Sports Interactive Community
ajw10

Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

Just media speculation really, trying to assess body language and attitude and making a story about our lack of ambition. The truth these days if players want to leave to guarantee success there is only 3 realistic destinations in Europe for that. Barca, Juve & PSG.

Still think Özil is more likely to re-sign than Alexis.

Love all those twitter comments in the link, yes Ozil liking that picture means he hates Giroud. Bunch of morons

He never even liked that picture anyway it was just a photoshop.

Reckon this will be a big summer for us, Wenger's gonna go out with a bang.

Not staying unless next seasons thread is named in my honour.

I'd rather see that happen than see it be named after that fraud Senegal again

Father Senegal was some old guy who didn't really know much about football yet somehow managed to get employed by SI to do research on Arsenal player ratings which resulted in some deeply flawed player attributes. Can only imagine how good Lupoli would have been if his confidence wasn't crippled by being criminally underrated by Senegal on Football Manager. I tried my best to get him sacked but he got away with it somehow.

For some reason he's been honoured on here with his name on thread title years after I heroically hounded him out of this place.

A reminder Wenger did business early last year then did nothing for the rest of the window :D

Using this to keep myself calm about us getting Xhaka

Yeah I'm not that optimistic about this summer still. Pretty sure we signed Cech early last summer then did **** all. Wasn't it more or less the same the summer before with Alexis apart from maybe signing Debuchy to replace Sagna, Chambers as back up and then last minute signing Welbeck by an absolute fluke. Not exactly promising.

You lot will surely buy a striker though. With the news of Webleck now, must do and Walcott's future in the air.

You lot will surely buy a striker though. With the news of Webleck now, must do and Walcott's future in the air.

Hopefully Morata or Sturridge. Morata links are a bit too strong for me to believe it

Wouldn't surprise me if we kept Walcott now and didn't sign a striker. Love to be wrong of course.

it's funny because other club's fans think our summer dealings will actually make sense

Father Senegal was some old guy who didn't really know much about football yet somehow managed to get employed by SI to do research on Arsenal player ratings which resulted in some deeply flawed player attributes. Can only imagine how good Lupoli would have been if his confidence wasn't crippled by being criminally underrated by Senegal on Football Manager. I tried my best to get him sacked but he got away with it somehow.

For some reason he's been honoured on here with his name on thread title years after I heroically hounded him out of this place.

Is that true? :lol:

Always wondered why you guys still have a thread named after someone who's not been around for at least 5 years now.

Is that true? :lol:

Always wondered why you guys still have a thread named after someone who's not been around for at least 5 years now.

I think that post was wholly tongue-in-cheek.

He's not honoured as there's no reason to honour the guy as he was just another Arsenal thread regular. A nice guy and a good laugh but not some iconic figure or anything. It's just a 'thing' and nothing should be read into it.

We should definitely come up with something new now. I propose "Retro's Arsenal Thread"...

Not staying unless next seasons thread is named in my honour.

Make this ****ing happen god damn it. Goon deserves the respect. :mad:

Xhaka announced :cool:

Wow - we got our summer transfer dealing done extra early this season.

Sturridge is great and all, but do we really need another player so injury prone?

We got Cech done early last year, we all know how the rest of the window unfolded :D

Just sign Morata and a centre back and I'll be happy. Anything else is a bonus.

Make this ****ing happen god damn it. Goon deserves the respect. :mad:

This man knows. Jose buy an Xbox so we can have a clubs reunion man.

If we're going to name it after goon we may as well go the whole hog and call it Pires777's Arsenal Thread. :mad:

Welcome back btw.

Thanks Retro, good to see some old faces. Or really old face in your case ;)

There have got to be some decent Xhaka songs in the pipeline for next season...

Hopefully Morata or Sturridge. Morata links are a bit too strong for me to believe it

The £51m rumour seems hard to believe. I know you lot have **** loads of money now with all the deals etc but one I don't think he will even be guaranteed to start every game and 2, I really don't see Wenger spending that much on him. Time will tell I guess.

