Sports Interactive Community
Harryseaess

Manchester United Thread 2015/16

It'd be like talking to Gizzy about Moyes.

It is known

There is no need to attempt a conversation with someone who clearly has a irrational hate of a person.

? Like a certain female tennis player?

Club have confirmed that we're classed as the away side for the final so we'll be wearing the white kit.

Not sure why we're the away side considering we qualified for the final first?

Club have confirmed that we're classed as the away side for the final so we'll be wearing the white kit.

Not sure why we're the away side considering we qualified for the final first?

Why should that matter?

Why should that matter?

Qualified first, wear home kit?

Doesn't really matter anyway but you'd think United would wear their home kit as they got to the final first.

I don't see why that is in any way relevant, especially as neither team had a say in which semi final was to be played first.

Really not sure why you'd think we get to wear our home kit because we qualified first :D

We qualified first because our match was earlier, not because we earned our spot in the final any quicker than Palace did.

I'd imagine they 'draw' the teams in the final like they do other rounds and who ever is first out is the home team or do a coin toss and who ever wins has the option of wearing their home kit.

I did enjoy that Craig, sounds like Fatslogic :lol:

It's a "coin toss" iirc, from memory the home dressing room (and thus kit etc.) is the "lucky one" in neutral games.

Should go alphabetically. Second in the alphabet is the home team.

Like a certain female tennis player?

Admitting the troll... right?.... right????

Just incase we didn't already know, United are a bunch of arseholes. There's a story in the Manchester evening news about them trying to get exec members to renew for next year or they will cut the number of tickets they're allowed for the cup final.

However I've had an email too saying I'm only allowed to apply for one cup final ticket despite having two season tickets with my name on. Apparently it's in the interests of fairness to other fans. Quite happy to let me apply for aways on both, happy to let me have two tickets for crap Europa games, league cup games & literally every other game this season. Happy to take my money twice over all season. Cup final arrives & I'm only allowed one ticket.

I've got maximum cup credits on both cards but they are not allowing me to apply on one of them because it's not fair on others.

Not judging, just curious. How come you have 2 in your name?

They rang at the start of the season to tell me the seat next to mine hadn't renewed & did I want it. Obviously selling two tickets together is easier than trying to shift one for any games I cannot get to. My mate has used it all season though & gave me the money at the start of the season. So there have been games I couldn't get to due to work & vice versa.

Was told at the start of the season having two registered to one person & one bank card wasn't a problem. That tells you everything you need to know about how they struggled to shift tickets for this season as even four or five years ago they wouldn't have allowed it.

So I'll apply & pro ay get a cup final ticket but give it to my mate as it's a bit harsh he's used a ticket all season for me to nit then give him the opportunity for a cup final.

What revisionism?

You claimed he was defensive, you were factually incorrect. What they actually do is shut down at first sign of vulnerability, but goal scoring isn't an issue. Your reason actually felt apart in one post.

It's been shown his record with youth isn't actually completely horrible either.

I've seen lots of strange things, Pangaea admitting he's wrong about Mourinho even in the face of unassailable numerical evidence is probably a bridge too far. I doubt he even bothered reading the post lest he had to think nice thoughts about The Special one.

See, this is the kind of stuff I find increasingly hilarious. A year back he was a defensive minded despicable character that would only trust youths as far as he could toss them. Judging by your talk, all of that is apparently horsecrap. I've watched football long enough to differentiate between a defensive approach and an offensive one. And when you even start talking about Mourinho not being so bad with youths, then all I can do is laugh in wonder at the revisionism. Like I said before, people probably have him as our next manager in their heads already, so the excuses are at the ready. If he for some reason doesn't become our next manager, maybe things will normalise again.

Has anybody lost a season ticket before? I had 4 in my wallet and somehow one isn't there anymore, don't know where it could have gone, searched everywhere.

What's the policy? Report it and they block the card and issue a new one? The problem is that the season ticket is in my cousins name and he lives in London now so doesn't make many games, is he going to have to be the one to pick up the new ticket?

Report it stolen, get a crime reference number. They only charge half price if it's been stole. From what I remember reading. Although they might just give a replacement ticket seeing as there are only two home games left

See, this is the kind of stuff I find increasingly hilarious. A year back he was a defensive minded despicable character that would only trust youths as far as he could toss them. Judging by your talk, all of that is apparently horsecrap. I've watched football long enough to differentiate between a defensive approach and an offensive one. And when you even start talking about Mourinho not being so bad with youths, then all I can do is laugh in wonder at the revisionism. Like I said before, people probably have him as our next manager in their heads already, so the excuses are at the ready. If he for some reason doesn't become our next manager, maybe things will normalise again.

