Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

Also you assume that I mean penalties but i said decisions going our way, that includes fouls and decisions against us (Those stonewall penalties or Johnny Evans last man red cards...3 in one season he avoided)!! Also lets not kid ourselves that we were this overly attacking side in SAFs last 3 or 4 seasons just because LVG is the ultimate bore. The fact he constantly turned to striker overload does not mean we were actually turning the on-field personnel into continuous attacking action. We got an above average amount of decisions in our favour during the SAF years especially 50-50s, whether it was the man himself, the aura of his team or the mindset of the officials is not certain, but what is certain is that it left when he did.

You and Jonny Evans being a walking red card ffs :D Can't off the top of my head think of any significant decisions going against us over the last couple of years, while in the 11/12 season various studies correcting results for referee mistakes had us walking the league.

Will be there for the rest of the season, once his United contract expires he'll probably sign a permanent deal there or move on to another club. He's essentially Winston Bogarde'd the past year though.

... thanks for that. And no.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian McClair left ten months ago & hasn't been replaced. That's just gross mismanagement whichever way you look at it.

For a club of our size, stature & history of bringing youth through it's completely unacceptable. The issue is made worse by the fact City have finally got their act together & are throwing as much money at the community as they can.

how the hell are we still 5th???

It really is a crazy season. I wonder where that amount of points would normally put you.

How much is LvG's contract pay-off likely to be worth if your fired him? I wonder if Mourinho would be happy to sign up for just 2 years, or surely getting Giggs in now and seeing if he can do something is worth it? Or is it while LvG an still get fourth he stays?

So LVG has gone home to visit family and is due back tomorrow. Apparently senior plays have been approached regarding LVG in his absence. Please, please please!!! let this be a domino effect.

OMG, fingers crossed.

So LVG has gone home to visit family and is due back tomorrow. Apparently senior plays have been approached regarding LVG in his absence. Please, please please!!! let this be a domino effect.

I wouldn't take much from this supposed rumour. United were always scheduled to be off today and tomorrow.

if we stick with this old fool we deserve all we get

my worry is the hierarchy are destroying SAF's legacy and don't seem to care as long as the sponsorship deals keep coming in(when this dries up after several seasons of mediocrity god help us) they will appease some fans by making the galactico type signings which just wont work in the prem league and we will end up just being a stop off point for some mercenary ''star'' players to fill their boots

the board need to get it right this time or it will be years before we get back to where we should be

It's not on LVG tbf, he's offered to resign twice. Woodward talked him out of it, unbelievably.

yep read that article if that is correct we are in a far worse situation that I thought we were....as woody isn't going to admit he made a mistake AGAIN in appointing another manager also it shows he/board don't really care how we are playing and the direction we are going in

I can honestly say having had the PLEASURE to seeing Utd play since 70's I have never seen this, there is no feel/shape/passion to us I cannot believe it

I watched BVB game sunday you can see straight away their shape, what they are about and there is a feel to the game,

it has become too painful to watch Utd(I don't mind losing at all) I am at the point where I cant do it anymore it is like watching a loved dying slowly and painfully:(

there is so much spin coming out of OT impossible to tell truth from lies

bottom line we are in a mess, and LVG looks like he is resigned to his fate, the club needs leadership from the top and the board need to grow a pair and swallow some pride and get jose in today, dont like him but he will bring success in the short term

I dont think he's lost the dressing room tbh. Don't me wrong, the players clearly don't like how we are playing, but I don't think they have turned on him despite their doubts. How long that can last is to be determined.

That's why I wrote "if" ;) Don't think he has lost it yet either, but it probably won't stay like that very long unless we start getting some wins again. Playing crap football is sort-of okay if you win matches (see Chelsea last season), but if crap football is combined with crap results...

Maybe its just a little a case of...

[video=youtube;yzLT6_TQmq8]

LVG-and-Big-Ron.jpg

1986 - A teenage Le Tissier scores a brace, Big Ron Atkinson is sacked 2 days later and it ushers in Alex Ferguson for a golden era

[video=youtube;GoBqbNLsVRU]

30 years later...

