Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

ajw10

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wenger on Manchester United: "Let's not got overboard. They had a very experienced midfield and spent a lot of money."

No point getting wound up by his post match comments, he's tried chucking the players under the bus on Tuesday and that didn't work, back to arm around the shoulder stuff.

Only good thing going into that is that they will be under more pressure than us' date=' be interesting to see how they handle it.[/quote']

You will be imo. Spurs lose they are still in the race. If you lose and results in midweek go as you expect you can pretty much say it is over for you.

The Arsenal meltdown thread is full of Arsenal fans moaning about how they couldn't beat a team of kids despite having a ref who wanted them to win, sad times when that happens.

Gabriel assisted both of Rashford goals earlier so I assume he was playing for you?

Arsenal need a change of transfer policy really. This "long term" stuff they've been peddling for a decade doesn't seem to be working with Ox and Walcott underperforming, Wilshere almost constantly injured, and not much sign of youth players breaking through anytime soon either. They have a solid foundation to work with but some areas where they're just too weak, and there's a mentality of being nearly men setting in at the club which means they always seem to bottle it at the wrong moment. Changing the mentality at the club is the biggest task for the club and some fresh faces may help with that. And if the new signings don't help then maybe then the board should consider whether Wenger's time is up at the club.

Arsenal aren't producing anything though and their scouting system hasn't exactly set the world on fire. I don't just mean "buy more players", I mean things like overhauling the scouting network because Arsenal's problems can't simply be solved with Cech, Oezil and Sanchez. They haven't been able to find a good striker since Henry left and their defence has always been somewhat suspect, and they've yet to really bring in anyone who can substantially improve those areas.

Arsenal aren't producing anything though and their scouting system hasn't exactly set the world on fire. I don't just mean "buy more players", I mean things like overhauling the scouting network because Arsenal's problems can't simply be solved with Cech, Oezil and Sanchez. They haven't been able to find a good striker since Henry left and their defence has always been somewhat suspect, and they've yet to really bring in anyone who can substantially improve those areas.

I think van Persie had a good career which Wenger deserves a lot of credit for.

I mean finding world class strikers and defenders is really easy because you don't have to compete with other clubs for them. The issue is Wenger (like every other manager) has weaknesses and he hasn't found a player who can cover for those on the pitch since Viera.

Arsenal have bought pretty damned well over the last few years but you're competing against other teams for those players.

Maybe Arsenal are just looking in the wrong places? A player like Riyad Mahrez would do well in Arsenal's system but he completely slipped under their radar.

Just like us, City and Chelsea are?

I like Mahrez, but any scout who would have picked him up ahead of Alexis Sanchez isn't a good one.

The striker argument winds me up because we have good ones like Giroud, Welbeck, even Theo when he can be bothered. It's just that elite striker is so hard to find, which is why we spent all summer trying to bring in Benzema.

It's such a weird thing to pick up on Wenger, when you could just look at his decision to go into the season with Coquelin as first choice.

I always thought wandsfan was a sensible user but it's like he has had some kind of breakdown where he just wants to come in to all the clubs threads and post absolute nonsense and then get really indignant when everyone points out how stupid the things he is saying are.

You can't play Mahrez and Ozil in the same team. Not convinced Mahrez will look as good at a big club either.

I might be wrong, but I think there's a reason that he's at Leicester and a reason why Ranieri subbed him off against us when they went down to ten.

Why wouldn't Oezil and Mahrez work in the same team then? Either way I was just using him as an example of a good player that can be found through a different way of scouting. I believe Arsenal have got one or two of Leicester's scouting team on board now anyway so I guess we should expect to see Arsenal's scouting methods change this summer anyway.

Yeah it was a relevant argument like 4 years ago perhaps, but he's bought Ozil, Sanchez, Cech, Debuchy, Welbeck, Podolski, Giroud, Carzola etc. and not really spent big on any youth players.

There's only one world class striker in the Premier League right now, hardly fair on Wenger that he doesn't have Aguero.

I always thought wandsfan was a sensible user but it's like he has had some kind of breakdown where he just wants to come in to all the clubs threads and post absolute nonsense and then get really indignant when everyone points out how stupid the things he is saying are.

I appreciate that but if you ask any other user here they'll just point out that I'm a ****** that knows nothing about football and they're probably right in some respects.

Archived