Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Januzaj can't get into Dortmund side and be brings him on here instead of Depay bc he scored twice in reserve match? I cannot stand it anymore. Time to enjoy the grandchildren, Louis. Please do the right thing and resign.

So we sub Fellaini off at half time and some how look worse.

This squad is needing a massive revamp, I can't understand the complete lack of quality in this team.

When you put a side out at home to defend against Shane Long, you get what you deserve. It isn't the side.

5 points behind 4th and we could be 6th by the end of today. Didnt LvG say we were in a title battle last week? He shouldnt survive the night.

Sadly he did and what that inevitably means to him is be careful. We didn't need to be careful today.

We all know Ed isn't sacking LvG. And we all now why.

The club has been a shambles post SAF and Gill and it's getting worse.

Right. But here is my idea. Sack. Both. And I am pretty patient. They both suck. Done.

Van Gaal got it so so wrong from the off today. Playing five at the back at home was a horrific decision, no urgency, no attacking threat (again), and baffling substitutions - not sure what reasoning he had to bring on Januzaj, who's had barely any football in the past 4 months, over Depay, who's looked decent in his recent sub appearances.

We actually looked alright after half time when we attempted to play through Mata and Herrera. That lasted for about 10 mins and then it was back to long, aimless balls down the flanks, basically gifting Southampton the ball back.

He's clueless. The worst bit is that it was clear to anyone we didn't need a back three + wingbacks today, Southampton offered very little upfront and it was hampering our attacking play, yet he refused to change it.

Crap. This team as plenty of quality. This anti football would reduce Barcelona to also rans let alone us.

Darmian = bang average, Smalling decent enough to be a squad player if we are to harbour aspirations of getting back to our best, Borthwick Jackson not looking likely to be the next Irwin or Prunier for that matter, Mcnair playing because he is there rather than an ability based decision, Jones is too broken to ever be a top PL defender, Rojo decent squad player, Blind should be playing in the dutch league, Valencia and Young have and never will be good enough, the fact that young has been one of our better performers is more of an issue at how poor our squad has become, Januzaj over hyped and no better than Luke Chadwick was for us, Carrick - decent squad player, Herrera, Shweinsteiger and Schneiderlin have as of yet offered no consistency yet this is down to LVG.

Memphis, Martial and Mata have the ability/potential to be right up there yet need a capable manager to ignite this in them.

Marouane Fellaini. Emphasises EVERYTHING that is wrong with our club at present. Purchased by a clueless vice-chairman whose transfer negotiating skills bring back memories of trigger and del boy haggling for the briefcases in the 1st ever OFAH, only to offer nothing on the pitch apart from his ability to elbow and encourage desperate long ball football. We have grown up with a team ready to attack and play for their lives in the last 20 mins when required and when LVG brings him on to try and 'rescue' us a little part of me dies inside.

Now tell me again where there is "plenty of quality" in this squad???

Not even shocked, the fluke results like last week are how this plonker keeps his head above water. I am joining the give it to Giggs camp because how much worse can it get.

In. I can accept less than 4th too. This is stultifying to watch.

2 wins out of the last 10 on the league.

6 wins out of the last 20 in all comps

5th and five points off 4th

Not scored in our last 11 home games in the first half in all comps

No urgency at all at any point in the game regardless of what the score is.

GD of a paltry +7

Lost vs Norwich, Bournemouth, Stoke, Southampton and Arsenal.

Now tell me again where there is "plenty of quality" in this squad???

There is quality in the squad, just now enough of it.

DDG, Shaw, Smalling, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Depay, Mata and Martial are all good enough. Darmian offered a balance to shaw on the left and was good enough.

We need a central defender, a winger and a striker and a manager and we would challenge.

LVG is a manager who managed to destroy Barcelona and Bayern Munich. No one should be surprised about what he is doing at United.
Tbf he was generally successful at both Barcelona and Bayern, it just ended badly for him at both clubs. His record at both those at the start was excellent, it isn't going that way at Utd though.

Archived