Sports Interactive Community
Harryseaess

Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Simeone is the absolute.perfect manager for Madrid. Whether or not he would be perfect for anyone else is unknown.

Edit.. for those who have blocked sid that was to him!

Well any manager who has not managed us would be unknown whether they are good for us or not, that's why we give opinions on this. I'm basing it on the way he manages is completely 100% opposite to LVG who clearly is not suited to us at all.

I genuinely don't know what the answer is with LVG. I really want him out, but the only apparent replacement is Mourinho who I absolutely don't want anywhere near the club. I guess the only positive outcome is Mourinho coming in and genuinely being a changed character who isn't the classless, petulant idiot he's been elsewhere, but I highly doubt that woud be the case.

I echo your thoughts. Not the part that Mourinho shouldn't be anywhere near the club however. But it is truly upsetting that the only viable replacement to LVG is in fact Mourinho. Wish we could get someone after the Euros, theres bound to be one of the managers that leaves their post after the tournament whose good enough to be United manager surely?

LVG has sucked all the life/enjoyment out of watching Utd cant wait for this season to end

I do not like Jose due to the circus he brings, and his style of play....but I will take him over this rubbish

I don't know the myth about mourinho playing non attractive football. This guy helped Madrid break goal scoring records. He gave Chelsea the highest points total ever in the PL while playing good football. He has had success everywhere he has gone. His worst stint was his last at Chelsea but still won the league. The guy is a born winner. Don't like controversy? Then moyes would have been the perfect manager. I quite frankly could not care about what he does off pitch as long he brings good football and success to the club which he has done all his career.

I am sure if he gets it jose will be a more humble person, and not want to let down those on the board who have obviously had to fight for him to get the job, he has had a good break had chance to reflect and do some of his own scouting etc, he should come in refreshed and hungry

we have to get this right this time and sticking with LVG, giving it to Giggs are not the right options, we have sat on our hands when the best options have gone elsewhere(or they didn't want to come to Utd)

I am 99.9% certain LVG goes no matter if he gets 4th and wins the cup, forget the utter rubbish we are playing what counts to the people running the show is $$$££££ and due to this bluffer that is on the slide .....so he is a goner:thup: and rightly so and the best quality option is Jose, so for all his faults he has to be the choice......who knows Utd might just be the dream combination and instead of doing his 2-3 year stint he/the club might be the start of a long love affair;)

we have scored 40 goals in 33 games PATHETIC

I am sure if he gets it jose will be a more humble person, and not want to let down those on the board who have obviously had to fight for him to get the job, he has had a good break had chance to reflect and do some of his own scouting etc, he should come in refreshed and hungry

we have to get this right this time and sticking with LVG, giving it to Giggs are not the right options, we have sat on our hands when the best options have gone elsewhere(or they didn't want to come to Utd)

I am 99.9% certain LVG goes no matter if he gets 4th and wins the cup, forget the utter rubbish we are playing what counts to the people running the show is $$$££££ and due to this bluffer that is on the slide .....so he is a goner:thup: and rightly so and the best quality option is Jose, so for all his faults he has to be the choice......who knows Utd might just be the dream combination and instead of doing his 2-3 year stint he/the club might be a long love affair;)

What bloody world are you living in. No chance that happens. If we win a trophy and qualify for the CL he is going nowhere. He'll probably get a ****ing stand named after him.

What bloody world are you living in. No chance that happens. If we win a trophy and qualify for the CL he is going nowhere. He'll probably get a ****ing stand named after him.

obviously not the same as yours;)

if you are suggesting that should we squeak our way to a UCL place after playing some dreadful football then we have different standards, if the club sticks with this bluffer they deserve all that they will get

NB he is going in a years time no matter what happens and another year of anti football will not be tolerated more for the financial implications than anything else.....the change will be made along with a director of football coming in, no matter what happens regarding where we finish

I declined to listen to LvGs post match interview yesterday but i am reading today that he described Villa as a 'well organised defensive team'.

Villa have won 3 and lost 24 of 34 games this season conceeding a league high 65 goals with a -42 goal difference and have been relegated sitting bottom of the league on 16 points.

We hung on to a 1-0 win at home over the worst team the league has seen in years, perhaps ever. Yeah, wonder why people have a grim view of this :D

this says it all, got to say the last 30 mins were a blur I totally lost interest, I cant take anymore it hurts too much

will have to do this instead

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/manchester-united-fan-falls-asleep-7770949

I declined to listen to LvGs post match interview yesterday but i am reading today that he described Villa as a 'well organised defensive team'.