2016 - A Charlie Austin winner for Southampton at Old Trafford for Big Ron Koeman may end LvG's reign and could usher in a golden era

yes lets hope so :brock:

but big ron did give us attacking footy you could virtually hear the opposition brace themselves from the first whistle as this red wave hit them

LVG is playing chess not footy

charlie austin could be a beast of a signing and for bugger all too, hope he smashes his way into england squad:thup: a good old fshioned no.9.............oh no just worked out what the master plan is....woy will be free after euros(sacked) woody and woy as a double act:D

I'd have thought a business man would have been quicker to pull the trigger honestly, our form doesn't really fill you with confidence we will get into the CL spaces, our football is turning fans and sponsors off and there is a guy available that should offer success.

A football man would look at LVG's record and talk to the players and try to give him time to show what he's done at other clubs, a business man should be getting mighty concerned about next years profits.

Because Woodward is a business man not a football one.

So is Perez (sp?) of Madrid, but at least he excite the fans with his galaticos signings and ridiculous achievement standards. Man Utd can't do a Madrid anyway. Madrid build their football on business foundation. Their wealth gives them their footballing prowess. Man Utd, on the other hand, imho, builds their business on a football foundation. Man Utd, without success, isn't very much compared to a club like Madrid. If Woodward cares about business, he needs to care about football because successful football is the only reason Man Utd is a successful business.

A businessman also looks out for no.1, sacking a second manager (who was chosen by Woodward by all accounts) does not make him look good.

I think there's also a power struggle in the directors box. At the moment Woodward has most of the power. What are the options if LVG is sacked? If it's Giggs it opens up the door to SAF to have more of a say. I've read a few reports hinting that Woodward and Ferguson aren't the closest to say the least.

A businessman also looks out for no.1, sacking a second manager (who was chosen by Woodward by all accounts) does not make him look good.

I think there's also a power struggle in the directors box. At the moment Woodward has most of the power. What are the options if LVG is sacked? If it's Giggs it opens up the door to SAF to have more of a say. I've read a few reports hinting that Woodward and Ferguson aren't the closest to say the least.

I wouldn't put too much faith on that tbh. Sir Alex has more of an ambassadorial role, and I doubt he wants to hang over every new manager like Sir Matt sort of did. If there is some sort of a power struggle near the top, it's probably more about Charlton wanting to protect the club by not hiring the eyestabber. The Portuguese looney aside, and with Guardiola almost certainly just an autograph short of joining City, there aren't a lot of reputable names about. Ancelotti would be my preference after Guardiola, but he's not available.

Would be great if MLG was right and we were about to sign a young soon-to-be world class manager and have continued success for the next 25 years, but I'm not sure there is such a guy around right now.

So is Perez (sp?) of Madrid, but at least he excite the fans with his galaticos signings and ridiculous achievement standards. Man Utd can't do a Madrid anyway. Madrid build their football on business foundation. Their wealth gives them their footballing prowess. Man Utd, on the other hand, imho, builds their business on a football foundation. Man Utd, without success, isn't very much compared to a club like Madrid. If Woodward cares about business, he needs to care about football because successful football is the only reason Man Utd is a successful business.

Manchester United are the biggest club in English football, seems a bit weird to suggest otherwise when all the evidence shows they can easily survive not winning stuff without it denting their popularity too much. They are a money machine for the forseeable future irrespective of what happens on the pitch.

Absolutely disgusted if I'm watching Friday evening and LVG is in charge. There could have been a debate about his future 7-8 weeks ago, nothing has improved since that period. How the guy still has a job is absolutely beyond belief. Absolute dross, and I am sure that come Friday we'll have another stellar display showcasing how **** we really have become under his era. Confidence, life, style, enjoyment, all sucked out of the players game. Play "safe", side ways, backwards for 90 minutes and prey for a moment of brilliance (read: players disobey manager and attempt to score goal) that might snatch the game for us.

The most painful thought, is not about Fridays match, or the ones after that, it is the thought that in all likelihood we won't have CL football next season - how are the hierarchy not realising the importance of this? CL football means tens of millions in gate receipts, tens of millions in TV rights, tens of millions in sponsorship clauses - all gone. Surely at this critical point of the season, you'd throw the towel in and gamble, as currently we're in freefall. Surely you'd gamble, new manager, pay LVG his compensation, couple of squad players to fill the numbers given our ongoing injury crisis, and you'd prey that the team come good.

Unfortunately not.

Archived