Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

I wonder what Jose would have to do to redeem himself in Pans eyes. Do you think he has time to find a cure for every form of cancer while he's manager? Maybe if we're out of the Europa early...

Nothing, because he'd have to admit hes wrong :D we'll have to endure Pan overblowing every little thing that isn't done perfectly by Mourinho now.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sturridge injured? Oh surely you jest?

Is he injured or does he have a slight boo-boo? The lad comes off as if he's a total wuss, if he was a normal working stiff I'd expect him to be one of those who phones in sick at least once a week.

All the Mourinho stuff will be ironed out in a day or two, I'm sure but signing his name etc. over to Chelsea was a stupid idea.

Like others have said, appears that Rashford may be going the Euros after Sturridge's injury. Don't think I'm that happy about that, but then again, if he goes and gets himself a goal or two surely it's only a good thing.

Is he injured or does he have a slight boo-boo? The lad comes off as if he's a total wuss, if he was a normal working stiff I'd expect him to be one of those who phones in sick at least once a week.

He's just massively injury prone. No doubt they are taking no chances this close to the tournament

I wonder what Jose would have to do to redeem himself in Pans eyes. Do you think he has time to find a cure for every form of cancer while he's manager? Maybe if we're out of the Europa early...

Giving debuts to 18 academy players in 3 years maybe? Playing a teenage forward in a CL final perhaps?

It's not very tricky for those souls lucky enough to be able to read. I've said it often enough. Mourinho's results will probably be fine, that's not what I am worried about. For me, this club that I love is about more than just results.

Still no word from the Club. Causing the number of twitter experts on NYSE regulations to treble over the past half hour.

EDIT: Norwood's now confirmed, good enough for me. Announcement tommorow apparently.

I'm so happy right now. I aren't sure whether that's still because LVG is gone, or the fact Mourinho is in.

We all have our concerns about his "style of play", but he has in the past played good attacking football. It would be naive of him to have not noticed the reaction to this seasons dull boring football. I highly doubt that an incoming manager would continue with the same boring football. The fans demand something more urgent - and I am sure that he is aware of expectations.

I think that I am mainly happy as I can look forwards to an interesting summer, with club related news, signings etc, and then look forwards to a new season. Had LVG seen out the last year of his contract, it simply would not have mattered about who we signed, nor would I have been able to muster any excitement to a new season with him at the helm.

I don't share the concerns of many about his style of play, no issue with it at all, my issues are that I dislike him as a person. In the past he has been so classless and he comes across as such a smug jerk. And that was before the stuff with Eva Carneiro. I'm definitely happy mpre because LVG has gone than because Mourinho is coming in.

That said, excitement for the new season is 10x more than it would have been with LVG still here, as you say. There is now good reason to look forward to our summer activity.

I don't like him as a person but, this season aside, I also can't doubt his ability as a manager - so hopefully the implosion at Chelsea isn't going to have a repeat, so I'll back him as our manager until he gives reason not to.

Can we get this stupid deal done already?

I want that mug Robbo posted. In red.

you can also get the post in red when I took out the bet jose to be next Utd manager about to collect £100 tomorrow.............if it announced then :D

klopp eluded to this a few months ago, the question is do you risk taking someone like this to a tournament he is a good player and ahead of rashford at this stage , but I wouldn't take him, hoping the young man has a brilliant game tomorrow and goes to euros

What I'm most excited about with Jose is renewing our rivalry with arsenal to the 98-04 levels. That was genuine hatred.

Liverpool, City, Arsenal are going to be absolutely huge battles this year.

Can't wait.

Add Chelsea to that too, he'll be wanting to get one over on them.

you can also get the post in red when I took out the bet jose to be next Utd manager about to collect £100 tomorrow.............if it announced then :D

Nice! That was a pretty safe bet.

"I think I am in the right moment in my career. Manchester United is one of these clubs where you need really to be prepared. It's what I used to call a giant club. Giant clubs must be for the best managers. I think I'm ready for it. I could say I'm happy, proud honoured, but the reality is what I love is to work and I cannot wait for 7 July."

"I think we can look at our club in two perspectives - one is the past three years and another is the history. I prefer to forget the last three years. I prefer to focus on the giant club I have in my hands now.

"What the fans are expecting me to say is that I want to win. The players need to hear that, but I think we can really, it's not just to say it. I want to give what I have and what I don't have. To give everything to go in the direction we want."

"It's curious that I played so many times against Manchester United with other clubs and there was empathy. I was pushed by that feeling to say sometimes things my clubs were not happy with. For example when I won with Real Madrid I said the best team had lost. Not many people were happy with that."

-----

Charm offensive begins, our club indeed :D

edit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Enx-QuWP08

I bloody love him. He's saying the right things already, something we haven't had since SAF left.

The season has only just finished and I want it to start straight away again.

If Ice or Ham don't change your name to Giddy now after that declaration then I'll be most disappointed.

Don't! We've got a Euro draft going on and he'll throw a strop again ;).

If Ice or Ham don't change your name to Giddy now after that declaration then I'll be most disappointed.
Don't! We've got a Euro draft going on and he'll throw a strop again ;).

Harry knows :D

Archived