Villa have won 3 and lost 24 of 34 games this season conceeding a league high 65 goals with a -42 goal difference and have been relegated sitting bottom of the league on 16 points.

I mean saying "they're ****, we should have battered them" would have been a little bit classless.

The bollocks he speaks in public isn't the issue, Fergie talked a load of crap he doesn't believe as well.

yes.. but not on this scale.

they are ****, and we should have battered them, Chelsea thrashed them playing crap ffs.

"Not on this scale" :D

SAF was the master of talking utter **** at every possible opportunity. It's one of the few areas LvG hasn't been an abject failure this season.

LVG believing it is the problem...

Of course he doesn't believe it, but he's hardly going to throw his team under the bus is he?

LvG's problem is he can't get our attack playing anything like a fluid unit, not because he's not putting the boot into a team that have just been relegated.

Gained two points on Arsenal then, dragging them back into the battle for fourth place.

Yes, there is still some very slight hope of CL next season with now being 4 points behind both City and Arsenal, but I'd expect all 3 of us to win our next game. We obviously have to beat Palace, but Arsenal should beat West Brom at home, and you'd expect City to win away at Newcastle.

But we know it's never that simple. You'd have expected Arsenal to win at home to Palace, City like to slip up and Newcastle really are battling for their lives and if Palace can get a draw at Arsenal then they can at our place, too.

Certainly a lot going on this season. A proper title race, a battle for CL, a smaller battle for EL, and a relegation battle.

Yeah they've got two of the relegation battlers coming up (Sunderland & Norwich) and City away, they could easily drop 6 points during the run in.

Whether we'll take advantage is another question entirely.

Nothing to see here. We can't catch Arsenal.

We still have to play Arsenal tbf, so that's either 2 points dropped for both or 3 from 1. Chasing 2 you have much better chance imo.

We still have to play Arsenal tbf, so that's either 2 points dropped for both or 3 from 1. Chasing 2 you have much better chance imo.

Lets say arsenal draw to sunderland and lose to city, we'll still have to win our remaining games which won't happen. if city or arsenal draw then one of them will have to lose again combining with united winning all games. It's too much to ask.

Well obviously it depends on you winning your games - that's kind of the point of football, especially at this point of the season.

Don't think we'll get fourth now but we've got a much better chance of catching and overtaking Arsenal then City.

lets hope they are made to watch our games before they play.....the boredom will send them to sleep;)

Yeah every time the thought of "Theres a chance to get top 4! Arsenal and City are dropping points, we can overtake them easy!" comes along this season, it always ends in disappointment. If we were hanging on to the worst team in the league last Saturday, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'm just preparing myself for another season in Europa.

God that game on Saturday was *****. Playing against a relegated team and the worst in the division yet we score and and then mess around and go in to the corner to time waste near the end, ****ing embarrassing.

As I've said, moaning about us wasting time in the corner with a few minutes left is daft. It would be sheer idiocy to do anything else other than waste time with a few minutes left. If you're 1 goal up on a team with only a few minutes left, that's what you do, you waste the time down to prevent the opposition getting that last-gasp equaliser.

If people want to moan about anything then what they should moan about is the fact we were only 1 goal up against Villa with a few minutes left, but the decision to waste time at the end is absolutely the right one.

As I've said, moaning about us wasting time in the corner with a few minutes left is daft. It would be sheer idiocy to do anything else other than waste time with a few minutes left. If you're 1 goal up on a team with only a few minutes left, that's what you do, you waste the time down to prevent the opposition getting that last-gasp equaliser.

If people want to moan about anything then what they should moan about is the fact we were only 1 goal up against Villa with a few minutes left, but the decision to waste time at the end is absolutely the right one.

Exactly, it's not about the last 5 minutes, it's about the fact we were so bad beforehand that we needed to be wasting time in the corner.

lol wasting time on a corner against villa when 1-0 up..

I'm getting fed up of these silly short corners as well, against West Ham we had Fellaini in the box.. yet short corners.

Exactly, it's not about the last 5 minutes, it's about the fact we were so bad beforehand that we needed to be wasting time in the corner.

Exactly this.

It's not the time wasting on its own as such, it's a symbol for how ***** we are under this clueless buffoon. 1-0 v Villa and clinging on at the end is woeful.

I see they've pushed the season ticket renewal deadline back a couple of weeks to June 1st. Does that mean the club are scared of people not renewing because of LvG and pushing it back means people have chance to renew when we get a new manager? I bloody hope it does.

