Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, George Best talking about Sir Matt, but it is equally fitting for Sir Alex.

Best human I've ever met, made everybody feel at home, treated my dad as a king, remembered everybody's names, didn't have team talks, just said "Go out there and enjoy yourselves." SAF learnt a few lessons from that man :cool:

LVG was slightly different :D

he would have dropped george;)

Hodgson seems to be the only person that knows how to use Rooney. 11 goals in 15 appearances I think for him in an England shirt? That's a terrific return.

Or playing against Lithuania, Slovenia, Estonia and San Marino is his level?

If it wasn't for Rooney, we wouldn't have won the FA Cup. But I guess he's always **** now, no matter what he does. It's usually how this place operates. And RedCafe even more so.

Big congrats to Rashford. What a journey he's had the last 6 months. Theatre of Dreams indeed :cool: Hope all goes well for him, he plays a bit and maybe scores a goal or three, and comes back to Manchester where even Mourinho can't ignore him.

Sad to see "rumours" of Mata leaving, but it's hardly shocking news unfortunately. If given his honest opinion, I doubt he'd be all "hugs and kisses" about Mourinho :lol:

Rumours that Blind and Mata on the way out and Carrick has signed to stay on a year.

Love Carrick but probably at the phase where he has to be phased out now for Schneiderlin or whoever, and Blind would still be a very handy player to have in the squad, if not starting - certainly not at the back anyway.

Mata would be more expected as Jose didn't rate him much despite being fans POTY two years in a row, though he's one that I'd like to see stay but wouldn't be hugely fussed if he went - like Blind in fairness.

If true and those two leave, it hopefully means we are bringing in some real quality players who will be starting matches.

Blind leaving sounds like just rumours to me, presumably based on Blind being about the only person willing to publicly say that getting rid of LvG might not have been the right decision. He looks very much like the sort of positionally-aware, possession-retaining player Mourinho likes to have at the base of midfield, as well as having been first choice centre back where the existing cover is very thin even if Mourinho (hopefully) does bring in someone better there.

I think Mata is more likely to stay than the media suggests as well: ultimately he left Chelsea because they received a huge bid for him and Mourinho marginally preferred Oscar in a side with superior alternative creative options to the current United squad rather than any huge falling out or incompatibility. I can't imagine Moyes and van Gaal not having been just as irritatingly insistent on him tracking back anyway...

Love these rumours. Jose has been in the job 4 days now, hasn't got back room staff or spoke to any players but somehow the press know what he's thinking.

He will at least do preseason with everyone and then make up his mind. It isn't like he needs to sell to buy.

Both easy targets imo. He already sold Mata once and Blind isn't exactly the big physical player Jose usually likes.

I've not renewed my season tickets for next year but my mate has transferred them into his name. On the phone the woman was saying that because they were being transferred they would get reset back to 'red' tickets meaning no away games. Mate said he wanted to opt out of league cup & Europa games if he couldn't apply for away games. Woman in the ticketing office suddenly found a loophole to keep the ticket at it's current level :D

Demand is at an all time high though according to United.

Money grabbing ******** more like.

Have the Stones rumours started yet? A Smalling-Stones partnership at club and national level might actually be pretty beneficial if they can click but is it too much of a risk when there may be better defenders out there?

Pogba would be great and just what we need. Would be delighted to get him (back).

Would be much more excited about that than Zlatan. Said before, Zlatan would be a luxury signing though I've not got much issue with us signing him. Absolutely no way you can argue getting someone like him for free but obviously it is only going to be a one year thing - two if he does really well and he then wants to stay.

Getting sick of hearing about Zlatan, given that nothing has been confirmed yet the whole world is commenting on it as though it's a done deal.

You think it's bad now, just wait till it's confirmed when Ice renames the thread the Zlatanchester United Thread.

Archived