Sports Interactive Community
Harryseaess

Manchester United Thread 2015/16

The only style of play that matters is a winning style of play.

In other news, Rashford is likely to start for England tomorrow against Australia. I can see us scoring a few. Good luck to him.

Can we get this stupid deal done already?

I want that mug Robbo posted. In red.

you can also get the post in red when I took out the bet jose to be next Utd manager about to collect £100 tomorrow.............if it announced then :D

Is he injured or does he have a slight boo-boo? The lad comes off as if he's a total wuss, if he was a normal working stiff I'd expect him to be one of those who phones in sick at least once a week.

klopp eluded to this a few months ago, the question is do you risk taking someone like this to a tournament he is a good player and ahead of rashford at this stage , but I wouldn't take him, hoping the young man has a brilliant game tomorrow and goes to euros

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

When's the first press conference??

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

When's the first press conference??

Right after Mata is put on the transfer list.

First things first! ;)

Right after Mata is put on the transfer list.

First things first! ;)

He can keep Fellaini and Rooney company. In Jose we trust :D

What I'm most excited about with Jose is renewing our rivalry with arsenal to the 98-04 levels. That was genuine hatred.

Liverpool, City, Arsenal are going to be absolutely huge battles this year.

Can't wait.

Sid will pretend this post does not exist

Which is funny as most of us pretend that he doesn't exist.

What I'm most excited about with Jose is renewing our rivalry with arsenal to the 98-04 levels. That was genuine hatred.

Liverpool, City, Arsenal are going to be absolutely huge battles this year.

Can't wait.

Add Chelsea to that too, he'll be wanting to get one over on them.

Which is funny as most of us pretend that he doesn't exist.

who are you talking about? :p

you can also get the post in red when I took out the bet jose to be next Utd manager about to collect £100 tomorrow.............if it announced then :D

Nice! That was a pretty safe bet.

"I think I am in the right moment in my career. Manchester United is one of these clubs where you need really to be prepared. It's what I used to call a giant club. Giant clubs must be for the best managers. I think I'm ready for it. I could say I'm happy, proud honoured, but the reality is what I love is to work and I cannot wait for 7 July."

"I think we can look at our club in two perspectives - one is the past three years and another is the history. I prefer to forget the last three years. I prefer to focus on the giant club I have in my hands now.

"What the fans are expecting me to say is that I want to win. The players need to hear that, but I think we can really, it's not just to say it. I want to give what I have and what I don't have. To give everything to go in the direction we want."

"It's curious that I played so many times against Manchester United with other clubs and there was empathy. I was pushed by that feeling to say sometimes things my clubs were not happy with. For example when I won with Real Madrid I said the best team had lost. Not many people were happy with that."

-----

Charm offensive begins, our club indeed :D

edit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Enx-QuWP08

I bloody love him. He's saying the right things already, something we haven't had since SAF left.

The season has only just finished and I want it to start straight away again.

Jose :*)

I'm Giddy :D

If Ice or Ham don't change your name to Giddy now after that declaration then I'll be most disappointed.

If Ice or Ham don't change your name to Giddy now after that declaration then I'll be most disappointed.

Don't! We've got a Euro draft going on and he'll throw a strop again ;).

Don't! We've got a Euro draft going on and he'll throw a strop again ;).

Harry knows :D

7th July. Thats when Jose will do his first presser. Can't wait.

Can't we cancel the euros and start the season early? :D

Hopefully Mourinho can do that press conference on the 7th July with Ibra and a few other big signings announced.

Really hope we start getting our business done early now.

Anyone checked whether Pan is alright?

He's on suicide watch :D

Considering the incredible amount of whining he did last time, we're not going near that again...

Considering the incredible amount of whining he did last time, we're not going near that again...

Disgusting way to treat the saviour of OTF if you ask me :p

Disgusting way to treat the saviour of OTF if you ask me :p

That's why we don't ask deluded nut jobs :brock:

That's why we don't ask deluded nut jobs :brock:

Fair :(

:D

It may not be popular but I wouldn't mind getting rid of Mata (assuming he gets replaced). He's just too slow for me, not really what I want to see in an attacking midfielder. Hopefully we'll get a good fee for him if Jose decides to sell.