Then again, I'm not sure if we're gonna get Jose and I really really don't want Giggs (he may be a good manager but I doubt it, he needs to prove it somewhere else first).

It's not the time wasting on its own as such, it's a symbol for how ***** we are under this clueless buffoon. 1-0 v Villa and clinging on at the end is woeful.

I see they've pushed the season ticket renewal deadline back a couple of weeks to June 1st. Does that mean the club are scared of people not renewing because of LvG and pushing it back means people have chance to renew when we get a new manager? I bloody hope it does.

Then again, I'm not sure if we're gonna get Jose and I really really don't want Giggs (he may be a good manager but I doubt it, he needs to prove it somewhere else first).

agree 100%

giggsy is a lovely pipe dream really he needs go and prove himself first...surely even the muppets in our boardroom wouldn't be mad enough to give it to a totally untried manager :rolleyes:

I don't get how we're seemingly turning in to a club that gives important jobs to people just because they're legends at the club (in a playing sense). Since when did you get a top job at United without proving yourself? He shouldn't even be assistant manager IMO, what does he actually offer?

But on the other hand how does he prove himself elsewhere? He's not likely to win a trophy in England with another club. Winning something in Scotland would be meaningless.

If he leaves he won't ever come back in all likelihood.

They are sending DMs on Twitter, its an embarrassment.

agree 100%

giggsy is a lovely pipe dream really he needs go and prove himself first...surely even the muppets in our boardroom wouldn't be mad enough to give it to a totally untried manager :rolleyes:

It's Ferguson who is pushing, via the legions of ex-United players.

Coldberg, he doesn't need to win a trophy, but he does need to prove he can actually manage a club with some degree of success and ambition.

But on the other hand how does he prove himself elsewhere? He's not likely to win a trophy in England with another club. Winning something in Scotland would be meaningless.

If he leaves he won't ever come back in all likelihood.

Has Eddie Howe not been a success?

I'm not saying Eddie Howe is cut out for the United job, I'm just showing an example of a manager proving himself to be decent without winning any of the big trophies.

United shouldn't be giving the managers job to an unproven manager. You shouldn't be getting the United job as your first job.

What made us a success over the last two decades? Was it a great manager or was it also the way we played? I believe our style of play was more important than a lot of people here think and if Giggs can bring that back then he think he should be given a chance.

Has Eddie Howe not been a success?

I'm not saying Eddie Howe is cut out for the United job, I'm just showing an example of a manager proving himself to be decent without winning any of the big trophies.

United shouldn't be giving the managers job to an unproven manager. You shouldn't be getting the United job as your first job.

This is exactly what I've said countless times over previous months.

Plenty of ways to prove yourself that don't involve winning a trophy. Quite a few people have been saying Pochettino would be a good choice and he has won nothing. Fwiw, whilst I've said I'd like to see LVG go and I don't really want Mourinho at the club, I also don't want Giggs as I've said before. I'm not saying Pochettino is someone I want either, but it doesn't have to be limited to someone who has won a trophy.

I genuinely think Klopp would have been a good one for us, but that's obviously not a consideration now, same as Guardiola who could have been another good one. Simeone would be one I'd like to see.

But yes, you just don't give one of the biggest jobs in management to someone as their first job, no matter how awesome they were as a player, the fact they've been assistant manager for a few years or the fact that he has been at the club for as long as he has. He has to prove himself capable of managing full stop before you hand him the United job and that means doing so elsewhere. Go and manage Swansea for a few years and turn them in to a consistent European side, something like that.

Also, Sky Sources (fwiw) say PSG have approached Mourinho. I'd much rather he want there and we got Blanc in. He's another I think could do really well, like Simeone.

Also, Sky Sources (fwiw) say PSG have approached Mourinho. I'd much rather he want there and we got Blanc in. He's another I think could do really well, like Simeone.

Simeone would be amazing.

He would also bore us to tears, and make us wish we had that exciting Dutch fella back.

I still remember him going down like a sack of spuds when Beckham tapped his leg during France 98. :D

Simeone is a genius who plays brilliant football, however he is building something special at atleti and will never leave.

U21s playing Spurs, a win will seal the title. Currently 2-0, Donald Love and Andreas Pereira (who has just scored a beauty)

Another odd U21 lineup; 6 defenders and no striker on the pitch. But whatever they put out seems to work for them. 1-0 up already.

:ninja: