Sports Interactive Community
Harryseaess

Manchester United Thread 2015/16

More like City will be 2-0 up at HT and we'll start our match with no interest.

How'd we tell the difference?

Suspect package found in the North West quadrant. Either someone has left a bag, or Van Gaal has stolen the FA Cup and stashed it there

Disallowed City goal. Inevitable delayed.

Nevermind. He's given it. City 1 up.

Match abandoned

Crazy. No final day drama for us :(

Hopefully. Need the focus on the FA cup game.

Although if City win then just play whoever.

This is surreal. Let's hope it is just a forgotten bag.

Apparently it's a "device" not just a bag.

If it is then someone has done very well to get it in. Security at OT is extremely tight usually

It just seems so unlikely inside. Getting in there with a drink is tough.

I dont reacll ever being searched when i went, i kinda hope its more likely to occur now but in the several years BBB and I had our pair of ST's no searching whatsoever. I guess arriving soon before kick off helps there mind you ;)

Stan Collymore tweeted that it was a phone connected to a pipe with wires.

And someone i follow on Twitter who works at OT said they've spoken to a colleague and he said "its shocking what has happened" but wont elaborate what on Twitter.

If we win 19-0 a city draw is good enough for us! Good news guys, he HAS to play attacking football...

I hope I never have to experience something like that again. Wonder when they'll play the game, not good considering we have the FA Cup final still to come.

Pardew planted it. #Conspiracy :ackter:

If game is not replayed before Saturday then Fellaini is suspended for the Cup final :lol:

Grey clouds and silver linings, eh?

In all seriousness though, the way the club has dealt with it was brilliant though as it turns out it was so serious that a bomb squad has come down to the stadium. Thank God everyone is safe.

Controlled explosion has been carried out

LVG has been told he's been sacked?

Probably play it behind closed doors tomorrow if the Premier League decide to have the game played.

Are you implying that there is even the slightest possibility that the PL would just decide to not bother having the game played at all? :D

Are you implying that there is even the slightest possibility that the PL would just decide to not bother having the game played at all? :D

Well if City win/draw and Southampton/West Ham draw/lose then we'd finish 5th regardless

Well if City win/draw and Southampton/West Ham draw/lose then we'd finish 5th regardless

Bournemouth can go up about 4 places tho no? That's like £8m

Bournemouth can go up about 4 places tho no? That's like £8m

Hadn't looked at that admittedly, fair enough. City game has finished as a draw, no Champions League against next year. Hopefully that's Van Gaal gone

so just 19-0 required :lol:

:D

But in all seriousness, I'm just glad everything played out without incident.

I take it here are no rules that state we have to play the same team as the one confirmed for today?

Hopefully we rest everyone who plays the cup final of its played this week

I take it here are no rules that state we have to play the same team as the one confirmed for today?

Hopefully we rest everyone who plays the cup final of its played this week

Think it has to be the same squad that's on the teamsheet, unless a player is injured or suspended.

Could easy be a dummy run by terrorists, to see what protocol is in place for such an event.

Hopefully it is just some idiot that thought it would be funny to cause a major incident, But one things for sure security will be even higher from now on.

Could easy be a dummy run by terrorists, to see what protocol is in place for such an event.

Hopefully it is just some idiot that thought it would be funny to cause a major incident, But one things for sure security will be even higher from now on.

It wouldn't be a dummy run. If you could put a hoax device there in the first place, you'd make it the real thing.

i honestly feared the worst after they put the terror alert from ireland up in the week.

wtf is wrong with the human race?!

GM Police: "Bomb disposal experts carried out controlled explosion at Old Trafford on what is described as incredibly lifelike explosive device"

It wouldn't be a dummy run. If you could put a hoax device there in the first place, you'd make it the real thing.

By the sound of it there was a mobile phone taped to a gas pipe with stripped wires on the floor. All easy thing to get past security without carrying a bomb. Create the situation to see how groups get gathered ect for future attack not necessary the same ground.

Terrorists don't do dummy runs, it's completely counter-productive. Anything you might gain you risk losing 10x over, especially something so obvious as a phone strapped to a gas pipe.

By the sound of it there was a mobile phone taped to a gas pipe with stripped wires on the floor. All easy thing to get past security without carrying a bomb. Create the situation to see how groups get gathered ect for future attack not necessary the same ground.

Or do it all the first time. Security will change and will be tighter than ever now.

By all accounts the security at OT has been incredible all day.

Or do it all the first time. Security will change and wilk he tighter than ever now.

Yeah, either it works and you might as well have brought a bomb or it doesn't and you've blown your cover without any actual reward.

Terrorists don't do dummy runs, it's completely counter-productive. Anything you might gain you risk losing 10x over, especially something so obvious as a phone strapped to a gas pipe.

Exactly. It was designed to be a very good hoax. Nothing more. The shithead still deserves jail time.

By all accounts the security at OT has been incredible all day.

Yeah, either it works and you might as well have brought a bomb or it doesn't and you've blown your cover without any actual reward.

Yep. They were the ones to initially found and dealt with it.