Manchester United Thread 2015/16

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When has he played RW recently? He'd command his best place off the left.

Thats why I was asking, don't watch any football apart from Utd.

Think I would rather allow Martial to keep developing if that was the case.

Martial is probably going to end up down the middle anyway unless we adapt a really tight front 3 like Barcelona. I think Ronaldo is so good anyone else has to make way whether it is good for them or not. I think it would spell the end for Rooney if it does happen.

Martial is probably going to end up down the middle anyway unless we adapt a really tight front 3 like Barcelona. I think Ronaldo is so good anyone else has to make way whether it is good for them or not. I think it would spell the end for Rooney if it does happen.

Well, that I can get behind.

How many goals do you think Ronaldo would score in England?

Well, that I can get behind.

How many goals do you think Ronaldo would score in England?

Didn't do too badly before, and he's a better player now than when he left (but less exciting to watch). Our team isn't nowhere as good though, so that would be an issue.

If he leaves Madrid, I'm not sure he would choose us tbh. He'll want to win trophies, and short of doing all the work himself, that's not too likely in United right now. I suspect PSG may be a more likely destination. Maybe to replace Zlatan leaving?

But wouldn't surprise me if he stays longer in Real Madrid. At least the league is competitive, and he has more to play for than just the CL nights.

Nah he's not.

He's absolutely a better player now than he was when he left United. He just chooses to focus his entire attention on putting the ball in the net though rather than trying to influence the play.

If he wanted to be more involved in play and be more creative for others he's more than capable. It would mean he scores less though so he won't.

He's still a better player, a quiet start to the season doesn't change that. Especially when that quiet start involves scoring the same number of goals as he did in 07-08 in 9 fewer games.

Just the 61 goals last season too.

I'm actually surprised people think he is better now- although based on the stats fine, it backs that up.

He is a goal machine now, I personally think overall his impact was better as a player during 07-08. Real are so dominant in a lot of La Liga games, I think he gets far more opportunities to rack up the goals. But just what I think.

He's a lot more complete now than he was then. Id say he's nowhere as exciting and unpredictable but that doesn't make a better player necessarily. He's stripped out all the waste in his game in effort of being a pure goal machine. I'm confident if he played here next season under a good manager he'd beat the goal record he hit in 2008.

just Ronnie would be amazing.....but sure this story might have been doing the rounds last summer the summer before that etc :rolleyes:

but this time it might be doable

he wouldn't come unless there is a change in manager tho, he wouldn't want to play for LVG

If we win tomorrow, even second is up for grabs, in fairness, as we'd be 6 off second with a game in hand. Don't see us getting second though, and third likely going to be out of our reach, but hopefully we can win tomorrow and put a good run-in together.

If we somehow got 2nd then Poch should never be considered for the Utd job and wenger should quit out of embarrassment. Bad enough Leicester have made a mockery out of the entire league, but letting us get ahead of them from the position we've been in would be unforgivable.

Doesn't matter though, it's not happening.

After 85mins U18's was 6-1 up against Newcastle

Finished 7-1, Boonen(?) with a Hattrick

Excellent result. Good to see the U18s finally get some good results. Of course that level is mainly about development, but it never hurts to get good results either.

3rd is definitely up for grabs if we win tomorrow.
If we win tomorrow, even second is up for grabs, in fairness, as we'd be 6 off second with a game in hand. Don't see us getting second though, and third likely going to be out of our reach, but hopefully we can win tomorrow and put a good run-in together.

Last time we started dreaming of the heady heights, we went on a bad run :lol:

I will bite anyones hand off for 4th right now.

Yes please, CL football next season. Second/third/fourth I honestly don't care. It's not like anyone has been good this season, the order everyone limps home is hardly anything to brag about unless you're Leicester.

Excellent result. Good to see the U18s finally get some good results. Of course that level is mainly about development, but it never hurts to get good results either.

Heck of a win, 7-1 in all. Last time we beat them 7-1 a certain James Wilson scored 5. Jack Rudge and Kenji Gorre with the others

Very good, but the local time thing is wrong, it's still 1984 in Liverpool.

You mean a steampunk version of 1984 where they don't have any electrical equipment.

Just finished this (split the watching over yesterday and this morning). We used to score some brilliant goals.

It's like eating 20 packets of sweets in a row. And not getting sick.

Would have started Herrera over carrick. We want legs in there today. Spurs midfield will run rings around carrick.

Also unlucky Darmian. How he is benched and Rojo starts i will never know. Rojo had a mare last time out.

I'd have gone 4-3-3 today, or started Herrera at the very least. Hopefully will be proved wrong

Had a feeling that TFM would start this game for some reason. :thup:

Herrera on the bench again. :thdn:

Love it. Hate it. Pretty much how I feel with every lineup he puts out.

More time for Spurs players to think about the Leicester win.

True and now saying at least 30 minutes. How does that happen? Accident? King's Road foot traffic?

True and now saying at least 30 minutes. How does that happen? Accident? King's Road foot traffic?

Probably set off too slowly, took the scenic route and then ran out of time.