Sports Interactive Community
ajw10

Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

Apparently ArsenalFanTV went off earlier. Someone called Claude a pervert and he went mental. Also heard at one point there was A physical fight between some of them with big crowds of people cheering them on.

Clip of Kenny Ken in the action doing the rounds. Mad scenes. Only bit of fight I've seen at The Emirates today :D

Do any of you actually see that happening though? Wenger is far too proud of a man to step down.

No, what he'll do is cling on and then things will get really bad next season and he leaves in an undignified fashion.

For immediate concerns, what should we do with Sanchez? He's a shadow of his former self since his return. Do we play or do we drop? Maybe we don't have a choice because of all the injuries. Walcott is always invisible so he's not an actual option.

Campbell actually looked pretty decent. I think he'll be even better with Bellerin. Welbeck is our most inform striker right now, so he should start as well.

Do any of you actually see that happening though? Wenger is far too proud of a man to step down.

I'd say it's unlikely but not entirely out of the realms of possibility.

He's got to go and it's better that he does it now before things turn really sour. I'm totally prepared for things to go tits up for a while once he goes too but this inertia can't carry on indefinitely. It's boring.

Do you think some of your best players will be rested for Wednesday with Everton in mind?

I think we'll lose both matches whatever teams we put out in either matches tbh

I think we'll lose both matches whatever teams we put out in either matches tbh

It's a bit like that currently, having absolutely no faith in the team that's put out whether it's the strongest available or rotated. It's hard to see us getting a win or even a half decent performance!

I think top four will be a struggle, can easily see us slip out of it

Our next three fixtures in the league are Everton (a), Watford (h) and West Ham (a). This is going to get worse before it gets better.

Hard to enjoy him when we're not making great use of him is it :D We've bought a Ferrari but we're only using it for the weekly grocery shop.

I think top four will be a struggle, can easily see us slip out of it

I think Man City are more likely to drop out with West Ham taking them. Man Utd aren't good enough to challenge, the rest are too far behind & you'll pick up form after a Barcelona maul you so that there's a another summer of false optimism, over the top delight at Christmas & then capitulation in March 2017.

I think Man City are more likely to drop out with West Ham taking them. Man Utd aren't good enough to challenge, the rest are too far behind & you'll pick up form after a Barcelona maul you so that there's a another summer of false optimism, over the top delight at Christmas & then capitulation in March 2017.

Don't forget a new contract for Wenger

The more time that goes on the more and more I warm to Van Persie. Of course Fergie massively ****ed him over in the long run but you can't blame the guy for leaving - I dread to think how that meeting with him went.

Does anyone know what our conversion rate is at the moment? It feels like we need to create 10 good chances for one goal. I mean, we're still creating chances, we're just not finishing them off. The difference between our conversion rate, and the league average must be massive, I'd imagine. We always seem to create better chances first, fail to score, then concede. I mean, the difference between going ahead and chasing the game, game after game, is pretty big.

I have to say I don't really get the anti-Wenger vibes. I don't support Arsenal and I don't particularly like Wenger but I am puzzled at the willingness of so many Arsenal fans to see him go after everything he has done for the club. I think you will comfortably finish in the top four and even if you are not challenging for the league title this year, even if you you go out of the Champions League this week (which looks likely), you will not be far off and still have the Champions League and another tilt at the cups and league next year.

If Wenger leaves, there is no guarantee that in the change-over turmoil that a different manager brings that he will keep you in the top four. I think it would be a huge gamble.

Many years ago I was trying to convince Arsenal supporting friends that allowing Wenger to leave for Madrid when all that talk was going about was a good move for the club, that still hasn't changed as the club have not progressed & there are no signs that Wenger has the answers.

If being a short odds also-ran is acceptable then keeping Wenger is the way to go, a club the size of Arsenal should be more ambitious but I've always held the view that many of the supporters & more importantly the management are/were too fearful of change, they are the prototypical Premier League gravy train outfit that will not risk a drop in income when there is no tangible financial gain for winning trophies.

Does anyone know what our conversion rate is at the moment? It feels like we need to create 10 good chances for one goal. I mean, we're still creating chances, we're just not finishing them off. The difference between our conversion rate, and the league average must be massive, I'd imagine. We always seem to create better chances first, fail to score, then concede. I mean, the difference between going ahead and chasing the game, game after game, is pretty big.

And in every striker comparison thread, it's always the Arsenal fans going "scoring goals is not everything for a striker" :D

Yes Arsenal should be challenging for the title nearly every season. Since the last time Arsenal won the league United have won 5 titles, Chelsea 4 and City 2.

The paymasters say there is money to spend yet the gaping holes that existed 3 seasons ago still exist. It's made all the worse when you consider that Leicster might just win it with a fraction of the budget Arsenal have.

