Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

ajw10

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The goal was pretty much the best of 3 players, Coq, Ozil, and Walcott.

Walcott misplayed chances that Giroud probably could have done better, and scored a goal Giroud probably couldn't have scored. It's all about balancing trade-offs.

Ramsey still looked a bit weird for me out there. He's done well for a non-winger, but I just can't help but want a proper winger out there. Ox must still be far off from being good enough to start consistently.

Defense, comfortable. Gabriel has been a very good addition. Such an assurance to have him when Per/Kos can't play.

Easily our best performance so far this season. We completely dominated the game, and looked dangerous throughout. Some of our plays were very encouraging.

Very impressed with how confidently we dealt with them, defensively, as well.

We saw, more or less, the best and worst of our two strikers. We're the most statistically creative team in the EPL so far, but we're probably also the most wasteful. Somehow, I feel like that is a good sign. I feel like our finishing will get better, once people get into good form.

If Kos/Gab keep up this form, Per shouldn't get back into the XI once he returns to fitness, unless one of Kos/Gab needs a rest.

It is a good sign as we quite simply can't keep missing chances like we have. All the players missing are doing so in an amount not consistent with their careers so far

I think for Giroud it's pretty consistent. He's always been capable of missing a number of chances, but he'll also put a number of them in. 2-3 goals in five games is roughly what we would expect from a 15-20 league goals strikers.

I don't know about Ozil since he doesn't get into many scoring positions anyway, and therefore, not a big time scorer. The likes of Ramsey, Sanchez, and Walcott should be putting up better numbers soon though, if they get the chances.

I thought our performance was a massive improvement today. The passing was much quicker in the final third, and the off the ball movement much more varied and not at all static. I suppose that's the way we play when Walcott is up front - we can't use him as a pivot like we do Giroud, so requires more movement from all parties. Finishing in places was a shame, but the 2 players will hopefully both go away confident after each scoring. It's a good thing they both did. We're in a much better place for Zagreb in midweek and Chelsea at the weekend.

Walcott won't score on a consistent basis and his general all round performance isn't good enough to make up for that.

Oh and Coquelin's role in our first goal really shouldn't be praised. He had to make that tackle because his positioning was so bad.

Walcott won't score on a consistent basis and his general all round performance isn't good enough to make up for that.

Oh and Coquelin's role in our first goal really shouldn't be praised. He had to make that tackle because his positioning was so bad.

I think everyone realize how one dimensional Walcott can be.

And to not praise Coq, would be like saying, "you shouldn't praise this striker for his goal, because he failed to get into a better position, and had to resort to a difficult finish." Everyone makes mistakes, but Coq was good enough to recover and did his job of winning back the ball, and it led to a goal. Even Maldini will disappoint you if you're looking for perfect positioning all the time.

I think everyone realize how one dimensional Walcott can be.

And to not praise Coq, would be like saying, "you shouldn't praise this striker for his goal, because he failed to get into a better position, and had to resort to a difficult finish." Everyone makes mistakes, but Coq was good enough to recover and did his job of winning back the ball, and it led to a goal. Even Maldini will disappoint you if you're looking for perfect positioning all the time.

He'll never change his mind once it's made up.

Just heard a stat that Gab has started 11 games so far for us, and in that 11 games, we won 10 and drew 1, while conceding only 4 goals. Another Ospina statistical presentation lol.

In all seriousness though, I quite like the Kos/Gab combo. Wasn't sure it could work, but it's been looking pretty good. I think Gab should keep his place even once Per comes back. It's good to have 3 good CBS to call up.

In other news, Vermaelen picked up another injury :(

Gabriel has looked impressive so far. I love a defender with his aggression. He doesn't seem reckless either. Just proactive and aggressive. His pace is good. When he plays we must have 1 of the quickest backlines in the league - excellent for playing a high line.

He doesn't attack crosses really. He also doesn't have enough varied movement to make up for lack of physicality in the box. For instance Aguero is always moving and will drop off for pull backs etc. Walcott is just simplistic in his approach

This is the problem. His touch is fine, it's his lack of movement that's the real issue. He moves like a wide forward - which is what he is.

I can't see it happening but going to Stamford Bridge on Saturday and winning 2/3-0 with Mourinho getting the sack or walking would be like winning a trophy imo at least in terms of how satisfying it would be.

For the first time I am actually expecting us to lose when we play you. We are just too poor ATM.

Nah just look at the Man U game at the Emirates we will probably batter you and lose doing something stupid

It's a huge embarrassment that we never beat United in the league during the last two seasons really. That's why I'm confident Chelsea will win or it will be a boring draw.

I WOULD LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM though

did I miss the announcement that Henry was a U19 coach now? seen him in pictures for their training sessions with an official tracksuit like the coaches have. doesn't look like he's just popped in.

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/09/jonker-confirms-henrys-under-18-role/

ajw will like this - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9991644/theo-walcott-is-wasteful-in-front-of-goal-for-arsenal-stats-show

Walcott, Giroud & Sanchez topping the Prem's CCC missed list & Santi & Ozil topping the chances created list - the Arsenal way

A much much better problem to have than not being able to create chances. We know Giroud, Sanchez, Walcott, and even Ramsey can be more clinical. The question is, are Ozil and Cazorla being more creative than their usual self? If topping the chance creation chart is the norm for these two, then I expect the conversion rate to improve.

Dinamo will be confident opponents tonight, but think we'll have enough in the tank to win it. Be good to see some rotation though. Debuchy, Gibbs, Arteta, Chamberlain should all play. Expect Gabriel and Koscielny's good partnership to continue too.

Archived