It may not be popular but I wouldn't mind getting rid of Mata (assuming he gets replaced). He's just too slow for me, not really what I want to see in an attacking midfielder. Hopefully we'll get a good fee for him if Jose decides to sell.

I wouldn't have a problem with him being sold either. He's much better playing off the right, but doesn't have the pace to mix it up out there.

And if we are going to shoehorn Rooney in, which I hope Jose won't, then I would rather he's played at 10 rather in centre midfield.

Mourinho's contract with us expires at the same time that Moyes' would have :D.

F'in hell. What bright spark thought that one up then? How much compensation did we give Moyes?

Would imagine a non-CL qualification clause of some description would have been in play so not the full amount at least.

Great news about Jose. Looking forward to seeing who he brings in this summer.

United's twitter page tweeting a 20 second clip of him saying that he has been a subscriber to MUTV for at least the last three years. :cool:

"I think I am in the right moment in my career. Manchester United is one of these clubs where you need really to be prepared. It's what I used to call a giant club. Giant clubs must be for the best managers. I think I'm ready for it. I could say I'm happy, proud honoured, but the reality is what I love is to work and I cannot wait for 7 July."

"I think we can look at our club in two perspectives - one is the past three years and another is the history. I prefer to forget the last three years. I prefer to focus on the giant club I have in my hands now.

"What the fans are expecting me to say is that I want to win. The players need to hear that, but I think we can really, it's not just to say it. I want to give what I have and what I don't have. To give everything to go in the direction we want."

"It's curious that I played so many times against Manchester United with other clubs and there was empathy. I was pushed by that feeling to say sometimes things my clubs were not happy with. For example when I won with Real Madrid I said the best team had lost. Not many people were happy with that."

-----

Charm offensive begins, our club indeed :D

edit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Enx-QuWP08

Straight out of the Liverpool book of PR :lol:

Best news of the day is that Solskjær still refers to United as "we" :thup:

£5.2m to get rid of him and all the coaching staff.

Bargain.

OIC. Not as bad as I thought. :D

And if we are going to shoehorn Rooney in, which I hope Jose won't, then I would rather he's played at 10 rather in centre midfield.

I completely disagree. Players don't get much time on the ball before being closed down at 10, if they're not already being man marked, which means they need to be great at operating in tight spaces (first touch, dribbling, opponent/team-mate awareness, finding gaps between the lines). Rooney isn't really very good at those things, he's much better with a bit more thinking time, pinging passes around from a deeper central position.

On the other hand, Mata is awesome playing at 10. Would love to see him there next season.

I bloody love him. He's saying the right things already, something we haven't had since SAF left.

The season has only just finished and I want it to start straight away again.

I feel exactly the same, it's so refreshing having a manager who knows just how big a club Utd is and who you know won't downplay expectations!

The man could not hide his smile :D

Come on Jose, smile already!

It's great to see how happy he is, you can see how much he wants to be here, this is more than just a job to him, already calling Utd "our club", absolutely delighted for him, so good to have him here!

I wouldn't have a problem with him being sold either. He's much better playing off the right, but doesn't have the pace to mix it up out there.

I just have so much faith in Jose that whoever he sells/buys, whether he plays Rooney CM/CAM/ST, I don't mind, I can just sit back and trust in the manager.

Saw a stat earlier that Sir Alex and Jose are the only 2 managers in the PL to achieve over 90pts in a season, I'm already dreaming of Champions League triumphs too, I'm getting waaaaay ahead of myself aren't I? :D

Backed Rashford at 150/1 top scorer for the Euros. Figured if he has a good game tonight those odds may plummet rather quickly. Would not be surprised to see him start with Kane at this rate. Every test that comes his way, he's just beasting through them.

Edit - Scored a goal, and dropped to 50/1 :)

Be very surprised if he starts ahead of Rooney/Kane/Vardy unless does something extraordinary before the tournament starts. Even Owen wasn't a starter in 1998 initially.