Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Newcastle United Thread 15/16 - Come watch us somehow screw up Rafa

Will be annoyed if Colo is the defender to leave over Willo/Taylor :mad:

Mbemba looks like coming in so that'd be 1 in 1 out, so would still need a top defender. Preferably one that's heavily experienced in the Premiership so Mbemba can have some experienced (and reliable) head alongside him. Would love to see us go and throw Stoke a very tempting offer for Shawcross. Someone like that would be my preference. In current context it would be a side way move for him, but who knows could tempt him possibly.

I'd rather keep Taylor than Colo, better defender these days just made of glass. Dummett will improve even more this season if he gets games at CB and Lascelles has come in as well. Mbemba and Lascelles in, Colo and Willo out would be fine.

Serious lack of Premiership experience there for my liking. We're not in a position where we can take the gamble of two young CBs being the starters, really do need a experienced head alongside one of them for me.

Coloccini needs to stay and get fit, or someone needs to be brought in.

Seen your U17's play tonight at the Milk Cup. Must say a couple of them were impressed, one player in particular stood out which was #11 apparently it's Mackenzie Mac McCubbin.

Seen your U17's play tonight at the Milk Cup. Must say a couple of them were impressed, one player in particular stood out which was #11 apparently it's Mackenzie Mac McCubbin.

We have a Mackenzie Heaney that scores loads for the u18s, I assume you're talking about him, otherwise I don't recognise the name.

Looks like Armstrong's headed to Coventry for a six month loan. Should be good for him provided he starts regularly.

Serious lack of Premiership experience there for my liking. We're not in a position where we can take the gamble of two young CBs being the starters, really do need a experienced head alongside one of them for me.

If Taylor could stay fit then he'd be perfect as he has bags of experience and is actually a good defender. Dummett isn't a kid anymore either, over 50 games for the club now and a full international.

Taylor is not a good defender. I'd almost say he'd be an ok backup, but he's too injury prone for that as well.

Has he been injured so long that people have forgotten what he was like?

Taylor has had enough chances and should have been moved on a few seasons ago - possibly when QPR were interested. He's too injury prone, thick as pighsit and no-one gets taken in by his fist pumping.

We have a Mackenzie Heaney that scores loads for the u18s, I assume you're talking about him, otherwise I don't recognise the name.

This him? http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/463577122-mackenzie-heaney-of-england-looks-on-during-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QWWsTwTHdqlMseHF5XcIV4Y%2FQS9nG%2F%2FwDoGmE7oAKus0ATT%2F9zOlvol9IK09%2BTfUZQ%3D%3D

If so that's the guy who had a great game.

Like a cross between David Beckham and John Hartson.

New 'alternative' club shirt, released by the folk behind Ashleyout.com - goes on sale at 9pm tonight. Just over £27 (inc UK delivery) for an adult shirt. Kids is slightly cheaper at just over £23.

11813503_892918877462627_6483045151479352352_n.jpg?oh=073d872a506607e6af3299dd79546e61&oe=565003A2

Goes on sale from here;

http://themagpiebrand.co.uk/

Statement;

"Today we launch The Magpie Brand and its first product The Magpie Shirt - available at www.themagpiebrand.co.uk later this evening.

The Magpie Shirt is priced at just £27.74 for adult sizes and just under £23.74 for the youth sizes, which is cost price (including UK delivery). This offers amazing value when you consider the price of the official offering.

Thousands of supporters look on with embarrassment and disgust at the current Wonga clad black, blue and white replica kits. For many, they are simply not an attractive or financially viable option that represents them - the proud members, supporters and lifeblood of Newcastle United. The Magpie Shirt strengthens the ties between the city of Newcastle upon Tyne and the club so that each and every supporter can feel a sense of belonging and pride in their football team once again.

The shirt encompasses a magpie logo, known all over the world as synonymous with Newcastle United and red shield with three silver castles, the main insignia on the city coat of arms and its oldest known representation, depicting the unbreakable ties between the club and the city so sadly damaged under the current ownership of Newcastle United.

Sports Direct and Mike Ashley do not deserve any more supporters' money and we strongly feel that advertising a legal loan shark is wholly inappropriate, especially on shirts for children and The Magpie Shirt offers a viable alternative.

The Magpie Brand and The Magpie Shirt is affiliated with the Newcastle United Supporters Trust, AshleyOut.Com, Mike Ashley Out Campaign, Gallowgate Shots, True Faith and THE MAG".

BE ALTERNATIVE.

BE UNITED

------------------------------

I may well invest in one, when I'm a bit more flush. :)

That's actually nice, not so sure about the placement of the crests/ adidas being in a line mind. May invest in one.

How are they getting away with using the Adidas branding? Or is it just some template Adidas top they've bought and then stitched the extra badges on to?