Hang on a minute, has it just been implied that we're fickle and ungrateful? Really?

I have to say I don't really get the anti-Wenger vibes. I don't support Arsenal and I don't particularly like Wenger but I am puzzled at the willingness of so many Arsenal fans to see him go after everything he has done for the club. I think you will comfortably finish in the top four and even if you are not challenging for the league title this year, even if you you go out of the Champions League this week (which looks likely), you will not be far off and still have the Champions League and another tilt at the cups and league next year.

If Wenger leaves, there is no guarantee that in the change-over turmoil that a different manager brings that he will keep you in the top four. I think it would be a huge gamble.

This kind of mentality is why Arsenal will never win the league again under Wenger.

And in every striker comparison thread, it's always the Arsenal fans going "scoring goals is not everything for a striker" :D

It's not just the strikers though. Eleny couldn't convert two good chances against Watford. Not even testing the GK really. Sanchez and Ramsey have probably been more guilty than anyone. Ramsey is getting just as many chances as ever, but he simply isn't finishing like he was 2 seasons ago. Even Monreal lol. Giroud his usual inconsistent self (could see it coming from a mile away, but now that Welbeck is back, maybe he can be rested now.)

Seriously though, it's like the entire team just forgot how to finish. I don't know what's up.

This kind of mentality is why Arsenal will never win the league again under Wenger.

The guy you quoted is not an Arsenal fan...

I know, he said it himself in the post I quoted. Doesn't make my point any less valid.

For almost a decade we've argued in this thread between ourselves, with people, including myself, vehemently defending Wenger saying how we can't realistically compete with oil money at City, blood money at Chelsea, commercial money at United - yet this season all three of those teams have been much worse than us and we've somehow still fallen short of what it takes to win the title. Liverpool partly disproved Wenger's arguments about not being able to compete a few seasons ago - they eventually fell short of winning the league, but Leicester City have proven this season that all this time Wenger was talking ****. They're about to win the league, not with oil money, not blood money, not commercial money - but crisp money.

I genuinely believe that Leicester and Spurs could both lose their last 8 games (they obviously won't but playing devil's advocate) and we still wouldn't win the league. West Ham would probably end up winning it.

This team that Wenger has assembled is full of mentally weak spineless bottlers. Our players are the sort to Instagram or Tweet something like "RARING TO GO FOR THE GAME TODAY!!!" then in the game itself they don't show up - no fight, no spine, no bottle. The majority of our players are basically the thirsty guys who message girls on Tinder stuff like "I'm gonna ****ing destroy you tonight. You won't get any sleep tonight ;) x" then when it comes down to it they last 10 seconds.

They're about to win the league, not with oil money, not blood money, not commercial money - but crisp money.

Let's be honest, you wrote that whole rant just to say that line... didn't you! :D

Let's be honest, you wrote that whole rant just to say that line... didn't you! :D

I can't even claim credit for it, shamelessly stolen from an ArsenalFanTV interview with that guy who made the Wenger banner. It is a bloody great line though :D

Leicester are about to win the league and you are saying that Wenger is doing a good job?

Since the 1st of December we've picked up the exact same number of points as Chelsea

I can't even claim credit for it, shamelessly stolen from an ArsenalFanTV interview with that guy who made the Wenger banner. It is a bloody great line though :D

I've just found out the King Power isn't what the KP abbreviation in KP Nuts is for... so the Crisp-Nut Axis of Evil doesn't even hold true :(

I can't remember the last time I felt this way about a game. A game we literally have no chance of winning and will very likely lose badly. I don't even know if I want to watch it. A mix of genuine fear and apathy.

I don't want to watch it but I will. I'm just hoping we don't embarrass ourselves.

This. I can't help but watch it.

I think it might be a draw, just like it was in the 2nd leg game of Barca vs Valencia?

I don't know the press conferences have worried me. They're all talking about how we're gonna go and attack them. I mean yeah in theory that's better than a defeatist attitude and it would be amazing if the first 20 minutes went like the game against United at the Emirates, but we're at the Nou Camp and dreadfully out off form. If by attack them they mean leave a stupidly high line and not bother defending then it could be like Chelsea and Liverpool thrashing us again.

It should've been 4 in the first leg and we actually played and defended reasonably well (for us) in that game.

Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"

Clubber Lang: "Prediction?........ Pain"

Just watch as we actually pull out a goal victory because there is "no pressure" on us to do well anymore lol

Imagine starting Flamini at the Nou Camp. That's like wearing a Lonsdale tracksuit to your wedding.

Iwobi, Gabriel and Flamini starting, Campbell on the bench, Chambers not making the squad :rolleyes: