted if we could prise Kane away from Spurs but don't see that happeneing this year at least.

It's a long summer. The media will keep going back and forth about what players are "lined up" to a whole host of different clubs. We'll probably sign Zlatan at least 5 times between now and whenever he announces where he's going.

He'd be a good signing if he is able to produce the goods for another season or two, but I'm not too fussed either way. Rashford has done incredibly well, and I hope even Mourinho won't overlook that, and actually play the kid instead of sending him on loan to FC WTF in the Swiss 3rd division.

Our squad isn't terrible by any means, but there are some obvious holes, or positions that needs improvement. The most obvious is a partner for Smalling at the back, and replacing DDG if he leaves. Midfield might be fine, especially if Mata isn't sent packing. I'd prefer a more technical and fast player on the right, and I'll be surprised if Mourinho isn't looking for somebody like that. He likes speed on the wings/wide forwards. Another striker to complement Rooney/Martial (probably wide left)/Rashford wouldn't go amiss either, especially if Rooney will be played further back. There is Wilson of course, but I doubt Mourinho will risk that when he can just buy an established player instead.

These things are obvious. If I was a churnalist, I could now start chucking out names that are just a signature short of signing for Manchester United for X millions. What an easy ride they have.

I could see this being a fairly straight forward summer actually. No stupid wild goose chases, just signing a few good available players. Mourinho apparently wants to bring in the guy who negotiates transfers for Perez at Real so he's probably spotted the farce we've operated under the last 3 years.

Think Jose will balance the right with Darmian and Young/Lingard considering the left is very attacking in Martial and Shaw.

Jones will get a chance to prove he is fit enough and good enough.

Striker is the priority imo

But as said already this year will be assessment time. Not many outs, but expect up to 10 players going next summer if they don't impress over the season.

Think Jose will balance the right with Darmian and Young/Lingard considering the left is very attacking in Martial and Shaw.

Jones will get a chance to prove he is fit enough and good enough.

Striker is the priority imo

But as said already this year will be assessment time. Not many outs, but expect up to 10 players going next summer if they don't impress over the season.

Indeed. Probably just a rumour but makes sense that he is being linked with Willian, would fit that hard working right had side player who is still a threat.

Rashford needs an experienced forward with him. He's still got a lot to learn and we can't expect him to play and deliver over 50 odd games.

Indeed. Probably just a rumour but makes sense that he is being linked with Willian, would fit that hard working right had side player who is still a threat.

Rashford needs an experienced forward with him. He's still got a lot to learn and we can't expect him to play and deliver over 50 odd games.

This is what our entire fan base and the media needs to realise.

I fully agree, though I take it that means Martials future is out wide or at another club? I want an experienced forward as long as Rooney is gone.

Having Rashford, Martial, Rooney and new striker in same starting eleven worries me a bit even if Rooney thinks he is the next coming of Scholes.

Also we are not going to play a variant of 4-4-2 which Jose never does, we will have one central striker, two wide players and a 3 man midfield

I'd much rather us play a proper front 3 with a 3 man midfield anyway. Martial is hardly being limited out wide, all his best performances for us have come there. A wide role nowadays isn't the same as it was 5 years ago. Rashford would pretty much be second choice for all 3 positions in a front 3 too, although I'd be far more worried about shunting him out wide than Martial, which is probably his best position anyway.

Martial is a Left forward for me. May end up playing as a striker but right now he is best for us off the left

Koeman defending van Gaal. Interesting given their history, but I think he has a good point. Independent of the hatred many feel for the man, the club treated van Gaal very poorly with how the sacking went about.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-united/ronald-koeman-blasts-man-united-for-treatment-of-compatriot-louis-van-gaal-34754796.html

Martial is hardly being limited out wide, all his best performances for us have come there. A wide role nowadays isn't the same as it was 5 years ago.

Yeah agreed. Martial plays left wing similar to how Neymar/Hazard do.

Plus, if the tactical set up is good enough, it doesn't really matter where Martial/Rashford/Depay start because they're all more than good enough to float around and switch positions.

Closing in on the 50th year anniversary of the first European Cup. Saw a recap on MUTV. Have only seen the goals before. Best was some player... dang.

His goal against Benfica (in 66?) where he beats 3 players in two touches and then slots it past the keeper is still the most aesthetically pleasing goal ever.

I'd be very happy if we just got three good signings in. CB, MC and ST would be perfect.

His goal against Benfica (in 66?) where he beats 3 players in two touches and then slots it past the keeper is still the most aesthetically pleasing goal ever.

Surprised it was listed as

, as it's an unusual one, but I have always liked it. Such a great touch.

(As with 99.9% of football videos, remember to turn off the sound unless you have a strong desire to cut off your ears and pour acid into them)

Looking at some of these old clips and matches, that team really was something else. Wouldn't have minded having Charlton, Best and Law in our current team! And then there was a short interview with Busby I saw the other day, where when asked which was his best team, he said there was no doubt in his mind it was the pre-Munich one. Such a shame what happened :(

Haha, George Best talking about Sir Matt, but it is equally fitting for Sir Alex.

Best human I've ever met, made everybody feel at home, treated my dad as a king, remembered everybody's names, didn't have team talks, just said "Go out there and enjoy yourselves." SAF learnt a few lessons from that man :cool:

CBJ and Rashford have signed new contracts until 2020 with option for a further year.

:thup:

Speaking about el Beatle...

GettyImages-535885588-475x410.jpg

Now then... where are my eggs, tomatoes and rocks...

Haha, George Best talking about Sir Matt, but it is equally fitting for Sir Alex.

Best human I've ever met, made everybody feel at home, treated my dad as a king, remembered everybody's names, didn't have team talks, just said "Go out there and enjoy yourselves." SAF learnt a few lessons from that man :cool:

LVG was slightly different :D

he would have dropped george;)

That's like a really poor modelling website photo.

something out of 1980's catalogue

Speaking about el Beatle...

GettyImages-535885588-475x410.jpg

Now then... where are my eggs, tomatoes and rocks...

looking at both of them ....woody has cracked one off and jose has walked into it:D

Caption Contest

"If you time it just right, you can throw players from here under an actual bus."

13308381_10153783829737746_7427742281035134679_o.jpg

Caption Contest

woody ''that's the place the first time I told Ryan he would be the next manger''

jose ''did you tell him it was the under 12's though''

There is a similar pic of Woodward pointing from inside OT. Wouldn't surprise me if he's arranged that shot in a Brent style bit of arrogance, probably thinks he looks dead cool.

13308381_10153783829737746_7427742281035134679_o.jpg

Caption Contest

"Check the boobs on that girl over there!"

"Eddie, that's Daley Blind."

Tell you what, they could do with replacing that glass where Woodward and Jose were stood, the state of it ffs.