Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

I'd go for Friday nights team, possibly Schweinsteiger in for Carrick just to see what he can do.

Januzaj had a pretty poor game against Villa but I think if he can play well tonight and then get another game against Newcastle then we could see him kick on again in terms of development.

What I have liked is how calm he looks in the box with the ball. Very few players look calm like that in those situations.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I have liked is how calm he looks in the box with the ball. Very few players look calm like that in those situations.

Perhaps that's one of the reasons LVG see him as a striker.

He didn't have a great last season, but we all know the kid's got talent. So easy to write players off these days, but let us not forget he is 20. Hopefully he gets enough matches this season to develop his game more.

Perhaps that's one of the reasons LVG see him as a striker.

He didn't have a great last season, but we all know the kid's got talent. So easy to write players off these days, but let us not forget he is 20. Hopefully he gets enough matches this season to develop his game more.

Again, something else I really like about LVG. He said he believes in youth and he keeps showing it. If you don't give young players like Januzaj, Blackett and McNair chances, you will never know what they can become. Imagine if Fergie didn't give the kids a chance....and who would have blamed him if he had passed on that little guy named Paul?

Or that other guy named Paul :D

I like that about him too. Perhaps most important is that he is now building a very good foundation in the club, which should serve us well going into the future, also after LVG is gone.

Also another reason why I'd hate to see Mourinho here.

Pretty sure he's ruining the club? I mean, even Stoichkov (like hell am I remembering how that's spelled) said so! And he'd sure as hell know what's happening at our club

Hristo wasn't happy being shipped out and replaced by youth. :D

I'd like to see...

Romero

Darmian Smalling Blind Shaw (Continuity at the back and all...)

Herrera Bastian

Depay Fellaini Januzaj

Rooney

Absolutely nothing against Mata, I think he could walk into the side any day of the week, but would like to see more of Depay and Januzaj, and the big man isn't suspended for this one, so deserves a chance to start based on his end of season form. I'd love to see Rooney dropped, but let's face it, it's not going to happen.

I'd like to see a sub appearance for Hernandez too, get some minutes under his belt.

So does Fellaini play today? Brugge is a Belgian club and all.

I reckon he'll play. Maybe instead of Mata.

I'd like to see...

Romero

Darmian Smalling Blind Shaw (Continuity at the back and all...)

Herrera Bastian

Depay Fellaini Januzaj

Rooney

Absolutely nothing against Mata, I think he could walk into the side any day of the week, but would like to see more of Depay and Januzaj, and the big man isn't suspended for this one, so deserves a chance to start based on his end of season form. I'd love to see Rooney dropped, but let's face it, it's not going to happen.

I'd like to see a sub appearance for Hernandez too, get some minutes under his belt.

This is the team I would go for as well but with Memphis on the left rather than the right. I feel Schneiderlin may play instead of Herrera though.

I might be missing something but why since November 8?

We were a bit cack before (3 months? :hides: )

It's a good record, though, and shows we're not as fragile defensively as it often felt last season. DDG is part of that ofc, but the team must be doing something right too.

Bit surprised Neville has been commenting on so many matches and stuff recently (plus the above), but maybe it's his way to deal with the grief. Keep himself occupied and work through it.

If only Valencia were selling a very, very good cb and he fancied a move to England.

Just play our very own Valencia at CB in the hope that he can perfect smacking everything off striker's shins in the hope of getting goal kicks.

It's a good record, though, and shows we're not as fragile defensively as it often felt last season. DDG is part of that ofc, but the team must be doing something right too.
the defence is a result of The Philosophy™ while the attack is currently undergoing The Process™ before reaching its final stage of The Philosophy™

As a unit we've been very well defensively organised for some time, just highly prone to individual mistakes.

Carrick & Schneiderlin as a DM pair hasn't worked so far. Will it work tonight? Yay or Nay? Of course the opposition might make the pairing work. :)

Hasn't it? They've controlled the games rather well so far, so they've done the job they're there for (most likely to add more protection from the individual mistakes).

That second goal was positively Nani like

Thought this initially, though on the replay the run had a whiff of Ronaldo about it :D

Looking a bit better going forward tonight, tempo seems higher and the players look closer to Rooney which is getting him involved more, which is creating more mistakes for the likes of young Memphis.

Archived