Sports Interactive Community
ajw10

Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

Spurs 2-0 down and we are 1-0 up... no chance it stays that way :(

Yeah you were right :D

Absolutely crazy but sums this season up really. I almost feel sorry for them... almost.

We actually stole second place. We are absolute frauds.

Most undeserved second place of all time.

It's amazing because at the start of the day I had no real interest in what happened, and to be honest even now I don't care that much, but the fact that Spurs found a way to make me care a little... hats off to them. Special club.

Well that was great fun. Genuinely enjoyed that more than our FA Cup win last year.

I think you are underestimating quite how much of a state we were in prior to his arrival and how much he (and Per) changed with regards to team spirit.

I'm not underestimating anything - I remember well what kind of state we were in when we made those late signings in the transfer window and he was a good signing, but it still doesn't propel him into being one our best signings under Wenger unless the definition of "one of" is very loose.

I enjoyed Arteta scoring yesterday :) When Sanchez looked up, was so happy he chose to pick out Arteta and get him on the score sheet. Great moment.

I think I'll wait for the paperback version as I can't stand hard covers. I wasn't interested at all at first as whilst I love Parlour I didn't think it would be very good, but once I saw Amy Lawrence had written it I became very interested.

Some mates were relaying one or two of the anecdotes over the weekend and while I don't normally read autobiographies, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this one.

No Monreal, Cazorla or Bellerin in the Spanish squad, think that's quite harsh on Monreal and Bellerin but probably better news for us so that they're "fresh" for the new season.

No Monreal, Cazorla or Bellerin in the Spanish squad, think that's quite harsh on Monreal and Bellerin but probably better news for us so that they're "fresh" for the new season.

Yeah, but it's kind of hard to see them over Alba, Cavajal, and Juanfran. Azpilicueta gets the nod because of his versatility and defensive advantage, I'd imagine.

With 137 chances created, that's a new EPL record, and should have been the season someone breaks Henry's record.

Look how our rivals have failed this season. Don't get me wrong - we've suffered some serious shortcomings and worst of all, most of us saw it coming. It's been a frustrating season and people are right to complain about our internal issues.

But my word, Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea, City have absolutely failed as well. Arguably in a more emphatic way too. And despite our shortcomings, the amount of flack we've taken this season in the media just seems hugely disproportionate compared.

I'm hoping all this talk of Morata is true. Him and Xhaka would be superb signings

Look how our rivals have failed this season. Don't get me wrong - we've suffered some serious shortcomings and worst of all, most of us saw it coming. It's been a frustrating season and people are right to complain about our internal issues.

But my word, Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea, City have absolutely failed as well. Arguably in a more emphatic way too. And despite our shortcomings, the amount of flack we've taken this season in the media just seems hugely disproportionate compared.

Yeah but it probably is because all the other big teams messed up this year and really you would think this was your year but not and next year you assume the big teams will be much better. That is why there is more spotlight on you lot and considering you beat the champions twice this season, I guess people are thinking why was this not Arsenal's year.

Raphael Honigstein

@honigstein

bit of a twist in the Xhaka story. official bid has now come in much lower than Gladbach expected after negotiations with 3rd parties.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Raphael Honigstein

@honigstein

bit of a twist in the Xhaka story. official bid has now come in much lower than Gladbach expected after negotiations with 3rd parties.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jesus, they don't learn do they?!

Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 20m20 minutes ago

Xhaka has a release clause for €30m, by the way. But it only kicks in in 2017.

This isn't happening is it?

Pretty sure Wenger is going to **** this transfer window up (even more so than usual) and that will be all she wrote sadly.

btw I'd like to point out that this thread name was changed to Senegal's after a two year period where it wasn't called that. This is the reason why we didn't win a trophy

I think we should put forward ideas for a new thread title when the time draws near.

GET IN! A frickin' medical. Now for Wenger to pull all his fingers out of his ass and buy a striker...

Or is that asking too much?

Bloody hell! Fast work from Wenger!

I've seen several other pictures & they all look real enough so I'll assume I'm not being fooled by an exceptional photoshop.. \o/

Ci-dISeWsAAl_iJ.jpg

I've seen several other pictures & they all look real enough so I'll assume I'm not being fooled by an exceptional photoshop.. \o/

Ci-dISeWsAAl_iJ.jpg

I was mostly expecting the deal to collapse and for us to sign the cheaper Moussa Sissoko

Yeah it's done. Apparently Xhaka's GF leaked the pictures.

If we get Morata in I might die of shock

Arseblog reporting a squad number reshuffle - Xhaka wants number 34, so Coquelin going to 8, Alexis taking 7, Cech taking 1.

I hope Bellerin takes 2 and we fill 9 with Morata!

Coquelin better not get 8!

I feel the same, but not because of a problem with Coquelin. I just feel it's more suited to Ramsey really. I view it as a more attacking players number.

Giroud alone wasn't enough. Giroud, Walcott, Sanchez, and Ramsey were all some of the worst in the league in terms of converting big chances last season. It takes more than one good scorer to get Ozil the record, but it also takes more than one scorer being out of form to cost him his record as well.

Love all those twitter comments in the link, yes Ozil liking that picture means he hates Giroud. Bunch of morons