Again, you're competely ignoring the fact you've been shown to be categorically wrong on the defensive football thing. But just keep pretending it was never posted, that won't make you look less silly at all. You can't revise the number of goals scored, it's a matter of public record. You can let your pretty hate get in the way of admitting you're wrong though.

@Coldberg that does seem incredibly harsh, it's not as if you'd be planning to sit across 2 seats.

What he doesn't trust is players from the academy, and he was better at that in his earlier career than now (shown by players he has succeeded and failed with

He's ok at with established youth in the side.

He's offensive up until any weakness gets exposed, then he shuts the side down (shown by both goals scored and playing style)

He's still got a lot answer for behaviour wise.

Facts get posted, and you simply laugh. That just makes you an idiot not worthy of further interaction.

Has anybody lost a season ticket before? I had 4 in my wallet and somehow one isn't there anymore, don't know where it could have gone, searched everywhere.

What's the policy? Report it and they block the card and issue a new one? The problem is that the season ticket is in my cousins name and he lives in London now so doesn't make many games, is he going to have to be the one to pick up the new ticket?

Seem to remember it being £15 to replace the last one I lost. They send it out to your address and you can get a paper ticket for the any games that are on while it's out on delivery.

Aah, we're off to name calling now. Great. By a mod even.

I've not disputed that some of this teams have scored many goals. Sir Alex' later teams scored heaps of goals too, and those of us who remember past a couple of nights, remember that although results were great, the football wasn't always great to watch. Also pretty darn hard to NOT score heaps when you're in charge of Real Madrid. Mourinho's teams have also had a knack of "putting teams to the sword", scoring 5-6 past them. I'm not saying he parks the bus all the time, but a cautious/negative approach is a central part of his philosophy (ooooh). I find it baffling how people can even question this, when he's done it practically his whole career.

But negative football isn't my main concern. I'm more worried about youths no longer getting a real chance to make it to the first team. And his behaviour is pretty horrible, especially when under pressure. Those are bigger issues than negative football (especially in the big games). After all, if LVG's United were sitting first in the table and played a CL semi final this week, with the exact same style of football as this season, I doubt so many would want him sacked.

what he isn't good with is academy players but is okay with established youth players? yeah mate that's the entire point. he doesn't bring players through. not that he doesn't use who are already first team players.

and yes he's played attacking football almost exclusively with real madrid rather than any other club - when he had a squad so good against 95% of the teams he faced he could do without reverting to pragmatism. which is exactly what he did in CL knockouts against reasonable teams and above and also consistently with inter.

there were periods of his first chelsea stint that his team did play very good football i thought - robben and duff flying down and he did also try and start his second chelsea stint more expansively but caved in early doors and reverted to type again.

fwiw i don't personally think the style of football he brings on isan issue as it gets results and i would argue the playing style has its own art to it IMO. but the problem is the circle he creates around himself with his ego.

Report it stolen, get a crime reference number. They only charge half price if it's been stole. From what I remember reading. Although they might just give a replacement ticket seeing as there are only two home games left

Cheers :thup:. I did this and United are going to send out paper tickets for the final two games and won't charge anything. I'm shocked.

Good news, Harry :thup:

I'm reading that the club will set up buses to the cup final too, for free. It's something at least.

Cheers :thup:. I did this and United are going to send out paper tickets for the final two games and won't charge anything. I'm shocked.

Good to hear Harry :thup:

Good news, Harry :thup:

I'm reading that the club will set up buses to the cup final too, for free. It's something at least.

Good to hear Harry :thup:

That's worth a cup final ticket I reckon. I'll meet you at wembley.

All 4 already have an owner, sorry :(.

Re: Mourinho and youth - I've seen various articles around that Mourinho doesn't believe a player is mentally ready to play at the top level until they're 22/23, which is partly why the likes of De Bruyne and Lukaku left Chelsea, because they thought (and have obviously proved) that they were good enough.

what he isn't good with is academy players but is okay with established youth players? yeah mate that's the entire point. he doesn't bring players through. not that he doesn't use who are already first team players.

Really? Wouldn't've expected to see reams of comments about him not playing Rashford, CBJ, TFM, etc. if that was the entire point.

