Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So frustrating, Valencia and Depay both make runs in behind and there's no effort to find them. If the plan is to ping it into Rooney and have runners off him then Carrick and Herrera have to find him earlier. They've both been awful in that regard.

Well that was one of the worst halfs of football we have produced this season. Thank Christ Norwich look awful as well, though they do look more threatening than us.

For a start move Mata inside and Lingard out wide. Why have Mata up against a pacey full back and Lingard looking like a little boy lost @ #10 with neither the vision to pick a pass or the technique to execute it?

BT said we have picked up 5 points from 5 games against the bottom 3 this year. Does anyone think we will win today? Its awful. Our starting position for every attack seems to be Rooney in their half and the other 10 players in ours. We are playing at a walking with no speed to our passing and no movement. People seem reluctant to give the ball to Valencia and Depay when they push on too. Awful.

We will need city to lose to Arsenal and draw against Swansea for us to finish top 4. Can't see us causing an upset away to West Ham.

I dunno. We tend to play better against teams that open up against us, which is what West Ham will likely do.

A win is a win I suppose, but that was awful. Just want to see some good attacking football.

Rooney got so lucky with the goal. He tried his very best to **** it up.

poor Adnan, ready to come on twice :D

We will need city to lose to Arsenal and draw against Swansea for us to finish top 4. Can't see us causing an upset away to West Ham.

They're losing 3-1 at home to Swansea (WHU that is)

City drawing Arsenal and you folks winning your last two would get you 4th (even if they defeat Swansea). Would that be the lowest goal output for a 4th place finish? The only other team who finished 4th in the PL with a similar GF (less than 50) is Everton in 04/05 :D

Ont thing LvG has ever picked the team I would've chosen. Ferguson & even Moyes got it right more often than not.

So the manager has only ever gotten it right if they picked the team you would have? Should probably go in to this management game. Not saying LVG has got it right today, but still :D

Resting Blind and Rashford :D I know 4/5 games back I was advocating resting Rashford (more taking him out of the spotlight and shielding him from the exposure than anything) but with a few games and the FA Cup final left, away to a team who you would expect to give everything as they battle to avoid relegation is not the time to do it. And I'm one of many here who aren't huge fans of Blind as a CB - at least not in the long term - but taking him out and putting Rojo there is just baffling.

Anyway, not the best start with Martial injured in the warmup (second time that's happened this season iirc) and Darmian off early in the first half with an injury. What a terrible performance it was. After the last few games where we - for probably the 6th time this season - suddenly found something and looked like we had clicked in attack, we go back to utter mind-numbing nothingness. No creativity, no guile, no plan, and no urgency. Depay was woeful today. He genuinely looked Sunday League level, and that's being mean to the guys who pay their few quid subs to go and play on a glass and dog **** littered pitch for 90 minutes on a Sunday morning. Lingard was no better. I keep hearing the commentators go on about how Lingard has been one of the real positives about our season and it leaves me completely confused as to what they are seeing. So sloppy and doesn't really offer much in terms of threat. I don't think it is any coincidence that in losing Martial and Rashford we looked entirely clueless up top.

Herrera has been frustrating me for a long time as well, he is so sloppy with his passing in the most part, but unlike Lingard or Memphis he does occasionally make a good interception or challenge, or a lovely pass.

Smalling was his usual commanding self, could forgive him turning to **** when he realises he likely has to play 90 minutes with Rojo and Valencia either side of him.

Still, 3 points, wait and see if City carry on falling apart.

Also, thought it was hilarious that Januzaj was ready to come on TWICE and got sent back to the bench. Almost like LVG has had a word with him over his attitude midweek then done it to test how he reacts to being disappointed like that twice in the same match :D

Also, I found it incredibly poor that Darmian was being tended to and waiting so long for a stretcher so close to the pitch. Take him further off if he can't move and needs 7/8 people around him sorting out a stretcher. Very nearly ended up with 3 players slamming into them which would have done some damage to those 3 players, the medical staff, and Darmian.

Thought Herrerra and Mata were the only two guys to come out of today with any positives. Rooney was utter tripe, he should have scored the goal himself but messed it up. Lingard and Depay were missing second half. Depay is worse than Bebe...

Depay was terrible today but he's been far from "absolute *****". He's shown more than enough in bursts this season to suggest there's a brilliant winger there.

I'd say his season has gone as such: started well then was dropped at the first sign of a slump in form, then had some good/some bad sporadic appearances, but ultimately hasn't been given enough game time. Wait... this sounds familiar.

Was on a very long bus ride during the match, but glad to see we won. Still a chance for top four, though I guess Liverpool could make that entirely meaningless? Not sure about the rules there, but apart from that possible bombshell, if we win the last two, we have a chance.

Archived