Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

In other shocking news it looks like Ramos has his new contract at Madrid so we can finally move on from that red herring.

Otamendi would be good but we seem to be developing a problem with Argentinians, Laporte would be my other choice.

Well that'll mean Man Utd won't be letting de Gea go without Ronaldo coming the other way, if Ramos is now out of the equation. Woodward and co WILL demand someone in return.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that'll mean Man Utd won't be letting de Gea go without Ronaldo coming the other way, if Ramos is now out of the equation. Woodward and co WILL demand someone in return.

Real will just wait a year, get De Gea for free and keep anyone that you'd be after too. De Gea is a great keeper but if he has just a year on his contract, United are in no position whatsoever to try to drive a hard bargain.

Real will just wait a year, get De Gea for free and keep anyone that you'd be after too. De Gea is a great keeper but if he has just a year on his contract, United are in no position whatsoever to try to drive a hard bargain.

I dunno most United fans think that's the result they'd prefer.

Would prefer that, to be honest.

In other shocking news it looks like Ramos has his new contract at Madrid so we can finally move on from that red herring.

Otamendi would be good but we seem to be developing a problem with Argentinians, Laporte would be my other choice.

actually, not quite true: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/27/real-madrid-sergio-ramos-manchester-united-move

I'm happy with that. Reports were that Madrid were trying to get him for £15m, if that's the case I'd rather keep him this year and lose him for free.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 9 minutes ago

Man United defender Marcos Rojo (25) wants to join Barcelona. Agent says talks will start in coming days. Could depend on Adriano. [dicen]

Welp apparently I was wrong. If we're even close to making our money back on him he can go, he didn't do badly at all last season but he's not really at the level either team should be looking at long term.

If his agent can get that move to happen, then that agent is not being paid enough. That guy could probably get me a move to Newcastle United if he can get Rojo to Barca.

Strange one that, not seen any evidence yet he's actually with us. Not listed on the site(or wasn't at last glance) and hasn't been involved with the 21's.

I think if De Gea goes then Cillesen will come, I think its probably done and dusted but on hold.

Has been on loan in Serbia. His Twitter has been kept p to date with him supporting the first team on tour and he still says he's at United so probably still gonna be involved with the U-18s/19s to start with (still only 18) as a worst case scenario for him. But I'd expect to see him in the U21 team a lot. Dude has a dumb hairstyle though:

vanja-milinkovic-u20s-world-cup-final.png

It may have been mentioned but I will have missed it if it was, Rojo missed the tour due to forgetting to renew his passport :D That's just a whole different level of stupid

I'm surprised the club doesn't have someone to take care of that, keep an eye on them etc. There seems to be passport problems that occur quite often with footballers.

I'm surprised the club doesn't have someone to take care of that, keep an eye on them etc. There seems to be passport problems that occur quite often with footballers.

Agree with this but still, he travels so much for work you'd assume he'd keep these things in order himself :D

You have to wonder if Lloris breaking his hand interfered with what we were planning GK wise this summer...

Unlikely, the noise before that incident was we get someone in return or we'll let De Gea see out his contract.

It may have been mentioned but I will have missed it if it was, Rojo missed the tour due to forgetting to renew his passport :D That's just a whole different level of stupid

**** happens. Not that it has ever happened to me. Um...but seriously, it should only take him a day to renew. A really long day. A long day unless you are a professional footballer, for example. So wtf is the delay?

Jamie Jackson is reporting that PSG have only offered £28.5m for Di Maria.. er, no.

Well at least that would explain the drawn out nature of this silly saga. Way too low.

You need a minimum amount of weeks left on your passport to get into Chile. He was there for the Copa, how did it not flag then that it needed renewing pronto as it was near the minimum needed to get into the U.S?

Hmmmmm

You need a minimum amount of weeks left on your passport to get into Chile. He was there for the Copa, how did it not flag then that it needed renewing pronto as it was near the minimum needed to get into the U.S?

Hmmmmm

Isn't it 6 months for most countries but a whole year for the US? Seem to remember hearing that a while back

Not a United fan, but just wanted to respond to the Cillessen rumours as somebody who reads the Dutch newspapers. This is already one of the most important games for Ajax for the coming season, I really can't believe that they would pull him out of the squad one day before that game because of a transfer. I also don't believe that Van Gaal, as an 'Ajax-man', would ask them to exclude one of their most important players for such an important game. Just my two cents though.

A few journos are now reporting that LVG is happy to go with the defenders he has, with Blind/Carrick as back up. Only went for Ramos as he is world class/part of the DDG strategy. Otamendi is also "another Gaitain" - linked to us despite there being no interest.

An improved midfield does provide extra protection but that is nothing short of worrying and frustrating if we're hoping to achieve anything this season...

A few journos are now reporting that LVG is happy to go with the defenders he has, with Blind/Carrick as back up. Only went for Ramos as he is world class/part of the DDG strategy. Otamendi is also "another Gaitain" - linked to us despite there being no interest.

An improved midfield does provide extra protection but that is nothing short of worrying and frustrating if we're hoping to achieve anything this season...

more likely that you were unwilling to pay his release clause and Valencia wouldnt accept any lower fee

more likely that you were unwilling to pay his release clause and Valencia wouldnt accept any lower fee

From the outside yes, but it seems it's been briefed to a few writers (credible ones) that we have never had any interest.

Mark Ogden has been saying it for weeks.

From the outside yes, but it seems it's been briefed to a few writers (credible ones) that we have never had any interest.

Mark Ogden has been saying it for weeks.

Otamendi and his agent would never have kicked up the fuss they did if there was no interest from you

Archived