Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

Yeah they've got two of the relegation battlers coming up (Sunderland & Norwich) and City away, they could easily drop 6 points during the run in.

Whether we'll take advantage is another question entirely.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We still have to play Arsenal tbf, so that's either 2 points dropped for both or 3 from 1. Chasing 2 you have much better chance imo.

Lets say arsenal draw to sunderland and lose to city, we'll still have to win our remaining games which won't happen. if city or arsenal draw then one of them will have to lose again combining with united winning all games. It's too much to ask.

Yeah every time the thought of "Theres a chance to get top 4! Arsenal and City are dropping points, we can overtake them easy!" comes along this season, it always ends in disappointment. If we were hanging on to the worst team in the league last Saturday, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'm just preparing myself for another season in Europa.

God that game on Saturday was *****. Playing against a relegated team and the worst in the division yet we score and and then mess around and go in to the corner to time waste near the end, ****ing embarrassing.

As I've said, moaning about us wasting time in the corner with a few minutes left is daft. It would be sheer idiocy to do anything else other than waste time with a few minutes left. If you're 1 goal up on a team with only a few minutes left, that's what you do, you waste the time down to prevent the opposition getting that last-gasp equaliser.

If people want to moan about anything then what they should moan about is the fact we were only 1 goal up against Villa with a few minutes left, but the decision to waste time at the end is absolutely the right one.

As I've said, moaning about us wasting time in the corner with a few minutes left is daft. It would be sheer idiocy to do anything else other than waste time with a few minutes left. If you're 1 goal up on a team with only a few minutes left, that's what you do, you waste the time down to prevent the opposition getting that last-gasp equaliser.

If people want to moan about anything then what they should moan about is the fact we were only 1 goal up against Villa with a few minutes left, but the decision to waste time at the end is absolutely the right one.

Exactly, it's not about the last 5 minutes, it's about the fact we were so bad beforehand that we needed to be wasting time in the corner.

It's not the time wasting on its own as such, it's a symbol for how ***** we are under this clueless buffoon. 1-0 v Villa and clinging on at the end is woeful.

I see they've pushed the season ticket renewal deadline back a couple of weeks to June 1st. Does that mean the club are scared of people not renewing because of LvG and pushing it back means people have chance to renew when we get a new manager? I bloody hope it does.

Then again, I'm not sure if we're gonna get Jose and I really really don't want Giggs (he may be a good manager but I doubt it, he needs to prove it somewhere else first).

It's not the time wasting on its own as such, it's a symbol for how ***** we are under this clueless buffoon. 1-0 v Villa and clinging on at the end is woeful.

I see they've pushed the season ticket renewal deadline back a couple of weeks to June 1st. Does that mean the club are scared of people not renewing because of LvG and pushing it back means people have chance to renew when we get a new manager? I bloody hope it does.

Then again, I'm not sure if we're gonna get Jose and I really really don't want Giggs (he may be a good manager but I doubt it, he needs to prove it somewhere else first).

agree 100%

giggsy is a lovely pipe dream really he needs go and prove himself first...surely even the muppets in our boardroom wouldn't be mad enough to give it to a totally untried manager :rolleyes:

I don't get how we're seemingly turning in to a club that gives important jobs to people just because they're legends at the club (in a playing sense). Since when did you get a top job at United without proving yourself? He shouldn't even be assistant manager IMO, what does he actually offer?

They are sending DMs on Twitter, its an embarrassment.

agree 100%

giggsy is a lovely pipe dream really he needs go and prove himself first...surely even the muppets in our boardroom wouldn't be mad enough to give it to a totally untried manager :rolleyes:

It's Ferguson who is pushing, via the legions of ex-United players.

Coldberg, he doesn't need to win a trophy, but he does need to prove he can actually manage a club with some degree of success and ambition.

But on the other hand how does he prove himself elsewhere? He's not likely to win a trophy in England with another club. Winning something in Scotland would be meaningless.

If he leaves he won't ever come back in all likelihood.

Has Eddie Howe not been a success?

I'm not saying Eddie Howe is cut out for the United job, I'm just showing an example of a manager proving himself to be decent without winning any of the big trophies.

