Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Newcastle United Thread 15/16 - Come watch us somehow screw up Rafa

has Andros Townsend moved up North? Seems the best of your lot to be targeting if you go down.

No idea. Phil - but apparently he has an £8million release clause in his contract. There will be no shortage of suitors, should the lad want to leave.

The only players I'd really be disappointed to see leave would be Mbemba, Perez and Mitrovic. Those are the three we should be making a massive play to keep them in the hope that a season in the Championship will really help them to adapt and develop in the same way it did for Enrique, Coloccini and Carroll last time round.

Janmaat, Wijnaldum and Sissoko will most likely leave but won't be missed. Likewise, Cisse and Tiote might go for one last payday abroad but again, who cares?

Townsend will defo leave if you go down imo. He still will feel he is good enough to play for England and he has shown enough to prove he is a good prem player.

Anita one of the few that performed yesterday, hope he stays.

We have to invest in a couple of strikers next season, what we have simply isn't good enough.

no Benitez next season and we'll look forward to a strike force or Rivierre and Armstrong.

We have to invest in a couple of strikers next season, what we have simply isn't good enough.

I was annoyed by him yesterday. He kept hoofing balls to nothing and wasting possession. He wasn't the only one, but was the worst offender for it.

anybody still optimistic enough that we can stay up? wednesday seems so far away. hope that both teams lose to create a nerving final day

If Sunderland don't win Wednesday then you will beat spurs, question then of can sunderland beat watford

Mackems face a poor Everton side, who have nothing left to play for. Home win.

I've not been confident of us staying up since the Bournemouth defeat. Yeah my hopes were up a little the past few weeks but it's been out of our hands for too long to actually be optimistic.

I can only see Rafa staying if Matinez stays at Everton and he has absolute final say in transfers.

I wouldn't be that arsed if most of the squad left. We need to keep hold of Armstrong and actually play him as I can see him being a top championship player. I think the British lads will all stay apart from Townsend. Krul might stay depending what offers come in but I don't think we've actually missed him as Elliot and Darlow have been excellent under the circumstances.

Whoever decided to extend Colo's contract wants shot. Can't see Ashley being happy with that at all.

If Sunderland don't win Wednesday then you will beat spurs, question then of can sunderland beat watford

No they won't.

I'm hoping Sunderland don't win in midweek anyway.

Charnley decided that extending Colo's contract was the cheaper option, rather than going out and buying a new DC. Was he under orders with regards to the transfer blueprint? Who knows.

His term as MD has been a complete disaster. :mad:

I don't think a manager like rafa would fancy managing in the lower leagues, he doesn't have difficulty getting a job anywhere in the top european league or even premier league. we'll end up with **** like managers like steve kean or curbishley or chris powell and the likes

I think sunderland would draw vs everton on wed to set up an interesting weekend. just hope watford doesn't sleep sound next weekend

Charnley decided that extending Colo's contract was the cheaper option, rather than going out and buying a new DC. Was he under orders with regards to the transfer blueprint? Who knows.

His term as MD has been a complete disaster. :mad:

Charnley should be first out the door in the summer very quickly followed by Graham Carr

I wouldn't bet on that happening, Foster although there is talk of Carr retiring.

This came up on my FB feed, earlier. Thought it worth sharing;

Ten Years of Mike Ashley: - Feel free to share this the next time a fan of another club tells you "he hasn't done a bad job".

Twice relegated (pending the inevitable)

Twice appointed Joe Kinnear

Only two top ten finishes in ten years.

Five relegation fights.

Twice lost major lawsuits launched by his own staff (Keegan/Gutierez)

Branded a "liar" by a high court judge in the Keegan trial.

Found guilty of firing a player because he had cancer in the Gutierez trial!

Had John Carver fire two senior players by telephone (the same call - to save money) then...fired John Carver.

Hired John Carver.

Fired the popular Chris Hughton after he masterminded the club's return to the Premier League and a 5-1 thrashing of Sunderland. Hired Alan Pardew who became the first ever NUFC manager to lose four consecutive derbies and the worst losing streak for 100 years!

Inherited debt of 129 million when he bought the club - this has remained static for TEN YEARS, despite his media friends telling everyone he "cleared the debt" - he hasn't...not a penny. He transferred it to himself so that instead of NUFC owing a bank £129 million we owe HIM £129 million.A figure that never reduces despite the vast profits he has turned over in player sales nearly every season.

None of this debt has ever been cleared despite this benevolence allowing him to cream transfer profits and use the stadium as his own personal advertising space for Sports Direct FOR FREE!

Here's a few other things he did:

Changed the name of St. James Park to "Sports Direct Arena". Total funds received from Sports Direct for this honour: £0

Declared it club policy at a fans forum that winning cups was "not a priority" as it interfered with club's stated goal of "finishing tenth".

Declared "The buck stops here" after the club dodged relegation last year.

Declared "Don't come crying to me" around a month ago when it became apparent that the club will now be relegated for the second time under his watch.

Declared "I have virtually nil effect on Newcastle United" in the same interview.

The Newcastle United that I grew up watching challenged for the title 20 years ago, played regularly in Europe and reached two FA cup Finals. They played in the Champions league under Bobby Robson and even when they were terrible under Dalglish and Gullit they reached FA Cup Finals and had a soul.

The NUFC I have watched under the Ashley Regime is not the same institution, he has leached and bled the heart out of the club, turning the stadium into a tacky billboard for a zero hours contract charver clothes store, the shirt into a barely recognisable advert for a classless payday lender, the playing staff into a revolving door of legends in their own minds, whose only interest is to step into a shop window and be sold for profit to whoever will have them.

He has isolated and alienated club legends and sucked the willpower out of supporters who were once considered some of the noisiest in the country.

NUFC under Ashley is a hollow vacant shell so don't peddle your "he's done a good job" myths or your "but he cleared the debt" fantasies at me.

Until he is gone you can look forward to the Sports Direct Boot stamping on your face forever.

Wake up Newcastle. Do whatever it takes to get rid of this parasite...and no, I don't mean throwing a bunch of ****ing beachballs onto the pitch.

‪#‎ashleyout‬

:thup:

Huge results for Sunderland today.

Spurs need to draw with you next week now to come 2nd, as surely Arsenal beat Villa at home.

Huge results for Sunderland today.

Spurs need to draw with you next week now to come 2nd, as surely Arsenal beat Villa at home.

yeah just be better that sunderland beat everton then newcastle don't need to show up next sunday :thup:

I don't think Mickey Quinn was/is too happy with Villa fans. Talked all season about Villa being the worst team in the prem (he is right) and how Rafa would keep them up no problem yet we are unbeaten against Newcastle this year. He's started blocking Twitter fans now. Looks like he can dish it but can't take it.

We had nearly 3000 marching yesterday before and after the game. I believe the beachballs thing was just part of the Relegation Party we were having.

Hope you do get rid of Ashley though. At least Lerner takes accountability for his inept actions.

Whole back 5 plus Tiote did well, Anita has really grown into the RB role. Problem was Tiote and Colback weren't needed as a pair and should never have played as one against Villa. De Jong came on and played CM for 6 minutes and looked better than Colback. Rafa got it all wrong.

Championship 45mins away from being confirmed, for next season. The only hope we have left is that Benitez decides to stay to take us back up, next season.

As I've mentioned before I think the only way he'll stay is if Martinez is still in a job. But going off tonight's performance I doubt he will be.

I can only hope that Benitez has already discussed this with the board and the board have got a plan b. Which I also doubt.

Ashley never has a plan B. If Benitez goes, the club will go dark for two months after Sunday, and more than likely - Joe Kinnear will return just before the season is due to start.

Now it's officially confirmed, we can now start to trying to flog the **** we have. Expect Gini agent to come out within 24 hours linking him with x y z.

Any announcement on Benitez will probably come after the match on Sunday. If he isn't stopping, then Ashley won't want any protests on Sunday.

Just let the fans take to the pitch for sunday's game I think, you can choose amongst yourselves for line up, cheers.

Now it's officially confirmed, we can now start to trying to flog the **** we have. Expect Gini agent to come out within 24 hours linking him with x y z.

Good! He can take Janmaat, sissoko, cisse and Colo with him.

As a thank you for your loyalty we've added an extra 4 home games to your 2016/2017 season tickets!

The Chronicle avoid blaming Ashley;

13177193_10153867380128122_8346907732905625981_n.jpg?oh=c17c479aa0fc64312bf69524c9abcfea&oe=579FF081

That is priceless!

Pages 76,77,78,79 & 80?

So many pages with nothing but Ashley's name on it?

Charnley speaks;

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160511/statement-from-lee-charnley_2281670_5562332

Tonight we are devastated at our relegation from the Premier League, as I know every single person connected to this football club will be.

I want to thank all of the fans for the support you have shown for the Club you love throughout the season, in spite of this massive disappointment and underachievement.

Your support throughout has been magnificent, but I want to pay particular thanks for the incredible backing you have given to Rafa and the team during the latter part of the season. Nothing more could be asked of you and I am truly sorry we have not given you the outcome you deserve.

I also want to thank every single member of staff here. This Club is their livelihood, but they are fans too. To go through the threat of relegation last season and then to suffer a worse fate this time around has been very hard for them. I know that each and every one of them has done whatever they could to help us out of the situation we now find ourselves in.

We know that supporters want to know what the future holds and will want to hear more from us as soon as possible. The process of scrutinising what went wrong and planning for what is to come has already begun.

Right now, of course, Rafa and the team must prepare for the final game of the season but after that, please rest assured we will communicate more fully with supporters.

--------------------

Arseholes the lot.

As a thank you for your loyalty we've added an extra 4 home games to your 2016/2017 season tickets!
:D

I expect Rafa to leave within a week as there is no positive to be had for his career should he stay.

Got to say that statement takes the ****. I genuinely feel for you. Im not joking. You, as fans, if not your team, deserve better.

I've been always amused that you've been able to get players "on the rise" like Cabaye, Santon, Debuchy, Sissoko (FM legend) on the cheap so you never really had to "spend" so much

Now this season you went out and bought players who were "in the progress", dropping bags of cash and you ended up being relegated.

Ashley's plan has always been to buy young players, who have re-sale value. It's not about building a team or challenging for honours - the club is nothing more than a car showroom and a huge advertising board for his SD brand. And because of this, it's gone ****-up - again. The first NUFC owner in our history, to see us relegated twice.

The Chronicle avoid blaming Ashley;

13177193_10153867380128122_8346907732905625981_n.jpg?oh=c17c479aa0fc64312bf69524c9abcfea&oe=579FF081

Front page now changed to...

"Keep Rafa... Then go" :D

I think our first major task is to bring back Kath the tea lady. We've been ***** since she left.

**** it give her Charnleys job, she's probably more qualified than he is anyway.

The more I look at that club statement, the more I believe the club are terrified that there will be a mass revolt in the stands, on Sunday. Ashley/Keith Bishop are desperately trying to buy time. This needs hammering home over the next few days.

Chronicle have now changed their front page for tomorrow;

13062072_10153867559608122_776159556264505138_n.jpg?oh=aa188ec1a40f3c19a43df47b87916c46&oe=57AF42FB

.com go after Charnley;

NUFC released this totally meaningless statement on Wednesday evening, credited to Lee Charnley:

"Tonight we are devastated at our relegation from the Premier League, as I know every single person connected to this football club will be.

"I want to thank all of the fans for the support you have shown for the club you love throughout the season, in spite of this massive disappointment and under-achievement.

"Your support throughout has been magnificent, but I want to pay particular thanks for the incredible backing you have given to Rafa and the team during the latter part of the season. Nothing more could be asked of you and I am truly sorry we have not given you the outcome you deserve.

-----------------------

You've hit the nail on the head there, we certainly don't deserve to suffer because a jumped-up office boy perpetually fails to do his job, abetted by a London PR bluffer with zero football knowledge.

How about taking responsibility for employing Steve McClaren, taking responsibility for dithering over sacking him and taking responsibility for the delay in appointing Rafa Benitez, Lee? An outcome that sees you losing your job would be more than deserving....

"I also want to thank every single member of staff here. This club is their livelihood, but they are fans too. To go through the threat of relegation last season and then to suffer a worse fate this time around has been very hard for them. I know that each and every one of them has done whatever they could to help us out of the situation we now find ourselves in.

And after *****ing millions of pounds on unplayable idiots at the behest of certain agents, you'll now proceed to sack people whose loyalty to the club is routinely exploited as they work year in year out for little or no increase on their derisory wages.

"We know that supporters want to know what the future holds and will want to hear more from us as soon as possible. The process of scrutinising what went wrong and planning for what is to come has already begun. Right now, of course, Rafa and the team must prepare for the final game of the season but after that, please rest assured we will communicate more fully with supporters."

The only communication required is that of your departure and that the owner has sold up and gone. Everything else is irrelevant.

And also a write up on tonight;

Latest:

Gone

Premier League - bottom four:

Pos Team Pld Pts GD

17 mackems 37 38 -14

18 Newcastle R 37 34 -25

19 Norwich R 37 34 -25

20 Aston Villa R 37 17 -45

A 3-0 home win over Everton on Wednesday ensured Premier League survival for the mackems - and means that both Norwich City and Newcastle United will be joining Aston Villa in the Championship next season.

The Toffees fell behind to a goal from ex-Magpie defender Patrick van Aanholt and quickly conceded twice more to put us out of our misery before this Sunday's season-closer against Spurs at SJP.

Big Sham may have struck the fatal blow, but the knife he twisted may as well have come in a Sports Direct carrier bag, complete with a discount sticker and a free pair of socks.

Make no mistake: his has been all of our own work; from Carver to McClaren, from Berahino to Doumbia, from Coloccini's new deal to a ridiculous pre-season schedule. We did it all to ourselves. Again.

With the relegation threat that has been a constant this season (we've not been higher than fifteenth since August) now a reality, attention now turns to who will be the manager next August when United line up against Burton, Blackburn, Brentford or whoever.

For all the optimistic press claims this week about an infatuated Rafa Benitez remaining at SJP regardless of the league they're in, the question of whether he'll actually be asked to do so hasn't been mentioned.

The so-called "break clause" works both ways and United can opt to show him the door - a seemingly bonkers strategy, but one that's only too believable given the club's "best pound for pound value" mantra and the key positions held by footballing pygmies.

Discontent among supporters has been kept in check solely by the installation of Benitez and the rapport he's established allied to the respect he already had.

That he's similar to a Keegan or a Robson figure in credibility and trustworthiness seems to be a widely held view - but beyond him lies nothing.

Only Rafa's presence has kept total disillusionment at bay and given fans a hint of something positive and tangible when considering the future - that someone with the requisite skills and knowledge was actually prepared to come here and sort these ******** out.

Let him walk and you have nowhere left to turn - and a vacancy that only a madman or a bluffer would consider. We've employed enough of both already, which is why relegation is completely deserved.

It remains to be seen whether Mike Ashley shows his face on Sunday and if so, whether he'll reprise his live TV interview taking responsibility for the endless lunacy of this football club - and mean it this time.

Stats:

This will be United's sixth top flight demotion, two of which have seen them exit from the Premier League:

1934, 1961, 1978, 1989, 2009 and now 2016.

The Championship fixtures will be published on Wednesday June 22nd and the opening games are played over the weekend of Saturday August 6th, ending on the weekend on Sunday May 7th.

In addition to us, that league will consist of:

Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Brentford, Bristol City, Burton Albion, Cardiff City, Fulham, Huddersfield Town, Ipswich Town, Leeds United, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Preston North End, QPR, Reading, Rotherham United, Wigan Athletic, Wolves.

+three from Brighton, Derby, Hull, Sheffield Weds.

+one from Barnsley, Bradford, Millwall, Walsall.

Who ripped the heart out of Newcastle?

[video=youtube;E4glvnp0Vaw]

Is it just desperate delusion that makes me think he'll stay?

If it wasn't for the soon to be empty Everton job I'd agree with you.

Though if Everton get someone like De Boer or Pellegrini, he might actually stay.