Sports Interactive Community
ajw10

Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

Giroud starts again :mad:

At this point, it just looks like Wenger is trying to play Giroud into form, for France, in time for the EURO.

Basicslly played an entire half at home against Norwich and not even had a shot on target ffs :D

We've had many games like that not just this season, but it's the slow paced boring build up I can't stand!

At this point, it just looks like Wenger is trying to play Giroud into form, for France, in time for the EURO.

Wenger is French, surely he wants France to do well???? Should leave him on the bench

You can't blame the players or the manager though. It's the fans fault for giving them such a hostile atmosphere.

We've had many games like that not just this season, but it's the slow paced boring build up I can't stand!

Why Wenger moved away from his fast and direct style, played by power players, to this, must be one of the great mysteries of English football.

Giroud form is Bendtner-esque

That was awful. Like watching England struggle against the poverty sides in qualifying. If that's anyone slightly better than Norwich we don't get the win. Welbeck looked good though - no idea why he didn't start.

I thought Eleny looked pretty decent as well. Also, Cech made some good saves.

A sad state of affairs when I'm more interested in the protest than the result. Apparently it was quite flat and most people were chanting for Wenger to stay. Suppose fair enough if they're happy paying the most expensive tickets in Europe for 4th place, no progress and no chance of competing for the PL or CL.

http://arsenalist.com/f/2015-16/arsenal-vs-norwich-city/arsenal-fans-protest-wenger-counter-protesters-protest-fans-protesting-wenger.html

A sad state of affairs when I'm more interested in the protest than the result. Apparently it was quite flat and most people were chanting for Wenger to stay. Suppose fair enough if they're happy paying the most expensive tickets in Europe for 4th place, no progress and no chance of competing for the PL or CL.

It was weird, because obviously its almost a silent protest. I think a lot of people agreed with the people holding the sings, but there were plenty chanting the there's only one Arsene Wenger song (which doesn't necessarily mean they want him to stay, just that they don't like him abused in this way). There was plenty of booing when they started chanting. Very split fanbase.

I think its a shame that it's got to the point where fans are having to do this. But public hostility and humiliation appears to be the only way to possibly create a change. A lot of people saying they want him gone but don't agree with the public protests - well what else can be done to convince him to step down? A lot of them will be the same ones moaning on Twitter when the same thing happens next season.

Same **** of what? Most of our failures are football technical issues, all of which are Wenger's direct responsibilities. Unless there's proof that Wenger is a baller, but we only signed Cech because the Gazidis couldn't close deals.

Same **** was meant with regards to transfers and behind the scenes stuff.

That was awful. Like watching England struggle against the poverty sides in qualifying. If that's anyone slightly better than Norwich we don't get the win. Welbeck looked good though - no idea why he didn't start.

Welbeck after the game seemed to indicate that he's struggling with his knee.

Same **** was meant with regards to transfers and behind the scenes stuff.

I don't know what behind the team stuff that has plagued us. With regards to transfers, we'd never know, but from the outside looking in, we are in the position to make big buys now, so why haven't Wenger spent more, is what most fans would ask.

Bendtner is great.

Bendtner also has a champion medal.

You're right, they're different. Giroud is worse.

Bendtner has one a champion medal in the season he played less than 10 league games and scored zero goals. Giroud has one league medal, in the season he was the league's top goal scorer, and since then, added 2 FA Cups.

My bad, I don't know what I was thinking. But I did say his form is like Bendtner, not that he's as bad as Bendtner.

Bendtner has/had more talent than Giroud - shame he's a ******. I got no clue why we are still arguing about Giroud we all know what he is and what he isn't.

Ah well, at least we didn't have to suffer the humiliation of watching our rivals win the league, and the further humiliation of being forced to acknowledge that they would have deserved it had they done it.

So aside from a deluded manager and board completely out of touch with the supporters, and the prospect of repeating it all again exactly the same next season - it's all good. :thup:

I've never known in my lifetime to have such apathy in the fanbase. It's obviously not just frustration, it's clearly where things are coming to a head. I think in our last 2 home games it could frankly get a bit ugly. I never like to see the support affect the players, but for the greater good, a show of outright anger and frustration is probably needed.

Probably won't happen. People who criticise Wenger are often called out as 'bad fans'. So the love for this senile old man will continue and the club will keep losing standing.

Looks like Welbeck's out for all of next season. Giroud will definitely stay now

Nvm, Giroud getting back on the goal trail is like a new signing \o/

You serious?

Wenger seems to think he's tore his meniscus, an injury that kept him out for close to a year previously.

Bad news off the pitch too. The club today took Arsenal stewards to City with the intention to prevent any of our fans from using pro or anti Wenger banners, they confiscated most of them but some anti Wenger banners got in, namely one held up by DT from ArsenalFanTV who is the guy semi-famous for his one.

DT put his banner up at some point and it kicked off between fellow fans. The actual details are sketchy but it resulted in him throwing a punch or two because his young son ended up getting pushed.

Bad news off the pitch too. The club today took Arsenal stewards to City with the intention to prevent any of our fans from using pro or anti Wenger banners, they confiscated most of them but some anti Wenger banners got in, namely one held up by DT from ArsenalFanTV who is the guy semi-famous for his one.

DT put his banner up at some point and it kicked off between fellow fans. The actual details are sketchy but it resulted in him throwing a punch or two because his young son ended up getting pushed.

I hate this, we're damaging our fanbase

Looks like Welbeck's out for all of next season. Giroud will definitely stay now

I did say he was crocked & couldn't be relied on.

Yep, because tearing a mensicus on his good knee proves your point.

I'm not sure this is Arsenal's fault (for a change!)

So if Liverpool win the Europa league, does that mean only the top two in the league getting automatic qualification into the Champions League next year (with Liverpool getting the 3rd automatic spot)?

And therefore even 3rd would require a playoff to qualify?

I don't see why. If the spot for winning Europa is already allocated as an automatic qualification, it shouldn't make any difference.

No. The top 3 automatically qualify regardless of what Liverpool do

The Europa League winner is guaranteed a place through the playoffs I think, so isn't a group stage qualifier anyway.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2016.html

The Champions League title holder spot is not used since both finalists, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid, already qualified for the group stage by the domestic league. This implies that the Europa League title holder, Liverpool or Sevilla, gains access to the Champions League group stage.

Just an extra spot in group stage given if Liverpool win EL.

4th place will still have the playoff place.

If scenario occurred that city were in CL final, get 5th and win CL, would then 3rd place be in a playoff that would be the only question but not applicable now.

Nope. 3rd place would still qualify automatically. All four English teams qualified for the groups when Chelsea won it in 2011/12.

Basically, no matter what happens the top 3 in England, Germany and Spain qualify for the Champions League

Giroud seems slower and more lethargic lately even though he's barely played much since February. Bit of a mess the side atm. Coquelin is even more terrible than usual with the ball, Gabriel is showing no improvement even with game time and Cech is getting beat too often at the near post from shots outside of the box since he has been back from injury. Luckily our form till January was alright because we've been trash since that Liverpool game.

Nope. 3rd place would still qualify automatically. All four English teams qualified for the groups when Chelsea won it in 2011/12.

But only 4 made it then so yes all went into groups but if 5 made it with 2 of them being euro cup winners (pool and city for example) who get group spot, Champions of England also gets group spot, 2nd in prem would get group spot but then I was wondering if 3rd place league finish would also make it into group.

I mean take Spanish league as a scenario.

Barcelona win league - group spot

Real Madrid - runners up - group spot

Sevilla win EL- group spot

But imagine Ath Madrid were 4th, Villareal 3rd

If Ath Madrid won the CL then they would get group spot so would that mean Villareal get group spot or be in playoff?

Villarreal would get the group spot, Sevilla would have to qualify

So I'm hearing Welbeck is going to be out for 3-5 months and will miss the euro's.

Wenger HAS to buy a striker now but it would be typical Wenger if we didn't.

Nah Wenger I'm sure will say

"we've got good quality here at Arsenal, I mean no one thought 12 months back that Leicester could win prem with what they had so why cant Arsenal win it next season with what we have now"

:D

"we've got good quality here at Arsenal, I mean no one thought 12 months back that Leicester could win prem with what they had so why cant Arsenal win it next season with what we have now"

I really want to laugh at this, but I can't. It's too sad. Sweepstake on when we're trawling back to this page in order to quote your post in the new thread?

Top 4 trophy ours again! \o/

Great times these. Cherish them.

Heh heh - sad but true. :D