United shouldn't be giving the managers job to an unproven manager. You shouldn't be getting the United job as your first job.

What made us a success over the last two decades? Was it a great manager or was it also the way we played? I believe our style of play was more important than a lot of people here think and if Giggs can bring that back then he think he should be given a chance.

Has Eddie Howe not been a success?

I'm not saying Eddie Howe is cut out for the United job, I'm just showing an example of a manager proving himself to be decent without winning any of the big trophies.

United shouldn't be giving the managers job to an unproven manager. You shouldn't be getting the United job as your first job.

This is exactly what I've said countless times over previous months.

Plenty of ways to prove yourself that don't involve winning a trophy. Quite a few people have been saying Pochettino would be a good choice and he has won nothing. Fwiw, whilst I've said I'd like to see LVG go and I don't really want Mourinho at the club, I also don't want Giggs as I've said before. I'm not saying Pochettino is someone I want either, but it doesn't have to be limited to someone who has won a trophy.

I genuinely think Klopp would have been a good one for us, but that's obviously not a consideration now, same as Guardiola who could have been another good one. Simeone would be one I'd like to see.

But yes, you just don't give one of the biggest jobs in management to someone as their first job, no matter how awesome they were as a player, the fact they've been assistant manager for a few years or the fact that he has been at the club for as long as he has. He has to prove himself capable of managing full stop before you hand him the United job and that means doing so elsewhere. Go and manage Swansea for a few years and turn them in to a consistent European side, something like that.

Also, Sky Sources (fwiw) say PSG have approached Mourinho. I'd much rather he want there and we got Blanc in. He's another I think could do really well, like Simeone.

Simeone would be amazing.

Would be amazed if he doesn't get some interesting offers to manage in the Championship at the very least in the summer, he's still relatively young for a manager and he's done some very good things. We'll be losing a valuable asset if he does go though, it's to his credit that virtually all the players LvG has thrown in this season haven't looked totally overwhelmed.

Hardly surprising but Andreas Pereira was by far your best player tonight.

He's excellent when he decides to try. Which hasn't always been the case, which is presumably why he's now in the U21s instead of the first team.

Great way to win the title, well on overtime. At least we have won a title now. Wooh. :D

Can't take the baffoon seriously any more. The squad must be so disillusioned under him, being fed bollocks day in day out. Thankfully we only have to see interviews maybe twice a week, imagine him chatting that **** on your case every single day.

Will be interesting if and when he does go, what / whether any of the players will speak up and say about time under his tenure.

City dropping points means another chance for us to close the gap, and then throw it away the game after :thup:

LvG thinks Spurs have more creative players than us. I think they just have a manager who plays better football and allows their players to express themselves in a game whilst ours play with a straight jacket on.

Also talk this morning of Depay showdown talks with LvG telling him to prove to the fans he is worth the money. My response is he is young, new country and being in and out of the team all season, dropped after every mistake has not helped the kid one bit. Give him games. Yes he may turn out to be a Nani but i'd love a Nani. For me he has shown that there is talent there and i hope we get a new manager in who will harness that.

Onto tonight. A must win game for us, it was before but with City dropping points we really need to put pressure on them. They still have CL and Arsenal to come so if we can keep winning there is a chance we can catch them. I know we have the cup at the weekend but not a game to rest people for tonight. Lets get it won and rest people. Herrera back fit for this as well.

My Team would be; De Gea, Fosu-Mensah, Smalling, Blind, Young, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Depay, Mata, Martial, Rooney.

Rooney would come of the bench for me rather than start it and have to come off. Rojo a liability lately and i dont think him v Zaha or Bolasie would be pretty watching.

This **** about challenging Tottenham for the title if we had a senior creative player :D

It is impossible to take him in any way seriously when he keeps spouting the utter nonsense he does like this. For a start we have Mata. But more so, if you've spent £300m in 2 seasons and then moan that you don't have the type of player you need in the squad, you're kind of pointing out just how ****ing terrible you've been in building the squad.

Also, he realises Leicester are actually top, right?

LvG thinks Spurs have more creative players than us. I think they just have a manager who plays better football and allows their players to express themselves in a game whilst ours play with a straight jacket on.

I agree with this.

Archived