Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for the new season, I honestly think Mourinho is such a good fit for United and little things I hear like the ease of contract negotiations & how much he wants to be here added to how he has always seemed to have an underlying respect for us really make me believe he will be a huge success.

I don't know the facts so I won't pretend but at the two clubs (Chelsea & Real) where he didn't win the CL and where he had fall outs, those were the clubs where it seemed he was undermined, basically the board/chairman were clearly in control weren't they? at Porto and Inter this wasn't the case was it?

With our board and history Jose will clearly be the boss and the players I believe will know that, any potential unhappy players or player revolts down the line and you'd expect the board would fully back the manager too, Fergie had his fair share of player fall outs whilst both Moyes and LVG had unhappy dressing rooms but the respect from players always seemed to be there and I'd imagine this comes from the top and is down to our set up/structure.

I won't lie, when Moyes left I wanted Klopp whilst LVG was my second preference, obviously Mourinho wasn't available at that time but he was the man I wanted in after Sir Alex, if I could have the pick of any manager in world football to manage United I'd honestly pick Mourinho every single time! He is a winner, he isn't a one trick pony when it comes to tactics and can set up his teams in many ways, his character/personality also made Chelsea likeable to me, I'm just so happy, I really can't wait to see what Mourinho does with us, hopefully good times ahead :thup:

We're getting a new team \o/

Would be happy with Stones, Mane and Ibra

Don't think they do it any more, but it was always a fun read when manutd.com kept an overview of all the players the club was linked with over the summer. The list was loooong! :D

I see there are already rumours of Matic ffs. Hope it's just the press talking out of its collective arse again.

Any 'big names' that we might want that is a Mendes player? Mourinho always buys a pack of those.

Don't think they do it any more, but it was always a fun read when manutd.com kept an overview of all the players the club was linked with over the summer. The list was loooong! :D

I see there are already rumours of Matic ffs. Hope it's just the press talking out of its collective arse again.

Any 'big names' that we might want that is a Mendes player? Mourinho always buys a pack of those.

Wasn't Matic one of the players who stoped playing for Jose at Chelsea. One of the main problems they turned to ****?

Wasn't Matic one of the players who stoped playing for Jose at Chelsea. One of the main problems they turned to ****?

I heard the opposite. He was one of the few players who kept putting in the shifts to lift the teams performance. I never watched Chelsea so I couldn't say for certain though.

Matic is a properly lazy journalist rumour that seems to be ignoring how expensive he would be for what is essentially a slightly taller version of Schneiderlin.

Now I've said that we'll probably go and sign him for £40m.

Is Matic not more of a sitting player than Schneiderlin? We need one but he's exactly got the biggest passing range has he? Could be totally wrong there as he's one of those players who go unnoticed unless you watch the team lots I suspect.

A lot of Chelsea fans have slept on him because of last season but for me is one of, if not the best DM around when on form. I hope we don't lose him. I think he has everything. And he defo does not go unnoticed. He does not just sits, he drives from midfield and takes the ball forward. Great and making long bursting interceptions and is very solid. Like a lot of our other players, he was poor last season but we would be stupid imo to get rid off him.

Not questioning his quality, he was one of the best midfielders in the league last year. More questioning whether his skillset would fit in with our current midfield because we really lack a someone who can pass the ball out from the back and I remember Matic having that, but then I'm not the best person to judge.

A lot of Chelsea fans have slept on him because of last season but for me is one of, if not the best DM around when on form. I hope we don't lose him. I think he has everything. And he defo does not go unnoticed. He does not just sits, he drives from midfield and takes the ball forward. Great and making long bursting interceptions and is very solid. Like a lot of our other players, he was poor last season but we would be stupid imo to get rid off him.

Fair enough, sounds like he overlaps a lot with what Schneiderlin tries to do and probably isn't the best fit then.

I may be being stupid here and forgetting someone obvious but has Mourinho ever signed someone that he's managed at a previous club?

EDIT: Just remembered Ferreira.

Carvalho?

That certainly seems like one of the pluses with Mourinho, I'll give him that. Gets his business done early. Will also hope that Mourinho looks to be coming in this early, where as van Gaal obviously came in after the World Cup. Mourinho coming in before this seasons CL Final has even been played, and his propensity for getting his transfers done without any faffing around is certainly a major plus.

Watch us still dawdle anyway and end up not buying until transfer deadline day :D

I wonder what Jose would have to do to redeem himself in Pans eyes. Do you think he has time to find a cure for every form of cancer while he's manager? Maybe if we're out of the Europa early...

perhaps jose can send him a merchandised item

77b00c3bb6bc7f649b839da2d0a10f66.png

Archived