Sports Interactive Community
Harryseaess

Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Apparently no Blind or Herrera for tonight's game.

Gutted no Herrera. He makes us tick.

Fellaini again then :(

Finding it hard to have the slightest care about this game. Tie already over afaic. Said a couple of days ago, there is no way we are keeping a clean sheet, and no way we'll score 4 goals. Would happily see us field this team in all honesty.

Romero

Love Poole McNair Rojo

Fosu-Mensah Fellaini

Riley Pereira Lingard

Weir

I agree that that the tie is pretty much over but to field a team like that would be ridiculous, they'd get destroyed.

It will be our strongest available team playing tonight but I just cannot see us keeping a clean sheet anyway and if they score we need four. Neither of those are happening, therefore tie = over. :(

Oh, I agree it would be ridiculous to field that team, but given I see no hope in progressing it's more that I couldn't care less if we put out a team like that than actively wanting that team to be fielded.

Would be the only thing to give me some inclination to be interested in the game.

Finding it hard to have the slightest care about this game. Tie already over afaic. Said a couple of days ago, there is no way we are keeping a clean sheet, and no way we'll score 4 goals. Would happily see us field this team in all honesty.

Romero

Love Poole McNair Rojo

Fosu-Mensah Fellaini

Riley Pereira Lingard

Weir

It'd lose. Fellainis playing...

Did you see his miss? It was impressive to say the least.

Well ...no!

I did enjoy his running off the ball and the odd jinking run though.

De Gea, Varela, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford

LvG just never learns. I will be surprised if we see any time of passion or good performance out there. I just hope if we lose we get the saving grace of him going but i dont think we will. I hope i am wrong and we go through but i have no confidence going into tonight.

LvG just never learns. I will be surprised if we see any time of passion or good performance out there. I just hope if we lose we get the saving grace of him going but i dont think we will. I hope i am wrong and we go through but i have no confidence going into tonight.

It's really not rocket science what is going on is it. Mourinho is coming at the seasons end when Van Gaal will in all likelyhood leave by mutual consent or have his contract terminated. The problem that the board would face is that if LVG were to leave now then only Giggs would replace him at this present moment. And what would happen if Giggs did 'well'? They as most us do realise Giggs is unlikely to put us back at the top and the board wouldn't want the problem of Mourinho coming in on the back of some good form under Giggs for 8 games.

fingers crossed for a good performance tonight:thup:

in the good old days we would be relishing this and the game v city as a chance to put our 2 biggest rivals to the sword with attacking football

I wouldn't be surprised if its total default mode by LVG and the total opposite....I cant believe that Fellaini is our go to man

the ref is a nightmare by all accounts and is card happy...but has a reputation for being a home side ref, so you never know we might get a big break

nev's Valencia win 2-1 but out on away goals

so close at end free kick in 94min fraction wide....he thought it was in:(

That's Fellaini getting sent off within half an hour then :thup:

Shouldn't be playing at all, how on earth have UEFA not banned him? :D

fingers crossed for a good performance tonight:thup:

in the good old days we would be relishing this and the game v city as a chance to put our 2 biggest rivals to the sword with attacking football

I wouldn't be surprised if its total default mode by LVG and the total opposite....I cant believe that Fellaini is our go to man

the ref is a nightmare by all accounts and is card happy...but has a reputation for being a home side ref, so you never know we might get a big break

Pretty sure we'd be parking the bus and planning to beat them 1-0 after a 0-0 draw in the first leg in most of Fergie's successful later years.

milner at LB...he will put a shift in but surely we can exploit that

awful from Varela. Why was he running to the area when Coutinho had it out wide and then to let him go past him so easily. Good first half performance ruined in a moment.

A half decent right back and we don't concede there.

Hell, Jones or Smalling at right back and we don't concede.

Literally EVERYTHING was coming down their left and nothing was done to stop it.

I lost count how many times Milner just waltzed down their left and then over hit it. Then a player with a bit of quality does it and we get punished. Something should have been changed to counter act it.

we have been 100% better:D really good game to watch

but over both legs Liverpool could/should be out of site.....they are now

I'm also still perplexed at Lingard in the middle and Mata out wide. Just let Lingard run at Milner constantly, surely?

Literally EVERYTHING was coming down their left and nothing was done to stop it.

I lost count how many times Milner just waltzed down their. Then a with a bit of quality does it and we get punished. Something should have been changed to counter act it.

It seemed obvious from the moment we knew Milner was left back that Lingard should have been wide and Mata in the centre. Scrap that it was obvious regardless.

why is mata playing out on right

pointed this out a long time ago ...........so many goals were coming from that flank

I am not blaming him he should be in middle and lingard helping back

why is mata playing out on right

pointed this out a long time ago ...........so many goals were coming from that flank

I am not blaming him he should be in middle and lingard helping back

Lingard shouldn't be helping back, he should be pinning Milner in by their area constantly

Varela has been beyond woeful, losing the ball constantly going forward and the less said about his defending, or rather, lack of for their goal the better.

Why exactly is Lingard at 10 and Mata on the right vs Milner? LvG that!

Nothing half now.

Lingard shouldn't be helping back, he should be pinning Milner in by their area constantly

but we have to defend occasionaly or do you think its going to be 100% in their half??

the team once again is unbalanced LVG to blame....but we knew that long ago

got to say the tempo is much better and we are giving it a go

I hope we just go for it in the second half. Nothing to hold back for now. Would bring Depay on for Lingard and put im against Milner. Think his unpredictability would cause major issues.

Watching the highlights you've just got to wonder how on earth there haven't been more goals in this. Still find Henderson's miss unbelievable. Just so bad. Our misses haven't exactly been good either.

Not getting the corner for that Rojo chance just makes me question why on earth we don't have some solutions for better reffing. You can't be letting simple things like that go wrong, it's absolutely ridiculous

varela getting a slating here, he is not having a good game

but he is young and he didnt pick team darmian/valencia on bench

Valencia on the bench would be even stupider than Varela starting :D

EDIT: Wait a sec, didn't I read just this damn week that Valencia was just back in training? If not, disregard the first part of this post, he must have been back for longer than a few days :D

there you go he is on

and even tho he isn't a great FB....with milner at LB he should have started

Our set piece delivery is woeful.

There might be some resemblance to when Shaquile O'Neil was continually fouled to send him to the free throw line... :D

The worst part is that before the game, I didn't really care about it. Then we got the goal, got the chances, things felt good and I felt the excitement.

But then the fact that this is very much "this season" hit. In fairness I was thinking they wouldn't equalise until after Fellaini got sent off, but this hasn't been much better...

What is the bigger miracle:

We win?

LVG gets sacked when we lose?

LvG isn't getting the sack. Simple as that.

Although when you need three goals at home and the players you bring off the bench are Valencia and Darmian, you really do have to wonder

Why? The are full backs. Very important, Ice. Very!

LVG stays even if we lose every remaining game;)

change will be in summer

more bad news Sturridge going off he has been pants

when THAT is your go to man

might as well pack up we are MANCHESTER UNITED ...:seagull: