Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Newcastle United Thread 15/16 - Come watch us somehow screw up Rafa

Had a dream we went 3-0 up against Watford today, being clinical for once....

Bet we now lose 1-0 missing loads of chances :(

Always thought that football fan rivalry was pathetic. Any Newcastle fan throwing abuse at Harper for that should be banned from the stadium for life.

Yup - it's shameful the way he's been abused by some. I wish Harps well. :thup:

Team news;

12494008_1158972080779703_7207358267421445389_o.jpg

Seems to be some thoughts that we'll have a change of shape, moving to a 3-5-2, with Aarons going in at LWB. All of our other DL options are injured apparently.

Yup. TV coverage over here has us lining up as a 3-5-2, with Wijnaldum dropping off Mitrovic.

Also, since Taylor is on his way back, it'll be interesting to see if they ever fix the numbers on that graphic :D

Apparently it's both Sissoko and Wijnaldum behind Mitrovic, which is pretty interesting.

Elliott with a great double stop after Lascelles got easily disposessed...

My commentator is pronouncing his name La-Sell-Ess. Is that the actual pronunciation? I always thought it was La-Sells

We've done OK - Saviet looks a bit lost and Gini/Sissoko haven't been in the game as much yet.

Elliott with a great double stop after Lascelles got easily disposessed...

My commentator is pronouncing his name La-Sell-Ess. Is that the actual pronunciation? I always thought it was La-Sells

I thought it was La-Sell. Unless there's a vowel after the last consonant in French words you don't generally pronounce it. I've been out of French class for about a year now though so I might be wrong.

I thought it was La-Sell. Unless there's a vowel after the last consonant in French words you don't generally pronounce it. I've been out of French class for about a year now though so I might be wrong.

Yeah, I did French all through school as well so was basing my pronunciation on that - of course, unusually for a Newcastle player, he's not actually French ;)

I'll just chalk this up to the commentator trying too hard until proven otherwise.

Still not sure from the replay whether he was on or offside

Tight enough that you can't feel bad about it apparently.

Gouffran :D and Perez on. Saviet and Aarons off.

2nd half from us has been abysmal. McClaren will blame injuries and the first goal being off-side, this week. :)

5 away goals all season.... 23 conceded. :D

And Perez swings a great cross from the right for Gouffran to put a free header almost out for a throw

Hopefully the club will finally buy a bloody defender. Saviet is a waste of money and squad space.

Scored from behind and from a corner?

What the hell is going on?

Too little, too late.

And we're doing that thing where the defenders actually try and pass the ball out from the back.. y'know, football.

Riviere coming on for Coloccini for the last few minutes

We are doomed. Even if a new striker comes in, it changes little. The cancer is still present within the club and it won't shift until the owner sells up. Everything which happens is symptomatic of how he runs the club.

We're far from doomed. Norwich showed earlier how bad they are, just need an actual goalscorer and another defender and I'm confident we'll get more points even if it isn't pretty, but same mistakes can't be made in the summer once again signing pointless players like Saviet etc.

Because the same mistakes keep on getting made over and over again! We've rode our luck for the past couple of seasons - this time, it's running out! Signing unproven young players from abroad, looking to sell them on in a year or two, is asking for trouble. Ashley's model has failed.

Mike Ashley Lies @MikeAshleyLies

Arsenal - "magnificent"

Mackems - "perfect performance"

Everton - "magnificent"

WBA - "we did ever so well"

Watford - "tremendous"

0 points

10:55 PM - 23 Jan 2016

McClaren's 'thoughts' on these defeats. :) Deluded spin? Not ****ing much!

Mike Ashley Lies @MikeAshleyLies

Arsenal - "magnificent"

Mackems - "perfect performance"

Everton - "magnificent"

WBA - "we did ever so well"

Watford - "tremendous"

0 points

10:55 PM - 23 Jan 2016

McClaren's 'thoughts' on these defeats. :) Deluded spin? Not ****ing much!

Most of those games we had chances to win but our strikers let us down. The problems we have are just as much our forwards problem as Mclarens.

We were STILL the better team despite having a player wrongly sent off vs Sunderland.

How many points on the board from those games though? The striker problem is self-inflicted by Ashley and Penfold's failure to sign an experienced quality striker, last summer (and so far in January) Also - if McClaren thinks we were tremendous yesterday, he's as blind as bat. He was terrified of Deeney and Igahlo and set us up not to lose the game, rather than try to get anything from it. It's just more negative tactics and means now that we've lost the momentum we gained from the Man United and West Ham games.

He's not good enough as a manager and the sad thing is if we go down, he'll still be in charge next season.

The 'striker problem' is a joke. Midfielders are missing chances too, Sissoko hasn't scored all season.

No it isn't a joke, our strikers have cost us points. It's their main job to score goals yet they have fluffed many chances. Sissoko has been key with Janmaat all season as our focal point in attack.

Our strikers are kids ffs.

No they aren't, they're grown men. Mitrovic's all round play is good but his shooting is ****, he has only scored 2 goals more than Cisse so far this season with more than double the game time. I like our young strikers but they need help, another striker.

Mitro's last goal in open play was 13-12-2015, that is just not good enough.

Bad result for us, with Swansea winning at Everton. Not looking good, is it?

Mr Optimistic as always...

To be fair, nothing to be optimistic about right now.

To be fair, nothing to be optimistic about right now.

You could still show optimism about making some crucial signings. It's when the window closes and we haven't signed that striker that you should be very worried.

We were riding a mini high until the Watford game (which we had a lot of injuries for), so I'm not going to be all doom and gloom just yet.

It's a bit perplexing that we seemingly have no desire to sign a LB though, considering we only have 1 proper LB on our books (Haidara), and he's not really good enough.

No it isn't a joke, our strikers have cost us points. It's their main job to score goals yet they have fluffed many chances. Sissoko has been key with Janmaat all season as our focal point in attack.

Sissoko has been key at times but we're nearly in February and he still hasn't scored despite being one of the 4 furthest forward players all season.

Sissoko has been key at times but we're nearly in February and he still hasn't scored despite being one of the 4 furthest forward players all season.

Instead, he's been our most creative player by far. Be better if he was scoring but at least he is being creative.

Instead, he's been our most creative player by far. Be better if he was scoring but at least he is being creative.

Exactly. If he is being the most creative player, then as you say, you should be looking to improve the finishing/find a goal scoring rather than piling all the responsibility on one player, or is he supposed to create everything and somehow also score too?

How many assists does Moussa have this season out of interest?

Been really impressed with Gini this season,doesn't seem to play as well away from home but I think that can be applied to the whole team.

Looks like he's going to be a huge player for us over the next few seasons,really hope we can keep hold of him.

Exactly. If he is being the most creative player, then as you say, you should be looking to improve the finishing/find a goal scoring rather than piling all the responsibility on one player, or is he supposed to create everything and somehow also score too?

Ah, I see you're familiar with Pardew's tactic with Ben Arfa

How many assists does Moussa have this season out of interest?

Been really impressed with Gini this season,doesn't seem to play as well away from home but I think that can be applied to the whole team.

Looks like he's going to be a huge player for us over the next few seasons,really hope we can keep hold of him.

5 assists, averages 2 chances created a game. he's created a total of 44 chances in the league this season and the side has put away just 5 of them. Cant be asking him to do much more attacking wide tbh