Sy13 is looked back on with rose tinted glasses, he was infuriating

He was only infuriating for those of you who post here. For those of us who mostly just read the thread, he was one of the best things about Arsenal losing or throwing away a lead.

I suppose it's kind of entertaining if you're the type of person that's entertained by a toddler throwing an angry tantrum.

We could win 5-0 and the next day the thread would be full of him arguing that if we had Harry Redknapp as manager we'd have won 6-0. How did he get banned again?

We could win 5-0 and the next day the thread would be full of him arguing that if we had Harry Redknapp as manager we'd have won 6-0. How did he get banned again?

I can't remember the exact timing but he got himself infracted then put the thread below up then decided to create not one but two sock puppet accounts which just tallied up further infraction points till he got himself banned permanently.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/395981-Attention-SEGA-and-all-SI-Mods-The-state-of-this-board

I can't specifically remember but he was a real pain in the arse with the number of post reports he created and reports created about him etc etc and in the end it was just decided he was more bother than he was worth. I seem to remember saying at the time that it's not SI's responsibility to provide entertainment by indulging complete idiots on the forum.

Sy was ArsenalFanTV before ArsenalFanTV. Agree that he's one of those things where you miss him but would want to kill him within minutes of him being back. djvandyke was far worse imo, he'd be just as bad but without the over the top hyperbole he wouldn't be as funny in a so stupid it's funny kind of way.

Not sure about Morata for £51M. Fair play if we've chucked £51M at all the better strikers and had no luck though I guess. I do think he'd be a good signing but just for that price would expect someone a bit better.

Ramsey #8 next season so he's definitely staying. Talk of Wilshere wanting to move because he doesn't want to play out wide

I wouldn't listen to any of the numbers being banded about with Morata. Some are saying £51m others are saying RM have first refusal and will sell him on for £38m. As for the player though, I'm sure a lot of us have seen plenty of him and while he's hardly been prolific career to date I do reckon he's got all the attributes to be more so. What I have noticed about him is he always seems to turn up in big games and scores important goals, particularly in Juve's run to the CL final last season. Would definitely be keen on him at Arsenal!

Ramsey #8 next season so he's definitely staying. Talk of Wilshere wanting to move because he doesn't want to play out wide

Excellent. Glad to see him get that shirt.

I wouldn't listen to any of the numbers being banded about with Morata. Some are saying £51m others are saying RM have first refusal and will sell him on for £38m. As for the player though, I'm sure a lot of us have seen plenty of him and while he's hardly been prolific career to date I do reckon he's got all the attributes to be more so. What I have noticed about him is he always seems to turn up in big games and scores important goals, particularly in Juve's run to the CL final last season. Would definitely be keen on him at Arsenal!

If he can do similar then him and Giroud will both have plenty to offer us. Giroud is a good flat track bully. If we can get a guy who offers mobility and technique, as well as a knack for a crucial goal, then we're going to be better for it.

Talk of Wilshere wanting to move because he doesn't want to play out wide

Byebye Jack in that case.

Jack's whinging in the media about being played out of position, saying he's not a wide player was a dick move. Went beyond the usual 'I prefer to play in midfield' you get from Ramsey. Hope he doesn't get sold though, still have slim hopes that his awesomeness will make a reappearance.

Going to be a lot less game time for Coq and El-Neny next season. So many competition for players. Cazorla too is there. Hard to say who will be starting.

Yeah our CM options are looking better now with Xhaka, Coq, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla and Elneny. Hopefully there will be plenty of games for them to be rotated, and Cazorla may even be used further forward again.

I'd still like a CF and a CB, and wide player even if one of Theo\Ox leave

Well Xhaka starts most games (£30m signing so thats a given). Is a case of who partners him. I suspect Ramsey and Wilshere are going to spend most of their time out wide, the central spot will be a battle between Cazorla and Elneny.

Xhaka has taken 16. Iwobi has moved to number 17.

I'm impressed with our central midfield options. When you consider too that Wilshere and Cazorla could play ahead of the deep pair if Ozil is out/rotated, we have more options to use still.