Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

Sid, van Gaal has said that de Gea is still here because Real haven't matched our valuation. What exactly can de Gea do about that? I don't think handing in a transfer request or going on strike will encourage Real to up their bid.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People reading way too much into the de Gea thing.

He'll be back starting after the transfer window ends, if he's not left by that point. You don't play a player that's in the middle of a high profile, drawn out transfer saga that could still go either way. Simple as that. To suggest a top professional player wouldn't be focused or give his all for the team once he knows a potential deal is off the cards for another year is simply ludicrous (see: Ronaldo).

Sid, van Gaal has said that de Gea is still here because Real haven't matched our valuation. What exactly can de Gea do about that? I don't think handing in a transfer request or going on strike will encourage Real to up their bid.

Being a bit sulky may encourage a club to get rid rather than hold out for their valuation or at least negotiate though tbf especially as the window nears

I expect some compromise will probably be met before the deadline

Fear of Smalling over Jones? For starters, I was at WHL match last year and Smalling ate Kane alive. He didn't get a sniff. Will be much more worried if Jones is out there getting sucked forward half the time.

Edit: apparently Jones either hurt or LVG agrees that preseason was horrid.

Saying it now: Herrera will come on midway through the second half and change the game.

I think it will be Pereira that changes the match if needed. He looked terrific on tour and I don't see him going on loan.

Taibi played four games & was man of the match in two of them. One of which was against Liverpool. Funny what people do & don't remember.

Yep, but he had those shocker moments too, so that is all people think he was about. Didn't have a great career for us, mind :D

Smalling has been great all summer. I wonder if he'll already be crap by the end of today...

No Rojo either. So only cover at CB McNair and Carrick.

Any news on Rojo? Does he really want out, too?

Beginning to sound like my FM15 save, everyone wants to leave for another club.

There was me thinking it was highly unrealistic as well!

:D

Darmian ahead of Valencia \o/

Smalling ahead of Jones \o/

Also happy to see Shaw as our starting LB and very much looking forward to the debuts of Schneiderlin and Depay (as well as the aforementioned Darmian).

Probably too much to ask for Rooney to not be a useless dick again this season but if he somehow finds his best form...

Not fussed on Romero starting ahead of Johnstone, didn't - and indeed couldn't - have a preference either way having not seen either play. Consensus in here seems to be that Johnstone would be the majority choice and he sounds to have had a very good pre-season, as well as having been at the club for a long time albeit having spent all of the playing time on loan, but obviously neither are de Gea so as I say I'm not fussed either way. Just means a fourth debutant.

Also happy to see Januzaj not in the squad. Lad desperately needs a loan move to hopefully play consistently and find the form he suggested when he first broke in to the team, as opposed to continuing the awfulness he showed during the last 18 months.

Chicharito to come on and score an 89th minute winner.

Beginning to sound like my FM15 save, everyone wants to leave for another club.

There was me thinking it was highly unrealistic as well!

:D

I do hope that is unrealistic. But if he wants out then get rid and bring in another CB. There is plenty of time.

Taibi played four games & was man of the match in two of them. One of which was against Liverpool. Funny what people do & don't remember.

That's the definition of a poor first season :D the other two were that Southampton game and us getting hammered 5-0 by Chelsea when he took out Denis Irwin coming for a ball I'm not even sure was in the right time zone.

Would rather Johnstone plays but reckon Romero will have a blinder here, mainly because we'll be defending lots.

Looked like friendly for most of that half. Players on both teams not sharp enough, with poor passes and easy ball losses. Glad Walker went from having Young in his back pocket to bringing OG back in play, though. OG IS BACK, GUYS! :lol:

Really like Darmian so far, looks pure quality. Solid defensively and good going forward with a nice cross on him :thup:

Romero really does not give me confidence. Sure he's capable of the occasional world class save as he's shown for AZ and Argentina, but he is soooo bad on the ball and prone to make an error any given moment. We have Valdes, De Gea, and Lindegaard sitting in the stands FFS.

His kicking has been better than De Gea or Johnstone's was in pre-season. He hasn't once hoofed it and even the ones he's misplaced under pressure were deliberately played into touch where Spurs players had no chance of getting to it. He looks nervous because people are nervous, if it was De Gea putting in the exact same performance we wouldn't have mentioned the goalkeeper once.

Smalling and Darmian were excellent today, either worthy MoM candidates. I thought Romero was good too. There's potential for people to go overboard and swing the other way given who pessimistic some were about him beforehand but he did everything asked of him within reason, sometimes goalkeepers just don't have a chance to be anything more than 7/10.

We really need a central defender to complement Smalling and an attacking threat though.

Smalling really was fantastic there.

Really like the look of Darmian too, very impressive debut. Schneiderlin fairly good, Romero composed bar a few passes and Depay involved in the build up for the goal, so pretty good day for the new boys.

Not the best game though, fairly blunt in attack bar some decent moves down the wings.

Smalling and Darmian were excellent today, either worthy MoM candidates. I thought Romero was good too. There's potential for people to go overboard and swing the other way given who pessimistic some were about him beforehand but he did everything asked of him within reason, sometimes goalkeepers just don't have a chance to be anything more than 7/10.

We really need a central defender to complement Smalling and an attacking threat though.

Pretty much the drum I have been beating for over a year. Blind worries me. One minute solid, one minute horrorfying. Carrick would actually be better. Get a damn CB!

Fear of Smalling over Jones? For starters, I was at WHL match last year and Smalling ate Kane alive. He didn't get a sniff. Will be much more worried if Jones is out there getting sucked forward half the time.

Well played. Smalling doesn't need post-match food.

Top of the league :cool: 3 more points than last season :cool:

Would like to see Depay and Mata swap positions during matches, both very static right now.

Darmian was very good and we looked worse at the back when he went off.

Archived