It's the latter, I believe. It will have been checked out. I know this has been in development for 'some time'. :thup:

I'll invest in one next pay day, need a new white top for indoor football. Looks smart too :)

I like that shirt and it got me thinking, when was Newcastle United owned cooperatively or by community? Wiki tells me it's never been community owned, which got me even more curious as to how people of the city became so attached to the club that has seemingly always been privately owned and controlled.

Anyone got a short history?

Few people moaning about that shirt that it's not striped on the back, just again a big (black?) space. :(

I like that shirt and it got me thinking, when was Newcastle United owned cooperatively or by community? Wiki tells me it's never been community owned, which got me even more curious as to how people of the city became so attached to the club that has seemingly always been privately owned and controlled.

Anyone got a short history?

Never has been, which is a pity. As Toon 84 said, it's a one-club city which has helped and it still benefits from having the ground slap-bang in the middle of the City Centre. Newcastle is a proper football city - just a pity we have an ogre for an owner.

The new alternative top sold out within 2hours. New batch on the way soon, according to Ashleyout.com :)

Few people moaning about that shirt that it's not striped on the back, just again a big (black?) space. :(

White space, but it actually looks pretty good with name and number on the back(in black)

Where's the money from those shirts going.

Darlow, Bigirimana, Lascelles, Satka, Ferguson, Perez, Abeid, Gouffran, Aarons, De Jong ©, Mitrovic.

Subs: Elliot, Kemen, Louis Johnson, Lewis Suddick.

Assume Bigi could be used as a back up RB this season, being deployed there again. Mitrovic making his debut \o/ If I known we were so short on players I would have happily traveled and sat on the bench.

2-0 down at York already. :)

Brave, new world. :thup:

Our team is mostly Under 21/ reserves. Result is irrelevant.

Well, I'd like to think with the new season being a week and a half away, we'd be putting out a pretty strong side, rather than having to cobble together a makeshift back 4!

Everyone is tired still from America tour, coupled with Colo still being injured. If anything it just highlights the need to make more defensive signings.

Full team will be out at weekend for game against Mochengladbach. Would assume the formation/team for that game will more then likely be the side that lines up against Southampton.

Another CB, Winger and even a striker and I'll be very happy with the window. As long as we don't sell too many.

Would be happy to see Colo/ Williamson/ Obertan & Gouffran go though.

Mbemba won't get his visa until next week, meaning he won't play on Saturday.

Coloccini is also a doubt with his (alleged) achilles injury and if he doesn't play then our (supposedly) first team defensive partnership won't have played a single minute of our pre-season.

There's a really good chance we'll be going into the Southampton game with two players from Taylor, Willamson, Dummett and Lascalles in the centre of defence.

No idea how good Lascalles is.

Not very. He's definitely not ahead of Dummett right now.

Another CB, Winger and even a striker and I'll be very happy with the window. As long as we don't sell too many.

I'd be ok swapping another striker signing for a new LB and a back-up RB, since we can play with one striker and De Jong/Wijnaldum/Cabella/Sissoko as a #10. But otherwise yeah, that's what we need.

Colo won't play until any proposed transfer is sorted, IMO.

Mbemba's been granted permission to play in tomorrow's friendly. Should at least give him a run out before the season starts.

I'm making the journey up tomorrow so hopefully we get a glimpse. Also Andy Woodman's finally left. Are we linked to any other GK coaches. Seen Steve Harper mentioned because he's doing his badges.

Simon Smith looks to be the favourite to replace him.

Hopefully today's team selection should give an indication of the team we're likely to put out against Southampton and where McClaren sees everyone playing.

I still struggle to put together a first XI which isn't leaving a good player out of the side or shunting someone out of their best position.

Hopefully today's team selection should give an indication of the team we're likely to put out against Southampton and where McClaren sees everyone playing

Really hope not :D

#NUFC v @borussia_en: Krul ©, Janmaat, Williamson, Taylor, Haïdara, Anita, Colback, Sissoko, Obertan, Wijnaldum, Cissé.

Williamson and Obertan starting last friendly :D How have they managed to stick around ffs.

Williamson didn't do too much wrong for once, but wasn't really tested tbh. Obertan had a half decent first half and a rotten second half before being subbed. However Taylor was very poor - Largely to blame for the goal, and nearly conceded a second when he let a player ghost past him with the ball, so immediately fouled him. Haidara also had a bit of a mere. Wijnaldum & Janmaat had a good game, and De Jong & Mbemba did well when they came on as well (Mbemba played RB). Mitrovic missed a sitter though. :p

A fair bit of negativity because we lost another friendly but I'm actually excited for the new season. With Wijnaldum, Mbmemba, Mitrovic, De Jong & Aarons this season we could be a much more potent team - obviously still could do with some strengthening though.

McClaren has also been quoted as saying he's basically used the pre-season games to judge the players, and will be looking to trim some fringe players he feels aren't good enough.