Re: Mourinho and youth - I've seen various articles around that Mourinho doesn't believe a player is mentally ready to play at the top level until they're 22/23, which is partly why the likes of De Bruyne and Lukaku left Chelsea, because they thought (and have obviously proved) that they were good enough.

Well he's got a point to a degree. It's like I was saying a while back, there's this post-Rooney/Messi/Ronaldo notion that if a player isn't the business by 18 then they won't make it. Was De Bruyne (whom I've always liked and thought Chelsea were mad to sell fwiw) really pulling up trees before he was 22 (he's 25 in the summer)? Depends by what is meant by 'ready to play at the top level' I suppose. Obviously some can produce at that age but they tend to be the exception; and it's not as though there aren't scores of players who debuted in their teens but came to nothing.

Not to say there isn't a wider issue of how he prepares players for that level, mind.

Really? Wouldn't've expected to see reams of comments about him not playing Rashford, CBJ, TFM, etc. if that was the entire point.

Well he's got a point to a degree. It's like I was saying a while back, there's this post-Rooney/Messi/Ronaldo notion that if a player isn't the business by 18 then they won't make it. Was De Bruyne (whom I've always liked and thought Chelsea were mad to sell fwiw) really pulling up trees before he was 22 (he's 25 in the summer)? Depends by what is meant by 'ready to play at the top level' I suppose. Obviously some can produce at that age but they tend to be the exception; and it's not as though there aren't scores of players who debuted in their teens but came to nothing.

Not to say there isn't a wider issue of how he prepares players for that level, mind.

Indeed that's what I'm getting at RSB.

I'm not overly concerned about the players you mentioned getting game time. I am concerned about those behind them getting the breaks from the academy. Jose is decent at the former, poor at the latter. Whether he's capable of changing that ( and he surely must know that he has to) remains to be seen.

Just had an idle thumb through some of the back end of the 2012-13 thread. Anyone squealing 'revisionism!' on Mourinho might want to refresh their memory of many of these same points being raised the best part of three years ago.

yea and how many people wanted Moyes over Jose?

none ;)

wonder if everton will take him back??

doubt it now, see Hughsie is being linked to that job

Feyenoord youth Tahith Chong has confirmed he is joining Manchester United. Espn running story good news we are getting some good quality youngsters into the academy let's hope that it continues

Yeah poor showing from my club Feyenoord that. Both insiders of Feyenoord and Chong himself confirm that he left because we did not have a proper plan for his future (aside from the attractiveness of playing for United obviously). A point of criticism more youth players (and potential youth players) have had lately.

Gutted that we've lost him, but fair play to United, hopefully he'll perform well for you in the future!

KDB was excellent at Werder Bremen and was our best player in the opening PL game against Hull.

Feyenoord youth Tahith Chong has confirmed he is joining Manchester United. Espn running story good news we are getting some good quality youngsters into the academy let's hope that it continues

I thought he was Chinese when I saw the name.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by kingrobbo viewpost-right.png

I thought he was Chinese when I saw the name.

no dutch and has the most amazing afro

he is a genuine prospect read the article it looks like he went to city/Chelsea/arse etc but on coming to OT that sealed the deal he loved the feel of everything about the club and the project they are undertaking in bringing in high quality youth for first team:thup:

Valdes' loan at Standard Liege has been terminated. Nobody loves Victor.

He didn't actually did he?!

Yeah, said players like De Gea had no experience of winning titles. Also said Carrick and Rooney had only won one title, maybe more :D I mean, they only have five each so he's not that far off :D

Valdes' loan at Standard Liege has been terminated. Nobody loves Victor.

Injured and Liege want to play their younger players for the rest of the season apparently.

Wow, LVG just keeps excelling himself doesn't he. Can't believe he has said that, despite some of the ridiculous stuff that he has come out with previously. It's almost like we've got the 'Dave' version of LVG and not the real one.

As Ice says, Carrick and Rooney have 5 apiece, Smalling and Valencia have 2 and Schweinsteiger, whilst not for United, has 8 Bundesliga titles to his name. We also have a few others on one title each.

Genuinely starting to hate the man rather than simply just wanting him out.

Apart from the youth that have came through recently only Martial, Herrera, Shaw, Schneiderlin and Darmian have not won a league title. So 5 players from a full squad :rolleyes:

Got to be another case of being lost in translation. Its got to be.