Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

Not a clue who this Bailly lad is, so hopefully he is the real deal. Pretty sure Jose wouldn't be spending £25-£30m on him if he wasn't and it is nice to see us getting things done early on, should this deal go through.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kingrobbo banned? Can't see any offending posts in his history, I miss the days where offending posts weren't deleted so you could actually see why the person was banned.

Still, whilst I can't recall him ever posting anything rude or nasty, he was a terrible poster. Intrigued to know what tipped the mods over the edge.

Would have liked a ready made experienced centre back but always happy with a new signing.

22 year old international with experience in La Liga, Europa League, are there any realistic potential signings who have more experience?

Jose doesn't half like signing physical, young, French speaking defenders. Varane, Zouma, and now Bailly.

Good to see the club addressing the clear problem areas too. Just need Zlatan and a playmaking central midfielder. Possibly a right winger too, but I'd rather give Depay a chance there as he's not getting in ahead of Martial on the left and he's too good to be backup.

22 year old international with experience in La Liga, Europa League, are there any realistic potential signings who have more experience?

don't know, but someone who has played more than 50 first team games and who isn't referred to as raw talent.

That and the fact he's not signing till after the 30th, as by doing so he will fulfil the terms of his PSG contract and get a hefty bonus

Seen a lot of chat on this - how is this any different to any other Bosman-esque free transfer. Surely none of them are officially completed until after the existing contract is up? Unless there's a lot of ******* about with pre-contracts, and the clause relates to that? Seems a touch pernickety though.

Yes! A new CB. Maybe if LvG had got his ass in gear and did this he wouldn't have been sacked. Is it too greedy to hope for another CB or is that overkill?

I'd like another either a young ball player or a more experienced CB. I'd be interested to see if a Godin/Chiellini/Bonucci type player could be tempted to chance their arm in the Prem. Stylistically Bailley sounds similarly front-foot to Smalling, so it'd make sense to sign a partner for him.

Chatter from Germany is we're going to trying for Mkhitaryan (however you spell it). Whilst I have no idea if it's true, I'm just glad it appears Woodward has been reigned in from trying to get the unattainable Bale, Ramos and Neymars of this world (but I guess there is always Pogba...)

Chatter from Germany is we're going to trying for Mkhitaryan (however you spell it). Whilst I have no idea if it's true, I'm just glad it appears Woodward has been reigned in from trying to get the unattainable Bale, Ramos and Neymars of this world (but I guess there is always Pogba...)

Would surely spell the end of any silly Pogba chase. Juve have long had him down as a target, especially if Pogba were to leave. The fact that they are going after Pjanic, sounds like they are bracing for bids from someone after Pogba anyway. Lots of these moves are going to be interlinked

There's no way Madrid won't be in for Pogba, especially with Zidane. We should stay well clear as we wouldn't have a chance.

A move that would see Kroos on his way out, and on the market

Disagree about avoiding him though, if they are going in then force their hand early, get it resolved early one way or the other, or even then go after Kroos as the alternative

Exactly what everyone else said about Carrick. Yes he is in decline, but managed correctly he can still have some influence on the season. There will be Europa and cup games where we may see a younger side, so his experience will be crucial, not to mention the influence he can offer away from the pitch.

Not sure that being able to win international youth tournaments is any kind of benchmark of a good coach at preparing young players for being a senior professional.

Not sure that being able to win international youth tournaments is any kind of benchmark of a good coach at preparing young players for being a senior professional.

I believe he's only coming in a consultant capacity. Think it has more to do with restructuring the academy program than actual coaching.

Archived