Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was identical to every goal Ashley Young has ever scored.

That cross confirms it: rich man's Young. Obviously this is a Good Thing.

Enjoyed that, looked like the making of something at last. Just think we need Herrera in for a midfielder or Januzaj and Mata switched against weaker sides.

Don't think Mata had the best game, but against other defences he'd be more dangerous.

He was anonymous but, to be fair to him, most of our play went out towards the left.

I do worry for him if Pedro does come in though, unless Rooney's form continues to uninspire and Memphis goes up top.

EDIT : and just as I write that it's being reported Chelsea are now favourites to sign Pedro! All for the sake of haggling over 5 million euros.

Shows what a difference having a team attack us and not having Rooney play like a gimp makes. Trebled our shots on target for the season.

Yeah Rooney was much better today, Got a bit more support and was able to link up play a bit when he dropped behind Hernandez. I think he'd be best off as a #10 behind Hernandez but if Rooney can get a couple of goals against Newcastle we'll see.

Don't think Mata had the best game, but against other defences he'd be more dangerous.

I think he needs to be more central. Seems to be staying wider than last season but comes to life when he does drift in. Problem is when he gets the ball to feet out there you know he's going to come in on his left and he doesn't have the pace to put his marker on the back foot most of the time.

I think he needs to be more central. Seems to be staying wider than last season but comes to life when he does drift in. Problem is when he gets the ball to feet out there you know he's going to come in on his left and he doesn't have the pace to put his marker on the back foot most of the time.

yeah he's too slow to be playing that far out, hopefully that's why we're looking at pedro. he'd be utterly perfect for linking up with a more central mata.

So the big question if we sign Pedro is

--Schneiderlin-Schweinstiger

Pedro-------Mata---------Depay

------------Rooney

or

----------Schneiderlin

---Herrera--Schweinsteiger

Pedro------------------Depay

-----------Rooney

Either way one of our lovable Spaniards is going to miss out.

------------Rooney

or

----------Schneiderlin

-----------Rooney

Horses for courses. Should be going to a proper midfield three for the 'big' games (though we have for years without bothering; helps to have midfielders mind) and will need Mata to unlock stubborn defences.

Not sure having to use a sub after 30 minutes is a great plan

Delta's making an Anderson joke somewhere.

------------Rooney

or

----------Schneiderlin

-----------Rooney

the first, given van gaal's recent comments. and also he's just completely not bothered about herrera until about the mid second half :D

Just finished watching match. The Late, Late Show!

What a game Smalling is having. He's monstrous.

That is the exact word I was thinking of watching him. He ate that alphabet named guy. He is abusive to all who come near him atm. Keep it up!

Our fullbacks, just yes.

What a difference a year makes.

The defense had one or two bumpy moments, but overall we are looking very strong at the back. I am still concerned about Blind. Can he stay with a player like Aguero or Costa? Not so sure.

Lastly, so that is why we signed Memphis. More please.

I really am loving Smalling, Blind has done well but like has been said, will he be good enough v the likes of Aguero? I doubt it. Just wish we'd sign a solid CB to play next to Smalling.

Shaw and Darmian have been brilliant.

I've been thinking recently Smalling might really mature a bit later than others. With him having less footballing education than everyone else in the squad the mental side of the game might take longer to catch up. Technically and physically he has it all to be great and since the major ****up vs City last year he has been very good.

Im less convinced Jones will do the same at the moment, I thought it would have started to take effect with him by now.

Disagree re Jones. Smalling showing the benefit of being played consistently at CB rather than RB or not at all. Jones needs the same without getting injured. Remember they were a superb u21 partnership.

Blind doesn't seem to fit into the team. He's doing ok at the back there but just doesn't seem like this is a plan. Odd seeing as he was signed last season and then Herrera was great last season and not featuring either

I think Januzaj is not really a first team player atm. I think definate role for Hernandez this season though

It's also reported that the treatment of Valdes and DDG has had a part to play in Pedro's decision.

However, had we just stopped messing around with a few million euros, in what is an already cheap deal, that wouldn't have been a factor anyway.

I bet it will be released that we were never interested.

Archived