Sports Interactive Community
Harryseaess

Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Dropped Mata for Herrera. Good start, Fellaini in... nevermind. How Lingard is still getting starts is beyond me. Memphis must be thinking he's done.

Lingard is a player who doesn't take risks and just does the basics to an average standard. LVG's style of player.

Fellaini in for this match makes sense, in order to handle Carroll.

Well after seeing the team i think we are going to lose. He makes the same mistakes over and over. There is no need to rest people here. We have Villa next.

Also is that a carrick - fellaini midfield 2? Its like he is daring the board to sack him and doing it on purpose.

Meh Lingard's alright I guess. I might be the only guy here thinking he's okay starting a match, but would have Mata any day of the week.

Lingard is a player who doesn't take risks and just does the basics to an average standard. LVG's style of player.

Fellaini in for this match makes sense, in order to handle Carroll.

Surely we would be better served with 6'4 Smalling sorting Carroll and a mobile combative Herrera-Schneiderlin combination. He couldn't have picked a less mobile duo if he tried.

Not sure how a Fellaini + Carrick midfield is going to work out, I'm a bit baffled at Schneiderlin getting so few starts (edit, by that I mean it's going to be crap). But I don't have a particular problem with Lingard starting. He's better than people give him credit for. Would like a better player on the right, but with our current options, Lingard's allright.

Doubt we'll win, but LVG won't be fired until we technically can't qualify for the CL. People shouldn't expect anything else. Even then, I doubt he'll be fired until the season is done. Mutual agreement, yada yada yada, and some new guy comes one (hopefully not named Jose Stabinho).

And that is one of the reasons I don;t want Fellaini anywhere near the team. Got a 3 on 2 and he passes to the marked player. ****ing idiot

Ooooof, useful there though.

West Ham just not marking him because they know he's ****.

And that is one of the reasons I don;t want Fellaini anywhere near the team. Got a 3 on 2 and he passes to the marked player. ****ing idiot

I preferred the earlier one. Beautiful chest control and turn, neat 1-2, then couldn't hit Herrera from 5 yards away :D

Use Fellaini as a AM and I think he is good imo. Doesn't happen much though as LvG doesn't like to play players in their decent positions.

Rojo really is an atrocious left back. Can't pass the ball and now was just left watching, stood way too far forward and infield, as West Ham's full back jogged forward.

Surely swapping him and Blind would be a lot better...?

Commentator talking about Sam Allardyce and the difference between him and Bilic. I think LvG is the Dutch Sam Allardyce.

Rojo really is an atrocious left back. Can't pass the ball and now was just left watching, stood way too far forward and infield, as West Ham's full back jogged forward.

Surely swapping him and Blind would be a lot better...?

Add to that Rojo has been a liability for the last two games. Had a mare for both. Would make much more sense. Rojo a CB and Blind was great at left back last season. Failing that Ashley Young. Would create space for Martial as well when he goes forward.

Can we also take a moment to appreciate the ridiculously bad reffing that saw Carrick get a yellow card?

Can we also take a moment to appreciate the ridiculously bad reffing that saw Carrick get a yellow card?

Its not a shock anymore. The standard this season has been as bad as i can remember.

West Ham players obviously have sensitive skin tonight.

Half Time. West Ham had the better of the opening 15 minutes, it was one way traffic at the start but since then we have been the better side and should be ahead. Lingard and Fellaini had great chances and should have scored. West Ham are leaving gaps at the back and at times our passing has been too sloppy and we have wasted good opportunities to create something.

Why have you chosen to play well today!? :(

Outplayed us throughout the half. Even with that central midfield.

Most teams have taken advantage of our slow midfield build up and brought their players into a decent defensive stance. West Ham seem like they resent doing this and are leaving the door open for us. I guess this is why we've had decent luck against the bigger teams.

Should be two up. :(

Had two chances to be one up, no chances to be two up. So no, we shouldn't

Starting to wonder if we don't actually just go with Rashford as one of two main strikers next season... That lad's got some bloody talent

Fellaini!!!!! Wooooooo!

Fellaini useful in these type of games. Very good play from him.

Is Armageddon upon us? Playing well, and Fellaini scoring? :D

Rashford's doing allright for a newbie :lol:

Another full back sub.

So... van Gaal in? :D

Another false dawn of course. :p

What the **** is Noble doing there? ****

That save in vain as they score from the corner. Non existent marking on Carroll and Tomkins from Smalling and Fellaini.

Just for anyone who will (semi rightly) blame Fellaini for that goal, Carrick was the man who was "marking" the goal scorer.

I wonder if Rooney comes on?