Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Newcastle United Thread 15/16 - Come watch us somehow screw up Rafa

Apparently, you have to go back all the way to 1897/98 since we last failed to win one of our first 8 league games. These records keep on getting broken under Ashley. :(

Really don't know how Mitrovic didn't make it two there. Massive save by Hart.

Mitrovic has just missed a sitter. He could have had a hatrick so far.

Anita booked for a very dodgy tackle - two feet off the ground.

Radio Newcastle reckon it wasn't that bad, when they saw a replay. Defo a yellow though.

Had a feeling going into this game that Mitrovic would score - but then, I also expected him to go mental and get a red card for his celebration :D

1-1 at HT. We've played really well (surprisingly) and are unlucky to not be in front. Whatever happens today, I think we can take some heart from this.

City lucky to be level,and still haven't seen a good replay of your disallowed goal.

1-1 at HT. We've played really well (surprisingly) and are unlucky to not be in front. Whatever happens today, I think we can take some heart from this.

Much like Chelsea, you can only take heart if you try and replicate it against teams in around you though. If you only show up for the games against the big sides it will be a long hard season.

Much like Chelsea, you can only take heart if you try and replicate it against teams in around you though. If you only show up for the games against the big sides it will be a long hard season.

Which was what Jose said after last week's game. :thup:

3-1

Aguero hatrick :(

Newcastle self destruct again.

Mbabu knackered as well.

First half we absolutely killed them. Scored one, had a perfectly good goal chalked off (Perez given offside despite being behind the man playing the ball) and Mitrovic should have scored a one on one. That Anita tackle, if you watch it back Zabaleta was off the ground with studs up as well, so if that's a red it should have been a red for both of them.

Second half, well, **** it.

5-1 now

Aguero with his 4th.

It's a total capitulation. Desperate stuff. :(

(Perez given offside despite being behind the man playing the ball)

That doesn't make him onside Neil, just saying. :)

Well at least I have Aguero as my fantasy team captain, never seen a team go from playing so well in the first half to so badly in the second.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 1h1 hour ago

NORTH EAST FOOTBALL IS BACK.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 12m12 minutes ago

NORTH EAST FOOTBALL IS CACK.

Full Time

Desperate and disgraceful. We could break Derby's record low points total. :(

That doesn't make him onside Neil, just saying. :)

Apologies, he was behind the man AND the ball when it was played. ;)

Full Time

Desperate and disgraceful. We could break Derby's record low points total. :(

Christ man talk about an overreaction. We were the better side first half and so far this season we've played Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea. The Watford game was awful granted, but if you look at our run of games now there's definitely points to be taken.

If you look at the games we've played realistically somewhere around 5 points wouldn't have been too bad. Aside from the Watford game I wouldn't say we would have been favourites to win any of the other matches. From the next six I can picture us getting at least 10 points.

6-1 - Aguero with his 5th.

Sorry lads - McLaren out.

Sack another good coach so you can hire another good coach and ruin him too? When will you realise the problems at Newcastle are like 5% of the managers, 10% of the players, 50% the board/owner/ and 50% the fans. It's basic math.

Christ man talk about an overreaction. We were the better side first half and so far this season we've played Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea. The Watford game was awful granted, but if you look at our run of games now there's definitely points to be taken.

If you look at the games we've played realistically somewhere around 5 points wouldn't have been too bad. Aside from the Watford game I wouldn't say we would have been favourites to win any of the other matches. From the next six I can picture us getting at least 10 points.

We couldn't even beat Sheffield Wednesday at home :D

6-1 - Aguero with his 5th.

Sorry lads - McLaren out.

BG such a kneejerk supporter :D

Danming;

12109265_926130174141497_2280066694008417768_n.jpg?oh=5f610d6b80fce7bf1acf663262b00ccc&oe=568FC531

Neil - today's captitulation has shown rather starkly that there is no spine within the dressing room. As soon as Citeh equalized, you could tell the heads dropped. There are no leaders whatsoever and these hammerings have been all to regular in recent years.

If you think we'll pick up 10 points from the next 6 games, you are off your rocker.

Not in my wildest nightmares did I see a capitulation like that coming. I thought we'd lose once Citeh turned it up, but to concede 5 goals in 20 minutes?! If you aren't worried or are merely looking to score a cheap point, then you can GTF.

We couldn't even beat Sheffield Wednesday at home :D

Yeah that was quite crap, but start a team with no actual striker and Williamson at the back you're always going to be a bit crap. :D

As Brock mentioned first 8 games when I saw the fixtures always knew we would be in bottom 3 after them just hoped we'd have around 6 points (Watford win) instead of 3.

Maintain McClaren is judged from now till end of November. They're are the games we should be picking up wins, struggle with those and still in bottom 3 it'll be hard to defend him but will still have my backing till then.

I think he's got another two games. Lose to the mackems (which will happen) and there will be no hiding place for him. He's been hung out to dry by not only the owner, but Charnley, Carr and the players. I have a little sympathy but he knew who he was getting into bed with when he joined.

Neil - today's captitulation has shown rather starkly that there is no spine within the dressing room. As soon as Citeh equalized, you could tell the heads dropped. There are no leaders whatsoever and these hammerings have been all to regular in recent years.

If you think we'll pick up 10 points from the next 6 games, you are off your rocker.

Well I guess we'll see in the next six games. The hammerings have been all too regular because we're just not very good and we've not had very good managers in that time period. McClaren wasn't the right choice and we all knew that, but at least we're trying to play football which isn't soul destroying unlike what Pardew was doing. I think there have been signs there's a decent side in there and against lesser sides, with Mitrovic and Perez playing I expect us to pick up points.

I'll take the current situation where we're at least trying to build something over Pardew's 'we'll stop them playing' any day of the week.

Obviously need to get yourselves some Armstrong :cool:

Please don't

Armstrong will be back playing for us, in next season's Championship.

Also now one win out of our last nineteen league games.

And BG wonders why no one takes him seriously. Newcastle did well last week, had a good first half today then Aguero went crazy. It happened to Wolfsburg with Lewandowski too. You just move on, quickly.

I'm with Neil and Pearcey, only league result that annoyed me was Watford. That was a must win but draws with Chelsea, Man Utd and Southampton were bonus points. The other results I half expected.

Chance to regroup now have a break from each other and come back fighting.

Danming;

12109265_926130174141497_2280066694008417768_n.jpg?oh=5f610d6b80fce7bf1acf663262b00ccc&oe=568FC531

I'm sure if you look at most premier league clubs that stat would probably ring true, there's been some huge defeats across the board... Even for the big teams. The overall attacking quality has increased significantly over the past few years in the prem.

Newcastle to get relegated might be a safe enough bet this season the way you're playing, your team strikes no fear into any team, it's a shambles haha